logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<344345346347348>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#6901 Posted : 30 December 2011 11:32:16(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
Lost is either a work of utter genius, or completely & utterly stupid. Having watched up to S5E01, I'm not sure where I fall. I hated the flashes forward in season 4, as I think having hope for the characters would have been better. But all the stuff about the Oceanic 6 left me with at least a strong sense that all would not be well.

Man, I loved the flashforwards, but I think you're approaching them wrong. They're not the end by any stretch, the point is that the story continues beyond getting off the island, and that maybe they would realise there really was nothing waiting for them back there.

Which I think is ludicrous. Because the island & it's various inhabitants has not really been all that generous to them, has it? Y'know, the deaths, the smoke monster, the others, it's all slightly worse than what has been left for the 6.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#6902 Posted : 30 December 2011 11:52:21(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
I was recently reading Cracked.com and they were kinda right, it seems like AMC is doing their best to make us hate all the character, the biggest improvement from the comic though is Daryl. Daryl's a total badass to the point where even the comic is going to have him but yeah:

Comic > TV Show

They need to go ahead and make a Fables TV Show too.

Plus, it's hard to watch The Walking Dead crawl now with Breaking Bad getting so fucking exciting.

Daryl is without doubt the best character in the show. Although what you are saying is correct. All characters have major flaws, which is suppose makes it more realistic.. but makes it harder for us as viewers to like them.

I almost pissed my pants when i thought Daryl had been bitten!

Daryl with Crossbow made my day, but I knew Daryl wasn't going to get bitten. The beginning Second Season arc was slow but from what I know of Kirkman who has his hand in the series, the build-up is necessary so that the final bang can be one that we will talk about for days.

Also Daryl should have a spinoff where he just stomps stuff. Just sayin'
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#6903 Posted : 30 December 2011 13:14:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Lost is either a work of utter genius, or completely & utterly stupid. Having watched up to S5E01, I'm not sure where I fall. I hated the flashes forward in season 4, as I think having hope for the characters would have been better. But all the stuff about the Oceanic 6 left me with at least a strong sense that all would not be well.

Man, I loved the flashforwards, but I think you're approaching them wrong. They're not the end by any stretch, the point is that the story continues beyond getting off the island, and that maybe they would realise there really was nothing waiting for them back there.

Which I think is ludicrous. Because the island & it's various inhabitants has not really been all that generous to them, has it? Y'know, the deaths, the smoke monster, the others, it's all slightly worse than what has been left for the 6.

Well yeah, but it's like soldiers who come back from a war where they saw their friends die, and faced impossible hardships, but they come home and they find being home after having lived through that is almost harder than being at war was. That and the whole destiny thing.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6904 Posted : 30 December 2011 23:04:38(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I was recently reading Cracked.com and they were kinda right, it seems like AMC is doing their best to make us hate all the character, the biggest improvement from the comic though is Daryl. Daryl's a total badass to the point where even the comic is going to have him but yeah:

Comic > TV Show

They need to go ahead and make a Fables TV Show too.

Plus, it's hard to watch The Walking Dead crawl now with Breaking Bad getting so fucking exciting.

Daryl is without doubt the best character in the show. Although what you are saying is correct. All characters have major flaws, which is suppose makes it more realistic.. but makes it harder for us as viewers to like them.

I almost pissed my pants when i thought Daryl had been bitten!

Daryl with Crossbow made my day, but I knew Daryl wasn't going to get bitten. The beginning Second Season arc was slow but from what I know of Kirkman who has his hand in the series, the build-up is necessary so that the final bang can be one that we will talk about for days.

Also Daryl should have a spinoff where he just stomps stuff. Just sayin'

Oh most definitely. Also, we never quite find out if Meryl is dead or living. After seeing his hand, its left at that.. whether he was eaten or cut it off himself. Would be interesting to see him back. I was thinking at the time, "they kill Daryl, they kill the Walking Dead". He's become an influential and popular character which i bet they never expected. I can't wait for it to continue, especially now Shane has gone all Duke Nukem on their asses.
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#6905 Posted : 31 December 2011 00:19:39(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
IMO:
Meryl = Governor

and the Governor will make the entire show worth a season and a half.

Also I fucking hate Shane. Rick agreed with him in the finale but he's at his breaking point. They HAVE to be leaving the prison after the break, and in the comics, that's around the point right before he breaks and becomes insane.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Synxhard  
#6906 Posted : 01 January 2012 17:31:40(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
For the first time in the last five years or so, I'll be spending New Years sober and with my family. I don't think most people truly appreciate just how much this rules.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6907 Posted : 01 January 2012 23:29:53(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

I feel like i was hit by a bus. Got home at half 5, the only reason im up is to watch the football. Hmm.
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6908 Posted : 01 January 2012 23:30:49(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Haha nice. I was in bed at half 3 and got a phone call, and ended up being up til after 5...shattered now.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6909 Posted : 01 January 2012 23:32:36(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Hahaha, that is crazy! Id have fallen asleep. I would have been home earlier had my friend not fallen and split his head, which then led to me following him to A&E.
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6910 Posted : 01 January 2012 23:33:40(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

To be fair, what is NYE without a cracking injury to boot. Just kidding, hope your mate's alright
UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#6911 Posted : 01 January 2012 23:33:50(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I spent new year in my room playing Skyrim, wishing I was in Berlin. But hey ho, that's the way it goes.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6912 Posted : 02 January 2012 00:32:26(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
To be fair, what is NYE without a cracking injury to boot. Just kidding, hope your mate's alright

Haha, their must of been about 100 police vehicles and ambulances about town last night, no joke! Im so dead though. I ended up having my countdown kiss with a girl from my school.. which is going to be super duper awkward when i have to go back!
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6913 Posted : 02 January 2012 00:35:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Haha man, awkwardness owns lol.

Anyone got any resolutions this year?

I'm starting with - Getting back to playing various sports I've neglected, getting out more, spending waaaaaay less time online, and more nights out with my buddies (I may be the first person ever to resolve to drink MORE alcohol for new year. Also two private ones as well :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6914 Posted : 02 January 2012 00:41:43(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Indeeed.

Hm, im not sure actually. I think i have a few, but they're pretty shallow so im not going to tell anyone :P I would say, probably cut down on alcohol intake. Study more. I will probably never stick to them, however!
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6915 Posted : 02 January 2012 00:47:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

My biggest one in fact has to be to not end this year single. Sounds a bit like something outwith of one's control...but I've spent the last few years going with the wrong kinds of girls on all sorts of short things and flings (although I had an awful dry streak for the second half of 2011). So This year I need to find, maybe not "the right girl", but someone who I can at least be with for a while lol. [/mushy crap] Actually, finding the right person may be the better idea, at the end of this year I'll be 25...and it's all downhill from there haha.
UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#6916 Posted : 02 January 2012 00:58:22(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I spent new year in my room playing Skyrim, wishing I was in Berlin. But hey ho, that's the way it goes.

I spent it in my room playing Crusader Kings. A nearly 8 year old game. A horrendous strategy mess from the makers of strategy games that you love the most, Paradox Interactive. CK2 is out this month I think, & that makes me excited. The whole concept of a taking a dynasty through 400 years is great. I've been playing as the Duchy of Brandenburg.

I haven't touched Skyrim since the 1st December apparently, because I'm waiting for them to fix it so I can carry on with the Thieves Guild. I mean I COULD go & do any number of things in the game, like the main quest, Dark Brotherhood, Companions, think I've only done 2 or 3 Daedric quests & loads of assorted nonsense. But the fact that an Argonian asshole has vanished has really peed me off.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6917 Posted : 02 January 2012 01:07:18(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
My biggest one in fact has to be to not end this year single. Sounds a bit like something outwith of one's control...but I've spent the last few years going with the wrong kinds of girls on all sorts of short things and flings (although I had an awful dry streak for the second half of 2011). So This year I need to find, maybe not "the right girl", but someone who I can at least be with for a while lol. [/mushy crap] Actually, finding the right person may be the better idea, at the end of this year I'll be 25...and it's all downhill from there haha.

Haha still, early days yet. Its when your 35, thats when you gotta worry :P The right one will come along though.

Im the opposite, I had my long term girlfriend (which ended in the summer), now I just wanna take it easy. Especially if im going away next year, I don't want any long distance things going. Although, what happens, happens. I can't control the future.
retired x
Offline Synxhard  
#6918 Posted : 02 January 2012 01:23:35(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'm in the forever alone boat as well dude. It's actually probably been 3 years now since I've really been in a relationship with anyone, thinking I'll probably just commit to being a hermit after my son leaves the house one day
Offline Mckenzie-  
#6919 Posted : 02 January 2012 05:40:17(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Pretty damn nervous about tomorrow.

1st day of a weeks work experience with the BBC. Scary.
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#6920 Posted : 02 January 2012 05:46:13(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Synxhard Go to Quoted Post
I'm in the forever alone boat as well dude. It's actually probably been 3 years now since I've really been in a relationship with anyone, thinking I'll probably just commit to being a hermit after my son leaves the house one day

Haha yeah man. I've ended the last three years single. That's not to say I've not had girlfriends in between, they've just all been completely garbage and had to go. Still got a first date on Thursday, so might put my resolution to work then haha.

Pretty damn nervous about tomorrow.

1st day of a weeks work experience with the BBC. Scary.

Best of luck man. That is an awesome coup for the experience and your CV. I'm sure it'll be amazing as well.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 02/01/2012(UTC)