logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 11 June 2011 23:45:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Field Trip Festival 2011 - Day 1

UserPostedImage

Time Schedules
Saturday
Miss Vanity - 9:00 - 11:30pm
Infinite - 8:00 - 9:00pm
Matty - 7:00 - 8:00pm
Postscript - 6:00 - 7:00pm
Radio Vine - 5:30 - 6:00pm
Gears Of Bremen - 5:00 - 5:30pm
Bettie & The Star Chiefs - 4:30 - 5:00pm
Catharsis - 4:00 - 4:30pm
Storm - 3:30 - 4:00pm
Mandy Williams - 3:00 - 3:30pm
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2011 00:02:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

mandy runs on stage Mandy: hey guys are you ready to have some fun the audience start to cheer then here we go

the beat to i dont care starts to play

UserPostedImage

stop acting like your still theyre stop crying cause i dont care i dont
love you anymore you pushed me out the door you said you loved me and you lied
all those nights that i cryed now all my feelings for you have died and you want
me back but

UserPostedImage

mandy starts to dance a little then sings the next part

now i dont care if your all alone
now i dont care to pick up the phone
now i dont care to talk to you
now i dont care what your gonna do oh

Mandy: haha thanks guys your great you got some great performers later

UserPostedImage

mandy dances some more and sings the next part

you had my heart and you tore it apart im healing the wound
wont let you hurt me again but im not gonna cry no im not gonna cry
cause i dont care anymore dont want you there anymore so i dont care

UserPostedImage

mandy stops dancing for a little to sing the next part of the song

i dont care if your all alone
i dont care to pick up the phone
i dont care to talk to you
i dont care what your gonna do

UserPostedImage

mandy stops to sing the slow part

and now i have no more feelings for you dont care what your gonna do im moving
on standing up strong not even thinking of you

UserPostedImage

mandy sings the last part to the song

i dont care if your all alone
no i dont care to pick up the phone
hey i dont care to talk to you
no i dont care what your gonna do
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2011 00:30:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

STORM - FIELD TRIP FESTIVAL

The crowd is cheering and screaming. On the screen appears a short video of a storm, then, as "This Is My World" starts playing, the five girls of Storm are taken up on the stage being sitting on a sofa, which is on a platform.
Then as the long intro finishes, Jasmine sings the first verse.

"Oh, yes, I'm ready
Ready to fight
Every problem, obstacle I'll find
And no, you wouldn't like
To be on the other side
You're not gonna be
Against me
"

Then they sing straightaway the chorus, staying still on the sofa.

"La, la, la, la, la
This is my world
This is my life
And you'll get out (if you don't wanna fight)
If you don't wanna cry
This is my world
This is my life
I'm gonna stop you in time
"

UserPostedImage

Then, as the chorus finishes, the song goes through a short instrumental, where the girls get up and start doing a fast dance.
Then Jennifer sings her verse with Zoe.

"There is something
You can use against me
You feel too strong
But I'm gonna make you feel
Like a nobody
Like an empty body
"

So they sing the chorus again, dancing.

"La, la, la, la, la
This is my world
This is my life
If you don't wanna cry
This is my world
This is my life
"

They all keep dancing through another short instrumental and then Jasmine and Zoe sing the other verse.

"You feel too strong (and I am stronger)
You feel too strong (and I am stronger)
You feel too strong (and I am stronger)
You feel too strong and
I am stronger"

As Zoe screams on the last word "Stronger", they all dance faster and sing the last two choruses.

"La, la, la, la, la
This is my world
This is my life
If you don't wanna cry
This is my world
This is my life

La, la, la, la, la

This is my world
This is my life
If you don't wanna cry
This is my world
This is my life
"

The song finishes and they stop dancing, with the crowd cheering and screaming.

Then they all smile and Jasmine says: "Thank you. Thank you, everybody. This next song we're performing is called "She Was Stronger". It's for all the women here!". Lots of girls screams are heard and the song starts. Jasmine and Zoe sing the first verse.

"Forget those times
When the princess gets saved by her prince

When he becomes the hero and she can only cry"

UserPostedImage

While they sing, they do a slow, sexy dance for the Pop Rock song. Then they all sing the chorus in a fast way and doing a dance routine, in which they're all close to each other and move in a fast way.

"Listen up, you should know
She was only acting and she knows
She could do it, she had her strenght
She didn't want to dirty, dirty her hands
She was stronger

Listen up, you should know
She was stronger
"

Then they do their slow sexy dance again and Charlotte sings her parts, with a rockier voice.

"She had a brain
She had a mind, she had an heart
It was a plain
It was her smartest plain
"

Then they do the fast dance routine, singing chrous.

She was stronger

She was stronger
"

So, after an instrumental where the girls keep on dancing, Zoe sings the new verse in a funny and rocky way.

"Babe, babe, listen up, baby
Babe, babe, listen up, baby
C'mon, you should kow
You should know, you should know
"

So they sing the chorus again.

She was stronger

She was stronger

She was stronger
"

The song ends and Zoe and Charlotte finish the song with a long "Yeah".
So they all smile again at the crowd that's cheering. Zoe says: "You've been an amazing crowd! But now it's our last song".

"La Isla Bonita" starts playing and the girls do some sexy dances to the song, turning around and putting their hands up and down to the beat.

UserPostedImage

Then Jasmine and Charlotte sing the first verse.

"Last night I dreamt of San Pedro
Just like I'd never gone, I knew the song

A young girl with eyes like the desert
It all seems like yesterday, not far away
"

They all get close to each other and sing the chorus together.

"Tropical the island breeze
All of nature wild and free
This is where I long to be
La isla bonita
And when the samba played
The sun would set so high
Ring through my ears and sting my eyes
Your Spanish lullaby
"

While keeping on dancing, they sing the other verse.

"I fell in love with San Pedro (Jasmine & Zoe )
Warm wind carried on the sea, he called to me
Te dijo te amo
I prayed that the days would last
They went so fast
"

Then they sing the chorus again.

"Tropical the island breeze
La isla bonita
Your Spanish lullaby
"

And after the chorus, Zoe sings the new verses, while slowly dancing with the girls and singing with a loud voice.

"I want to be where the sun warms the sky
When it's time for siesta you can watch them go by
Beautiful faces, no cares in this world
Where a girl loves a boy, and a boy loves a girl
"

The song goes instrumental and they dance slowlier, as Jasmine sings her parts.

"

Then the song stops for a few seconds, with the girls getting still. The crowd cheers and screams, and the song plays again, with an even more faster beat, that makes the girls dance faster.

Tropical the island breeze
La isla bonita
Your Spanish lullaby

Tropical the island breeze
La isla bonita
Your Spanish lullaby
"

The song finishes and the girls are taken down the stage by the platforms, while waving and smiling at the crowd, that's screaming loud.

SETLIST:

- This Is My World
- She Was Stronger
- La Isla Bonita
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:00:59(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

The stage is empty. Catharsis’ equitment is ready, but they have not yet emerged. Suddenly, James and Andy appear to be entering, but it’s hard to tell because they have two roadies in front of them. James and Andy stop, and the roadies squat. The audience is confused; no one knows what’s going on. They then unzip their pants, and it looks like the roadies are…….uhhh…….yeah, it looks like they’re doing that. James zipps up again and steps up to the mike.

James-Ahhh, I love that gag. Always good for a scare. Don’t worry, I don’t swing like that…..
Ashley finally runs out.
Ashley-I’m, sorry, this wan’t my idea
James gawfaws into the mike
Ashley-So, does everyone still like us even though we lost?
They receive applause
James-Did we lose? Wasn’t the official story that we won?
Ashley-Awww, who cares anymore?
James-We’re going to start today by selling out. Both singles.

They play The Beginning of Things and Without You. Without You Sounds a bit naked without the strings, but Ashley’s vocals are good, and James is playing uncharecteristically clean guitar. Their second performance, The Begining of Things gets the crowd more upbeat. They go into an acoustic interlude. It goes on for some time. It is a surprising turn for them, and probably the most sensitive music they have yet done in their young careers. James plays guitar gently, but the whole thing de-evolves into one big acoustic riff.

Ashley-Now we’re going to do something a bit different. We’re going to play that one song in it’s entierety. Uhh, what did we call it.
James-“We” didn’t call it anything. The record company did.
Ashley-Okay.

They play the entire “Symphony Regarding the Bitch of Manchester” the trippy parts from the album are included are included, but are significantly less trippy in person. James plays an extended, fast, sloppy guitar solo. At one point the song becomes extremely heavy, and Catharsis are joined onstage by a “choir” providing screamo backing vocals. The song becomes slower and slightly bluesy in the finale, and they are this time joined by a gospel choir for backing vocals. The song runs well over 10 minutes.

Ashley-Okay, I think we’re done, thank you everyone.
James-But there’s one thing to do before we leave (he grabs all the microphones) Got any last words Andy?
Andy-I still haven’t zipped my pants
James-OKAY, oh Andy, you rascal, here we go guys. (he throws all the mikes into the audience, one by one.) Good luck finding those.
Ashley is humiliated. They leave stage to a large ovation.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2011 01:30:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

The star chiefs take the stage in a three stooges manner
.bettie bumps into Pavel who in turn bumps into Eddie and causes most of his drumset to fall over.while the drummer tries to piece things back together,bettie takes the mic.she audibly gasps when she looks out over the ultra mega throng of people who turned out.

" hi there, we're bettie and the star chiefs." She squeaks out.Elvis's slowly plucks a jazzy little bass line that builds in speed until the slaps become a constant cracking noise,then slows back down.Monica and Pavel come in with very spaghetti western sounding guitar work. " this is boot hill booty call! Its...uh, huge in the states....you just have to trust me on that." Bettie says with a wink. The band kicks into the very johnny Cash sounding tune.....if the man in black ever decided to sing about sex in a cemetery. The song winds down and the audience gives a warm applause.

Bettie addresses the crowd with " you like us,you really like us." Steeped in all the cliched dramatics such a cliched phrase deserves.she wipes a fake tear and checks if her mascarea is running.

"What say we swing into high?" Bettie says,while wiggling her hips as Eddie plays his cymbals.a small brass section walks on stage and the band starts playing a frenetic big band song." Yeah,man.that's what I'm talking about.this is i wanna be a mad scientist..
Here the band really hits it's stride.they are visibly comfortable on stage now.the horns are blowing,there's a theramin playing.the band finally sounds.....right. " i wanna be a mad scientist" really gets the crowd going. There is dust and grass flying every where.the poor farmer's once lush green field,clearly will never be lush,nor green ever again. After the song and applause die down, some one can be heard complaining about stepping in a cow pie.

Bettie wipes her forehead with a red hankerchief. " god damn.i thought England was supposed to be rainy and shit? Its hot as hell up here! Speaking of hell being hot..... i dreamt i died and i fell.a hundred miles straight down to hell." The crowd cheers when they recognize the opening line to hell ain't hot enough for me .a classic from the fathers of psychobilly,the meteors. The star chiefs do the song justice.the horn section adds a unique flair to an already ass kicking song.in response,the small pit grows to a semi respectable size.

Bettie walks aimlessly about the stage,shaking people's hands and what not " OK,we only got one more tune,then you can see catharsis and really be entertained.this is a little song we like to call velveteen vampire bunny from Venus. The song starts with the horns playing a dixieland sorta thing with the theramin echoing them.bettie singe about being pursued by the title creatures through an abandoned town.she sings with all the camp and over acting of a seasoned film star.the song is extremely fast paced and is almost a race between the music and vocal sections.the song ends abruptly and the band members take a bow. Before placing the mic back on it's stand bettie tells the crowd "i want to thank the orchestra of yucca flats for joining us.they are a permant star chief fixture now. And thanks a lot for coming out guys,it was a blast! We'll see you next year,hopfully." She grabs Elvis and they hop off the stage.

UserPostedImage
Bettie singing,elvis in background

UserPostedImage
Monica helping on vocals
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2011 02:01:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

GEARS OF BREMEN
AT THE FIELD TRIP FESTIVAL

UserPostedImage

---
The audience was really big. Bigger than the Chaos Awards show, that was for sure. The thing that annoyed Winston the most wasn’t the fact that the audience was this big, it was the fact that he was nervous. “You OK?” Renee called back to him, she was still tuning her bass.

“I’m fucking stellar.” He wasn’t.

“It’s like playing in Seattle, except these people won’t keep yelling ‘PLAY BLACK HOLE SUN!’ They’ll probably yell ‘Play Strawberry Fields Forever!’ Indeed, this was their second festival, first once out of the USA. Greg walked in behind Paul. “Where’ve you two been?” She asked quietly. They both shrugged.

“One Minute!”

“Where the fuck is Gary?” They all said in unison.

“Right here!” The man said, rushing into the room, his Jazzmaster around his neck. “I was putting together a little something for our show! It’s gonna be wonderful! You saw the setlist right Greg? You’re starting with the piano, not the keyboard.” Greg nodded.

“You’re on! Go GO GO!” The stagehand yelled as Renee picked up her bass, Gary carried his Jazzmaster and Winston picked up his Telecaster.

5:00 PM

At the strike of 5, the sea of fans look towards the stage as giggles and tiny footsteps can be heard. 14 children, all wearing gas masks and holding violins, sit down on chairs scattered around the stage. They begin to play slowly, as air raid sirens sound out from speakers. During the violin playing, slowly with both drumsticks in hand. The crowd breaks their silence and cheer upon seeing the first member of Bremen arrives. He begins to play, quickly and in tune with a familiar song for Bremen fans. They cheer once they recognize the drum pattern. On cue, both Renee and Greg run out, to the pleasure of the human sea. Greg sits down at a piano near the drumset as Paul stops and Greg begins to play his piano, creating a soft and serine melody. Renee looks over to Greg, then to the crowd before she quietly whispers the beginning lyrics:

The farther I’m away
The harder it is to remember
Remember the small things
The closer I’m to death
The harder it is to feel regret
For the larger things
But time is falling away
Into the abyss of love
Kid you’ll never survive

Upon ending the whispering verse, Paul begins a back beat pattern which the crowd claps in rhythm to. Renee begins a soft but fast bass riff that accompanies her singing:

I’m having lots of trouble looking past your broken exterior
I need a little help getting through this time
There’s nothing these two eyes can see
But if I could remember all the good times
Then this war couldn’t hurt me

The jumbotron behind Renee focuses directly on her face as she closes her eyes and continues to sing:

I’m having lots of trouble looking past your broken exterior
I need a little help getting through this time
There’s nothing these two eyes can see
But if I could remember all the good times
Then this war couldn’t hurt me

With that, Paul stops and Renee begins her solo riff as she walks across the stage and the sea stays quiet. They listen as she plays a slow riff that contains influences from Ska/Reggae tunes. After the first few chords, she stomps on the distortion pedal by her feet as she sways her guitar from side to side. With her minute up, Renee slowly retreats as she plays her final chords before the thunderous striking of an electric guitar can be heard.

The strong and intricate playing of Winston Marsh can be recognized just by the movement of his fingers, the sound coming out is loud and scratchy in contrast to the man who arrived on the stage beside him. Gary Finch’s own playing is more soft and melodic, with both battling it out as Winston stomps on his pedal continuously before they both stop and begin to play the same chords with Renee backing them up, Gary steps before the mic:

Yeah yeah nothing can stop me now
Nothing till infinite regret
And I’ve got this utter feeling of yesterday
This feeling that death is just a cog
A cog of fucking time making me hungry
And I listen out for the doorbell to matter
I’ve got no matter to speak of so why
Why do I fucking listen to you every morning
Is death going to be my refrainless finale?
Who am I hoping to be?
Someone without a care in the world maybe?
No, I’m hoping to be dead
Cuz in death I get that ultimate feeling of utter HONOR
And maybe then I’ll be able to finally look in your face and tell you
Tell you what I’ve been hoping to for a while
Tell you ‘I hate you from the bottom of my fucking heart’

The playing abruptly stops as the crowd screams and surges back and forth. The only sound left is the feedback from Renee’s bass. She strums and holds out the chords quietly as the feedback plays for a moment.

“Aye everybody! It’s fucking awesome to be out in here in Worthy tonight! Bettie and the Starchiefs eh? How about them? Plus fucking Miss Vanity tonight, hell how about the whole Saturday lineup people!?” The crowd cheers loudly as Gary reaches out into the sea of fans. “Jesus man, tomorrow’s lineup is going to blow in comparison. Well anyhow, here’s our next song for this set. It’s called ‘The Alaskan’ and it’s never been played before. It’s not on any album, it’s another live-exclusive. It goes a little something like...

THE ALASKAN
---

Gary and Winston each begin the same riff, a slow-burn complex riff that utilizes no pedals but rather the harmony of both guitars. Paul begins his light cymbal tap drumming. Renee strides over to the microphone and begins her vocals:

And I look through the nature triumphant
To find the world as it never was
So when the blind man asks if I want it
I could only reply with a subtle no

It was the Alaskan Complex
Nothing more to it
Babe it don’t matter even if you wanna do it
I’ve got nothing more to profess

Girl it was the Alaskan Complex
Nothing more to it
Kid it don’t matter even if you knew it
I’ve got nothing more to protect

Renee joins the riff as she backs aways from the microphone. This time Gary steps up to the microphone:

Don’t let the light go out
Is what I’d presume
She told you before she left us here on our own
Don’t matter no way cuz I’ve got nothing left to pursue

Girl it was the Alaskan Complex
Nothing more to it
Kid it don’t matter if you knew it
I’ve got nothing more to protect

---

THE FIRE I STARTED
---

The blistering heat of the day has proven to be a factor for Gears of Bremen but it doesn’t stop them from performing the last song of their set. Gary Finch, their leader slowly moves to the mic and begins to speak. “I know it’s hot as shit. Believe me, I’m up on the fucking stage with all lights on me, but we’ve had a groovy time no? So look here, this is a fan-favorite from the Chaos Awards!”

A slow drum beat begins with Greg’s keyboard making light effects that back up the back rhythm. Gary begins to strum slowly with Renee dealing out support. Winston, having set his guitar down, grips the mic stand as he begins to sing:

Dreams of days that haven’t past
Moments that I thought wouldn’t last
Shallow dreams of things that I don’t need
Memories of the dearly departed
Decade old advice I was told to heed
All were lost amongst the fire I started
Yeah, yeah

With the verse done, the whole bands stops and the sea of fans scream back in happiness as Winston throws the micstand back and dives into the crowd, with the microphone itself in hand. The crowd carries him around as a stagehand throws Renee a violin bow and she begins to strum for feedback.

“Thank you Field Trip Fest! We’ve had a fucking wonderful time playing for you guys! Here comes the loudest fucking artist since we hit the stage, RADIO VINE! We fucking love you Radio, and we love you Worthy! In a collective kind of way though! See you all next year!”
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 12 June 2011 03:00:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Pre-show

For Postscript, his set at Field Trip Festival was important for a number of reasons. The first being that it was the first time that he had ever been given a chance to perform at a festival, and that he was given an hour long set came as an additional shock added on top of this. The second, that it would be his first show since the release of his debut album ‘Welcome To The World’, which now meant that more people had heard from his music, giving him more pressure to reach up to the stands that were made via the editing and use of auto-tuning at certain points within the album. However, Postscript isn’t showing the signs of this at all, looking calm and collected whilst preparing himself along with his live band which for this show only also contains his friend, and new and upcoming acoustic pop guitarist Aaron Marks, and hip-hop percussionist Derek Baker. Along with a collection of others taking the roles of bassist, and keyboards/samples forming a steady set live band to perform.

Watching Radio Vine perform from the side of the stage, Postscript gains an insight into the sort of crowd that is at the festival. People just going crazy regardless of the genre or tempo of the song, creating an almost club like atmosphere, giving signs of normality of Postscript, who begins his final vocal warm ups and prepares himself for the hour of music that he hopes will impress both the crowd, and the artists and bands featuring throughout the festival over the two days.

Show

Before Postscript goes onto the stage, the members of the live band all walk onto the stage as it dims down and screams from the crowd are heard, chanting for Postscript to enter the stage. The band start the high electronic keyboard loop, which echoes across the crowd for roughly a minute, whilst smoke fills the stage. Gulping, Postscript runs onto the stage as the electronic loop builds up into a dubstep drop, and the stage lights flash on. “HELLO FIELD TRIP FESTIVAL!” Postscript shouts over the noise from the crowd, who have been going wild at the use of a dubstep sample to open the set. “ARE YOU READY FOR POSTSCRIPT?”, Chants from the crowd are head back (mostly being YES!), “OKAY, LETS GET THIS EVENING STARTED THEN, YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW THIS TRACK. IT’S CALLED WELCOME TO THE WORLD!”

The sound of the introduction stop suddenly as the simple electronic keyboard returns, increasing in speed until the crashing of symbols rings over the electronic beat, and Postscripts grime vocals can be heard along with the hip-hop drum beat that follows the crash of the symbols, a slight use of distorted guitar and the electronic grime based beat. This live version of the song differs from the studio version in that regular drum equipment has replaced the use of tribal based sounds that feature within the album. Midway through the song, the music changes to a electronica based sound, as Postscript jumps onto the railing spreading him from the crowd (causing a serge of people to come towards him), as he makes the crowd chant along with him “Welcome to the world, looking down its not so fun!”, the crowd do this as the song comes to a close and Postscript returns to the stage and briefly talks with the crowd.

“Wow. Hello you crazy fuckers! You sure do know how to make a man feel welcome! So basically, this next song that you NEED to go mad for is called Monster, make some fucking noise!”

Upon announcing that Monster would be the next song performed, screams from the crowd go extreme. The club like electronic beat along with the fast use of snare drum begin, with Postscript fist pumping the air, encouraging the members of the audience to do the same. As the majority of the crowd follow this, Postscript’s sung vocals start, along with more of a background bass electronic beat. During the chorus of the song the beats are mixed together, creating a live mash-up of the instruments behind the vocals from Postscript. As the use of bass guitar and the electric guitar from Aaron Marks comes into play Postscript invites the two musicians to come towards the front of the stage, and all three jump simultaneously in time with the music as the song finishes to the applause and cheers from the crowd .

“My special guest musician on guitar is a close friend of mine” explains Postscript, “He’s been getting pretty popular recently, so you might have heard of him. Give it up for Aaron Marks!” a roar from the crowd with cheers and clapping leaves Aaron blushing and waving in thanks back at the crowd.

