logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

660 Pages«<615616617618619>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#12321 Posted : 14 August 2013 05:11:09(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Vanessa Lynn and Tessa Laity both walked into the Dirty Bastard, soaked from the rain outside and dying for a drink. Vanessa had thought that she would have to twist Tessa's arm to get her to leave work behind and come have some fun with her, but it turns out that no twisting was needed. Tessa was ready to let work go... if only for a few hours. Or at least she thought she was. After the two girls got to the bar and ordered drinks, Tessa immediately pulled out her phone and started checking her emails and texts, just in case anything had come up.

"Tessa..." Vanessa whines, seeing the phone out. "You promised."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm just--" Tessa starts before Vanessa rips the phone out of her hands and drops it into her own purse.

"No more. You are going to drink tonight, and you're not going to worry about where the rest of the girls are, or if we have some show coming up, or if our lyrics are good enough, or anything even somewhat pertaining to the band. You are only going to worry about who in here looks cute enough for you to sleep with, and if they're single or not."

Tessa starts to argue, but she knew that Vanessa wasn't going to let up. That was final, whether she liked it or not. "Fine..." She moans back, taking a sip of her drink as she starts to chip the rest of the nail polish off of her thumb. Vanessa shakes her head and looks around, deciding if they were going to have fun tonight, she was going to have to be the one who starts it.

OOC: Open to anyone. :)

Edited by user 14 August 2013 05:12:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 14/08/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12322 Posted : 14 August 2013 06:56:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ansley and Veronica made their way into The Dirty Bastard after getting off work. The two had recently been on edge lately with overbearing workloads and no luck in their personal lives as of late. Both had the DB Syndrome; Disappearing Boyfriend Syndrome. Veronica was a little tense yet Ansley managed to try and stay positive. The two ordered a drink and conversed with one another, hoping to escape their troubles for a few hours.

"Fucking hate men so much. Rory and Alex are douche bags. We deserve so much better." Veronica took a shot.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12323 Posted : 14 August 2013 06:59:37(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa's hearing immediately closes in on the sound of bitterness and disappointment towards men - something that she knew a hell of a lot about - and knew that these were going to be their friends for the night. She calls the bartender over and points to Ansley and Veronica. "Two shots for them," She says loudly, hoping that the girls who weren't very far down the bar from them would hear her. "They look like they need it."

Tessa looks up from her now polishless thumb and down at the two girls Vanessa had targeted. "Oh, they're the girls with the clothes and stuff..." She comments, and Vanessa shrugs.

"I don't care who they are. They look like they need some alcohol."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12324 Posted : 14 August 2013 07:14:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Veronica looks over at the two girls, almost with a suspicious look on her face. "Fuck it, free shots, I like them." She nods in their direction, thanking them.

"Should we make ourselves friendly or just accept the shots?" Ansley say, staring at them. Veronica grabbed her clutch and started walking towards them, Ansley following behind as she got her answer. "We didn't want to just take the shots and be rude. I only do that to guys anyway." She sits down, making herself comfortable as Ansley did the same.

"Thanks for the drinks." Ansley smiled in the direction.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12325 Posted : 14 August 2013 07:35:06(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

"Hey, no problem," Vanessa says back when Veronica and Ansley sit down next to them. "I know a couple of people who need some more alcohol when I see them. I'm Vanessa," she holds out her hand to the two of them. "And this is Tessa."

"Hi!" Tessa gives a little wave before going back to her drink.

"And we're here to drink away our problems... much like yourself."

Edited by user 14 August 2013 07:41:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12326 Posted : 14 August 2013 08:08:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Veronica shakes Vanessa's hand and smirks. "I'm Veronica, this is Ansley, nice to meet you too. Yeah, I enjoy a good drink every now and then, especially now." She chuckles a bit. "Drinks are good for the soul you know, the small one I have."

Ansley smiles at Tessa. She liked her cheery spirit. "I like your outfit, it's really cute."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12327 Posted : 14 August 2013 08:45:19(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa picks up her drink. "Cheer to that, hon," she says back with a laugh, taking a long drink of her beer. "So men troubles are what you two are having? Poor things. Rant. Tell us about it. We're both single, so we can take it." She winks and giggles, leaning forward, in her ready-to-listen pose.

Tessa takes a drink of her beer, and has to swallow it quickly when Ansley speaks to her. "Uem-- Thanks!" She says, trying to catch her breath from swallow the beer too quickly. She looks down at her clothes. "I don't think your clothes come in my size, or else I would buy them." She laughs a little, hoping Ansley doesn't take that as an insult.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12328 Posted : 14 August 2013 08:57:56(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Yeah, man troubles and more." Veronica sighs a little. "We haven't seen our boyfriends in like days, me months! They just ignore us like we don't matter. I mean I get he's in a band but he has this at home, who wouldn't wanna stay home?" She says throwing back another two shots. "I knew I should have just stayed single."

Ansley shakes her head. "You should shop with us! We have all sizes, really." She then takes a sip of her beer since Veronica took her shot. "Gee, thanks V."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12329 Posted : 14 August 2013 09:14:08(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

"Ugh, that's really fucking shitty of them," Vanessa says, shaking her head, taking another sip of her beer. She looks Veronica up and down and smirks. "Uh, yeah. He's a fucking fool if he's leaving that all alone at home." She giggles. She had always had more of a thing for women than men, but she wasn't about to openly hit on Veronica. Not when she's in mourning over her shitty boyfriend.

Tessa shrugs and orders another shot for Ansley to replace the one that Veronica had downed. "Great. It's actually really diffcult to find XL sized clothing are size 10 jeans that are actually stylish," she says back. She wore closed to a size L, but she loved her shirts being loose and non-fitted. "I'll have to shop there more often."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12330 Posted : 14 August 2013 09:25:52(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Yeah, he's a tool. When he comes back...I might just leave, I don't know." She sighs. This had reaffirmed her stance on guys being idiots and a jerk to her even when they promised they were different. "Fuck, I should just be a lesbian or something. At least girls can act like they have feelings or something right?" She jokingly looks at Vanessa. "Careful, I might get drunk enough to have my first experience with you." She winks then giggles.

Ansley nods. "Enough stores don't accommodate all women of all sizes, it sucks. Like, half the time I can't fit stuff because it's too small. I'm tiny but I'm not THAT tiny. I've never worn a size 0 in my life. I don't even count that as a size." She smiles at her after she orders her a shot. "Thanks. I've never been much of a drinker but apparently my boyfriend is so why not just forget my inhibitions for a night. If he can, so can I."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12331 Posted : 14 August 2013 09:33:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa laughs. "Oh, don't tempt me, hon. I'll be buying you another drink in a few moments if you do," she says back with a wink. "Does he do this a lot, or is this a first time thing?" She asks.

Tessa looks at Ansley. "They're too small for you?! But you're... you're tiny... at least compared to me, you are!" She says back, laughing. She gives her a bit of a sad smile and takes another sip of her beer. "Jerk of a boyfriend? Dump him. I'm serious, don't let him get you down this badly."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12332 Posted : 14 August 2013 09:38:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Veronica sighs a little. "He hasn't just left so long before you know? Usually he'll call or try to get me to fly out and see him but nope...not this time. I guess it wasn't meant to be then. And to think, I went through so much crap for him that my reputation has been a little tarnished but what did I do? I stuck around because I lo-" She shook her head. "I liked him a lot." She laughs at her. "Who knows? Maybe it's time to try new things.."

Ansley nods. "I know, crazy right?" She looks at her when she suggests she should dump him. She didn't like that thought but maybe it was necessary. "I don't know, it's complicated. I really like him and he's made some great progress with his life so far. He used to be really into drugs and stuff but he stopped, for me. I feel like.....like when you get a new car and suddenly it stops working, do you just leave it for another or keep trying and hope it drives?" She laughs a little at her comparison. "Dumb right?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12333 Posted : 14 August 2013 09:56:37(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa makes a face. "You're a strong woman. If I hadn't talked and seen a guy I was dating for so long, I would have dumped him and moved on with somebody else already - no matter how much I lo- liked him." She giggles and winks. "I get bored with men too quickly. Maybe the fact that you're not ready to move on with somebody else already means that you shouldn't yet."

Tessa makes a face. "I think if your new car stops working so quickly after you buy it, then it was a faulty car to start with, no matter how many repairs you've made on it," she says back, and then shakes her head. "Don't listen to me, though. I haven't had a boyfriend since college. I'm all washed up." She laughs.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12334 Posted : 14 August 2013 10:07:12(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Yeah well, I don't wanna play the girlfriend who stupidly waits when she could have moved on earlier." She shrugs. "Guys are just...stupid." She takes another shot. Veronica smiles. "Nothing alcohol can't cure. Who knows, he could be screwing someone else right now so maybe I should do the same."

Ansley giggles. "True, dumb analogy." She smiles. "Really? How come? I mean sometimes it's just better to focus on yourself than guys. It's not looking so hot for us two who did." She smirks.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12335 Posted : 14 August 2013 10:28:03(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa smirks and shakes her head. "This is why I stopped having relationships. Meaningless sex in hotel rooms is just ten times better," She says back with a laugh. "Also, why I stopped dating men as often. They're stupid and don't understand. Women understand and use that against each other. I would rather the person making me upset know that they make me upset rather than just thinking that everything is going to be okay if they continue to act like assholes."

Tessa laughs. "It may not be as stupid of an analogy, hon. It actually may be right on par." She finishes off her beer and orders another one. She shrugs and smirks a little bit. "I just haven't found a guy that's really into plus size Baltimoreans with a Bachelors in English Lit and are also the manager and singer in an all girl dance group." She laughs at the ridiculousness of her life. "No. No, I don't appeal to many."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12336 Posted : 14 August 2013 10:44:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"That's what I'm saying! Meaningless sex is just 10 times better without a relationship. Thank you for understanding." She smiles, feeling comfortable around this girl already. "Let me buy you a drink now."

"Well that sucks, you are beautiful and you seem smart and nice...any guy would be lucky to have you. They're just too dumb to realize what they have in front of them.." Her voice trails off a little. "If this were my bar, I'd probably kick someone like me out, way too depressing." Ansley laughs. "Then again, lots of drinks getting sold."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12337 Posted : 14 August 2013 11:40:17(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Vanessa nods and laughs. "You don't have to ask me twice," she says back, turning to the bartender. "Everclear on the rocks, hon! Thanks!" She says and then turns back to Veronica. "No, a relationship takes too much work and would require me to be much less self-centered - a trait and I am not quite ready to commit to yet!" She pulls out a cigarette and then offers the pack to Veronica. "You want?"

Tessa gives Ansley a smile. "Yeah, thanks..." She says back. Hearing that she was beautiful and smart was something that her mother said to cheer her up. She didn't need to hear it from a perfect stranger in a bar, no matter how comforting it was. "Oh, hon, you know that depressed people are a majority of the patrons they get around here," she says back. "They're probably just happy to see that it's a nice looking woman rather than an unemployed, overweight middle-aged man." She laughs.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12338 Posted : 14 August 2013 12:10:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"The queen of self-centeredness is staring you right in the face!" She smiles. "That's why I like my space and I like to just be my own person you know? I thought he'd be the one but I was right, I was wrong. You know, I'm just really gonna let go tonight and see what happens. I shouldn't have to sit at home, wondering when he'll call or anything. I'm young and beautiful and frowning causes wrinkles." She shakes her head. "No thank you, I don't smoke."

Ansley nods slowly. "True. I usually just turned to cookie dough ice cream but Veronica wanted to come here to drink her problems away. I figured I should just let her do it." She takes another sip of her beer and laughs. "So, you're a manager for what group? You said girl group right?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline snap_itshannah  
#12339 Posted : 14 August 2013 12:26:24(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

"Oh, honey, you're gorgeous anyway. You could use some wrinkles. I wouldn't turn you away if you had some." Vanessa winks. "I guess it's a give-and-take with me and relationships. I don't want to care about somebody that much, but I want somebody to care that much about me. I miss it. I just don't miss the heartache and constant jealousy." She laughs.

"Hey, Ben & Jerry's is usually my go-to boyfriend," Tessa says back with a laugh. "Um, yeah. Manager and singer of the girl group. We're called Cherry Street. It's okay if you've never heard of us. I would think less of you if you had." She laughs again and shrugs.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12340 Posted : 15 August 2013 04:56:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Yeah, I can put up with a lot but having an AWOL boyfriend is not one of them. I just can't take it anymore, I'm always getting the short end of the stick and it's not fair. I've become a stereotype overnight, screwed up family life, bad boyfriend, spoiled." She jokes about the last part and then smiles once her next shot appears in front of her. "I say to hell with guys."

"Ben and Jerry's, Mike and Ike, I have a thing for two men at once.." She laughed. "Oh god, not like that!" Ansley shook her head once she heard her remark. "I'm blaming the alcohol for that. Oh cool, I don't think I've heard of them but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for them. Are you guys like Pop?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage