logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<286287288289290>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DistortedAudio  
#5741 Posted : 22 March 2011 12:52:31(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
can anybody recommend me a good death metal band with trumpets?

Movits? Wait, no. How about THE FLAMING TSUNAMIS?

Most of their old albums are on Community Records.com for free(plus Fatter Than Albert stuff)

http://www.communityrecords.org/news/?page_id=228

In other news I'm getting entirely sick of MTVU(my only reliable on-air source for Music now) need to play The Suburbs every hour. I acknowledge that Arcade Fire is a good band and all but watching a Spike Jonze directed music video gets old after 8 viewings.

Edited by user 22 March 2011 12:56:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline HellRaider  
#5742 Posted : 22 March 2011 23:53:29(UTC)
HellRaider

Man

It's not really death metal and uses a trombone instead of a trumpet but you should try Sear Bliss.
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal

Offline Gildermershina  
#5743 Posted : 23 March 2011 22:59:25(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hooray! Part 1 of my new computer arrived today, a Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA 22inch 16:10 monitor. No computer to plug it into yet, but hey, all in good time...

Dabs sitting at everything allocated except my motherboard, which should be in next couple days apparently. I know there's a shortage of that motherboard because the earlier revision had a flaw in the intel chipset, so a certain amount of this revision's units are reserved for RMA-ers for the old board.

Edited by user 23 March 2011 23:01:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#5744 Posted : 24 March 2011 00:20:10(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Passed my drug test which means I can go back to school! (after being out for a month)
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline xNightsidex  
#5745 Posted : 24 March 2011 06:59:50(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Got inked yesterday after a fair while of planning, scrapping designs, and trying to get this one perfect. Probably won't make much sense to anyone who isn't familiar with the Bright Eyes album "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning", but I wanted this done at least before uni as a commemoration for the relationship between my housemate Lianne and I.

Took this a few hours after getting it done yesterday, so it's a little bloody still, but hey ho...

UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#5746 Posted : 24 March 2011 21:34:16(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I think I have just come to the realization that many of you have already come too and that I've been denying.

This place sucks lately.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Mt. Epic  
#5747 Posted : 25 March 2011 07:02:48(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
asdf wrote:
I think I have just come to the realization that many of you have already come too and that I've been denying.

This place sucks lately.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

CONGRATULATIONS!!! THE FIRST STEP TO RECOVERY IS OVERCOMING DENIAL!!! WE'VE PASSED THE HARDEST PART!!! NOW WE CAN START THE HEALING!!!

but srsly, this place is a sht hole. I only stayed on because I remember all the good times I've had on here, plus I have hope in a comeback. It always happens.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline genocidal king  
#5748 Posted : 25 March 2011 07:31:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Yeah, this forum has died and has been a rotting carcass for quite a while. I only check in when I'm bored and have no other websites to visit.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#5749 Posted : 25 March 2011 07:56:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8685 time(s) in 2725 post(s)
I guess it's to each his own really.
I personally like it here, I don't think it's particularly bad, it's been worse.
Roleplay is the most active and I think there's been worse times in the past. But it's just my opinion but I can see where you guys are coming from.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5750 Posted : 25 March 2011 07:59:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
I don't think it's bad. I doubt that it'll get back to those great times you all remember because people decide to leave alot.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Mt. Epic  
#5751 Posted : 25 March 2011 07:59:53(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
I personally like it here, I don't think it's particularly bad, it's been worse.
Roleplay is the most active and I think there's been worse times in the past. But it's just my opinion but I can see where you guys are coming from.

i don't like the rp section anymore. I quit because I was too busy to be apart of it, but I read it over. It's been infected by mischievous hip-hoppers who can't spell for shit. The veterans aren't at their prime right now (don't mean to sound like a meanie weenie, but it WAS better before).
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#5752 Posted : 25 March 2011 08:02:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8685 time(s) in 2725 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:

i don't like the rp section anymore. I quit because I was too busy to be apart of it, but I read it over. It's been infected by mischievous hip-hoppers who can't spell for shit. The veterans aren't at their prime right now (don't mean to sound like a meanie weenie, but it WAS better before).

I agree that it was better in the past but it's also been worse.
And those hip-hop guys your talking about, I think we've just learnt to ignore them, the majority of people who roleplay seriously are all very good and it's friendly which I think is a good thing. But I definitely get what your saying.
Offline HellRaider  
#5753 Posted : 25 March 2011 08:08:07(UTC)
HellRaider

Man

Are you trying to tell me that I picked a shitty time to make my comeback? :P

Without joking around, I returned to release my head of a few ideas I had with Transferium Project. Initially it wasn't my intention to return to the forum, just to the game, hence why the latest album was already released when I logged on. But I got kinda stoked to RP again and just logged on. As long as I can release imagination I don't mind of the place is dead.
Transferium Project: Symphonic progressive melodic death metal
Carnage: Brutal old-school death metal
Ancient Legend: Progressive power/shred metal

Offline Mt. Epic  
#5754 Posted : 25 March 2011 09:17:18(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

HellRaider wrote:

Without joking around, I returned to release my head of a few ideas I had with Transferium Project. Initially it wasn't my intention to return to the forum, just to the game, hence why the latest album was already released when I logged on. But I got kinda stoked to RP again and just logged on. As long as I can release imagination I don't mind of the place is dead.

No my friend! You've returned at the best timing! We NEED a comeback of a good, fresh-minded RP-er. I'd do it but i just don't have the time (brag-mode: ON)
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5755 Posted : 25 March 2011 11:19:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Well you know people have lives. Some people don't take this site way too seriously like we do, which is normal. I've actually spent almost half of my last three years on this site. That's kind of shameful.

The reason why the roleplay section is so crappy is because people don't interact and we have a lot of cold shoulders on this forum. Which doesn't effect me one bit, since i have a resume to look back to and slap it in their face.

But I do miss the days were i would log on and it would say the following in the roleplay section:

MT. EPIC stephaniewazhere, asdf, old.gregg, girlspice, thenimrods, aj, bikz, genocidal king, blueleh, PANIC!, Regan, Raphaela, Tension101, Gemma375, Lepelbos, Synxhard, Tayrl,

shiit even troymazing :(

Edited by user 25 March 2011 13:17:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The Nimrods  
#5756 Posted : 25 March 2011 11:35:36(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Contemplating the perfect FIFA 11 lineup with a relatively young Arsenal which turns out to be very difficult. So far I've thought of

GK-Wojciech Szczesny (high potential, 86, though until then I'll have to use Almunia for harder matches)
LB- I'll stick with Clichy I don't like him much but he's fast as hell and has a decent starting rating
RB- Bacary Sagna because I love him and flank defenders aren't too important to me, I may buy Dani Alves somewhere along the way but he's gonna be pricey and isn't very young. I like Sergio Ramos too but he's pricey and still a bit too old, I'm gonna end up scouting for my right back.
CB 1: David Luiz, quick and effective but I won't be able to buy him early because he just moved to Chelsea. Till then I'll make due with Vermalen
CB 2: Pique is who I want but he might take a while to get, I want him tough.
CDM 1: Jack Wilshere- Great potential, young, in FIFA 11 he's a CAM but I'm playing him there anyway because he plays there now and I play well with him there.
CDM 2: This is one of the hardest to choose because Song is great at intercepting midfield passes and ten re-starting the play, however he's not the greatest as an overall midfielder even though I like him. That being said, I'm looking for a new CDM, I tried Jeremy Toulalan but he's older and not exactly what I want which is a great defender but also amazing passer which isn't working too well with him. I thought about Xabi Alsonso but he's expensive . I'm probably going to search a while for a CDM but till then Song does a decent job.
CAM: This is hard because I play the best with Nasri there but Fabregas is better, especially at long passing. However, I'm going to sell him (most likely to Barca) because I play better with Nasri there and I'll get some cheap young player to understudy for Nasri or just bench Cesc.
LW: This is probably who I'm buying first, Eden Hazard from Lille. He's a good crosser, fast, and skillful, exactly who I want as a winger and I'll sell Arshavin.
RW: Difficult again because if I play Nasri here, Fabregas can still play center. However, I really like Walcott here because I play well with him sending ground passes into the box and he's also pretty skillful and young too. I may use Hatem Ben Arfa here or my virtual Pro but for now I like Walcott.
ST: Hulk from Porto. He's quick, tall, and very strong. Not to mention relatively young and he plays like Rooney but is more skillful.

I have no idea why I wrote this but any suggestions FIFA palyers
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

#5757 Posted : 25 March 2011 11:36:36(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

HellRaider wrote:

At this point anyone is welcomed. Trust.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#5758 Posted : 25 March 2011 13:16:05(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Well you know people have lives. Some people don't take this site way too seriously like we do, which is normal. I've actually spent almost half of my last three years on this site. That's kind of shameful.

The reason why the roleplay section is so crappy is because people don't interact and we have a lot of cold shoulders on this forum. Which doesn't effect me one bit, since i have a resume to look back to and slap it in their face.

But I do miss the days were i would log on and it would say the following in the roleplay section:

stephaniewazhere, asdf, old.gregg, girlspice, thenimrods, aj, bikz, genocidal king, blueleh, PANIC!, Regan, Raphaela, Tension101, Gemma375, Lepelbos, Synxhard, Tayrl,

uhh, i think you're missing a name there Whistle
UserPostedImage

#5759 Posted : 25 March 2011 13:22:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Mt. Epic wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

stephaniewazhere, asdf, old.gregg, girlspice, thenimrods, aj, bikz, genocidal king, blueleh, PANIC!, Regan, Raphaela, Tension101, Gemma375, Lepelbos, Synxhard, Tayrl,

uhh, i think you're missing a name there Whistle

I did not forget such thing Whistle
Offline genocidal king  
#5760 Posted : 25 March 2011 18:08:55(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
Contemplating the perfect FIFA 11 lineup with a relatively young Arsenal which turns out to be very difficult. So far I've thought of

GK-Wojciech Szczesny (high potential, 86, though until then I'll have to use Almunia for harder matches)
LB- I'll stick with Clichy I don't like him much but he's fast as hell and has a decent starting rating
RB- Bacary Sagna because I love him and flank defenders aren't too important to me, I may buy Dani Alves somewhere along the way but he's gonna be pricey and isn't very young. I like Sergio Ramos too but he's pricey and still a bit too old, I'm gonna end up scouting for my right back.
CB 1: David Luiz, quick and effective but I won't be able to buy him early because he just moved to Chelsea. Till then I'll make due with Vermalen
CB 2: Pique is who I want but he might take a while to get, I want him tough.
CDM 1: Jack Wilshere- Great potential, young, in FIFA 11 he's a CAM but I'm playing him there anyway because he plays there now and I play well with him there.
CDM 2: This is one of the hardest to choose because Song is great at intercepting midfield passes and ten re-starting the play, however he's not the greatest as an overall midfielder even though I like him. That being said, I'm looking for a new CDM, I tried Jeremy Toulalan but he's older and not exactly what I want which is a great defender but also amazing passer which isn't working too well with him. I thought about Xabi Alsonso but he's expensive . I'm probably going to search a while for a CDM but till then Song does a decent job.
CAM: This is hard because I play the best with Nasri there but Fabregas is better, especially at long passing. However, I'm going to sell him (most likely to Barca) because I play better with Nasri there and I'll get some cheap young player to understudy for Nasri or just bench Cesc.
LW: This is probably who I'm buying first, Eden Hazard from Lille. He's a good crosser, fast, and skillful, exactly who I want as a winger and I'll sell Arshavin.
RW: Difficult again because if I play Nasri here, Fabregas can still play center. However, I really like Walcott here because I play well with him sending ground passes into the box and he's also pretty skillful and young too. I may use Hatem Ben Arfa here or my virtual Pro but for now I like Walcott.
ST: Hulk from Porto. He's quick, tall, and very strong. Not to mention relatively young and he plays like Rooney but is more skillful.

I have no idea why I wrote this but any suggestions FIFA palyers

I assume you're playing on Career mode > Manager dude yeah? I have played through 5 seasons as Arsenal on that mode in 11 and have some tips for you.

For a CB, you should forget Piqué, although he is absolutely amazing, he is far too pricey. Raul Albiol from Real Madrid is much much cheaper and is pretty much the same player. He scores A LOT from corners and he is an absolute rock at the back. Partner him with Vermaelen.

Use Wilshere sparingly, and don't use him in the CDM position. The better player in there in the long run is Aaron Ramsey. He starts off slightly worse than Wilshere, but his stats improve mega quickly and he is perfect for that role, just keep playing him from the start. He is an absolute beast in the tackle, and great for breaking up opponents when they break up the park.

Hazard could be a good bet on the wing. I actually bought Pedro, and whilst he was ok, his stamina is disastrous. Never lasts more than 65 minutes.

You've got your full backs mixed up dude lol. Never ever sell Clichy, unless you get Bale from Spurs (which is pricey if you're Arsenal). On the other hand, find a replacement for Sagna asap, because he really is crap.

Up front, I'd sign Pato instead of Hulk. He's relatively cheap, he's amazing in the air or with the ball at his feet, and he is only 20. Scores so many goals it's unreal.

The formation I use is as follows

Almunia

Bale
Albiol
Veramaelen
Sagna (I didn't get a replacement yet lol)

Ramsey

Fabregas
Nasri

C. Ronaldo (saved up for him lol)
Pato
Van Persie

Before I had Ronaldo, I had van persie playing on that wing and Arshavin on the other
UserPostedImage