logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<372373374375376>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mckenzie-  
#7461 Posted : 22 November 2012 04:11:39(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Both whiskey and rum are good. The difference being I can't drink rum raw. Saying that, imm pretty picky about which whiskey's i can drink raw. Both go down a treat with a pinch of coke.

Note; I am aware that I am "killing" the whiskey by mixing it with coke.
retired x
Offline Rincewind  
#7462 Posted : 22 November 2012 05:04:51(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
all about whiskey and rum...
infact i have just bought a bottle of ginger wine and a bottle of jamesons whiskey... fekking love drinking whiskey mac's
and yes im aware that jamesons is an Irish blend and not a utterly beutiful Scottish single malt.... but why would i ruin a perfect bottle of Oban or lagavulin?

also rum wise it has to be sailor jerry's for me..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline erich hess  
#7463 Posted : 22 November 2012 10:20:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18010 time(s) in 10472 post(s)
i'm drinking a blend....i was too cheap to spring for the good stuff.i know,i'm shamed. rum i cannot do straight,it just seems more at home in something. though i do agree,sailor jerry is pretty damn good.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7464 Posted : 22 November 2012 11:45:09(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I like The Kraken, but I love Black Seal. I like the darker rums. Kraken is a bit rough on its own, but Black Seal is great solo, which is kind of how I drink it now since apparently in Canada you can't get ginger beer because everyone drinks ginger ale which is TOTALLY SHIT.

Blended whiskys are fine. I know there are purists out there, but like everything else people have strong taste-based opinions about (except me when I say ginger ale is a waste of good ginger because that's obviously entirely factual) they're just being snobbish.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#7465 Posted : 22 November 2012 12:00:07(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Well, I can totally understand why someone doesn't like Laphroaig, despite me really liking it. It has a ridiculously smoky taste which is not for everybody. I just really like the whole deal with whisky. The smell of it, the taste, and then that lovely warm feeling you get as it goes down your throat. Well, the latter only applies to the first one you have so I try not to have more than 2 drams at a time.
Offline erich hess  
#7466 Posted : 22 November 2012 12:26:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18010 time(s) in 10472 post(s)
the only liquor i'm snobby about is absinthe. i was spoiled by edouard. nothing else comes close.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Rincewind  
#7467 Posted : 22 November 2012 18:50:00(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i have some fantastic lack of memories of nights spent on Absinthe when i was younger
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7468 Posted : 24 November 2012 08:47:08(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Saw Lincoln and it was as good as could be.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Aj  
#7469 Posted : 02 December 2012 03:15:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
So basically I've been trying to sing a bit here and there and I think i've got a decent voice, but I want to make sure I don't hurt my voice because somethings I can get a bit of a soreness in my throat after extended periods? I need to ensure I'm singing from my diaphragm i know this, but how can I tell if im doing that or not ?!
Offline forkboy  
#7470 Posted : 02 December 2012 03:53:53(UTC)
forkboy

So who deleted the libertarianism thread?
Offline asdf  
#7471 Posted : 02 December 2012 09:23:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
So basically I've been trying to sing a bit here and there and I think i've got a decent voice, but I want to make sure I don't hurt my voice because somethings I can get a bit of a soreness in my throat after extended periods? I need to ensure I'm singing from my diaphragm i know this, but how can I tell if im doing that or not ?!

Drink lots of water, avoid soda and alcohol. Also, don't eat much before singing for long periods of time. But if it gets too sore, it could be that you're not letting your voice out to it's full extent, or that you're trying to hard and blowing it out a bit. I'm still finding my comfort zone, and I've been singing (loudly and often) for around 2 years or so.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 02/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Gildermershina  
#7472 Posted : 02 December 2012 12:27:00(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
So who deleted the libertarianism thread?

I don't know, one day I was telling Christian conservatives to fuck themselves in the ass with a hot poker, and the next day it's just gone?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#7473 Posted : 02 December 2012 13:03:24(UTC)
forkboy

Poor modding by whoever did it anyhoo. Deleting a whole thread? C'mon. Lock it, post a warning in the thread, send a PM'd warning, don't just delete it.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#7474 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:05:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

Drink lots of water, avoid soda and alcohol. Also, don't eat much before singing for long periods of time. But if it gets too sore, it could be that you're not letting your voice out to it's full extent, or that you're trying to hard and blowing it out a bit. I'm still finding my comfort zone, and I've been singing (loudly and often) for around 2 years or so.

It also depends on taste. For example, some people rather sound a little hoarse, because that's their niche as a vocalist. So it varies, but all those are very good generic examples of how to maintain "healthy" vocals.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#7475 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:10:12(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Poor modding by whoever did it anyhoo. Deleting a whole thread? C'mon. Lock it, post a warning in the thread, send a PM'd warning, don't just delete it.

Probably deleted by that psychotic mod.... pffft.
Offline asdf  
#7476 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:20:20(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post

Probably deleted by that psychotic mod.... pffft.

Heh. Wrong.

(Automatically assuming I'm the psycotic mod... Whistle )

#7477 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:20:27(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Love days when you come home from work, and you take a good shower, watch movies, browse web and relax before a day off!!! AHHHHHH!

Offline asdf  
#7478 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:22:31(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

It also depends on taste. For example, some people rather sound a little hoarse, because that's their niche as a vocalist. So it varies, but all those are very good generic examples of how to maintain "healthy" vocals.

Of course. But if your voice isn't made to do that, and you're still trying to force it...you're going to mess it up pretty badly. Taste, ability, and what your niche is aren't always the same.

But yes, I love generic. Just like all of the food and cleaning products I buy. lol

#7479 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:25:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Of course. But if your voice isn't made to do that, and you're still trying to force it...you're going to mess it up pretty badly. Taste, ability, and what your niche is aren't always the same.

But yes, I love generic. Just like all of the food and cleaning products I buy. lol

Just messing with ya! Cody, I'm always trying to get you back by being clever lol cause you do that to me all the time, like you just did now :P

But unlike someone, I actually think you're a pretty cool Mod, and don't look at things in an obtuse manner. Dancing
Offline asdf  
#7480 Posted : 02 December 2012 15:29:12(UTC)
asdf

Man

Just messing with ya! Cody, I'm always trying to get you back by being clever lol cause you do that to me all the time, like you just did now :P

But unlike someone, I actually think you're a pretty cool Mod, and don't look at things in an obtuse manner. Dancing

Yea, and I'm always quick to fall for it. ;)

But no, I don't blame Walton if indeed he was looking at me. It's something I would do if I was still 12. I've got that reputation. But I assure you all, I'm not a tyrant. Only a humble, honest, totally awesome politician. Like the rest of them.