logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#1 Posted : 18 June 2012 17:03:00(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I think somebody may have done this before, but I felt like starting it anyway, especially after seeing some awful shit.

So, I like the Salem. They're this dark house band, I think they go by a genre called witch house. Anyway, they have some pretty sweet stuff, it sounds pretty neat. It only appeals to white suburban teens, but currently being one, it is marketable I guess...

Anyway, so I went to see them live with two friends, and they were the WORST fuckin' thing I have ever heard. First off, they had a singer....Since when do any techno/house type artists actually have the singer SING the sing live? Salem songs, just like any techno song, don't really have lyrics are sung like a normal generic pop song or something similar. The guy sounded so stupid, and he was a clear stoner too, so he sounded like a week-old wet cunt. The rest of the band sucked, in summary, they sounded so apart. They were together when they played. They were all like dying off on their own. YET, the crowd loved them.....there were actual cheers for them, which blew my mind.

Anyway, share your dreaded experiences.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2012 03:50:47(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Worst band I've seen personally:

Probably Fear Before (the March of Flames) saw them at my first concert which had a great bill (for me at the time): ISMFOF, Alesana, Fall from Grace (who were pretty shit themselves) and Drop Dead Gorgeous.

So anyhow, they had a dark, brooding sound which I totally wasn't going for at the time, I was into the whole screamo, post-hardcore scene (complete opposite of now) with auto-tune and all. So as the songs continued and stuff they had a guy in a gorilla-suit come out and rub people and shit. It was weird and I wasn't going for it.

Though as I look through my current listens, I'd probably like them now, or so I thought until I listened to one of their tracks a month ago and they are pretty lame.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2012 03:42:24(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Excluding festivals, I saw Avenged Sevenfold play in Glasgow in 2004. Went to check out the support band Send More Paramedics, & because I was already down in Glasgow for a gig the night before & the night after. SMP were fucking blistering but oh my god were Avenged Sevenfold appalling. Just dull dull dull.

Oh god, I just remembered that I saw Alestorm at their own show once. Was the weekend of a friends birthday & he wanted to see the support band The Rotted. I'd totally erased that from my memory as well. Alestorm are fucking terrible, but I actually think the support group who were some weird Yanks who I think were trying to convert us into Christians. Playing power metal. I don't know why a death metal group like The Rotted were on the bill.
Offline Wont Be Denied  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2012 04:18:40(UTC)
Wont Be Denied

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The Offspring is the worst band I have ever seen live. I enjoy their music, but my god, their stage show sucks. Kinda agree with Avenged Sevenfold, take out the pyro and there isn't much to their show. I think it's more due to their frontman than anything.
Wont Be Denied consists of:

Mike Williams - Lead Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
Kyle Gilliam - Lead Guitar
Chris George - Bass Guitar
Aaron Louie - Drums
Offline _Python_  
#5 Posted : 05 August 2012 20:58:23(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
AC/DC

I kid, I kid lawl. In all seriousness, I seen Taking Back Sunday before they ever got "big" (I don't know if they are big where y'all live, but here it seems everyone knows them and kids even seem to ride their dick.) anyways, the show was fuckin' horrible, and that's a compliment. The way they just stood on stage, and the way Lazarra just didn't seem to be getting in the music was just awful. It was like a country concert, and I hate those. Then again, Georgia hardly ever gets any concerts that even seem remotely interesting to me. They need to bring back Midtown, Atlanta is just full of underground rappers and dubstep right now. I love raves, but the rappers can go to hell...
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#6 Posted : 07 August 2012 00:10:29(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
You should head to Athens. From what I heard since Elephant 6 started there, a ton of indie rock bands are trying to strike big.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mckenzie-  
#7 Posted : 07 August 2012 01:08:22(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I remember, i think it was two years ago a band called Cash Cash were playing in my local town. My friend had informed me that they were good, she basically said they were amazing! So.. reluctantly I went... ill never see them live again. They were barely live. Synthed beats pre-recorded were playing along with some absolutely horrific vocals.
retired x
Offline El Capitan  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2012 21:50:34(UTC)
El Capitan

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mt. Epic Go to Quoted Post
he sounded like a week-old wet cunt.

I cannot say I've ever heard the sounds of a week old wet cunt....most intriguing.

Offline Taylr2  
#9 Posted : 03 September 2012 20:15:24(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 166 post(s)
The James Cleaver Quintet. Absolutely shocking, saw them in Merthyr Rock yesterday and they were just poor.
Offline _Python_  
#10 Posted : 04 September 2012 04:18:18(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: El Capitan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mt. Epic Go to Quoted Post
he sounded like a week-old wet cunt.

I cannot say I've ever heard the sounds of a week old wet cunt....most intriguing.

I hate to be the jackass to have to say it, but I think he's referring to a "queef".
UserPostedImage