logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#121 Posted : 11 June 2013 06:12:57(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Land and Sea: Tracks 7-10

Edited by user 11 June 2013 06:15:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 2 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 03/08/2014(UTC)
#122 Posted : 11 June 2013 06:14:50(UTC)

Rome: Tracks 11-13

Purchase Rome NOW

Tell us YOUR favorite songs/parts of the album
UserPostedImage
#123 Posted : 17 June 2013 09:54:16(UTC)

Things That Are Happening
UserPostedImage

Quote:
UserPostedImage
Presents...
UserPostedImage
With...
Reported Failure
UserPostedImage
With Support From...
  • PURE
  • The Harlots
  • Alex Simms

July 12 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
    July 13 - Mansfield, MA @ Comcast Center
    July 14 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
    July 15 - Darien, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
    July 16 - Hartford, CT @ Comcast Theater
    July 17 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
    July 19 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
    July 20 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Farm Bureau Live
    July 21 - Raleigh, NC @ Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion
    July 22 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
    July 23 - Atlanta, GA @ Aarons Amphitheater at Lakewood
    july 24 - Tampa, FL @ Midflorida Credit Union Amphitheater
    July 26 - Austin, TX @ Austin 360 Amphitheater
    July 27 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion
    July 28 - Englewood, CO @ Fiddler's Green Amphitheater
    Ridgefield, WA @ Sleep Country Amphitheater
    July 30 - George, WA @ George Amphitheater
    July 31 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
    August 2 - Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheater
    August 3 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

• No doubt the biggest band on Carnival of Sounds, Reported Failure is headlining the "Majestic Summer" tour which is playing the largest venues of any Carnival of Sounds Tour this year. The large venues allow the Sacramento, CA based quartet to show off their new, critically acclaimed album "Rome" off to thousands of people at a time. To support Reported Failure Carnival of Sounds has enlisted Ryan Williams's new indie-rock band PURE, legendary underground punk rockers The Harlots, and new face on the pop-punk/post-hardcore scene, Alex Simms. You can catch the Majestic Summer tour starting in July!

Rome Review

UserPostedImage
    thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    snap_itshannah on 17/06/2013(UTC)
    #124 Posted : 09 July 2013 05:59:41(UTC)

Three Brief Announcements

Next Single
    We're glad to announce that the nest single from "Rome" will be "Land and Sea" and it will be released this month.

Awards
    We're excited and thankful to be nominated for five Goldie Awards:
    Record of the Year (Lunar Utero)
    Song of the Year (Lunar Utero)
    Best Band
    Best Rock Album (Darkness)
    Best rock Song (Lunar Utero)
    Fans Choice Awards are also soon. We hope for a nice result there as well.

Darkness
    UserPostedImage
    A year and two days ago we released an album called Darkness. At the time we knew the album would change our careers but we weren't sure how. We now can look back and say that this album brought us to the level we are now and allowed us to make what we think is an even bigger, more magnificent album. Thank you to everyone who has supported us in the year since its release. If you dont already have the album you can download it for free this week.

Lots of love, Vin, Billie, Matt, and Robert

Edited by user 09 July 2013 06:00:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
    thanks 4 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    kandii on 09/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 12/07/2013(UTC)
    #125 Posted : 24 July 2013 10:43:50(UTC)

Land and Sea
    We're glad to be able to tell all of our fans that even though its almost seven minutes long, our new single "Land and Sea" has landed the #1 airplay slot this past week. It is out third single in a row to do this and sixth total. Thanks to all of the fans for their continued support. Catch us on the remainder of the Majestic Summer Tour. Stream the single and our sixth studio album "Rome" now.

UserPostedImage
    erich hess on 24/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/07/2013(UTC)
    Offline erich hess  
    #126 Posted : 24 July 2013 10:47:27(UTC)
    erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
    Man
    United States

Was thanked: 17997 time(s) in 10464 post(s)
    ooc:your stuff is always amazing. so amazing,i never want to ruin it with posting nonsense.
    UserPostedImage
    UserPostedImage
    "I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
    thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
    Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 24/07/2013(UTC)
    #127 Posted : 24 July 2013 10:53:08(UTC)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
    ooc:your stuff is always amazing. so amazing,i never want to ruin it with posting nonsense.

OOC: Thank you. Thanks a bunch. But please bring in your "nonsense" its incredibly fun!
    UserPostedImage
    erich hess on 24/07/2013(UTC)
    #128 Posted : 29 July 2013 10:18:21(UTC)

UserPostedImage
    UserPostedImage
    UserPostedImage
    UserPostedImage

Cool, right? THanks to everyone. Sorry we couldn't be at the awards. We were busy killing it at another night of the Majestic Summer tour

- Vin, Billie, Matt, and Robert
    UserPostedImage
    snap_itshannah on 29/07/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/07/2013(UTC)
    #129 Posted : 24 November 2013 06:16:09(UTC)

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 25 January 2014 14:16:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
    Offline snap_itshannah  
    #130 Posted : 24 November 2013 06:29:00(UTC)
    snap_itshannah

Woman
    United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
    Evangeline: Yay! And Happy Birthday, Billie! :D
    #131 Posted : 25 January 2014 14:14:58(UTC)

Billie Beckett: Open Letter
    UserPostedImage
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau

I will be brief. I have been a slaves. We have all been slaves. We are slaves to our surroundings. We are slaves to the ideas that we have learned or adopted out of convenience, or vanity. I speak of greed. I speak of materialism. I speak of separation and of discrimination. I speak of the ills preventing a man from reaching his true place of being.

Thus I must cast these aside. I reject the vices of an average life. I reject materialism. I will be rid of my possessions not necessary to survive. I reject greed. I will not pursue any more wealth than necessary to survive. I reject discrimination. I will fill my heart with love for strangers and try to even appreciate my enemies. I will seek to survive. For to merely survive is to know what it is to be alive.

My home is gone. Not gone but no longer mine own. My possessions gone. Not gone but given away. I keep a car, a guitar, clothing, a tent, and basic supplies. My money gone. Given to charity except that necessary to maintain a minimal life.

My life shall cease, so that my living may begin.

Sincerely, Billie Beckett
    UserPostedImage
    thanks 6 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    RoseJapanFan on 25/01/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/01/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/01/2014(UTC), Matticus on 27/01/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/01/2014(UTC)
    #132 Posted : 17 February 2014 11:13:03(UTC)

UserPostedImage
    UserPostedImage
    RoseJapanFan on 17/02/2014(UTC)
    #133 Posted : 03 July 2014 15:22:53(UTC)

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
    ;369464]
    "Rock and roll music - the music of freedom frightens people and unleashes all manner of conservative defense mechanisms." - Salman Rushdie

UserPostedImage

Reported Failure knows what Salman Rushdie means. Reported Failure fights. Reported Failure stretches what mainstream rock and roll is. We've seen it with their previous albums: "I Know You", a fight or flight response to being a teenager at the start of the new millennium; "Flux of the Run", a tragic examination of growing up and youthful idealism; "Disarm", a startling anti-war album from the midst of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars; "Post-Grunge Catastrophe", a powerful criticism of the rock scene; "Darkness", a huge comparison of personal downfalls and political downfalls; and finally "Rome", an epic examination of God, what it means to love, and how to find peace.

Amid fighting, Reported Failure has changed. Most recently Reported Failure nearly split up. Bille Beckett departed on a Chris McCandless style journey away from "modern society." The band seemed to be over, but they have opened up in the first Reported Failure interview in over two years.

My first question goes to everyone and it is simple. Why are you here?

Billie: The short answer. Because of the music. Because I have more to say.

Vin: Yeah. When Billie left we had no idea what would happen. The rest of us were sort of in limbo. We thought about other projects and we tried to move on because as time went on it looked unlikely that Billie would come back, but we have been so dedicated to this band nonstop for years that it was hard to find something else.

Matt: At the end of the day we really have no real world skills and we've been doing this long enough that its all we can do.
    Robert: And I've also been in other bands and done other things, but the greatest work of my career has been with these three guys and its hard to move on from that. For the months he was gone we all hoped Billie would come back.

Billie, I wont let you off that easy. We have to know, what happened when you were out on your own? What did you do?
    Billie: What did I do? I wandered. I slept. I met people. I played my guitar a little bit. I searched more for the answers to life's questions and I tried to get away from the things that I despise about this world. I dont know what more you want. Do you want to know where I went? I went wherever the world took me. Washington. I got over to Minnesota. I decided to go South. I got to Texas. That was all within the first couple of months. Well then I actually met this guy who was looking for volunteers for a charity project in Africa. So I joined him and I went to Africa for about a month.

You went to Africa?
    Billie: That's what I said. It was good. It was big. I found some of what I was looking for.

I guess, Billie, what I really want to ask is what happened to make you want to come back?
    Billie: There are moments in our lives where we think what is best os to forget everything. We think what we need is a clean slate and to start completely over. I thought that I had reached one of those moments. But when I was traveling and I saw so many different types of lifestyles and humanity, I realized that my purpose is not to be a martyr for my own malcontent. My purpose is to share what I see and what I feel. Reported Failure has been how I do that. I saw so many things that made me angry or made me happy and I realized that it was selfish of me to want to see these things only for my own benefit. I needed to say something to the world.

Billie Beckett looks a little bit different from before he left. He is thinner. he wasn't eating the diet of a modern american while he was away. His hair is largely the same. His demeanor is a bit more intense. He seems less casual. He has a new tattoo on his wrist. It is a vivid, psychedelic looking lion with the word "Babirye" printed on it. The rest of Reported Failure apears unchanged.

So how did you come back in to contact with the rest of the band?
    Billie: Well I got back from Africa and by the time my flight landed I knew I wanted to talk to these guys.

Matt: Billie called me up. It was maybe the middle of the afternoon. We all met up at Liberation Records later that day. There isn't much more to it. We hadn't talked to Billie since he left.

So did you decide right then to continue as a band?
    Vin: Yeah. We jammed a little too. This was only a week and and a half ago.

one question I'm sure most fans are wondering is whether this will be the same Reported Failure?
    Robert: I kind of feel like Reported Failure is always changing. I cant say whether from month to month we are ever the same Reported Failure.

Matt: Yeah. If you look at our past albums we've changed on each one. Our attitudes as we play live have changed. Our outlooks on the world have changed.

Billie: We're still the same four guys that have been in the band for awhile. But I've changed a lot even since our last album. Thematically anything we do is going to be very different from our recent work.

Vin: Yeah. I think also how anything we do sounds is related to what it is about. If the lyrics are angry the sound will be angry.

So have you already been in the studio?
    Vin: Yeah we actually booked the studio in Iceland where we recorded much of Rome as soon as we knew we wanted to continue to make music.

Wow. So how is your new material sounding?
    Billie: Heavy.

Matt: Heavy and loud as fuck. We've only layed down a couple of tracks but thats the general tone.

Vin: On Rome there wasn't really any crazy guitar work; it was more ambient based. That's going to change.

So would you say you're working on a new album?
    Vin: Maybe. We're considering changing how we release our music. We want to reach more people and abandon the traditional record label model.

Why's that?
    Billie: Because its supposed to be about the music. Even though I'm not isolating myself doesn't mean that what I wrote in my letter wasn't true. I'm not interested in supporting the greed that I see in the world. We want to make this music for the people and not for our own benefit or the benefit of a record label.

Well you're currently under contract with Studio60 Records. How do you plan to work this out?
    Vin: Well, were still just out of the gate after deciding to keep going so we haven't quite worked that out. We'd love to work with them because they've been a very kind label to us and they've given us creative freedom over our music. We now, however, also want some freedom over how our music is released.

Reported Failure is a forward looking band. I had a hundred questions about their previous work, but the band wanted to focus only on their most recent news and the future. They remain one of the most elusive contemporary bands. The questions of "Rome" will remain unanswered, but the band was surprisingly revealing about their futures and personal lives.

Billie, how has taking this leave from the world affected your relationships upon coming back?
    Billie: I'm still figuring that out. I'm not living in Santa Cruz anymore. I might see if I can get a small apartment in a more rural town. My son went back to Seattle with his mother. I'm going to see them later this week, but that is still a very rocky relationship and I do not know whether anything has changed in these past months for her. My mother was happy to see me. Nothing has really changed with my band-mates. I just feel like I have more inside of me now. I have more radical things to say, so I guess what might change the most is how fans and the world views me.

What exactly are some of the things you have to say?
    Billie: Well I said a lot of them in my letter. I'm going to say more of them with the music were working on. But I'm just very disenchanted with politics and social structure and expectations in the United States. I want to live in a country with a lessened income gap, one where discrimination based on race, or gender, or sexual orientation doesn't exist But even further I want to live where people dont define themselves by what they own or what socioeconomic class they fall in to, but by what they hold within themselves. Reported Failure has always been a little bit political, but I feel like our music is going to become more preachy than it has been before, and I dont know how people will react to that.

How much longer do you think you will be together as a band? Some of you have kids and spouses. How much longer is doing this feasible?
    Matt: Honestly, I think we're in this for the long haul.

Robert: I agree. We've faced so many things that should have meant the end of our band, but they didn't. I dont know what more we can face.

Vin: We're gonna be washed up and forgotten by the time we actually call it quits. Haha.

Take Arms Against a Sea of Troubles
    Lyrics: Billie Beckett
    Production: Vin Peters and Avil Hartman
    Length: 8:02

Come clean with the will of all sinners
    The sinners and slaves of the people who pray
    Who pray to a God who seems to leave us

Foraging for new consummation
    Contemplating the end of this battle between weak and strong
    The weak belong where they kiss the ring of the king
    But I do not belong

When we learn dont we learn to belong
    right or wrong its all about where we go
    And not what we love but who we know
    Well it breaks my heart to know you
    And to know where you belong

Break free from the path thats been laid
    Come make sense of how to misbehave
    If I am free am I still paid
    To pay attention to a dying way

Fighting to own the future
    Its all we've ever done
    And its all we have become
    Come clean of the bitch and run
    Reconcile your sins with the western sun
    Let the earth be free to everyone
    Or kill me now so at least its done
    I dont want to live without anyone
    This is all I want the men and women to come along

Come take arms
    Come take arms

I've seen so many men
    And I've seen men live
    I've seen them in the air and the water
    But I've also seen them die
    And when they scream
    They scream "Let me go now"
    It is a war
    Sometimes it is hell
    But for all the men I've seen
    Not one couldn't ask themselves once
    To be or not to be
    Again
    Again

Tone. A guitar amp turned on but nothing is playing. Just tone. It builds. Louder. Louder. Louder. It sings. Then it fades. Just as it fades bass quietly rings in building a strong rhythm. Guitar. In and out like a Morse code transmission. Just one note repeated. Shakers build a rhythm with the bass. The guitar builds and skips like a CD stuck on one high note. A low chord joins in all the while the bass thuds on. Voice of a god, Billie Beckett comes from nowhere. He sings as if a preacher and the guitar tone, shakers, bass, and erratic guitar notes are his pulpit. Guitar tones slowly build up as Beckett continues. Hi-hat. Robert Edwards joins the rest of the band. Slow but steady. Every sound is getting ready for something bigger. A slight silence as Billie stops singing. Bass and shakers. Then guitar. Vin Peters thrashes down on his guitar with rebellious tone for a few bars. Robert Edwards beats the drums and compliments Collins's bassline. Billie Beckett joins again. Powerful as always he sings sincerely. Random guitar tone. Four minutes in but Reported Failure is just getting started. Pause. Then crash, thrash, slam, wham, and every instrument goes full blast. Power chords and massive ambient tone. Huge bass, and drums to make anyone want to rock out. By the time Billie Beckett comes back loud and full soaring over the song, it is like the wrath of Reported Failure has been released to reign over the earth. He yells and screams as Vin Peters loses his mind. Screaming guitar. Hammering drum. Dominating bass. Beckett stops and the instruments continue on. Vin shreds the song up and down the neck of his guitar. The chords fade out. The drums slow down. The bass stops. The last screeches of the guitar close out the song.

Hope you are enjoying our latest song. We're hard at work (and a little play. Lets be honest its the same for us) in Iceland recording an album. Check out some lyrics we've got going.

Driving down the blue highways to this heaven of colorado
    It seems some days I think about the pasts ive seen
    Making out and picking fights waiting for the lights to go down
    Maybe I'm too young to care about the things I should live without in my life
    But I've seen many faces I've seen joy in all their eyes
    I've seen the sunlight pierce their veins when they just crack a smile
    I've seen the roads to washed up towns and the houses they lived in
    Babe I dont know if I can get over this American Nostalgia

Crossin' the mountains to California maybe the sun will never ever set
    These buildings stand resolute facing the oncoming sea
    Dont want to stop dont want to go these days I wish someone would know
    How maybe I'm dumb enough to believe in these lives I've never known
    Pick me up or put me down I'm just waiting to separate king from a crown
    And let the land be known for what it holds all on its own
    So maybe I'm stupid and naive but I really hope I still can see
    How these roads can lead me down this path to American nostalgia

Life and death aren't mine to own I dont even own this open road
    Some days I think I'm just waiting til it pulls me to one of the two
    Oh god save my life or save my soul I just think its odd how men go
    From life to life without stopping to see what they could know
    So let the landscape take me in and maybe I'll repeat history again
    And let the hills take me to a world I've never seen
    Play the right songs and the evening leads to foreverland far away
    And maybe I'll raise a glass to the good old day

So turn up a little Jackson Browne
    And we can drive this whole country around
    And see the things nobody sees anymore
    Take it in before it crumbles to dust
    All the peeled paint and every ounce of rust
    We can sing its eulogy from shore to shore

Maybe I'm too young to care about the things I should live without
    And maybe its dumb to crave a life I've never known
    But I've seen sun and I've seen rain and I dont think I'm so insane
    To want to see my world a different way
    UserPostedImage
    thanks 5 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    snap_itshannah on 03/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/07/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 03/07/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 04/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/07/2014(UTC)
    Offline C4AJoh  
    #134 Posted : 04 July 2014 20:52:38(UTC)
    C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
    Man
    United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8674 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
    Amy Meyer: Credit to you guys for still being relevant! It's great to see that you still have plenty left to say as a band and you continue to re-invent yourself. The lyrics you posted there are looking pretty awesome, the second set of lyrics are interesting, it feels very Americana, I'm hoping that is the direction you lean towards with your next record but whatever you go with, I'm sure will be amazing either way! :)
    thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
    Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 07/07/2014(UTC)
    #135 Posted : 07 July 2014 16:46:39(UTC)

Billie: Thanks Amy. We are going many different directions at once. Haha. Or at least that's how it feels. Americana is one of them.
    UserPostedImage
    #136 Posted : 26 July 2014 16:46:19(UTC)

ROME TOUR
    UserPostedImage
    August 9 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil @ Olympic Park
    August 10 Rio De Janeiro Brazil @ Olympic Park
    August 12 Cape Town, South Africa @ Cape Town Stadium
    August 13 Johannesburg, South Africa @ FNB Stadium
    August 15 Madrid, Spain @ Las Ventas
    August 16 Norwich, England @ UEA
    August 17 Paris, France @ La Cigale
    August 18 Cologne, Germany @ E-Werk
    August 20 Oslo, Norway @ Sentrum Scene
    August 21 Glasgow, Scotland @ SECC
    August 22 Manchester, England @ MEN Arena
    August 23 London, England @ Camden Dingwalls
    August 24 London, England @ The O2 Arena
    August 26 Paris, France @ Bercy Arena
    August 27 Cologne, Germany @ Lanxess Arena
    August 28 Rotterdam, Netherlands @ Ahoy Rotterdam
    August 29 Antwerp, Belgium @ Sportpaleis
    August 30 Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle
    August 31 Berlin, Germany @ O2 World
    September 2 reykjavik, iceland @ Harpa
    September 3 Reykjavik, Iceland @ Laugardalsvöllur National Stadium
    September 4 Los Angeles United States @ Club NOKIA

MORE DATES AND U.S. DATES TO BE ADDED SOON

With Guests

PENETRALIA
    UserPostedImage

And More

Tickets on sale now

Still looking for support (PM me)

Edited by user 26 July 2014 16:47:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
    thanks 3 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    snap_itshannah on 26/07/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2014(UTC)
    #137 Posted : 28 July 2014 08:08:01(UTC)

THE ROME TOUR
    UserPostedImage
    September 5 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theater
    September 6 San Jose, CA @ SAP Center
    September 7 San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
    September 9 Edmonton, Canada @ Rexall Place
    September 10 Calgary, Canada @ Scotiabank Saddledome
    September 11 Vancouver, Canada @ Rogers Arena
    September 12 Portland, Oregon @ Rose Garden
    September 13 Seattle, Washington @ Key Arena
    September 14 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 15 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 17 Porto, Portugal @ Dragão Stadium
    September 18 Madrid, Spain @ Vicente Calderón Stadium
    September 19 London, England @ Wembley Stadium
    September 20 London, England @ Wembley Stadium
    September 21 Liverpool, England @ The Cavern Club
    September 22 Manchester, Englad @ Etihad Stadium
    September 24 Nice, France @ Stade Charles-Ehrmann
    September 25 Turin, Italy @ Olympic Stadium
    September 26 Zurich, Switzerland @ Letzigrund
    September 27 Bogata, Colombia @ Estadio El Campin
    September 28 Lima, Peru @ Estadio Nacional
    September 30 Asuncion, Paraguay @ Jockey Club
    October 1 Santiago, Chile @ Estadio Nacional
    October 3 Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez
    October 4 Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez
    October 5 Montevideo, Uruguay @ Estadio Centenario
    October 6 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil @ Apoteose
    October 7 Sao Paulo, Brazil @ Palmeiras Arena
    October 9 New York City, NY @ Irving Plaza
    October 10 New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    October 11 New York City, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    October 12 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    October 13 Toronto, Canada @ Air Canada Centre
    October 14 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
    October 15 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
    October 16 Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theater
    October 17 Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
    October 18 Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
    October 19 Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
    October 21 Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong @ AsiaWorld Arena
    October 23 Bangalore, India @ Kanteerava Indoor Stadium
    October 24 New Delhi, India @ Indira Gandhi Arena
    October 25 New Delhi, India @ Indira Gandhi Arena
    October 26 Jakarta, Indonesia @ Mata Elang International Stadium
    October 28 Nagano, Japan @ M-Wave
    October 29 Osaka, Japan @ Namihaya Dome
    October 30 Saitama, Japan @ Saitama Super Arena
    October 31 Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome
    November 1 Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome
    November 3 Auckland, New Zealand @ Mount Smart Stadium
    November 4 Melbourne, Australia @ Etihad Stadium
    November 5 Sydney, Australia @ Allianz Stadium
    November 7 Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
    November 8 Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
    November 10 Albuqurque, NM @ Blackwater Music
    November 11 Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
    November 12 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
    November 14 Rome, Italy @ Stadio Olimpico
    November 15 Rome, Italy @ Stadio Olimpico

With

Penatralia

and

Vile Hour

and headliner

REPORTED FAILURE
    UserPostedImage
    snap_itshannah on 28/07/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 29/07/2014(UTC)
    #138 Posted : 03 August 2014 07:47:48(UTC)

Oryx Whitney (Lyrics)

Local bars and traffic
    Oh the city's so empty
    The city's so full of mobs and militias
    Packing their guns fight ambitious
    Wars over seas and wars over seas
    see the ideas and see what they mean
    We mean gas chambers and hot hot liquor
    The city feels fuller if we drink it quicker
    Men as cartoons dance like buffoons
    The arab spring and the bumble bee sting
    They travel in packs and herds of post modern
    Men and event with dying daughters
    What does it mean and what can we see
    The pleeblands wreak of you and me
    Dying on planes to wars over air
    With oxygen in our lungs were nearly there
    hash in our bagpipes and smoke in our eardrums
    I'll spread the lies if you all believe them
    Ages will change but faults stay the same
    And isn't it fucked up that no ones insane

But dont you want to fly away
    Fly away
    Fly away

Last night I made love to my friend Oryx Whitney
    On a rooftop in Berkeley my god it was pretty
    We got high in that gorgeous city
    Brunettes with cigarettes always get my pity
    The stone cold look of a dead woman is pretty
    All made up for the funeral I attend with Oryx Whitney
    And somebody said how she loved this cloudy city
    Brunettes in caskets always get my pity

I think I'm in love with my friend Oryx Whitney
    She thinks about death and just being with me
    And my god her timeless skin looks so pretty
    In the lights reflecting in the communist city
    The smoke from my pipe makes me so giddy
    As I pass the hours thinking of Oryx Whitney
    Her stone cold body drowns out the city
    In the night where the rain cant wash away my pity

Last night I made love to my friend Oryx Whitney
    On a rooftop in Berkeley my god it was pretty
    We got high in that gorgeous city
    Brunettes with cigarettes always get my pity
    Se says shes sad and she wants to be with me
    She cries in my shoulder as we walk in the city
    The sadness we smoke can make us feel giddy
    Brunettes in caskets always get my pity

Edited by user 03 August 2014 07:49:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
    thanks 4 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    snap_itshannah on 03/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 03/08/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 04/08/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/08/2014(UTC)
    #139 Posted : 26 March 2015 15:49:08(UTC)

UserPostedImage
    This is official:

Reported Failure will release their seventh album in April of this year.

"On our last album I think people were attached to the sense of yearning that the songs possessed. The beginning was very aggressive but then the middle was so melancholy and full of longing. So when we brought out everything we had on songs like 'Frosted Peaks' and 'Land and Sea' people got it and they felt those songs. Well that's all great. But we've grown now and we want to do it differently. On this album we just want to wreck shit and turn people on from start to finish." - Matt Collins

Check out the band's single "Sticks and Stones"

Quote:
    UserPostedImage
    Artist: Reported Failure
    Title: Sticks and Stones
    Release Date: December, 8th 2014
    Format: Digital
    Songwriter: Billie Beckett
    Producer: Vin Peters, Avil Hartman
    Label: Studio 60 Records
    Length: 5:33
    Genre: Hard Rock

"Sticks and Stones" is the first single from Reported Failure's upcoming album "Lie In" Coming after Reported Failure won great critical acclaim, four Goldie awards, and had a string of chart toppers in 2013, the single marks Reported Failure's return to the airwaves at a time when everyone knows who they are, and everyone knows to expect something big. With all the hype around their name, Reported Failure have downplayed their own brand in the album artwork which only bears the title and "RF" in the corner. A creamy red-pink, the artwork is of New York city, but it is almost unrecognizable, etched in to the background, almost crumbling. The artwork reveals where Reported Failure is as a band not quite ready to embrace their day and age. With modern technology and production at their disposal, Reported Failure still recorded "Sticks and Stones" with only bass, guitar, guitar, and vocals.

A reverberated guitar clangs a simple chord progression. It is slow and sad. A sneaky lead lick comes in with the lightest touch of "wah" effect on the guitar. Neither guitar parts take up too much space. They are waiting for something steadier to join them.

Roar. The bass comes in. Robert Edwards' drumming has always been so confident, and this song is no different. His beat grounds the jamming riffs of Peters and Collins in time with Beckett's chords. The overall effect becomes chilling when Beckett starts to sing in a soft tone. He sounds hopeless. All the while the powerful bass foreshadows the noise to come. Vin Peters' riff too is cunning, giving a sense that something is going on in the dense ambiance of the verse.

More voices. Billie is joined for a moment in his passion by the whole band. Stomp on the pedal board. The chorus kicks in to overdrive. What was building subtly in the background has come to a storm of noise as Billie screams the chorus. Reported Failure is coming in heavy and they aren't fucking around. Vin plays a sweet guitar riff over the noise. Matt slams his bass his hard as he can. Robert pounds his cymbals. In this wall of noise, the group loses their shit.

As quickly as it started it was gone. The original beat and riff return. Beckett sounds like he is adding more details to a manifesto. This time when the chorus comes Vin is screaming right along with Billie. The overall effect is a madness of heavy noise. This noise continues in to a post-chorus. A fiery tremolo picking joins the guitar thunder. About three and a half minutes in to the song, Reported Failure wont let up. The chords swell in overdrive. The noise reaches a critical mass.

"I want you baby in my bones/You make the castle and give the king a throne" sings Billie as the noise fades down. Edwards' drumming is unbelievable, holding the shifts from loud to quiet together tightly. Vin clicks his guitar. Matt's bass doesn't let up. Billie says "Heard the rain is coming, babe" just before the hurricane of fuzz filled guitar and screams and bass and epic drums return for a final time. But Beckett makes the end up the song over the last fading subtle fills from Edwards, and guitar chords. His tone on the outro is defeated, but vicious. Billie Beckett will not go down without a fight.

My lover has blue eyes
    Golden brown hair its flying everywhere and
    she'll take apart my heart
    She wants everything in love
    And love her from the start

My lovers hair isnt straight
    She lets it curl and fly about
    She makes the world go round
    And she is everything (the levee's breakin down...)
    She's in the castles and the towers

I need her
    My lover needs to lie down
    I cant help but feel
    She's gonna tear me up tonight

My lover wears her diamonds
    She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
    She's makes the world go around
    And she is everything (the rain is coming now)
    She's in the jets and all the highways

(We've been going so long)
    I need her
    (I've loved you so long)
    (We've known each other so long)
    I cant help but feel
    (We've been drowning so long)
    She's gonna tear me up tonight (I need somebody)

I want you baby in my bones
    You make castle and give the king a throne
    Cuz baby when the world leaves us alone
    Its about what you own. Its what you own

Well baby if you want you can rule my head
    You can be the princess in my bed
    I just want you to come when I sing
    I'll drink your honey and forget your sting
    I heard the rain is coming
    Heard the rain is coming
    babe

I need her
    I cant help but feel

Well you had caught me from the start
    You can take everything in my head
    You can have me you can tear me apart
    If you lie in my heart you can lie in my bed

But even tough now I've come off the throne
    All the stitches made have been unsown
    I've still got something left I own
    Got sticks and stones got sticks and stones

Billie Beckett's lover, or the lover of whomever the speaker of the song is supposed to be, me be beautiful, but there is something sinister about her. This woman who has a constant presence in the "highways" and comes with a "sting" seems to have inflicted an intense sorrow upon her man. She may be going to tear Billie up, but he finds solace in the fact that he still has "sticks and stones." The sense of despair and hopelessness throughout the song mixed with fury give the impression that his lover has won, but that something violent brews inside the man she has wronged.

The lover in "Sticks and Stones" is perhaps not a person at all. The fact that she "makes the world go around" suggests that Beckett is using the lover as a symbol. She is desirable clearly. She wears diamonds. She is a beautiful blonde haired blue eyed woman. But above all Beckett screams over and over "I need her." She is an addiction. "The levees breakin down" is uttered in the background at one point. In a refernce to Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks," Reported Failure are suggesting that the addiction to the "lover" has reached a tipping point. When the levee breaks, and as "the rain is coming" it seems that the possession of sticks and stones may be the only thing that could help save our poor friend.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 26 March 2015 16:10:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
    thanks 5 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
    snap_itshannah on 26/03/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 27/03/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/03/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/03/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/03/2015(UTC)
    Offline kandii  
    #140 Posted : 28 March 2015 02:30:46(UTC)
    kandii

Woman
    United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
    Allison: OH MY GOD YOU'RE BACK!!! YOU GUYS!!! I love this song, songs about obsession are always the best, especially when well written! ugh I can't wait for the album! April is about do be such a good month in music!!
    thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
    Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 28/03/2015(UTC)