logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<368369370371372>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#7381 Posted : 04 November 2012 20:31:23(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I will do that, I have about one week at the moment but I'll keep at it in the name of Movember then I'll have an excuse.

On a downer, I think I've broken my feet by attempting to scale an 7 foot fence whilst heavily intoxicated last night. Probably ruined my chances with a ridiculously hot girl by only seeing her when I was drunk, covered in Subway and mud. Oh, and picked up the girls remote control for her TV instead of my mobile phone. Literally could have filmed my night and used it as a reason not to drink alcohol.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#7382 Posted : 05 November 2012 01:57:06(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Too funny lol!
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7383 Posted : 05 November 2012 03:17:29(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Ow!Ow!Ow!Pow!Pow!

Been going through the Discography of Animal Collective starting with Feels, working my way to Centipede Hz, then going all the way back to Spirit! to Sung Tongs.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#7384 Posted : 06 November 2012 08:26:48(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Was in Leeds at the weekend. Had an Indian with friends. It was quite nice but I must say, their idea of a korma rather differed from my own, aren't korma's meant to be both mild & creamy? Because while the one I had wasn't exactly a vindaloo but definitely had more fire than usual, & lacked in coconut. I was a little disappointed, I was fine with the spice levels as they were but do love some coconut in my curry.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7385 Posted : 06 November 2012 13:14:58(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

3 albums later, Banshee Beat is still my favorite song.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline erich hess  
#7386 Posted : 06 November 2012 13:57:02(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18010 time(s) in 10472 post(s)
that picture is fucking disturbing.i love it,mr audio.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline genocidal king  
#7387 Posted : 06 November 2012 18:35:41(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
Was in Leeds at the weekend. Had an Indian with friends. It was quite nice but I must say, their idea of a korma rather differed from my own, aren't korma's meant to be both mild & creamy? Because while the one I had wasn't exactly a vindaloo but definitely had more fire than usual, & lacked in coconut. I was a little disappointed, I was fine with the spice levels as they were but do love some coconut in my curry.

You should see what passes as pakora down here as well. I ordered some after a night out once and I was appalled. Where were you in Leeds, incidentally? Anywhere good?
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7388 Posted : 06 November 2012 22:52:07(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
that picture is fucking disturbing.i love it,mr audio.

Haha, a guy I know started posting this all over the place and I found it hilarious.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
erich hess on 06/11/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7389 Posted : 06 November 2012 23:21:09(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

too funny.that's the gang i want to join. it's practically crawling with pussy!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 07/11/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#7390 Posted : 06 November 2012 23:40:26(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post

You should see what passes as pakora down here as well. I ordered some after a night out once and I was appalled. Where were you in Leeds, incidentally? Anywhere good?

It was a spot near the bus station. Agrah or something like that. It was fine, perhaps a wee bit over-priced.

And I was down for the Damnation Festival at Leeds Uni Union on Saturday. Great time of loud metal music. Blacklisters were awesome, as were Aura Noir & Electric Wizard
Offline genocidal king  
#7391 Posted : 06 November 2012 23:45:33(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

It was a spot near the bus station. Agrah or something like that. It was fine, perhaps a wee bit over-priced.

And I was down for the Damnation Festival at Leeds Uni Union on Saturday. Great time of loud metal music. Blacklisters were awesome, as were Aura Noir & Electric Wizard

Ah yeah, just near the BBC? That's just along the road from where I live. Never been in though. Love the uni for a gig as well. I assume it was in the second room rather than the big one. Sound in the second room at the uni is great.
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7392 Posted : 07 November 2012 01:08:33(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

It be voting day boys and girls so go out and vote for somebody or else you can't complain.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline genocidal king  
#7393 Posted : 07 November 2012 01:13:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

If the US votes Romney, I might pretend it doesn't exist.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#7394 Posted : 07 November 2012 01:31:15(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
I was reading an article online earlier and it was saying that basically every other person from an external country doesn't like Romney. I admit, I didn't get too into the US election this year but I read the summary of each debate etc, and my vote still stuck with Obama. Although another article from Wall Street also said that they fully expect Mitt to win the election battle more comfortably than people think.
retired x
Offline genocidal king  
#7395 Posted : 07 November 2012 01:43:14(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

It's always hard to tell from the outside. No matter how extensively our media covers it, garnering the actual sentiment from within the US is notoriously hard for the press to do. For example, no one expected Bush to get a second term in 2004, but it happened. I remember the actual shock around at the time.

For that reason, it's always too hard for us outside to predict. I think it's mainly because we, in the UK, live in a relatively small nation whereby most cultures are the same, save for the extremes at each end, and most people see the same TV shows, read the same small number of newspapers, and can be far more accurately polled because there are small numbers of people in a small place. In the US, there are wildly varying cultures up and down a vast nation with a massive population, whereby media covers things differently in different states etc etc. For this reason, being able to draw any conclusions out of our own media, which is for the most part situated on the east coast of America for US matters, is almost impossible. We look at New York and Washington almost exclusively for what is happening over there, and that is far from being representative of the nation as a whole. That's why when it comes to an election, we tend not to know where voters' opinions lie in probably 45+ states. Thus, shocks happen.
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7396 Posted : 07 November 2012 01:44:46(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

I find it exciting, really exciting.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#7397 Posted : 07 November 2012 02:45:41(UTC)
forkboy

Ah yeah, just near the BBC? That's just along the road from where I live. Never been in though. Love the uni for a gig as well. I assume it was in the second room rather than the big one. Sound in the second room at the uni is great.

There were bands on 3 different rooms, the main room had Electric Wizard headlining (we also ended up having breakfast in there the next morning after loading equipment out to the van, as I got a lift from & back to Glasgow with the organisers. The tomatoes were fucking horrendous. Just eugh.), Pig Destroyer were in the second room, & then Amenra were on in the Mine. Plus plenty other bands. Think Gav said there was about 3,000 people there, including folk who got guestlisted like press, staff, bands etc.
Offline genocidal king  
#7398 Posted : 07 November 2012 02:57:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

That's pretty decent. I saw Slam Dunk and Ghostfest there this summer, it really is a great place to hold smaller festivals like that for alternative music. Was the main room the big long rectangle one or the one downstairs with like the three tiers and the stairs at both sides?
UserPostedImage
Offline Gildermershina  
#7399 Posted : 07 November 2012 03:24:10(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
I was reading an article online earlier and it was saying that basically every other person from an external country doesn't like Romney. I admit, I didn't get too into the US election this year but I read the summary of each debate etc, and my vote still stuck with Obama. Although another article from Wall Street also said that they fully expect Mitt to win the election battle more comfortably than people think.

What's weird about America, to me, is that in this day and age, many of the bullshit long-discredited things that Romney and the Republicans say in public are somehow accepted as plausible and even desirable to the US public. From an outside perspective the reaction is like "what the fuck is going on with these people?"

I think America is remarkably conservative in some weird ways that the rest of the English-speaking world finds very hard to identify with.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Gildermershina for this useful post.
erich hess on 07/11/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7400 Posted : 07 November 2012 03:47:18(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Rape babies are gifts from god.

Reason 333,009,765 why nobody should vote republican.

Seriously, it just seems to be getting crazier. surprisingly people en masse aren't calling them out for being bonkers.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage