logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<351352353354355>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#7041 Posted : 18 May 2012 02:39:26(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post

ok star wars is offically dead to me now.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline forkboy  
#7042 Posted : 18 May 2012 03:27:16(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Kinect Star Wars just sounds like the worst thing in games since ET
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7043 Posted : 18 May 2012 10:00:12(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Now that Skyrim memes are out, memes in general are peaking.

UserPostedImage

Also, Almost Politically Correct Redneck:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#7044 Posted : 18 May 2012 20:52:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Now that Skyrim memes are out, memes in general are peaking.

UserPostedImage

Also, Almost Politically Correct Redneck:

UserPostedImage

Has there ever been a meme that was funny?

THAT VIDEO.divxvidmov BLEUEUGEHGUEHGUEGHEUGEGHGUEHG

Fucking hate memes.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#7045 Posted : 18 May 2012 21:39:32(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post

Fucking hate memes.

https://www.facebook.com...the-Liar/141002649325214

The memes that this Maiq puts up are hilarious sometimes.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7046 Posted : 18 May 2012 22:47:00(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

If you don't like 60s Spider-Man, I'm pretty sure our senses of humor will reflect our senses of musical taste, as in not compatible at all. That said memes have always been funny, in that they are the same as a running gag just on a larger scale (it could also be thought of as an inside joke). So yeah, memes have always been funny.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#7047 Posted : 18 May 2012 22:53:44(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post

Fucking hate memes.

https://www.facebook.com...the-Liar/141002649325214

The memes that this Maiq puts up are hilarious sometimes.

Maybe they are, but I guess I will never know.
Offline forkboy  
#7048 Posted : 18 May 2012 23:13:16(UTC)
forkboy

Offline Gildermershina  
#7049 Posted : 19 May 2012 00:09:29(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

So, a fair old while ago I made my own meme.

randum lulzFUCKOFF

See, funk eggs? It's funny because NOBODY KNOWS WHAT A FUNK EGG IS LOL

No? Okay then.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7050 Posted : 19 May 2012 05:58:38(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Totally guy. Totally.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#7051 Posted : 19 May 2012 06:12:55(UTC)
forkboy

Can I just say that if you only look at 2 of these make it the bottom 1 & the one 4th from bottom.. Still make me laugh
Offline Aj  
#7052 Posted : 21 May 2012 05:31:14(UTC)
Aj

Man

So sick of this world man, everything people do just seems so mediocre. Abuse so many pleasures that it just becomes quite sick really. Revision just seems so fucking pointless sit here wasting hours of my life that I won't ever get back so that I can pass some exams that will allow me to do more pointless revision wasting hours of my life so that I can go to Uni and do some more exams wasting hours of my life and then get a job where I can waste hours of my life performing meaningless, mundane tasks for people I won't even like until I eventually end up dead either physically or mentally and everyone will forget I even existed? Give me a tent, a rifle and the Alaskan wilderness any day and I'd live out the rest of my days there.
thanks 1 user thanked Aj for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 21/05/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#7053 Posted : 21 May 2012 05:47:22(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
So sick of this world man, everything people do just seems so mediocre. Abuse so many pleasures that it just becomes quite sick really. Revision just seems so fucking pointless sit here wasting hours of my life that I won't ever get back so that I can pass some exams that will allow me to do more pointless revision wasting hours of my life so that I can go to Uni and do some more exams wasting hours of my life and then get a job where I can waste hours of my life performing meaningless, mundane tasks for people I won't even like until I eventually end up dead either physically or mentally and everyone will forget I even existed? Give me a tent, a rifle and the Alaskan wilderness any day and I'd live out the rest of my days there.

This. I feel the exact same way. Been stuck in revising for the past 2 weeks and im already at the point where I just want to give up and just throw the books out. My exams are 12th and 14th of June. Need BBB to get to my first choice University, which I won't achieve unless I study. It sucks. It seems like our lives are controlled by money. We are brainwashed into thinking that the only way we'll achieve our dreams is to study hard and get a degree in University. That's not now the case. There are many unemployed or working in a field outside of their degree in the current economic climate. People have bummed on about how hard it is to get a job or experience but the way I see it is that they are not putting in enough effort or work to get one. I took the initiative last December and went job hunting, first hand. Didn't wait for adverts to appear, I contacted the companies and sure some told me to more or less piss off, but eventually I landed one. Same in January, I set out looking for experience for Journalism. I contacted a few companies through email telling me that it would cost me to intern for a few weeks. I thought fuck that and set off the my local BBC Radio building. I went in and asked them to their face about work experience to wish they granted me 1 week.

You can do anything with your life if you have the will. Sometimes the hard work through studying is necessary, but don't let it control you. Stupid or not, a Chris McCandless quote has stayed with me ever since I heard it; "I think careers are just a 20th century invention". Possibly. Not to the extreme were you won't need an income to get by, you will need some sort unless you come from a well-off background. But don't let a job or someone else decide what is right for you. If you want to go to the wild; do it.
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7054 Posted : 21 May 2012 05:48:37(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

So wait, you're revising for a test and that's make you see how bad the world is?

I cannot follow you at all on this. I mean you're talking about this is setting you up for a meaningless life, but the way I see it, your life is only as meaningless as you set it up to be.

Edited by user 21 May 2012 07:32:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Rincewind  
#7055 Posted : 21 May 2012 06:55:45(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
So wait, you're revising for a test and that's make you see how bad the world is?

I cannot follow you at all on this. I mean you're talking about this is setting you up for a meaningless life, but the way I see it, your life isn't only as meaningless as you set it up to be.

this

your life is only what you make of it. And your currently studying for A levels, so its a bit young to be disenchanted or if you are, find that alternative and follow it, instead of moaning...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#7056 Posted : 21 May 2012 08:34:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post

I cannot follow you at all on this. I mean you're talking about this is setting you up for a meaningless life, but the way I see it, your life isn't only as meaningless as you set it up to be.

this

your life is only what you make of it. And your currently studying for A levels, so its a bit young to be disenchanted or if you are, find that alternative and follow it, instead of moaning...

Ahh I guess you're right just so frustrating sometimes when I look at people I know and there lives and how they've turned out just feel a bit like it's all not really worth it. Not that I'm a depressive or anything I literally just mean working and things like that.

Also I don't mean to bring it up without need because I know a lot of people on here were seriously upset over it, but I only just found out about Bikz. Actually surprised about how hard it hit me even though I only knew her through MSN conversation and on here but just been lying here trying to get to sleep and it's all I can think about. Didn't always see eye to eye but we did write some fucking brilliant role play together, such a waste of talent. Such a waste of a good person. But then I suppose she lived for as long as she did and she seemed pretty happy, and in spite of things which I wouldn't wish on anyone she always managed to be a nice, caring person for other people. Just wanted to put it to rest for me, like I said I'm sorry if I've upset anyone but I wasn't around when it happened and I just felt I needed to write something down on here to get a bit of closure. Rest in peace Bikz.
Offline forkboy  
#7057 Posted : 22 May 2012 01:07:26(UTC)
forkboy

At the end of the day, in life you only get out of it what you put in. There is no great "meaning", & so we as individuals need to find something to give it meaning. I don't mean to sound like a hedonist because I'm far from it, but the meaning of life is simple in my eyes, the struggle to find happiness. Life is real short & can get pretty nasty. So think about what you enjoy & go for it. Find a line of work that will make you not hate the world every night when you get home, so depending on what motivates you maybe it's one that's got high risk & high rewards, that gets your adrenaline going, be it on the financial markets or rock climbing. Or if it's helping people you get a kick from, do that. Don't tread on people on your way to happiness, but that's really about the only rule I think.

Honestly, it's pretty normal to go through the whole existentialist crisis in the teenage years, even in your 20s. You wonder what it's all about. Fucks the point, right? What do you want it to be?
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7058 Posted : 22 May 2012 05:36:30(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Never before has someone written my thoughts as exactly as that.

Life is to find happiness.

If you're encroaching on someone else's happiness, then you're doing it wrong.

If someone else is ruining your happiness (as in any one person) chances are you can ignore them.

IMO, it's all really that simple. Why do I RP on this site? Because it gives me pleasure in some way shape or form. Why am I typing this response? Because in the long run I know it'll end in a tad of happiness. Why do I aspire to go to college? Because I want to become a Journalist. Why do I want to become a Journalist? Because it'll make me happy in the long-run.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#7059 Posted : 22 May 2012 06:37:44(UTC)
forkboy

My advice only sounds so coherent because it's basically "learn from my mistakes" style advice where I have repeatedly fucked up opportunities in my life for varying reasons that can basically be reduced to "I'm exceedingly lazy, past the point of parody". And while there may or may not be reasons for that laziness, it's still laziness at the end of the day.

End of the day, do as I say, not as I've done because well...I can absolutely assure you that you don't want to be me. I sure as fuck don't. The only thing I have to grasp on to is the idea that it's never too late to change so long as you want to. I just need to find that motivation for change. You'd think it would be easy, but being miserable to point of suicide attempts isn't really it. So goodness only knows.
Offline forkboy  
#7060 Posted : 22 May 2012 07:16:21(UTC)
forkboy

Anyway, to get less serious for a mo. Today's been a lovely day. Fired off some job apps in the morning, spent the afternoon out in the sun, wandering about & then sitting down on a bench by the beach reading A Feast For Crows for a good hour which was lovely, sun coming down on my back. Oh I love that, it's just so comfortable, a nice warm back. And then this evening, I contemplated going back out but instead have spent (some may quite sensibly say wasted) the night reading about the World of Darkness RPG games. You know, the tabletop, roll dice ones from White Wolf.

I've always been really into the idea of playing something like this, or D&D but have never known a group of people with a similar interest. I mean Gildy had the Vampire: The Masquerade core book when we were teenagers & I remember an afternoon spent at our grans creating character sheets, but never with any realistic expectation to play it. Which is a shame. But I have no idea where you are meant to meet people who do this sort of thing. This annoys me. So I've been reading a couple of forums discussion, the stuff sounds potential interesting, & there's the possibility of IRC games. And in this more modern era, Skype. So I'm pondering pondering pondering. I'd like some sort of creative outlet, even if it is the goofiest shit ever.