logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#21 Posted : 10 May 2013 13:49:26(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Quote:
OOC: Thank you for doing this! You rocked this shit, very entertaining and funny. BTW, to help you with the ebonics, pum pum refers to a womans vagina, and basically everyone in the neighborhood had the girl.

OOC: I have learned an important lesson today. ;) thank you so much! :) glad you enjoyed it.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
kandii on 10/05/2013(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#22 Posted : 10 May 2013 14:03:16(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
OOC: Thank you for doing this! You rocked this shit, very entertaining and funny. BTW, to help you with the ebonics, pum pum refers to a womans vagina, and basically everyone in the neighborhood had the girl.

OOC: I have learned an important lesson today. ;) thank you so much! :) glad you enjoyed it.

OOC: Just keeping it real lol
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#23 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:02:01(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

REVIEW: Gemma Kane's "We Had the Power"
AKA
WHY DO WE ENCOURAGE THIS?

UserPostedImage

Hey. So, this is a review of Gemma Kane's "We Had the Power." You may remember her from the all girl group, Lashes, where she was the one that wasn't slutty looking enough to be mistaken as a hooker, but still decently slutty enough to be mistaken as a high-price stripper. You may remember Lashes from their hit songs, such as-- I actually cannot remember any song Lashes ever put out. How tragic for them. But now Gemma Kane (also known as 'James Urie's wife') is trying to make a name of her own, and we're letting her do it because it's kind of adorable the way that she thinks this is going to play out.

The name of Gemma Kane's attempt to be considered a celebrity once again is 'We Had the Power.' It can be argued that this song is about a relationship gone wrong or something along those lines, but anybody with a brain stem can see that it's obviously about the breakup of Lashes, because, really, what else does Gemma have going on in her life besides pouting over that? The best result of this song is when Natalya Dobros (or Natalya Hess, I guess she got married to a chick. Fucking hot.) commented about the song on Twitter and caused a fight between Gemma and herself over what caused the breakup. The best part is that Gemma tried to act like she didn't want the fight to happen. Sweetheart, you're not fooling anybody. You wouldn't have written the song if you didn't want to start shit. The sad part of this? Gemma may actually be getting celebrity recognition again because of the shit she's starting. I guess for some celebrities, that's the only way they're going to stay popular. My point: What the fuck has Natalya Dobros done besides marrying a chick, and then argue with people on Twitter? But we all still know her name. Hasn't done anything to contribute to the music industry, but her name will always be one that you see on your Twitter feed. I just want to make sure everybody sees the ridiculousness of fame when it comes to these types. We got it? Great.

To be fair, "We Had the Power" is not terribly bad of a song for it's genre. Of course, it's of the pop variety because the only things former girl group members know better than pop music is fucking and drama. And, for as much shit as I give it, the topic of the song isn't as boring as some of the songs out there now. It's not about how some guy broke her heart, it's not about how she feels all lonely or any stupid shit like that. It's about the Lashes breakup, which, in regards to other band breakups, is not a huge deal, but it's still something that people want to hear about. Also, the music and lyrics do a beautiful job to keep Gemma in her pop comfort zone, but go to the edges of that zone and venture into a more (dare I say it) trance-pop style. I downloaded this song on to my computer for this review, and I don't think I'll be taking it off once I'm done with it. The song is relaxing and energizing at the same time, and if I don't listen to the lyrics, I can almost not get completely pissed off by the attention whoring that Gemma Kane is succeeding at doing right now.

So, all in all, I give "We Had the Power:"

You know that odd feeling where you just hate everything that a person is, but what they make is absolutely brilliant? I'm having that feeling right now about this song. Congratulations, Gemma Kane. You did it.
thanks 5 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/05/2013(UTC), erich hess on 31/05/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/05/2013(UTC), Walton on 31/05/2013(UTC), kandii on 31/05/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:07:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hayden: Well it's not funny if you like the song...
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#25 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:08:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Hayden: Well it's not funny if you like the song...

Alec: Yeah, surprise! Not all of my emotions towards music is negative! Who would have thought!
Offline erich hess  
#26 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:10:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17997 time(s) in 10464 post(s)
Ooc:brilliant. It shines like a diamond in a goats ass.

Erica: Natalya marrying a girl is so hot. I totally agree with that. I hear her wife is a total cutie too.

Nina: I think he also said she looked slutty enough to be mistaken as a prositute,love.

Erica: no! There was a Mercedes girl in there. She was the slutty looking one. Naty was the cute one.

Nina: sorry. Blonde and big boobs make anyone look slutty.

Erica: your mom has big boobs and is blonde!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#27 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:15:18(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Ooc:brilliant. It shines like a diamond in a goats ass.

Erica: Natalya marrying a girl is so hot. I totally agree with that. I hear her wife is a total cutie too.

Nina: I think he also said she looked slutty enough to be mistaken as a prositute,love.

Erica: no! There was a Mercedes girl in there. She was the slutty looking one. Naty was the cute one.

Nina: sorry. Blonde and big boobs make anyone look slutty.

Erica: your mom has big boobs and is blonde!

OOC: Thank you I think! :) ;)

Alec: Nah, Natalya was definitely the one that looked like a total prostitute. And really? I've never met Natalya's wife, but I heard that she was a butch lesbian Asian or something like that. I don't know. Couldn't tell you.
erich hess on 31/05/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#28 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:25:46(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc: an old phrase from my dad.

Erica: her wife is NOT butch! I mean,she wears jeans and tank tops a lot...but they are feminine tank tops. And the jeans make her ass look totally hot. Is prositute saying she looked sexy? Nobody wants unsexy prostitute,right?

Nina: Erica,stop,love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#29 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:29:06(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Omg thanks ! :) Great read!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#30 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:30:49(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: Always amusing. Keep it up. Review Reported Failure's "Frosted Peaks"? Or the entire album if you feel so inclined once it comes out. I'd forever be your loyal minion or just give hundreds of thanks if thats what you'd prefer. :p
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline snap_itshannah  
#31 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:46:02(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Ooc: an old phrase from my dad.

Erica: her wife is NOT butch! I mean,she wears jeans and tank tops a lot...but they are feminine tank tops. And the jeans make her ass look totally hot. Is prositute saying she looked sexy? Nobody wants unsexy prostitute,right?

Nina: Erica,stop,love.

Alec: Ha, you're her wife, aren't you? Well, have fun with that piece of ass. Just because she looks like a prostitute doesn't mean I wouldn't hit it.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#32 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:46:57(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: Omg thanks ! :) Great read!

OOC: No problem. Sorry it took longer than expected. :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#33 Posted : 31 May 2013 09:48:21(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: Always amusing. Keep it up. Review Reported Failure's "Frosted Peaks"? Or the entire album if you feel so inclined once it comes out. I'd forever be your loyal minion or just give hundreds of thanks if thats what you'd prefer. :p

OCC: You'd get bored being my loyal minion, so lets go with the hundreds of thanks. ;) I'll do the album when it comes out. Sounds fun. :)
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 31/05/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#34 Posted : 16 June 2013 01:47:37(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

REVIEW: Reported Failure's Rome
AKA
THIS REVIEW ISN'T FUNNY BECAUSE I LIKED THE ALBUM. FUCK YOU.

UserPostedImage

Alright. Here we are, ladies and gentlemen. Reported Failure's Rome. Unless you've been living under a rock, you know all about this album. If you haven't picked up a copy, then you've definitely heard about how cool it is from all your little friends. Let me give you some advice, kid: It's just as cool as your friends are telling you it is. In fact, probably cooler than what they say. I mean it. Album of the year already. What month is it? June? Don't care. Album of the year. Go home, bitches. Reported Failure nailed it. I know, guys. I know what you're thinking. "Awww! But you're Alec Holter! You're not supposed to like anything bleh bleh bleh!" Nope. Shut up. This is it. If Rome doesn't hit #1 for at least four weeks, I'm quitting as a critic. I mean that.

But I guess until society as a whole lets me down again, I'm reviewing this.

Part 1: Change & Rebirth
Yes, the tracks come in four parts. Seems weird, huh? Totally different than anything else? A little unexpected, but not totally unwanted? Rome.general. Part 1 consists of three songs: Days Spent in the Dark, Lunar Utero, and The Day After Forever. These songs are not completely unknown to us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these songs were the main reason why you bought the album in the first place. They're great songs. All of them are A-plus-pluses. And depending on which interpretation you take on the album, this beginning could be one of the most important parts.

Oh, didn't I mention that before? Yeah. Get ready for Rome to get ten times more complicated: Think of some of the most complex topics that can often be found in graduate level Philosophy classes. Did Plato come to mind? Maybe, reincarnation? Hmm? Yes? Well, lucky for you, all of these themes and more can be found as interpretations of Reported Failure's Rome. Sadly, for most of you who can't think for themselves, I won't be telling you my interpretation of it because 1.) it's time you figured out life for yourself, and 2.) this album is so full of twists, turns, and thoughts that any theory I could give you on my interpretation of it could easily be swatted away by another just as well thought out theory. That's one of the great things about this album: You can sit back, enjoy, and listen to the music, or you can think about it. It's your choice, world. Make a good one.

Days Spent in the Dark
Anyway, we open this album with Days Spent in the Dark. If you don't already know this song, let me try to some it up for you: Beautiful and creepy. All at the same time. And I don't get creeped out easily, especially by songs. If you have your Rome CD, take it out right now, and really listen to the lyrics of this song. In fact, really listen to the lyrics of all of the songs. The imagery is fucking everywhere, and it is perfect.

Lunar Utero
Then we go on to Lunar Utero, an equally as known and equally as beautiful song. Remember in Days Spent in the Dark, where all the creepy imagery made you feel uncomfortable, and you just kept thinking, "Well, I'm sure after this song, it'll get a bit brighter." HAHAHA NOPE! Welcome to Lunar Utero, which has lyrics that make you feel just as uncomfortable as the mental image of a lunar uterus does.

The Day After Forever
And then, the last stop on our travels of Part 1, The Day After Forever. Sounds like kind of a cutsy name, right? Like something Nicholas Sparks would name one of his books. Maybe it's a love song? You're cute. The song, in any sort of interpretation, can be said to be about the afterlife, or at least has some connection to the afterlife. I don't know what Billie Beckett, that tall drink of water, believes in, but he's definitely ringing true to both himself, and to what his audience wants to hear. So good job, Billie. Good job. Your name is spelled the way one of my ex-girlfriends spelled her name. I'll over look that for you.

Part 2: Give

Alright! Part two! Moving right along here. Part 2 is called Give. Why is it called Give? Fuck if I know. Does it really matter? Not really. There's the beauty of music for you. None of it really matters all that much. Of course, I get paid to act like it does matter, so I guess for some of us, it has to matter a bit. Featured in this part of the album, we have Awakening, Goodbye Innocence, and Landslide. And if you're thinking, "Hahaha, Landslide. I know another song named that," we know, because it's a cover. That's right, ladies and gentlemen: Reported Failure is covering a Fleetwood Mac song. But we'll get to that in a moment.

Awkening
Awakening starts us off in this part with a darling little piano melody that quickly becomes louder until it's no longer that happy little piano melody, but a full out rock band playing. But such is life. If your interpretation of the album was something along the lines of trying to recover from a mental illness, this song would probably be the song that you would pull most of your arguements from. If anything, we can definitely say that this is one of the happiest songs, but not their best song. There's much more to come.

Goodbye Innocence
Annnnnnnnnd... the good feeling's gone. Now in the meat of the album, Reported Failure gets back to their sound of pure rock, and gives us another completely interflective and depressing song. Just a few lyrics from this song I would like to impart on you before we move on: Yes, goodbye, innocence / hello, my slow death So... Let's all have that thought go through you for a moment. For anybody who has ever forgotten that we're all slowly dying every day of your life, Reported Failure is here to make sure you never forget it again. Also: I can't wake up some mornings / the legs on my body are weak now / I could crawl away / But I'll stand in honor of my dying breed. That is all.

Landslide
Alright. Here we are. Landslide. Probably the song that I've listened to the most of this CD so far. I've already admitted to a couple people of how big of a Barbra Streisand fan I am, so I really feel no guilt over admitting how much I enjoy Fleetwood Mac. Especially Stevie Nicks... ESPECIALLY Stevie Nicks. There's something about Reported Failure covering this song and then sticking it into this album that is both SO out of place, and yet works so well. I can't explain it that well. The best I can do is tell you that if you're feeling like your emotions are getting fucked around with, they are, and it's not over yet.

Part 3: Land and Sea
Part 3, ladies and gents. Part 3. Also, our longest part, which probably means that everybody is going to have to do a lot more thinking when it comes to these lyrics. Are you ready? Yeah, me neither, but here we go. In Part 3 we have When I Talk to God, Arctic Stars, Frosted Peaks, and Land and Sea. Sounds like a fun time.

When I Talk to God
Okay, so I think at least most of us vaguely remember when this song was leaked, and nobody really had any idea what the fuck was going on with it, right? Well, here it is on the album. The fact that the song is now on an album really doesn't clear up that question, but I think it makes everybody feel a little bit calmer about whether or not Billie might be commiting blasphemy with it or not. I don't care. Rock on. Whatever. It's just a weird song, that's my point. And for the people who were all up in arms over it, just chill out. It's a gorgeous song anyway, so who really gives a shit? Listen to the song. It's very soothing and relaxing. Listen... listen...

Arctic Stars
For those of you who feel like you can't buy an album unless it has some love song of you and your significant other to call "your song" on it, here you go. You asked, Reported Failure delivered. Your love song. Another gorgeous song for a gorgeous album. We're getting to that point in the album where all the songs are so good that I'm running out of ways to describe them. So here you go. It's the gorgeous love song. Enjoy.

Frosted Peaks
We all remember this pulchritudinous (I found an online thesaurus. This is a real word. Look it up.) single from not so long ago, and now here it is again on the album. It's odd, but the song actually feels almost like a completely different song when it's put with the rest of the album. Of course, it's not. It's the same song that I've heard overplay on the radio (not overplayed because I don't want to hear the song, but overplayed because radio DJs are paid way too much for how little they do, and if they feel like fucking off, they play the same song over and over again, which is basically what happened here) for the past couple of weeks. It just feels different when you hear everything else. It's like when you hear somebody complaining about somebody, but you don't realize why they're complaining about them until the complainee is in your house, drinking all your wine, and telling you your movie taste is shit. Not that I'm complaining about this song. I'm just, you know... giving a metaphor that I'm sure most people can relate to...

Land and Sea
Both the title of this part and the title of the song. Magical! I know I've said this a few times before, but this is honestly one of the most beautiful/pulchritudinous/exquisite/foxy songs of the album. It's another song that is so easy to relax to, and yet has a lot of meaning, as all of the songs on this particular album do. The repetition throughout the song really drives the meaning home, and also makes the song really easy to listen to. One thing that sometimes bothers me about long songs that are not as well made as this one is that they get so platitudinous after about a couple minutes in. This doesn't happen with this song. So congratulations, RF.

Part 4: Rome
Well, my friends and journeymen, we've made it to part four. We've made it to Rome. This last part is definitely the shortest part of the album, with three songs: Enlightenment, Journey's End, and Rome (feat. Brandon Caulfield). The catch? Both Enlightenment and Journey's End are completely instrumental; they're both just a piano. Shall we review them? Let's reveiw them.

Enlightenment & Journey's End
There are certain moments when a band really becomes something beautiful. Sometimes it's when they're able to sing a capella and still sound just amazing, if there were still a band playing behind them. Sometimes its when they put on that amazing stage show that completely takes your breath away and turns you into one of the teenage girls at the Beatles concerts. And then sometimes it's like this. The final two songs before Rome are both only instrumental, and absolutely perfect. They sound like a sly mixture between Philip Glass type simplicity, yet with the Reported Failure twang of meaning. Both of them deserve standing ovations and bravos. Fantastic.

Rome

And the last stop on our ride. Well, it's been fun, hasn't it? I think we all learned something about ourselves in this album. Maybe it's that you just don't understand this album. That's fine. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

In the Reported Failure tradition, their last song on the album is just as big as they are. And, well hey, Brandon Caulfield is part of it as well. It's a good ending to a fantastic album. You walk away from it saying, "Well, I feel good about what I just listened to," and then maybe listen to it again. Go ahead. It's alright. You can listen to it again. Maybe a few more times as well. It doesn't matter. Nobody will judge you for this. In fact, if you're the first person out of your group to learn all of the lyrics to all of the songs, you'll probably be the coolest, hippest one. So go for it. Dream big.

Also...
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

This motherfucker right here. What.
thanks 4 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 16/06/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 16/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 16/06/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/06/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#35 Posted : 16 June 2013 14:43:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc: as always,well done.

Erich: this album and review were way over my Head. I am shamed.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#36 Posted : 17 June 2013 00:22:06(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Ooc: as always,well done.

Erich: this album and review were way over my Head. I am shamed.

OOC: Thank you! :)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#37 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:51:21(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: THANK YOU! I'm not sure if anyone has reviewed something of mine before. This is great, and funny. I owe you one.

Vin: I suppose as long as people enjoy the music its fine if there isn't total clarity in the meaning. Its more mysterious and intriguing that way.

Matt: No, Vin. All these people are fucking dumbasses who dont understand our art. Lets just go back to my house drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, and be pretentious musicians.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#38 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:56:16(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Tzzz.....hmmmm maybe I should get the album. Let me give it a listen. *puts on headphones*

OOC: That review is incredibly done! WOW! That must of taken a lot of work to do and it turned out a great read :) I"m still reading the rest of it, but got excited and needed to comment lol
Offline snap_itshannah  
#39 Posted : 17 June 2013 03:57:44(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: THANK YOU! I'm not sure if anyone has reviewed something of mine before. This is great, and funny. I owe you one.

Vin: I suppose as long as people enjoy the music its fine if there isn't total clarity in the meaning. Its more mysterious and intriguing that way.

Matt: No, Vin. All these people are fucking dumbasses who dont understand our art. Lets just go back to my house drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, and be pretentious musicians.

OOC: Hey, it's no problem. :) I enjoyed it.

Alec: Yeah, maybe play some Elliot Smith on vinyl to really set the pretentious mood. In all seriousness, great job on this album, guys.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#40 Posted : 17 June 2013 04:01:33(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Stephanie Fierce: Tzzz.....hmmmm maybe I should get the album. Let me give it a listen. *puts on headphones*

OOC: That review is incredibly done! WOW! That must of taken a lot of work to do and it turned out a great read :) I"m still reading the rest of it, but got excited and needed to comment lol

OOC: Aw, thank you so much. :)

Alec: You should give it a little. That's what you so with music. You listen to it...