“Anyway” continues Postscript “lets get this set moving. You all need to go as crazy as you can for this song, it’s called Shot Yourself!”

Upon announcing Shot Yourself, the synth sample of a violin starts, with the snare drum being use occurring significantly earlier than in the studio version. This introduction goes along until the Nintendo sound effect come in and the single snare drum turns into a slightly quicker hip-hop beat as Postscript raps. As the song progresses towards the dubstep drop, Postscript stands on the rail separating the crowd again and shouts “are you ready for this guys?”, and then as the drop occurs he jumps into the crowd, as they all start there attempts of dancing/moshing to the song.

UserPostedImage

The song then quickly progresses to the second song which uses similar samples, although also contains digital drums thus meaning that only samples are used throughout the song. Postscript makes his way back to the stage crowd surfing, and starts rapping along to the song holding the microphone out to the crowd at the end of each verse for them to chant the final line back to him. The song is brief and ends quickly as Postscript shouts over the cheers of the crowd “That last song was Breeze, next is a song is one of my personal favourites. Get hyped up for Magic Spells!”

The booming club based electronic beat immeditly gets the crowd moving and screaming as it is Postscripts main chart hit, before progressing into the faster and less bass originated beat. Postscript runs around the stage singing the vocals of the song, with the crowd singing it back almost as loud as he is. As the song reaches the end, the Harry Potter sample echoes across the crowd who all quote it back after it has finished at the request of Postscript who smirks at this, aware that the crowd are loving him and boosting his confidence significantly, as cheers from the crowd are heard, leaving him from his thoughts.

“So, I’ve got two more songs for you sexy people tonight. Both of them are more acoustic based, so if you’ve got a lighter or a phone wave them around or whatever and just get involved!”

Aaron Marks walks with his acoustic guitar and stands next to Postscript, playing the opening chord Lower With Clouds whilst Postscript sings in a low tone of voice to add to the effect of the soft guitar sounds which drift across the festival stage and into the crowds who are doing as requested by Postscript and waving some form of light around. During the progression of the song, Postscript requests for the crowd to sing the song instead of him, creating a chanting effect which creates a different tone for the song. As the chords become more upbeat Postscript and Aaron both start to move around the stage more, and the crowd join in with this movement as the outro of the song finishes and progresses immediately into Who Needs Sunshine.

The hip-hop drums start after a few seconds of the chord played by Aaron, as Postscript raps in a fast manner over in time with the drums. During the progress Aaron’s vocals are used and Postscript signals for the crowd to chant, giving an echoed effect, with Postscript then continuing to rap. As the song comes to a close Aaron begins singing his main part of the song in front of the whole crowd whilst Postscript briefly steps away, giving Aaron his shot at the lime-light, before coming in at the end and adding his own fairly average toned vocals before the song finishes.

Postscript quickly shouts over the cheers from the crowd “Thank you Aaron for providing the guitar and vocals tonight, and all of you guys for coming and seeing me, it means the world. Up next is one of my good friends MattY go fucking crazy for him. He deserves nothing less. Goodnight!” before leaving the stage to the applause from the crowd.

Setlist
Introduction Instrumental
Welcome To The World
Monster
Shot Yourself
Breeze
Magic Spells
Lower With Clouds
Who Needs Sunshine (Featuring Aaron Marks)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 12 June 2011 04:00:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

It is 18:55 on Saturday 11th of June. MattY is backstage, doing last minute preparations for his last performance and public appearance for the next few months. His tour was cancelled a long time ago; he was sick… He is sick.
Ever since he stopped taking the drugs, he has felt empty. He is cold, dark; lonely. MattY is tapped on the shoulder by his manager; “You better nail this MattY. We are all relying on you here. You need to show the world that you have recovered from that shit you got yourself in.”
MattY snaps back into life as he hears his manager talk; he shakes his head, “But I’m not better…” he looks into his managers eyes with a look that went straight through him. The manager stepped away, “Well you had better give it your all… There are thousands of people out there, waiting for you to give them their money’s worth.” He turns around and walks off; leaving MattY alone again.
He gets up and walks over to the side of the stage; he can see PostScript finishing his set up. MattY smiles; PostScript is one of the artists on his label, and it makes him feel better to know that people are starting to appreciate this young talent.
The music finishes, and PostScript walks off the stage; MattY grabs his hand and pulls him into a brief embrace. “You were good man, very good. How am I gonna do better than that?” he says with a grin. They talk briefly and then PostScript leaves.
It is time.
MattY is nervous about this performance; he doesn’t know if he will get through it or not. All he can do is try. He walks onto the stage, and waves to the audience. Screams fills the field; the worlds favourite young rapper has just stepped onto the main stage at Field Trip Festival. MattY’s gut wrenches, but he puts on a smile for the fans, giving a cheeky wink to a chubby girl on the front row. He takes in a deep breath and pulls the microphone close to his face. “Who is ready?” the audience cheers in response; but a tone can be heard in his voice – MattY doesn’t want to be here today; things are difficult at the moment. “I haven’t been well recently, and I just wanna thank every single one of you guys for sticking around and helping me out. Let’s Go.”

