logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#21 Posted : 27 July 2009 08:01:48(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Yeahhh I noticed that ;P Hahah

:D Ahaaa, I thought it was quite clever actually ;)

The amount of people I see with that shirt though is enough to make me want to kill things...

Oddly enough most of the time, they're chavs.

Ahaaa, I take it you have a dislikeing for chavs?
Offline iamlewismason  
#22 Posted : 27 July 2009 08:12:57(UTC)
iamlewismason

Man

Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:

The amount of people I see with that shirt though is enough to make me want to kill things...

On the contrary, I know and like many chavs. Though the number who are wankers in my town outweighs the good... :|

Generally the whole gay thing doesn't do any good if you try and befriend any, either way, hahahh.
blonde.bombshell!

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Since when is Lewis a gangsta?

Are you kidding?

Lewis has been robbing motherfuckers since the slave ships with the same clip and the same .45, two point black a motherfucker's sure to die...

I thought gay people were supposed to be nice lol.

[Elliot: Tehehehe Lewis are James Blunt.] Coincidence? Lewis Mason - 1973

Lewis Mason is not a made up character. He is a god like entity.

UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#23 Posted : 27 July 2009 08:24:49(UTC)
Aj

Man

iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:

On the contrary, I know and like many chavs. Though the number who are wankers in my town outweighs the good... :|

Generally the whole gay thing doesn't do any good if you try and befriend any, either way, hahahh.

Ahaaa, well, there must be some gay chav's i suppose.
Offline iamlewismason  
#24 Posted : 27 July 2009 08:29:39(UTC)
iamlewismason

Man

Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:

There are, just the majority are really fucking creepy :S Or just overly camp to the max...

It's a shame, some chavs I know are some of the most attractive people I know, hahah.
blonde.bombshell!

Since when is Lewis a gangsta?

Are you kidding?

Lewis has been robbing motherfuckers since the slave ships with the same clip and the same .45, two point black a motherfucker's sure to die...

I thought gay people were supposed to be nice lol.

[Elliot: Tehehehe Lewis are James Blunt.] Coincidence? Lewis Mason - 1973

Lewis Mason is not a made up character. He is a god like entity.

UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#25 Posted : 27 July 2009 08:40:48(UTC)
Aj

Man

iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:
Aj wrote:
iamlewismason wrote:

There are, just the majority are really fucking creepy :S Or just overly camp to the max...

It's a shame, some chavs I know are some of the most attractive people I know, hahah.

Ahaa, talking of overly camp I'm watching Alan Carr :L Shamefully..
Offline Thorgrim  
#26 Posted : 27 July 2009 20:40:28(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

Been there once when I was visiting relatives in Florida. It was horrible. I've never seen so much emo hipsters, wimpy goth kids and weirdos in one place.
Offline Gildermershina  
#27 Posted : 28 July 2009 00:51:26(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Here in Glasgow we have Isis and Osiris, two sister shops several doors down from one another, and they sell that whole faux-goth skater rock-chic look. Often see herds of teenage goths in the area, and I always take an earphone out as I go past to hear them going on about how everyone else is a sheep and can't think for themselves... Fucking hilarious.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline cam  
#28 Posted : 28 July 2009 01:38:40(UTC)
cam

Gildermershina wrote:
Here in Glasgow we have Isis and Osiris, two sister shops several doors down from one another, and they sell that whole faux-goth skater rock-chic look. Often see herds of teenage goths in the area, and I always take an earphone out as I go past to hear them going on about how everyone else is a sheep and can't think for themselves... Fucking hilarious.

I do adore the irony of "look at us, we're all so different." But man, they are fucking teenagers, so you can't look at it too harshly, teenagers want to identify themselves in some way or another, and lets be honest, aren't really all that knowledgeable about what originality is. Be they neds or goths, it's just about fitting in with your pals, and obviously to a certain degree, a superiority kick, especially with goths.

Hell, you should try listening to some older goths whinging about the young'uns, it's far fucking worse, just sad.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#29 Posted : 28 July 2009 03:46:44(UTC)
Aj

Man

cam wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

I do adore the irony of "look at us, we're all so different." But man, they are fucking teenagers, so you can't look at it too harshly, teenagers want to identify themselves in some way or another, and lets be honest, aren't really all that knowledgeable about what originality is. Be they neds or goths, it's just about fitting in with your pals, and obviously to a certain degree, a superiority kick, especially with goths.

Hell, you should try listening to some older goths whinging about the young'uns, it's far fucking worse, just sad.

Yano, we're not all bad.
Offline cam  
#30 Posted : 28 July 2009 04:29:13(UTC)
cam

Well no, obviously not, I'm generalising. I mean I'd say Paul's always be an individual for better or for worse, often the latter. But fuck it, whatever makes you feel comfortable is all that you need. Be yourself. If that's dressing up all in black and in makeup and hanging around on High Streets, fuck man, go for it, be happy.

I dunno, I was just remembering my own time as a teenager, which I have to say that I'd never like to go through again. Was dumb, arrogant, thought I knew it all, absolutely no sense of the future, and I was one of the smarter ones! It's pretty lousy time man, it's all confusion, and at that age you are still trying to find yourself, and are trying to impress people and all that. It's not a bad thing at all, it's massively important influence on what sort of person you turn into in later life. But you do kinda endure shit in a way you might not really enjoy to hang around with people you think are your friends or whatever. I mean I only started to make any sort of sense of myself in my last year at school, after turning 17.

So I'm trying not to sound grossly patronising to teens, really, I'm trying to empathise as much as anything because I sure as fuck wouldn't want to go back through that all again. Being one big ball of hormones, not so much fun.

UserPostedImage
Offline Thorgrim  
#31 Posted : 28 July 2009 06:56:13(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

Blah, I had a blast when I was 15/16/17. I got to spend the little money I had on records and beer, I was mates with everyone, had time enough to play crappy videogames (ah yes, the many hours I've wasted on Counter Strike and Day Of Defeat, haha), I barely had to do anything for school and I went out every Saturday night. Good times, good times.
Offline Gildermershina  
#32 Posted : 28 July 2009 06:59:58(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

The problem for me being ginger and a geek was that I wasn't really going to fit in anywhere. Sure, I was in a subset like all the rest, I wore my Slipknot hoodie with pride till they banned hoodies. But even amongst those people I was a weirdo, too shy and reserved more than anything else. So I learned early, just to get out of the way, and the moment I did I started to identify with the teachers and see myself as apart from most of my classmates, a class all of my own. And thus the long journey into bitter solitude and arrogance began.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is, I thought once I left school, that everyone would be like that, or at least some of them. Turns out at University it was the same old crap, people not growing up at all.

But to bring it back to fashion, I don't indulge in fashion, my taste in clothing is comfort over appearance, hence why I look and dress so decidedly unimpressive. I get my clothes from TK Max, and Matalan, and independent music labels.
Offline tension101  
#33 Posted : 28 July 2009 07:52:35(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The thing is, I'm not trying to be a skater, faux-goth, punk when I shop at hot topic. The Whole, "Gothic/Emo/Punk," genre has been died out to the point where it has become irrelevent. I don't wear Slipknot and Cannible Corpse shirts to be "Metal/Brutahl," I waer them because... I LIKE the bands. I Don't wear skinny jeans to be, "Emo/Indie," I wear them because... THEY'RE COMFORTABLE. I dyed my hair black not to be, "Goth/Punk," I did it because I HATED my old hairstyle. And I don't shop at Hot Topic to be a punky-ass 16-year-old who thinks he's so different from the world and thinks that it's cool to wear all black and put on eyeliner. I LIKE IT. And I'm not gonna stop doing it!

And I bet that I just conttridicted myself in the midst of this point.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline Gildermershina  
#34 Posted : 28 July 2009 07:54:38(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

tension101 wrote:
The thing is, I'm not trying to be a skater, faux-goth, punk when I shop at hot topic. The Whole, "Gothic/Emo/Punk," genre has been died out to the point where it has become irrelevent. I don't wear Slipknot and Cannible Corpse shirts to be "Metal/Brutahl," I waer them because... I LIKE the bands. I Don't wear skinny jeans to be, "Emo/Indie," I wear them because... THEY'RE COMFORTABLE. I dyed my hair black not to be, "Goth/Punk," I did it because I HATED my old hairstyle. And I don't shop at Hot Topic to be a punky-ass 16-year-old who thinks he's so different from the world and thinks that it's cool to wear all black and put on eyeliner. I LIKE IT. And I'm not gonna stop doing it!

And I bet that I just conttridicted myself in the midst of this point.

What you seemed to say was you chose to do all these generic stereotypical things because you wanted to. Which is fair enough.
Offline Aj  
#35 Posted : 28 July 2009 07:55:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

cam wrote:
Well no, obviously not, I'm generalising. I mean I'd say Paul's always be an individual for better or for worse, often the latter. But fuck it, whatever makes you feel comfortable is all that you need. Be yourself. If that's dressing up all in black and in makeup and hanging around on High Streets, fuck man, go for it, be happy.

I dunno, I was just remembering my own time as a teenager, which I have to say that I'd never like to go through again. Was dumb, arrogant, thought I knew it all, absolutely no sense of the future, and I was one of the smarter ones! It's pretty lousy time man, it's all confusion, and at that age you are still trying to find yourself, and are trying to impress people and all that. It's not a bad thing at all, it's massively important influence on what sort of person you turn into in later life. But you do kinda endure shit in a way you might not really enjoy to hang around with people you think are your friends or whatever. I mean I only started to make any sort of sense of myself in my last year at school, after turning 17.

So I'm trying not to sound grossly patronising to teens, really, I'm trying to empathise as much as anything because I sure as fuck wouldn't want to go back through that all again. Being one big ball of hormones, not so much fun.

Wow. I felt the emotion in that. Yes, i felt emotion in something coming from YOU ;)

But naa, your right. Still, I'm quite old for my age, like I'm already surrounded by drugs, sex and gangs (well, not gangs but groups who go round starting trouble). Although I'm making it sound like New York, I know a boy (year above) who does coke lines, and obviously theres plenty of sexual exploration going on, but the gang things the worst. A mate of mine got thrown to the ground and kicked in the stomach by one of them, because he was what they called a 'goon'. It's stupid. But I spose i'm highlighting the bad points, i'm generally safe its not like a warzone, but im still pretty shocked at how in year 6 before i left for secoundry school, and a year later i was already awar of this, the next year i had my occasional 'dipping of my toe' into it but now i've just been thrown in the deepend.

I hate growing up :(
Offline Gildermershina  
#36 Posted : 28 July 2009 07:58:29(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Aj wrote:

On that front don't worry. Once you get out of high school, things do get better. You won't hate growing up, you'll just be bored by it.
Offline cam  
#37 Posted : 28 July 2009 08:00:23(UTC)
cam

I'm full of emotion really.

OK, so most of it is based around contempt, anger & so forth UserPostedImage but I'm perfectly capable of all manner of self-pity too, don't get this bitter without a wee bit of self-loathing!

UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#38 Posted : 28 July 2009 08:01:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
I simply don't shop there because its annoying and I just don't find the clothes 'hot' anymore. Maybe because I'm getting older.
Offline Aj  
#39 Posted : 28 July 2009 08:06:56(UTC)
Aj

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
Aj wrote:

On that front don't worry. Once you get out of high school, things do get better. You won't hate growing up, you'll just be bored by it.

Ahaa, well, at times its fun, but then you realise I've got GCSE's soon and its all really serious now.
Offline cam  
#40 Posted : 28 July 2009 08:17:45(UTC)
cam

Aj wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Aj wrote:

Ahaa, well, at times its fun, but then you realise I've got GCSE's soon and its all really serious now.

LOL.

I was talking to a friend who is 21 on Wednesday, just essentially not worry. Fuck it, growing up is just an illusion really, horribly slow happening, barely noticeable. Really, the idea that either leaving school, reaching a certain age or any of the suddenly makes you mature is just not true.

It's kind of odd to realise for the very first time but yeah, it's really comforting for me, something to stop worrying about.

UserPostedImage