logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2013 09:19:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

AUSTIN NIMMO - GIRLFRIEND (FEAT. JENNIFER ARMSTRONG)

UserPostedImage

As we come to the very close end of 2013, it is important that we look back at the year of 2013. Whether it be the comebacks, the scandals, the rumors and of course, the beefs.. there is also something else us people, as listeners should look back at. That exact thing being new artists. Every star was once a new artist, some artists less promising then their counter parts and some destined to be super stars. Whether or not you believe certain artists will make it past being a new artists is up to you, and even you as a bystander could admit that 2013 birthed so many new, and promising acts to grace the industry and create their imprint amongst the millions of fans who are becoming armies in each stars right. Among all of those new faces one that can easily have stood out was that of Austin Nimmo's. And if you don't know who he is, and most likely you've heard his name, lets have a quick tale of the tape.

Nimmo, the 17 year old fresh faced rose to fame earlier thos year after being discovered on Youtube after covering a barrage of artists music on his youtube page. An unsigned and normal boy from Los Angeles, he had no idea where his life would go in 2013. Starting out with these videos as pure fun, to show off his stellar vocals and harmonies. With time moving on and his his subscribers sky rocketing the teenager was contacted by Rami Yacoub to record his flirty debut single "Adore You". The single was an instant success reaching the #3 position on the Airplay Charts, making him one of the most hotly prospected independent artists on the scene. Following the big success of "Adore You", Austin embarked on the Less Than Infinity Tour and begin work on his debut single. All of this success came as such a surprise to Austin and his life, and during interviews kept saying how he felt as if it was all a dream. The shy Austin let the success of Adore You continue and signed his first official major label deal with new record label, FREEDOM in late 2013 so he could have the financial backing to continue his career effectively.

The real question for Austin Nimmo is can his success continue? His fan base continues to grow with boys of girls of all ages often showing their love for Austin, and with all the media attention and fans after just one song, its important that Austin isn't just a one hit wonder. And with this new single entitled "Girlfriend" we will see if Austin is in this for a long run. Can 2014 be Austin Nimmo's year?

UserPostedImage

Release Date: 12/27/2013
Label: FREEDOM
Genre: R&B/Pop, Synth Pop
Songwriters: Austin Nimmo, Jennifer Armstrong
Producers: Nevaeh Martinez

TRACK OVERVIEW

"Girlfriend" is the second single and first major label release from American pop singer Austin Nimmo. The single will serve as his first release off of his major label FREEDOM. After he signed a deal with the label in November of 2013. The single will also serve as the second single and rumored final single before the release of his soon to be titled debut studio album which is slated to be released in 2014. The single also features pop singer Jennifer Armstrong and was penned by the duo themselves in October of 2013. The record was recorded later that month with production from producer Nevaeh Martinez who wanted to flaunt Austin's vocals and show that he can be taken seriously as a vocalist with strumming beats, synths and light production that can show off Austin's vocals in a more mature way then the much overused "teen pop" records for artists of his age. Not straying too far away from his known sound, when listening to the track you can clearly hear Austin singing perfectly over the synths from the very start of the record where he harmonizes over the beats. When the song starts Austin begins speaking about a girl he finds himself liking so much, almost to eh point where he would do anything for her to be his girlfriend. He can't get this girl out of his head and Austin makes this come across as a true story as he sings with full emotion and delivery almost making it seem like Austin is singing to a counterpart in the record. One thing that stands out about Austin in this track his connection with the music and overall delivery.

Production wise, the record doesn't overwhelm the listener, but instead remains as an easy listening experience as Austin tells his love story before his featuring artist comes in. After verse two of the record, Jennifer Armstrong comes in on the track. The tracks adds in soft keyboards and to the beat as she begins to sing. The beat slows down too, and has a darker twist to it. She, like Austin, also sounds perfect on the record a she sings softly and seductively over the record. She plays as Austin's love interest but plays hard to get as she questions his antics and potential as a boyfriend. It's quite interesting having Austin and Jennifer on the same track, and makes perfect sense to be quite honest. As Jennifer's part ends, The song goes into the bridge which can easily be another standout of the track. The beats seem to fade away, with just the light synths. Austin sings in a higher register with Jennifer whispering after him, every few lines. After the bridge the song goes into the chorus one more time and then the slow and rejuvenating record comes to a very end.

AUSTIN'S THOUGHTS
Wow! I am so excited and alittle nervous to release my second single! It was an honor working with Jennifer, she's one of the most talented artists in recent times and when she said she was interested in working with me. I was so surprised. But we got in the studio with Nevaeh, who I have recently signed with on her label FREEDOM and we really created such a gem! I love this song really. I didn't want people to just think of me as a one dimensional teenage singer. I also want to show that I can be versatile and venture into something like smooth R&B and I had an awesome time recording this and even writing it with Jennifer. It really came out so well. It's nice and smooth, and our vocals are really shown here. I think this is the perfect song for people who may really be into a girl and you just can't get her out of your head. It's a relate able track. It's a great track, I love it. I hope you all do too. I pushed myself vocally and went into a vocal register I never have in the bridge and when I got to hear this in full, I couldn't wait to get this out

LYRICS

Hmm...Hmmm...
Ha...Ha...Huh..Huh...
Hmm...Hmm....
Ha..Ha..Huh...Huh..

Can you hear me by the door?
I'm standing here singing you a song
All I ask you for is to listen to me for a bit more
Because I think I might be the guy you have been waiting for
I know I'm not perfect
And I'm probably not the guy your parent's would accept
But I just can't, I just can't get you out of my head
So don't mind me asking
If you wanna be my girlfriend?

If you could love every song I wrote for you
I would keep writing until you finally could see (Until you finally could see)
That's it's you and me, you and me (You and me babe)
Oh there is no doubt that you're the girl
I wanna be kissing in the trees
The one I wanna show my family
They say no one is perfect
But I swear your is perfect for me

So girl come here lay in my arms
Cause girl tonight you're gonna feel my charm
You're gonna feel the love and the warm
Until your dad can hear his daughter-alarm
It doesn't matter 'cause we got the whole life ahead of us
I'm ready to work for it I'm ready to give you everything you point at
Cause girl I'm crazy just like that

But I swear your perfect for me

Uhh-uh uh uhh
Do you wanna be my girlfriend
Uhh-uh uh uhh
Please be my girlfriend

I don't think you know what you're getting into,
But I promise not to break your heart, break it in two
I used to say that you wouldn't be the one I'd turn to
You seem like you're the type that I'd see through
When the going gets rough, boy what you gonna do?
Do you really wanna go this way, can you stay true?
Can you handle all these curves, can you really make this work?
Can you be the boyfriend, can it be you? (Oh!)

They say that no one is perfect (No one is perfect)
But I swear you're perfect for me
And sometimes I wonder how it would be
If you just would kiss me (Kiss me)
Because girl I want you to be my everything (My everything)

But I swear your perfect for me

Uhh-uh uh uhh
My girlfriend
Uhh-uh uh uhh

Edited by user 30 December 2013 10:35:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/12/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 30/12/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 30/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/12/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/12/2013(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:00:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: This is like 100x better even out of the studio :P It was great working with you Austin! :)

OOC: Everything looks wonderful, even the sound a like change is cool :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:29:30(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: This is like 100x better even out of the studio :P It was great working with you Austin! :)

OOC: Everything looks wonderful, even the sound a like change is cool :P

Austin: Complete honor to work with you also Jen! You're an amusingly talented singer. Hope to see you around soon :)

OOC: Thank you sooo much and yeah, it was very last minute switching it but im happy with the turnout lol

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/12/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:35:32(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: long time waiting for this glad to say it was totally worth it, Jen sounds incredible with you here Austin :)

Adam: I love his song although girlfriends are not my thing, you guys did great plus Austin your a FREEDOM guy so I got a lot of respect for you :)

OOC - nice job I love the sound a like, lyrics are great too
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:36:23(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC : In love with the lyrics ! Great job you two :)

Airemese : This is the sweetest song I've heard in some time ! I have a feeling my mom is somewhere getting her groove on to this lol . Really sounds like her type of track . Can't blame her though :P

Edited by user 30 December 2013 10:44:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:41:34(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Wow. I think I just found my new favorite song. So proud of you two. :)

Ooc: Great job guys.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#7 Posted : 30 December 2013 10:45:32(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Perry Stone: Can 2014 be Austin's year? Sure can if he keeps it a buck with his music. Good stuff man.
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 30 December 2013 11:34:45(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: Geezer, I feel like I'm being reverse stalked. Like I'm being force fed everything you do. Ace promo and the song is actually pretty cool.

Ooc: Nice work :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 30 December 2013 11:53:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: long time waiting for this glad to say it was totally worth it, Jen sounds incredible with you here Austin :)

Adam: I love his song although girlfriends are not my thing, you guys did great plus Austin your a FREEDOM guy so I got a lot of respect for you :)

OOC - nice job I love the sound a like, lyrics are great too

Austin: @Amy It's been a while hasn't it, well I am glad it was worth the wait. Really glad actually. Thank you Amy :)

@Adam: Haha man, can't discriminate lol. Glad you still like it, yeaaah I seen that you're also on FREEDOM. Welcome man, wish you the best of luck.

OOC: Thank youuuuu :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 30 December 2013 11:56:58(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC : In love with the lyrics ! Great job you two :)

Airemese : This is the sweetest song I've heard in some time ! I have a feeling my mom is somewhere getting her groove on to this lol . Really sounds like her type of track . Can't blame her though :P

OOC: Thank you so much! I thought this was one of my better lyrical writings. Its easy writing for Austin for some reason lol. Tequilas part was great too. Glad you like this.

Austin: I love that! I hope she does like it. The fact that you mentioned your mother made me happy because I wanted my music to appeal to all ages and not just the teens and stuff. I want it to be a universal thing, so thank you for mentioning that, thats really awesome. Thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Wow. I think I just found my new favorite song. So proud of you two. :)

Ooc: Great job guys.

Austin: Thank you Kourtney. That is a huuuge compliment, really is. :)

OOC: Thank you :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 30/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 30 December 2013 12:03:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Perry Stone: Can 2014 be Austin's year? Sure can if he keeps it a buck with his music. Good stuff man.

Austin: I surely plan on keeping it "a buck". Don't really know what that means dude but hopefully its achievable. Thank you though, Perry.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: Geezer, I feel like I'm being reverse stalked. Like I'm being force fed everything you do. Ace promo and the song is actually pretty cool.

Ooc: Nice work :)

Austin: Being force fed Austin Nimmo is not a bad thing, Kai. After a while it'll become easier to take in. Think this is a good song no? That means its becoming easier for you haha. First nice thing you've said to me ever Kai, its a miracle. Thank you man.

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 30 December 2013 12:55:56(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: This is literally the best thing ever to of the raddest people I know on one track how could it get any better? The lyrics and sound are really awesome too you guys are so awesome great job :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#13 Posted : 30 December 2013 13:03:40(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
mariko:i admit that jen's name drew me in. she was my first real non festival tour. i knew this had to be sweet if she was involved. and it was! this austin fellow is everywhere these days...and with good reason. i am not saying id openly rock out to this in the car,but with the windows rolled up? it is go time.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 30 December 2013 16:38:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: This is literally the best thing ever to of the raddest people I know on one track how could it get any better? The lyrics and sound are really awesome too you guys are so awesome great job :)

Austin: Thank you beautiful, sooo happy you like it. Just to let you know, I really could relate to this song while I was writing it for sooome reason...hmm..wonder why....;),

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#15 Posted : 31 December 2013 04:38:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
mariko:i admit that jen's name drew me in. she was my first real non festival tour. i knew this had to be sweet if she was involved. and it was! this austin fellow is everywhere these days...and with good reason. i am not saying id openly rock out to this in the car,but with the windows rolled up? it is go time.

Austin: lol why not? This is the type of song you can serenade someone with! Maybe in a car with the windows open! You never know haha! Thank you Mariko
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage