logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2012 05:24:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
JENNIFER|ARMSTRONG

UserPostedImage

Birth Name: Jennifer Scarlett Wellington (née Armstrong)
Born: July 18, 1991
Genres: Pop Rock, R&B, Pop, Dance-Pop
Occupations: Singer-songwriter, musician, dancer, actress
Instruments: Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Drums
Years Active: 2009 - present
Label: Studio60 Records
Associated Acts: Max Armstrong, 4th Street Band, Jaymz Snow, Isabel, Andrea Khan, Jacob Estrada, Weekend
Height: 5'6"
Resides: East Rutherford, New Jersey (Family Home), Los Angeles, California (Home)
Net Worth: $5 Million

BIOGRAPHY
Jennifer Scarlett Armstrong (born July 18, 1991) is an American female musician. Her first taste of fame was in 2009 when she starred in a string of music videos for her brother’s Alternative Rock band, The Junction. She also starred in two music video’s for Alicia Lena in 2010.
In October 2010 her brother, musician, Max Armstrong was involved in a tragic car accident and lost his life after spending the following months with her family in New Jersey she decided to move to Los Angeles, California to focus on getting a record deal.
She had plans for a music career and is an accomplished pianist and guitarist as well as being a singer-songwriter. At the end of January 2011 she signed a two album record deal with Shooting Star Records and began working on her debut album in February 2011, releasing her debut single at the end of February. She was later dropped from Shooting Star Records after her suicidal attempt and break from her music career. After a long six month break from music, Jennifer is now breaking back out into the music scene once again. At the moment she is working on her sophomore album, 23, and has released the first single from the album, My Heart Is Not For Taking, on February 25, 2012.

EARLY LIFE
Jennifer Armstrong was born in Hudson, County, New Jersey to Susan and David Armstrong. Her mother, was an English teacher and her father was a builder. She has one younger twin brother, Lucas Armstrong, one older sister, Katie Armstrong and her older brother, Max Armstrong who was 23 years old when he died in October 2010.

Jennifer always had an interest in music, her brother Max was the first to own a guitar and he taught her the basics. She always had an interest in pop music but seemed to prefer the harder edge to it which developed into a love of pop rock. At 12 she decided to take up piano lessons and quickly fell in love with the instrument, spending hours playing classical pieces from the likes of Bach and Brahms. She then began writing her own music and accompanying that with lyrics, she wrote her first complete song at the age of 14, a song which she still has the original lyrics sheet to.

She would often sneak into Max’s bedroom when he was away from home and borrow his rock records but when she was caught with the records she wasn’t expecting Max’s reaction to be so good, “He was delighted because I was Listening to his Springsteen records and his Dylan records and I guess he preferred that more than like a Spice Girls record or a Britney Spears record. He took me over to this youth center place in New York one weekend and he wrote down the chords for the whole Born To Run album and told me to play each song on the piano. It was such an incredible moment, We were there playing songs like Thunder Road and Jungleland together, I was playing the piano and he was playing guitar and it was magical, that is hands down my favorite memory of Max.”

Unlike her siblings, Jennifer stayed in education beyond the age of 16. She studied at Hudson County College, New Jersey. She achieved a Master Of Arts degree over the two year period. After finishing college she initially planned to move to Los Angeles, California but after the death of Max she opted to stay with her family in New Jersey.

MUSIC CAREER
In early 2011 she decided to finally move to Los Angeles, California to focus on her music career. She turned down an acting role in a daytime soap in January 2011 claiming that she wanted to focus on music before she turns her hand to other projects. On January 28, 2011 she signed a two album record deal with Shooting Star Records! and she confirmed that she would be performing four "hype" shows in February 2011. It was confirmed on this official website in February 2011 that she would be working on a track with Jaymz Snow.
In February 2011 she began working on the songs that were likely to be part of her debut album in a recording studio in Los Angeles. Her debut single Queen Bee was released on February 26, 2011. She announced the tracklisting, album cover and album title on February 25, 2011. The album was called Scarlett Fever but was delayed due to her having to recover from a possible suicide attempt.

ACTING CAREER
She has appeared in a number of music videos for The Junction and as well as staring in two Alicia Lena music videos. Her first appearance was in The Junctions 2nd music video, People On The Streets. She then starred in a trilogy of music videos, What’s Going Wrong With The World We Live In, One More Night and Teenage Heartland.

She starred in two of Alicia Lena’s music videos including More Than You’ll Ever Know and New Developments. She starred in her debut single's music video Queen Bee.

PERSONAL LIFE
She was always very close with her brother Max. Her older sister Katie claims, “Max saw a lot of his younger self in Jennifer. She was always more interested in music and other artistic endeavors and Max spotted that and encouraged that in her. He really taught Jennifer a lot about music, he even took her on the road sometimes because she was always interested to see what goes into making a live show work. She was always Max‘s favorite and he was very protective of her, he always looked out for her and he‘ll be proud that she‘s trying to make her way in the music industry.” Following on from the similarities to Max she has a very open and honest personality.

She has only dated three times, “I dated my friend, Travis. We knew each other since we were 12 years old and we were kinda inseparable. We dated for 3 years and it was a really great relationship, we still keep in touch but he’s in Jersey and I’m in LA.” When asked if she’s currently single she replied, “No.” At that time, she was seeing band member, Aaron Simpson, from former band, CrushCrushCrush. The couple recently got engaged on March 4, 2012. The two have recently broken off their engagement and now remain friends. She is now dating Scott Wellington of boyband 'Weekend' as of December 16th, 2012. The couple got engaged on her 23rd birthday and were married in a small ceremony on Valentine's Day in 2014.

She went to the 2011 Music Hall Of Fame Awards with Dan Richerds and is reportedly set to do a brief club tour of the U.S.A with him in March 2011. However that never took place because inn March 2011, just one week after the release of her debut single, she was rushed to the hospital after reportedly attempting suicide.

After a long six month break, she is now preparing for her return to music again. Armstrong is said to be working on her sophomore album, TWENTY-THREE, which is to be released sometime in January of 2013. On February 25, 2012 the first single from the album, My Heart Is Not For Taking, was released. In 2011 she enrolled in Music4Youth shortly before leaving to be on Celebrity Big Brother 2. Like Music4Youth, her stay on CBB2 ended soon as it had begun. She and her brother Lucas left after just a few days of the seasons start due to Jen's friend ending up in the hospital from an automobile attack.

=============================

JEN'S|BLOG

==============================

DISCOGRAPHY

Albums
UserPostedImage
Scarlett Fever (March/April 2011) (Debuted #8)

UserPostedImage
TWENTY-THREE (January 22nd, 2013) (Debuted #1)

Singles
UserPostedImage[
Queen Bee (February 27, 2011) (#3, Top20)

UserPostedImage
My Heart Is Not For Taking (February 25, 2012) (#4, Digital - #8, Top20)

UserPostedImage
Another Pretty Lie (April 2, 2012) (#5, Digital - #1, Top20)

UserPostedImage
A Smile To Remember (September 19, 2012) (#8, Digital - #4, Top20)

UserPostedImage
It's Okay To Not Be Okay (November 26th, 2012) (#2, Digital - #2, Top20)

UserPostedImage
Long Overdue (February 10th, 2013) (#1, Digital - #1, Top20)

UserPostedImage
Lock Away and Hide (May 14th, 2013) (#6, Digital - #3, Top20)

UserPostedImage
Extra! Extra! (August 27th, 2014) (#1, Digital - #6, Top20)

UserPostedImage
Our First Christmas Day (December 12th, 2014) (#, Digital - #, Top20)

TOUR DATES

FAN|STORE

[Hoodies - $25 | Tank Tops - $15 | Jewelry - $18.50]

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Order Now | My Shopping Cart | Speedy Check Out | Track Your Order

Edited by user 28 June 2015 07:54:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 03/09/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/09/2012(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/09/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 19/02/2013(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/05/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2012 09:34:34(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
erich: cutie pie.

karoliena: ugh! that isnt creepy.

erich:what?! it's not like i am cruising in a van next to her,with an hand of candy out the window.

karoliena: true,but it's pretty close.

erich: besides,everyone knows i use a 70's impala and a puppy.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/09/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2012 12:03:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jen: Haha, thanks! I think :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 22 September 2012 07:54:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

NEW SINGLE AVAILABLE|A SMILE TO REMEMBER

"Jennifer Armstrong's latest single, A Smile To Remember, has officially been released as of yesterday and as a special treat, she's streaming it live on her website right now! Make sure you get your copy of the single that marks her return to the music scene."

Edited by user 22 September 2012 07:55:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 22 September 2012 08:20:49(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jason: Hey beautiful ;) lol sorry I'll stop with that now just thought I'd say the new site looks awesome happy to see you releasing stuff again and can't wait for the album :)

Mandy: JEN!!!!!!!! I missed you like crazy I need to see you again! Your new song is awesome btw loved it
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 22 September 2012 12:23:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jason: Hey beautiful ;) lol sorry I'll stop with that now just thought I'd say the new site looks awesome happy to see you releasing stuff again and can't wait for the album :)

Jennifer: Lol, thanks. I just hope that I live up to my own expectations and that I made the right descision by waiting so long.

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: JEN!!!!!!!! I missed you like crazy I need to see you again! Your new song is awesome btw loved it

Jennifer: MANDY!!!! Aww I missed you too. We should really catch up, it's been too long and thank you so much!

Edited by user 22 September 2012 12:23:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Taylr2  
#7 Posted : 22 September 2012 16:42:30(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Rory: A great song all 'round. Can't fault a thing with this song, nor would I want to. Great lyrics, great show of emotion and great singing. I think I've got Scarlett Fever :P
thanks 1 user thanked Taylr2 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 23 September 2012 07:40:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Taylr2 Go to Quoted Post
Rory: A great song all 'round. Can't fault a thing with this song, nor would I want to. Great lyrics, great show of emotion and great singing. I think I've got Scarlett Fever :P

Jennifer: Aww thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Taylr2 on 23/09/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 23 September 2012 07:45:43(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Aaron Simpson: Loving the website. Looks fantastic...and the song....well great work. Real great work.

OOC: Nice work on all this :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/09/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 23 September 2012 12:35:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Aaron Simpson: Loving the website. Looks fantastic...and the song....well great work. Real great work.

OOC: Nice work on all this :)

Jennifer: Thank you Aaron, it's nice to hear from you again :)

OOC: Thank you :3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 04 December 2012 23:05:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

NEW SINGLE & VIDEO|IT'S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY

"Jennifer officially released the video to new single 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay' on Vevo December 2nd but if you missed it, it's streaming on her website right now! If you're still in the dark about her new single as well, click below to give it a listen."

UserPostedImage

Title: It's Okay To Not Be Okay
Length: 3:50
Genre: Pop, Pop Rock
Released: November 26th, 2012
Recorded: Los Angeles, California, New York City, New York
Written by: Jennifer Armstrong
Produced by: Kieran Thomas, Sunny Monroe, Jennifer Armstrong

Background Information
After her hit single, A Smile To Remember, Armstrong continues to embark on her emotional journey being portrayed through her singles. Her new single was debuted last night while she was a special guest for Mykaylah's One Night Only concert. It was her first time performing it in front of a huge crowd but toady it's available for download. Jennifer wrote this song while she was recording her album, TWENTY-THREE which is set to be released early 2013. The song was inspired by Jennifer's own personal past. The song is described as a heavy percussion song with Jennifer's vocals coming in strong on the track. Jennifer teamed up once again with producer Kieran Thomas and Sunny Monroe. This will be the 4th single released on her upcoming album.

Description
Again starting off with a soft pulsing piano as well as her breathy and soft vocals. Singing the first verse, there is a heavy percussion following it, showcasing Armstrong's powerful vocals. The song seems to show more power over the course of the song. The lyrics suggest that one shouldn't be afraid to had down days and should embrace them. The ballad also has a tinge of rockness in it along with it's catchy pop like lyrics. Armstrong's vocal arrangements are perfectly combined with the percussion of the song, giving it a dramatic feel. It also gives the listener a sort of uplifting and emotional appeal to them. The chorus is where most of the power is held in the song as she belts out the lines, each line even better than the last. You can hear the raw, emotional talent that Jennifer possesses. The song has a simple musical structure and can be compared to that of Demi Lovato's Skyscraper with it's tone and mood of the song. The song was recorded over a period of time with very little vocal editing. Armstrong wanted to really capture the realness of the song by making sure the listener could feel her emotion.

Quote:
"This song was a really intimate song for me to write. It really speaks volumes about me and gives people an inside as to why I am the way I am. The song represents so many different things to me. Sometimes there's days where you just want to cry and stay in bed. No matter what people tell you there's no way for you to hold all that in, it all comes out at some point. I'm saying that it's fine to have those days and it's healthy. Once you get it all out, you'll feel better about yourself and then you know when to move on. It's only human to get depressed or to feel unhappy but you've got to know your limits and you've got to know that you're not perfect, the world isn't perfect and no one's happy all the time no matter what you might think. It's just a matter of knowing yourself. The song to me has helped me get through a lot of stuff. When my brother died, I thought that crying would show that I was weak, a lot of people think crying is a sign of weakness but it's not. It just shows that you have feelings and you care. I don't think I'll ever come to peace with my brother's death and there's still some days where I find myself depressed or just crying for no reason but I'm not blaming myself and saying I'm weak. It's really okay to not be okay."

Lyrics

[Verse 1]
Take a minute, let it all sink in
Now it's over, you've lost your best friend
But now you don't wanna hear any comfort
Then you realize, sun is shining
You've got new eyes, that are dawning
It's not as bad as you thought that it would be

[Pre-Chorus]
Climb into bed and pull the covers
You feel it again, a distant lover
You just can't make it, try to fake it
But I'm here to say

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
You don't have to pretend for another day
There's no one to impress, don't be perfect
Just do your best
Feel like pushing and shoving, to make your own way
It's okay to not be okay

[Verse 2]
Eyes are swelling, and you're dying
On the inside, no more lying
Don't you hold back to anybody, anymore
Then you realize, clouds are fading
Not alone now, still blockading
Nobody ever said that this would be easy

[Pre-Chorus]
But I'm here to say

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

[Bridge]
It's okay to not be okay
(Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)
Every day is just another way
For you to heal, but you won't
If you don't understaaaaaaaaaaand, that

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

It's okay to not be okay
It's okay to not be okay
It's okay to not be
Okay

WATCH THE DEBUT PERFORMANCE OF THE SINGLE|HERE!

UserPostedImage

Jennifer Armstrong
It's Okay To Not Be Okay
TWENTY-THREE
Pablo Argagio
Studio60 Records

UserPostedImage

Jennifer On The Video
Quote:
"The concept for the video is very simple and laid back. I didn't want to make a video that overshadowed the song so it's just all about conquering something through a struggle. The wind represents the struggle and I'm the conquerer. It seems easy to understand but then there's the box with the heart that randomly appears in the video. That represents, along with the sun shining bright, how things can take an unexpected turn in life and you'll be okay. I chose to walk in the desert because it's calm and peaceful but also I wanted to keep the meaningfulness of the lyrics without making them seem unimportant had I did some kind of flashy, expensive video. I think my fans will enjoy it's simplicity."

The video begins with a view of a desert that looks deserted. There's a bit of fog and mist in the air even though the sun is shining. There's a slow piano being heard playing as the camera zooms in to Jennifer Armstrong's face. As the intro plays, she starts to focus in on the camera while beginning to sing. There's wind blowing as her hair is also blowing and she moves it from her face several times as she sings. She has a weathered look on her face as if she were tired and broken down, matching perfectly with the mood of the song.

[Verse 1]
Take a minute, let it all sink in
Now it's over, you've lost your best friend
But now you don't wanna hear any comfort
Then you realize, sun is shining
You've got new eyes, that are dawning
It's not as bad as you thought that it would be

[Pre-Chorus]
But I'm here to say

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

UserPostedImage

The camera then shows a different scene containing the bright sun shining in the sky as well as a thick layer of fog surrounding a silver colored box with a red heart etched inside of it. She continues to sing as she's shown walking through the desert. She's seen wearing a long white dress that cuts on the shoulders. She also a decorative feather in her hair and some medium sized earrings that are revealed once the wind blows her hair once again. She begins to sing the chorus of the song while the camera zooms in again on Jen's face.

[Verse 2]
Eyes are swelling, and you're dying
On the inside, no more lying
Don't you hold back to anybody, anymore
Then you realize, clouds are fading
Not alone now, still blockading
Nobody ever said that this would be easy

[Pre-Chorus]
But I'm here to say

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

[Bridge]
It's okay to not be okay
(Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)
Every day is just another way
For you to heal, but you won't
If you don't understaaaaaaaaaaand, that

As she goes into the second verse, the music picks up and Jen's still walking through the desert singing or more like belting out the verse. She frequently uses her hands as she sings and the wind seems to pick up as if it's going to blow Jennifer away but she keeps walking forward and singing as if she were perceiving a real life struggle to get through. Once she gets to the bridge of the song, the scene switches to her standing still while singing. Everything ceases as if time stood still. As soon as she went back into the chorus, everything started to go back as normal. The wind was blowing ferociously and Jen was giving it her all to continue to sing and walk at the same time.

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

[Chorus]
It's okay to not be okay
Just do your best
It's okay to not be okay

UserPostedImage

It's okay to not be okay
It's okay to not be okay
It's okay to not be
Okay

As the wind calms back down, Jen is singing still. The video seems to be winding down as following the song. She's in front of the camera again and almost whispers the last of the lyrics then the video fades to black.

Edited by user 26 December 2012 09:05:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Walton on 05/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#12 Posted : 25 February 2013 11:45:54(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Album Review: Jennifer Armstrong's Twenty-Three
By: Kourtney Steele

UserPostedImage

When Jennifer Armstrong first arrived on the music scene we were captivated by her beauty and her charming personality, whenever she wasn't starting trouble or mouthing off at paparazzi of course. Not long after, she signed to former label, Shooting Star Records and embarked on four "hype" shows in Los Angeles, New York, Washington and Boston, and partook in a string of radio interviews here and there to promote her music and expand her fan base. Armstrong released her debut single, 'Queen Bee,' an upbeat pop song ironically about becoming famous, in which the young pop star wrote all on her very own. In regards to her debut single, Armstrong strongly stated that her single wasn't "gonna break any new ground" but little did she know what was to come. The single went on to debut #3 on Airplay sending Armstrong well on her way to fame. Continuing her success, Armstrong released 'Scarlett Fever,' her debut album, which included not only her hit debut single,'Queen Bee,' but seventeen other upbeat tracks as well. The album was a mixture of pop and pop-rock and took on influences by Saburban Sunrise, Fathers Of Fury, GirlSpice, PANIC!, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Alicia Lena, Brittany Knox and Michelle Green. Majority of the album was written by Armstrong and was produced by The Wolverines, Malory Evans, Danny Allen, Will.Rocca, Matty and Nadia Berry. It wasn't long after, that 'Scarlett Fever' brought Armstrong even more acclaimed success then she had ever had before but just as things seemed to be going well, tragedy struck, however, for the rising pop songstress when news broke out that Armstrong had been rushed to the hospital for a reported suicidal attempt, and all came crashing down. Armstrong was dropped from Shooting Star Records, her solo career was put on hold, and she went missing for several long months without the slightest hint to her whereabouts, leaving us to wonder if she'd ever make a return to music ever again.

To our great pleasure, Armstrong returned six months later with the promise of starting up her music career once again. Keeping her end of the promise, she released her comeback single, 'My Heart Is Not For Taking,' an emotional pop ballad about Armstrong's feeling after losing her older brother, Max, in a car accident years before. The song proved to be a hit with fans as it went on to debut #4 on the Airplay charts and #8 on the Digital charts. Shortly after, she premiered the video, in which sold over a million copies in digital downloads and landed her a Best Video nomination at the Chaos Awards VI. Things didn't stop there for Armstrong, and in fact it was just the beginning of a successful and long journey for her. She managed to pick up a four album deal with Studio60 Records and went on to release four more singles including, 'Another Pretty Lie,' 'A Smile To Remember,' 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay,' and her newest single, 'Long Overdue,' all in which landed in the top 10 on both Airplay and Digital charts. Luck finally seemed to be on Armstrong's side and after putting all her personal issues behind her, she was able to start work on her sophomore album that her adoring fans had been waiting so long for. Teaming up with some of the greatest producers and writers around including, Kieran Thomas, Gia Rose-Hilton, Sunny Monroe, Phil N., Rico Love, Bianca Moretti, and Pixie Love, the album was finally ready. 'Twenty-Three' was released on January 22nd, 2013, both standard and deluxe, with a total of twelve tracks, four of which coming from the deluxe edition. The album is a mixture of Armstrong's usual genres, Pop, and Pop-rock, added in with new genres that we had never quite heard from her before, R&B, Dance-pop, Power pop, and ElectroPop. The album includes subjects such as self-empowerment, love, heartbreak, death, loneliness and just having fun and features collaborations with Andrea Khan, Jacob Estrada, and the all time favorite, Izzy Merjos.

Break Me - First up on the Twenty-Three express and kicking off the album is 'Break Me,' an up-tempo pop track inspired with a little reggae and a strong undercurrent of soul. It features multi-tracked vocals on the chorus and synth sound affects that provides edginess to the song, making it interesting. The song also consists of layers of synths and backing vocals adding a musical and emotional intensity totally absent from the carefree verses. The hints of the reggae vibe make the song even more fun while the lyrics are hinting at Armstrong taking shots at the negative comments and even at the paparazzi during her career. This is clearly a great way to kick off the album because you automatically are entranced by the amazing beat and the fact that Armstrong is speaking on a subject so personal, makes it that much enjoyable. I always say that it's sometimes best to remain a mystery but in special cases like this one it's better to open yourself up to the word and that's whats going on here. I'm delighted that Armstrong has grown as a person and doesn't let the negative things that people have to say affect her anymore. Lets hope she can keep herself together this time around and refrain from falling back into old habits. - 9/10

A Smile To Remember - Serving as the third single from 'Twenty-Three' and the second track on the album, 'A Smile To Remember,' slows things down just a bit with its soft piano melody. Teaming up with singer-songwriter Bianca Moretti and songwriter, Sunny Monroe, Armstrong showcases her versatile music by taking to the piano this time with an upbeat and fairly medium tempo song and delivers with outstanding vocals and a catchy chorus. The track was rumored to be written about her ex fiance, Aaron Simpson and was reportedly written while she was still in a relationship with Aaron until the two split last year. I'm loving the way this one turned out and it made an excellent choice for a single. Armstrong could have gone in a completely different direction by making this one of those typical "break up" songs, which would have ruined everything, but instead she mixed the sound and created a masterpiece that everyone can come to love. In any event, Armstrong should break a few more hearts, (sorry Scott), if it'll result in her composing more music such as this. - 8/10

New To This - Switching things up a bit and setting a new tone for the album, 'New To This,' brings us an R&B type of sound that we have never quite heard from Armstrong before. The track incorporates a mid-tempo electropop and R&B with a trace of dubstep and is surrounded by a thumping beat and banks of synthesized chords. Armstrong sings about being used to it all and not being a rookie when it comes to the critique and rumors. Who the song is directed at remains a mystery but some believe it to be directed at people who have took shots at her for being abstinent, which she had received a fair amount of criticism for, and some not believing her and making fun of her for it. Some have also interpreted it as her saying she's innocent in her sex life but not so innocent in other ways. Regardless of who it's for or what it's about, Armstrong does a superb job mixing things up and breaking out of her element. Luckily she didn't go too far as R&B really fits her because she has a strong voice for it. There's instances, however, when Armstrong's voice seems to break a little and she doesn't quite hit certain high notes like she's suppose to but nonetheless she does a great job. I personally wouldn't mind if she continues to dabble in R&B and I guarantee that most thank her for it. We strongly need more women singing it, as you can never have too many, and I hope that we hear more of this genre from her on future releases. - 6/10

Last Time - 'Last Time' is a Pop rock song that also has elements of Soft Rock and Ballad music. The song was written by the team of Sunny Monroe and Armstrong in a time of 2 weeks. Armstrong decided to team up with a new producer this time, Phil N., who also has produced albums for Hayden, Lily, Isabel, and Hannah Beth. She states that the song is about moving on from someone and not making the same mistake as before. What's the one type of song that people need most? Why a motivational song that will uplift you of course and this album is filled with them, this track being one. It's no secret that Armstrong went to rehab after her troubles awhile back and after her time there, she was able to reflect and remember her time there, which resulted in the writing of this song. In the words alone, you can hear just how much she means what she says. Now add her soulful like voice and you're able to feel how much she means what she says. What am I getting at you might ask? Well it's simple, she quickly reminds us that though you may make mistakes, it's only wrong unless you make the same mistake twice. Life is about making mistakes sometimes and then learning from them. If we don't learn then we won't grow as a person and sometimes that's the part that people forget. No ones perfect and until we learn to understand, people will go on judging others for their imperfections instead of loving one another. That's why I am happy when artists like Armstrong make tracks such as this because people need to be reminded of this when we unfortunately forget what truly matters. - 7/10

My Heart Is Not For Taking - An emotional beat with piano, strings and 808 style drums kicks off the next and first single on 'Twenty-Three.' Like many songs on the album this one is a powerful and self written ballad and is personal to her as Jen explains her feelings of losing her brother, Max. Though he died years ago, the emotions are still there. Jen once again sings with real emotion in this song as she makes the listener feel her sorrow and hurt, ending the chorus with a very heart felt plea to her deceased brother. The single was written solely by Jennifer and produced by Kieran Thomas, who also played the hook on the song. Finally getting to the heart of what her album is truly about, the unfortunate death of her older brother and her feelings about his passing, we come to the emotional song that tells it all. If your heart can't take listening to something sad or you're just not simply up to it, then I suggest you hit the skip button because this particular track will take your feelings on an emotional journey. At least of course, that's what happened to me once I took a listen and really cleared my mind to the lyric's meaning. Now everything I hear this song the tear works come a flowing but that's what to expect from a beautiful heartfelt song as this. If it doesn't make you cry then maybe you should see a shrink and have them reevaluate your life as something is clearly wrong with your heart. She has given us a little insight into her feelings and how she felt about everything that had happened. I feel that this is what not only this song is about but the entire album is as well, to give us a chance to see things from her point of view and discover just the kind of person she truly is. She loves and she hurts just as we all do and often times people forget that just because she's a celebrity so we tear her down. I say that it's about time that we all learn to appreciate everyone and understand that just because someone is different, doesn't mean that you can treat them any kind of way. Celebrities are people too and deserve the utmost respect especially when they carry so much on their plate as it is from people's perception of them. - 10/10

Another Pretty Lie - The second single and the sixth track on the album, 'Another Pretty Lie' which was proved to be a hit with her fans, has a Pop-rock beat with electric guitars, and live drums. Armstrong really goes all out and uses a very diva like presence and amazing vocals that are almost sort of raspy yet sexy. Turning to Kieran Thomas for production again and being written by Armstrong, the hint of the lyrics reminisce over a guy who tried to cheat on Armstrong but was stopped before the relationship even happened. Stepping away from the sadness part of the album, we change it up with a familiar sound that we used to hear a lot of from Armstrong in her 'Scarlett Fever' era. When this song was first released as a single I wasn't too pleased with that idea. I first thought that it was bad in taste for Armstrong but after hearing it so many times on the radio, as every pop station in the area played it repeatably ever hour, I slowly fell in love with it. From its catchy cheesy lyrics and its pop-rock beat, I constantly ask myself how I didn't love it to begin with. I suppose that I had my reasoning then but nonetheless I love it now and that's all that matters. This is truly one of my favorite tracks now and I'm glad that Armstrong didn't leave it out. - 8/10

Just A Fight (feat. Jacob Estrada) - Coming up as the first collaboration we've heard on the album thus far, Armstrong teams up with Jacob Estrada who quickly rose to fame after the release of his debut album 'Chasing Changes' just last year. Armstrong and Estrada both wrote the song over a period of time before getting together to record the vocals. The track is considered a break up song and the two are a couple, Armstrong being the one who wants to leave and Jacob being the one who wants to try to work things out. The two go back and forth throughout the track making it very likeable and relatable to its listeners. It's apparent the two have chemistry when it comes to working together and this is the first track where Armstrong plays an acoustic guitar. Armstrong wasn't far from the mark when she stated that "Jacob was the perfect choice because he's amazing on guitar" because he's just that, amazing on his guitar. Now of course I'm not saying that because I happen to find him to be pretty hot,(pretend you didn't read that), but I'm saying this out of the intelligence that I happen to have as this guy has pure talent. I don't have to remind you that Armstrong could have done this one alone and it still would have been great as you sure as well already know that. The fact that she did add Jacob on the song is an extra bonus, a bonus that no one is complaining about. Yes, the two of them singing with one another is like magic to your ears and then some. May we thank the God above for creating the likes of these two and then giving them the idea to collaborate on a great track such as this. - 7/10

Two Hearts Beat In Time - Originally the title of the album, before Armstrong decided to change the name altogether, 'Two Hearts Beat In Time' talks about, like many songs on the album, the pain Armstrong felt of her brother's accident. Believed to have been written 2 years ago after her brother died, the track was made up as Armstrong set down one day with her guitar in hand. Though the song has a Rock influence in it, Armstrong maintains the type of Pop lyrics that we have come to expect from her. The song talks about not letting someone go and using the metaphor that their two hearts beat in time or beat together so that one heart will not die. Armstrong also describes the lyrics as being "from a time in her life where she blamed God for his death but also pleaded that he bring him back." I really didn't think it was possible but I have to be honest and say that I'm not at all fond of this one. I think that the album could have gone without it and that this is pretty much one of those filler songs that most artists seem to put on their albums. Some might disagree to my reasoning behind this decision but to me it seems that this track was very much rushed and had to been added last minute. In fact in regard to this song, Armstrong stated that she "didn't write it with the intentions of recording it" and that it was "just gonna stay in her notebook" and it clearly shows. Perhaps if Armstrong would have taken her time an added in a few more things then I have no doubts that I would have liked it. Unfortunately that's not what happened and she chose to include it and I can definitely see why. The message behind it is simply beautiful and I commend Armstrong for that, however, this was best left in her head and not on an album that would be the judgement of her career. - 5/10

Say It To My Face (Feat. Andrea Khan) - The second collaboration song on the album, 'Say It To My Face' features the vocals of guest vocalist, Andrea Khan. Even though it's a dance inspired track, it features a very aggressive chorus with a sassy vibe to the track. The song also incorporates influences of disco music from the 80's and is an uptempo dance song that runs through a "brittle" beat influenced by electro-industrial music. Armstrong was inspired to record this song after seeing all of the backlash that she received after she went to rehab. It is produced by Gia Rose-Hilton who also co wrote the song with Armstrong. For me, this track serves as part two to 'Break Me' simply because it's another one of those songs where she confronts those that had negative things to say about both her and her troubled past. What better way to kick things up a notch then by adding on another feisty diva that isn't afraid to let you have it every now and then, the beautiful and talented Andrea Khan. Though its been awhile since she has put any of her own music out, it was great having her team up with Armstrong on this incredible self-empowerment track. Next to Izzy, this was my second favorite collaboration, (no offense Jacob), for this album. - 9/10

It's Okay To Not Be Okay - Brought to us as the fourth single from the album, 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay,' is inspired by Armstrong's own personal past and speaks volume as to why she is the way she it. Jennifer teams up once again with Kieran Thomas and Sunny Monroe to produce this heavy percussion song with Armstrong's vocals coming in strong on the track. I find Armstrong to be at her best when she makes music from her heart and luckily for us, she does this with all her music. I mean take it from me, anyone can make a song but its what you make of it that is truly special. The way a song touches your heart and makes you feel something that you've never thought possible is what Armstrong is good at doing. I was always told that the type of experiences a person goes through makes them who they are and if that's the case, I'm glad for the things Armstrong has experienced in her life for she wouldn't be the person she is now, a kindhearted spirit with the voice of an angel and an inspiration to us all with her self-empowered music. - 8/10

Lock Away and Hide - Seeking influence from a classic track from the Chordettes and their hit single, 'Mr. Sandman,' Armstrong uses them for inspiration to start off 'Lock Away and Hide.' The idea first came across Armstrong by her producer Phil N but was later decided by Sunny Monroe to infuse it with an urban inspired beat to make it one of the catchiest songs on the album. The song, though the subject was painful for Armstrong, almost presents a light side to it but quickly changes course when its listener listens to her vocals that bleed pain all over them. Armstrong wrote the song prior to finishing up the album and just before she got out of rehab. Armstrong talks about the challenges she was presented with and the struggle of not knowing who she was as a person anymore. When it comes to its light and soft tone at the opening, I was expecting something brilliant from this one but unfortunately this track came up short. After following such a great song before this one it was sadly a big disappoint too. Don't get me wrong the first and second verses are lovely but towards the pre-chorus and chorus, Armstrong seems to have missed the big idea completely. It could perhaps be just me but I just can't get with this song. I don't mean to sound rude either, as I know this is another one about her older brother and her feelings about it all, but it seems she was trying a little too hard to impress. Whatever it is, we can't all love everything Armstrong does, as you can recall what I said before about her not being perfect, so some things will be a hit and others will not but I love her effort nonetheless. - 4/10

TWENTY-THREE - The final track on the album for the standard edition, 'Twenty-Three,' which serves as a dedication to Armstrong's brother, closes out the album in a way that almost leaves you wanting more. Armstrong co writes the track with Phil N, stating that she really needed someone to push her emotions out of her for this song and Phil, being the creative genius that he is, was the one to do it. The simplicity of the song carries such a beautiful message with it as Armstrong talks about not being able to fully recover from the loss but having found peace with herself and feeling almost alleviated that she can talk about it without getting so emotional. Finally we come to the last track on the album, well the standard edition that is, and what a heck of a song it is. No amount of words can describe just how much I love this song and how the album would be nothing without it. She chose a wonderful song to end the album and she definitely was right when she stated that "it'll leave you wanting more" because in fact that's exactly what it does, leave you wanting more. - 10/10

Nothing - As the first track on the Deluxe Edition, Armstrong remains in a constant tone with the next track on the album, 'Nothing.' Mostly played by Armstrong on the piano, she gives the listener a glimpse at her true feelings. This track was co-written by both Sunny Monroe and Jennifer Armstrong and produced again by Sunny Monroe. It so greatly features several string instruments as well as Piano and an acoustic guitar. Armstrong sings mostly in a low tone, only hitting the high notes for the parts in between the verses and chorus. Pixie also features in the song as the background singer who harmonizes with Armstrong. If you were blown away from the final track on the standard edition and decided you needed more Jennifer in your life, then you were smart enough to pick up the deluxe edition of 'Twenty-Three.' If not then I feel so very sorry for you for you are missing out on a lot. 'Nothing' is so lovely that it reminds me of the type of song that you would find playing on Breaking Dawn: Part Two at the very end of the movie when all is well and love and good triumph. If none of those descriptions suit you then I suggest you skip this one but if you're smart and loving what I'm saying then keep this one on repeat. This one will forever be a favorite for me because again Armstrong delivers with another memorizing melody and thought felt lyrics. It's short yes but that just happens to work this time around for anything more would have ruined it. With music like this to keep you going through the tough times, it's no wonder that Armstrong's fans adore her as much as they do. - 9/10

Trust In Me - The second track up next on the deluxe edition, 'Trust In Me,' was first written by Sunny Monroe and Gia Rose-Hilton for another artist but was given to Armstrong. She then finished writing the song by putting her own twist on it, not wanting to receive the song without changing it up to fit her style, and recorded it in three days time. Armstrong delivers on this track with her amazing vocals, hitting all the high notes and low notes, holding nothing back, and literally belting the song out from deep inside. The song speaks about love and wanting to be able to give someone the love they deserve by telling someone to trust in Armstrong and believing she won't hurt them. I'm pretty much a very big fan of deluxe editions because they always contain some of the greatest tracks that you would have missed if you didn't spend just a little bit more money to get it. That's why I always say that sometimes when you want quality you have to give more money because extraordinary things don't come cheap. This decision proved not to be a bad choice on my end for so far it's been pretty incredible. I quite love this track for its beautiful message cause I think that people do judge you based on someone else. We've all been guilty of doing that at some point or another so it's good to have a song like this to dedicate to someone. I'm sure the guys are thanking her at least because they're the one's that get judged the most. - 7/10

Losing Myself (feat. Isabel) - Infused with elements of R&B, Dance, Synths, and Pop rock, 'Losing Myself' makes for the perfect midtempo dance song that's all about being true to yourself and standing for what you believe in. The song was written by both Armstrong and Merjos, making this their second collaboration single and the last collaboration on the album. The best friends teamed up for this duo and was produced by none other than Gia Rose-Hilton, who slowed down the tempo but still maintained the elements of dance in it. The song represents a claim of independence, freedom and how adamant they are about their stance which is also stated in the song throughout the lyrics. I've got to say that this is my personal favorite collaboration on the album, not because I have an adoration for both Armstrong and Merjos, but because both girls have an incredible amount of talent that blows others away. The title of the song and the midtempo dance beat fits Merjos all so well that this song is practically made for her. In fact I wouldn't mind if this was just a song for Merjos, as she outshines Armstrong, but all the same the track is perfect the way it is. I wouldn't have them change a thing and I pretty much think that the chorus is pretty much my favorite part out of the entire song. I just can't stop singing it and it's been in my head since I first listened to it. Both Armstrong and Merjos made each of their parts their own and I'm sure everyone is thinking what I'm thinking, (1) Armstrong should have released this as a single, as it's totally single worthy, and (2) they should team up more often. - 10/10

Long Overdue - Respectively, the final song on the deluxe edition, Armstrong teams up with R&B producer, Rico Love, for 'Long Overdue.' The track is described as a club hit, something that you can definitely picture being played in a club scene. Armstrong express her feelings about waiting so long to come back into the music industry but makes it playful and fun. She also collaborates with her producer, Rico, as he can be heard beat boxing and even using his vocals for the bridge along with Armstrong. Making this the best end to a deluxe edition that I've ever heard in a long time, she gives us her latest single to wrap up the album. A fine choice if I do say so myself for I can't think of anyone that doesn't love this song. Well actually I can think of a few people but none of them are important at the moment. Yes, the only thing that is important at the moment is the fact that she is a musically genius. I can say this because I happen to have a knack for pointing out great artists from those that still have a long way to go to prove their greatness. Plus not to mention that the evidence is also in the pudding so to speak for she has managed to land all of her singles in the top ten on every chart, something that even the best of artists can't do. - 10/10

Overall, the album has both high and low points but majority of it is simply incredible. Armstrong kept us waiting for a very long time that some of us thought that this album would never happen but it did and it certainly measures up to all the hype. Every song, on both standard and deluxe edition, captures the feelings and emotions that Armstrong carried deep inside her heart and paints a clear picture that lets us see another side of her that we were never able to see before. There were certainly a few hiccups on a couple of the songs but that's expected as no album can be perfect and not to mention that each of us share difference of opinion. Setting that aside, however, I strongly recommend that everyone purchase this album, not because you like fangirling over her and you want to show your love by getting the album but because you support and appreciate good music for what it truly is.

Album Rating: 127/160 = 80 B-
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 7 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/02/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/02/2013(UTC), Walton on 25/02/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/02/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 26/02/2013(UTC), erich hess on 26/02/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/05/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 25 February 2013 12:14:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Thank you very much :) Someone finally reviewed it lol.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 25/02/2013(UTC)
#14 Posted : 25 February 2013 12:17:53(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Ooc: You're welcome but don't ask me again lol. I'm kidding of course but at least wait a while, I'm tired after writing all that.

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/02/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#15 Posted : 26 February 2013 06:17:08(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: That is honestly an amazingly written review, great job @Princess_Valentine :)
thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/02/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/02/2013(UTC)
#16 Posted : 26 February 2013 14:40:26(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Ooc: Thank you. :D

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 29 April 2013 06:42:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

May 14th, 2013
'Lock Away And Hide'
The New Single From Jennifer Armstrong

UserPostedImage

16 Days Left!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 29/04/2013(UTC)
#18 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:00:05(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Kourtney: One of my favorite songs on the album so I'm glad that it'll be your next single. :)

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 03 May 2013 03:33:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

May 14th, 2013
'Lock Away And Hide'
The New Single From Jennifer Armstrong

UserPostedImage

12 Days Left!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 03/05/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 03/05/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 05/05/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#20 Posted : 03 May 2013 05:25:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: I thought my computer was going dinosaur on me as I stood here like an idiot waiting for like 5 minutes for the picture to load, and then I realized you're slowly unveiling the cover XD Looking beautiful so far ;)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 03/05/2013(UTC)