A chilling sound comes from the speakers; it is eerie and soft and twists its way through the mind of the listener. MattY lowers his head as he allows himself to get lost in the music. The icy voice of the disorder girl - Radio Vine now leaves the speakers. MattY’s eyes close and he can feel himself slowly moving forwards. Radio’s voice stops and MattY’s eyes flick back open and he starts his vocals.
This song seems only too real for MattY right now, ‘what would happen to Cherise and the baby if I fucked up’; ‘how would Cherise cope if I overdid it on the drugs’; ‘how will I cope…’. The thoughts rush through his mind, but MattY continues to rap – he does it subconsciously these days; just gets out there and spits his bars. Performing doesn’t come as such a buzz to him anymore; there are other things, which take far less time than performing which give him a far better buzz… But that was in the past… He has moved on.
MattY wakes up out of his rapping trance to hear Radio’s voice pumping from the speakers again. He realises that although he has been rapping continually, he has not yet moved from the spot by the mic. The fans must have realised that he isn’t really up to his best at the moment… Surely they would forgive him… After all he has been through this past few weeks as well.

The song finishes and MattY can hear the audience applauding and cheering. There are only a few that actually know the song; Growth has only been out for a matter of days now. He puts his hand into the air to signal thanks to the audience. “Okay, that was When I’m Gone featuring the wonderful Radio Vine who is one of the wonderful artists that we have over at Monk On Fire Music. She was on earlier today in fact; and wasn’t she incredible! Done us all proud!” MattY runs his hand through his hair quickly; “I have still got another six tracks for you all tonight;” to which a slight roar can be heard from the audience; “and the next one is Cold Dark Place.”
A high pitched piano instrumental can be heard from the speakers, as MattY approaches the front of the stage, he sits down and dangles his legs over the side. Some teenage girls on the front row are reaching out trying to reach him; he just smiles and then starts his rap as the drums kick in.
His flow is swift and uneasy, which helps to create an aura about him of sadness and darkness. He gets up about half way through the first verse and walks over to the left hand side of the stage. He moves his hand around in front of him as he raps the lines to the song; it may look stupid, but it helps him to keep in control – that and he actually cant help it, it just happens really.
The verse comes to a close and the piano introduction can be heard again over the rest of the music; MattY slips out of his jacket and ditches it at the front of the stage. He is starting to look more comfortable now, and moving more freely around the stage.
MattY waves his hands in the air and the audience follows him; “JUMP EVERYBODY!” he shouts, and the audience quickly joins in.
The audience are getting more and more involved in the song and when it comes to a close they cheer and shout for more. MattY smiles; he is starting to remember why he likes performing now…

The next few songs seem to shoot by; Hell’s Halo, The Moment, Freedom of Speech and Out of Control all get good reactions from the audience, but MattY still cant help but feel like he hasn’t done enough for them. He feels like he has failed them. ‘No Matthew. Stop it. You have done fine.’ A voice inside his head says to him. ‘Shut up. This has been a shit gig. They will never want to see another gig from me again. I need…’ another voice says to him. ‘NO! YOU DO NOT NEED IT!’
MattY realises that the music has stopped and he is stood their silently looking out to the audience. “Okay, we have done the whole show now – except one.” The introduction to Close to Tears starts to play; “Recognise it?” A massive response is heard and seen from the audience, they are going crazy.
The chorus is sang by the audience, Alicia Lena’s vocals blast from the speakers, but the audience sings it louder. MattY gets off the front of the stage and stands between the front of the stage and the front of the crowd, with several big black bouncers guarding him from many of his fans. He raps the first verse of the song; and as he gets towards the chorus, the music gradually fades into that of Taking Over. Cherise’s vocals boom from the speakers, but yet again the crowd sings them louder. MattY then goes on to rap the second verse of Taking Over, the verse progresses and then the song ends with a bang.
MattY climbs onto the stage and looks to the side. He can see Eric Quillington ready to come on. He smiles, feeling relaxed properly for the first time in the whole of his show. “Okay everybody – I do have a final little treat; I know I said that was my last track, but we do still have like just over 5 minutes before Infinite are supposed to come on. So, me and a good friend of mine decided that we would just do a little something for you all, on my last show. Can you guys please welcome out ERIC QUILLINGTON!!!!!

Eric walks slowly onto the stage; he brings with him a guitar and an aura of power and of respect. The audience gives a cheer that was louder than at any other point in the show. MattY smiles, he is a little disheartened, but he knows that Eric is a world renowned superstar – it’s kind of expected. He steps up to the microphone, which seems to have just appeared, next to MattY’s. He shouts a quick greeting to the audience and then starts to play the opening guitar riff for Shoot to Kill.
The song flows quickly and the audience sings along to it, Eric’s voice is almost drowned out by the fans. MattY raps with the pace and skill that he usually does; but next to Eric, he feels inferior. The sudden rush of emotion, standing next to Eric quickly becomes apparent in his rapping, and he starts to fall of the pace a little. Eric’s chorus comes back around again, but the music played below it is the music to Lazarus. He quickly switches songs, and MattY prepares himself mentally for his final verse for a few months.
The song finishes with a loud bang and a crash and MattY and Eric stand on the front of the stage with their hands in the air. They wave to the audience and walk off the stage after MattY picks up his jacket from the front.

Set-list:
1. When I’m Gone
2. Cold Dark Place
3. Hell’s Halo
4. The Moment
5. Freedom of Speech
6. Out of Control
7. Close to Tears/Taking Over
8. Shoot to Kill/Lazarus (ft. Eric Quillington)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 12 June 2011 05:00:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Infinite; Live at Field Trip Festival

Classical music is heard over the PA, signifying the imminent arrival of a certain alternative-rock trio. As they step onstage, it’s easy to see that each member of Infinite has their own unique style. Matt Roberts, dressed in a plain black shirt and pants, has a casual air around him, despite currently being viewed by thousands. Greg Oldson has an indie appearance, with his green pants and slightly long blonde hair. Having been seen a brief time ago, it’s startling to see the shift in Eric Quillington. Whereas his performance with MattY was with a clear-minded focus, he now seemed slightly disheveled, with a loopy grin plastered on his face.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, it is your lord and master; Eric Quillington. The Quixotic, the Chosen One, the last son of Krypton,” he says in a drunken slur. It was unclear what exactly was going on inside the enigmatic frontman at this moment, as he stood before the 150,000 in attendance. He had always enjoyed being in Infinite, and tried his hardest to put on a good show. In his teenage years, Quillington had been one of the wild rockers, a man known to perform naked and high on mere impulse. He had since matured, but perhaps the impulse-free side to him still lay dormant, and this was one of the occasions it had been set free. Nobody knew what the frontman’s drunken behavior would mean for the upcoming show.

All the audience knew was this; tonight, he wouldn’t resist the urge to fuck up Infinite’s performance.

Grinning like a Jackal (snippet)/Synthesia

Stepping up to the microphone, Eric decides against introducing the band with words. Instead he sings, a cappella, a line from a new Infinite song;

“Just turn on the bright lights, and no one’s going to say you’re all alone tonight”

After Greg counts his two band-mates in, the first real song of the evening begins. As it is unfinished, the song is very sketchy in structure. A catchy guitar riff, something Infinite have always strayed away from, drives the song. During the two-line choruses, Eric’s voice is distorted to make it seem as though it’s coming through a phonograph; very distant, and with a crackling, difficult-to-make-out, quality.

“Dear sir, please spare a penny for the blind
Take me through the spectrum, as the sounds turn to color
As you can see, my dreams of being a performance freak have failed
Does that still make me special?

And for a minute, the moth thought he was the flame
The muse mistook herself as the masterpiece

Good afternoon, it’s nice to talk to someone for an hour
All my plans for the future were abandoned when I rewrote the past
As you can see, there’s nothing that’s been troubling me
Does that still make me a tortured artist?

And for a minute, I lost myself in the beauty
Unfortunately, I ran out of words to rhyme”

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

“I’ve lost the plot,” Eric said, his speaking voice barely recognizable due to the slurs and stutters, “But, whatever, it’s all cool. Here’s, um, our next song. It’s the B-Side to our latest single, called Finding Negative Beauty in Spaces. No, Negative Findings in Beautiful Spaces. FUCK IT, I DON’T KNOW. Enjoy.”

Despite making an ass out of himself while doing anything but playing music, Eric still plays the opening strums to the next song with competence. It’s a simple melody of chords, one that can be accomplished without much technical ability or focus. This is a huge blessing for the guitarist, as he currently lacks the latter. Regaining some confidence in his performance, he attempts to return to the more flamboyant stage antics he is typically capable of while sober. Obviously, disastrous results follow; an attempt at a mid-air spin, something completely out-of-place with the slower-paced feel of the song, ends with Eric landing on his back. After struggling to get up while still playing his guitar, in a scene straight out of Spinal Tap, he finally makes it over to sing the first verse.

Eric’s voice, much like earlier, still possesses much more clarity while in singing form. The Quixotic has always seemed more graceful and confident while performing music, so this isn’t too much of a surprise. An undertone of seduction is evident in his singing, taking influence from various love songs, reinforcing the intended message of this song; a twisted mocking of ‘Love Ballads’.

“You can’t make pretty pictures, you can’t make pretty poems
It doesn’t matter, because you simply view the world differently
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder
It’s only a matter of time before the loneliness evaporates
After all, you’ll never be alone”

Tinkling notes on the piano begin to be played by Greg Oldson, a musician who seems to be distancing himself from the position of drumming. As there is no percussion, it is left to Eric’s acoustic strumming to carry the rhythm. The song has gone to hell in the instrumental interlude between the verses; there is no actual beat, making each instrument seem out of time.

In a move that is becoming a defining characteristic of Infinite, Eric’s voice has been electronically distorted for the second verse, giving the singing a very inhuman quality. The sarcastically tender tones of earlier have melted away to become more fitting to the lyrics; a frightening recreation of insanity’s embrace.

“You can’t find inspiration, you can’t find a shred of success
It really doesn’t matter, because you simply view the world differently
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder
If you’re scared of the silence, we’ll be there with comforting words
After all, you’ll never be alone

This is your statement; everything has it’s time
This is our statement; everything has it’s place”

Sleepyhead (Passion Pit cover)

“So, I, um… think this is our final song,” the drunken frontman said, “I mean, we would’ve played longer, but I just… can’t recite the alphabet right now. Wait, maybe I can. Let me try. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I-“

His rant was cut off by a rapid drum-snare by the increasingly annoyed Greg Oldson, prompting Eric to shut up. Resisting the urge to moon his drummer in front of the mass audience, he unstrapped his guitar, rather than his belt. Stepping down in front of the piano nested at the side of the stage, Eric began playing the opening melody to a stripped-down version of Passion Pit’s Sleepyhead. As the original song was too complex to perform without the little preparation they’d been given, not to mention Quillington’s current state of mind, a simpler arrangement was preferred.

Singing in an almost comical falsetto, Eric delivers one of the most bizarre vocal performances of his career. Drunk enough to have no self-awareness, he changes several words around to fit his drunken sense of humor, to the laughter and cheers of those in attendance;

"And you said, it was like fire around the brim
Burning solid, burning thin, the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes
You were my bitch at the end of this bed
I dragged you back to give me head
Some good head

They couldn’t think of something to say the day you burst
With all their lions and all their might, and all their thirst
They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin
Against the walls, against your rules, against your skin
My dick stretches down through the floor and out through the door
Of your eyes, begonia skies, like a sleepyhead
Sleepyhead"

Stepping away from the piano, Eric takes several bows, nearly falling over with each one. Taking matters into his own hands, Greg leaps from his drumset and grabs Quillington before he can embarrass himself any further. Dragging his band-mate by his shirt, he motions for Matt Roberts to follow him. The aggravated mood from the drummer hasn’t been brought-over to the audience. Most who saw the performance were thoroughly entertained by Quillington’s behavior, and were sure to remember this unique live show for a long time to come. Plus, a new Infinite song was always regarded as a good thing by the band's fans.

Still, Infinite wasn’t the sole attraction; the main headliner of the evening was to perform next. A palpable sense of excitement is in the air as the audience gleefully chants out her name;

“Miss Vanity! Miss Vanity! Miss Vanity!”
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 12 June 2011 06:01:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Miss Vanity stared at herself in her dressing room mirror, she looked pale and lifeless as she stared hard for a minute, her vision blurred as she concentrated; a million questions running through her head, but no emotion. Normally before a show, she'd feel a mix of adrenaline and nerves kick in which gave her that drive to perform to her best ability. Now, she felt nothing.

A countdown appeared on a huge screen on stage as the crowd cheered wildly, waiting for Vanity's arrival. She heard their screams as she stood on an elevator which was about to lift her up to the stage; and yet still she felt empty. "Good luck" he said, "don't let me down", she gave an empty smile and from there, it was showtime, the lights flashed on and Vanity was lifted up to a smoke-filled stage. Hit single "Lilith" began and she walked forward, she looked out to the thousands of people in the crowd, but she didn't feel a drive to entertain, the ease of putting on an energetic show was suddenly the hardest thing in the world to her. She continued walking to the edge of the stage, her vocals weak, and at times even out of tune. She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them again, she missed a few lines from the song and had now forgotten where to start from; she looked down, and then back at her dancers, who carried on with their routine, helping to put on the show that fans were hoping to see. She put her hands on her head and walked to the back of the stage.

She left the stage for a brief moment and then came back on soon after, her live band began "Nightmares", she looked down and moved her head to the beat as she managed to remember the starting point of the song. Her dancers stood next to her as she attempted to dance with them, but she was always a step behind and looked unrehearsed, strangely enough, Vanity had originally put hours into this performance, but at this point, it was looking like this was her first time attempting the routine. "Kill Me Slowly" was no different for her, the dancing once again appeared embarrasing, some of her dancers even looked at her in disbelief, the audience looked majorly disappointed, Vanity's vocals weren't much better than her half-hearted attempt at her dance moves. She fell to her knees for the end of the song and the stage lights blacked out; fans began to worry about Vanity's current state as she seemed nervous, unconfident and bored.

Luckily for her, the next few songs were mainly based around stage gimmicks which didn't rely on her dancing as much. Two masked men grabbed Vanity and wrapped chains around her wrists; the other end of the chains attached to the back of the stage. She stood at a microphone stand and began "Cold Blooded Lover", her voice cracked often on the higher notes, leading her to completely miss them out later in the song as she stood awkwardly at the microphone, her arms slumped down beside her with the chains still wrapped around them. The chains were later removed and she was dragged over to a large, metallic chair and locked in for "Mind Control", smoke and sparks came out of the track to give off the impression she was being electrocuted, but Vanity sat there looking bored. She sang the first half of the song live, but gave up on singing the rest as the crowd booed. The lights shut off for a quick costume change and she left the stage.

A classic piano appeared at the back of the stage as soft white lights beamed down onto it; Vanity walked over slowly and sat down, seen in a long, black dress. She began playing "Little Miss Controversy" instantly without a word spoken to the crowd. She messed up soon after and paused, she looked out to the crowd, and looked back down at her trembling hands on the piano keys. She took a deep breath and began once again, at times, the song was unrecognisable from her mistakes, but she carried on, playing the whole song on piano without any vocals, unlike originally planned. She rose to her feet for "Beat Me Down" and to the crowds surprise, began singing as she walked through the fog on the stage and stopped mid-way, to only turn back and sit once again at the piano. She ended it quickly and went onto play "I Am Human" once again without any vocal assistance, the song stands as one of her least successful singles in her career; leaving many crowd members to have no idea on what she was playing on the piano. She stopped not even half-way through the song, as if she was rushing her way through everything, and then she hurriedly walked off stage.

Back on stage, she was now seen in simple red PVC lingerie for next track "Fresh Meat", the opening chords from an electric guitar player began and she let out a loud, harsh scream and then started the first verse of the metal-remix of the track. She ran her fingers through the guitar players hair as her out-of-breath, whispered vocals were completely overshadowed by her band, her vocals could barely be heard. She threw her microphone into the crowd and kissed the guitar player on the lips before walking off stage, leaving her band no other choice but to finish the rest of the track up alone. Thirty minutes passed and she was finally seen back on stage for "Devil in Disguise", Vanity seen sitting on a large hoop, hanging above the stage, her vocals were shaky as if she was scared to be so high up. She closed her eyes through most of the performance and looked up, away from the crowd. She was eventually lowered down and she walked off of the stage without any sign of interaction with fans, her dancers waved to the crowd and they walked off behind her.

Fans looked at the stage confused, wondering if she was going to add to what seemed to be a shockingly short set list for a headlining act. Over twenty minutes passed, some had left and others still had hope that Miss Vanity was going to take to the stage once again, many praying that the performer they had known her for would somehow resurrect for the final part of the show; but time passed and nothing happened. A staff member from the festival eventually announced over speaker that the set was over, disappointed fans booed as they left. Was this the final nail in the coffin for Miss Vanity?

Set list
1. Lilith
2. Nightmares
3. Kill Me Slowly
4. Cold Blooded Lover
5. Mind Control
6. Little Miss Controversy (Piano Version)
7. Beat Me Down
8. I Am Human
9. Fresh Meat (Metal Remix)
10. Devil in Disguise

Edited by user 12 June 2011 06:02:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified