logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#21 Posted : 08 May 2013 02:17:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
May 14th, 2013
'Lock Away And Hide'
The New Single From Jennifer Armstrong

UserPostedImage

7 Days Left!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 30 May 2014 07:49:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Join Jennifer Armstrong on June 28th for a special one night concert in NYC! Tickets go on sale next week.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/05/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 30/05/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#23 Posted : 30 May 2014 16:22:13(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Radio: I'm excited to see this Doll. Sounds lovely dear.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 07 September 2014 11:37:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Jimmy Fallon: "My next guest is a platinum selling recording artist who is performing her new single, 'Extra! Extra!' Please welcome to the stage, the one, the only, JENNIFER ARMSTRONG!!!"

9/5/14

As the camera pans to the stage, Jennifer is standing there, with her band behind her, dressed in all black attire. She had grown to wear darker clothing but that was just something she did now. She was wearing a black leather jacket and a black v neck underneath with black pants and shoes. Her hair was a dark blue with black still showing. It was the first performance on live television of her new song so she definitely wanted to do good. She had often been complimented on her live vocal abilities, but it had been a while since she had performed live. There were a few nerves running through her but she was pretty confident in her abilities. Once the piano intro started playing, she took on an entire new character. Those nerves were gone and she knew she had to deliver.

UserPostedImage

The full band kicks in as she sings the beginning ad-libs of the song, sweetly but loud enough for the audience to hear her. She smiles at them and bops her head, getting into the song and encouraging them to do the same. "Let's go!" She yells to them before singing into her microphone. She held it close to her lips but you could hear every word she was singing. The first verse, she was singing as she did on the record, a sweet and condescending voice that told the story of a girl who thought she had a great romance. All the time behind her, her band was accompanying her sound very much like the record but she always sounded better live. The guitarist set Jen up for the pre-chorus and then the keyboardist started trailing off and then they went into the chorus.

Da, da, da, da, da
Da, da, da, da, da
Ooooh, ooh

I never tried to judge you
Never brought up your demons
My faith was so restored in us
Couldn't tell me this wouldn't last
Finally felt I was on top
Gave myself another chance
Everything I did you took for granted
As if it I'd never check

Don't worry about me baby, I let you think I needed a hero
In the end losing you made me lose zero

She clapped her hands together to the beat, letting the crowd repeat after her as she held the microphone with one hand and the other holding the stand. Her vocals were clear and clean, crisp as well. She had just the right amount of raspiness and softness which didn't turn the audience off to hearing her sing. She moved on to the second verse, keeping her voice the same as before until she gets toward the end, adding a little more sass and bounce to the lyrics. She was very good at feeding off the crowd so even when she was just standing there, she managed to deliver some kind of stage presence.

UserPostedImage

Extra, Extra, I see you in the papers
I hope everyone learns about, just how you came between us
It's past too late, to try to keep it quiet
Before you start to twist my words, extra, extra

Extra, extra
Extra, extra

The truth has set me free
Words cannot begin to explain (Cannot begin to explain)
Moved on to bigger and better things
While you were too afraid
You'll brag about, to your friends about
How the joke was on me
But since you left, I occupied
Your place so easily, Ohhh!

I hope everyone learns about, just how you came between us (Oh yeah, yeah)
Before you start to twist my words, extra, extra (Extraaaa)

UserPostedImage

Once she gets into the bridge of the song, she decides to take this time to really flaunt her vocals, holding notes that people thought she couldn't anymore and giving it all she had. She had a powerful voice, probably one of the greatest of the young singing generation, and she was showing that tonight. It was the bridge which was the most vocally challenging and few could probably pull it off but Jen knew she could. She belted her way through it and then came to a stop, a whisper as she sang the line before the chorus and the music paused.

Your love, fragile
Don't know how long it's been since I smiled
What a mess you've become, I'm so in disgust
Oh the mighty have fallen

And don't worry about me baby, you did the best thing ever

UserPostedImage

She then smiled as the crowd cheered a little and she continued on with the song. "Let me hear you!" She yelled and then sang the chorus. She held her hand out to the side as she sang the chorus. She swayed a little, still keeping her vocals at the right level and then ended the song with a soft tone, smiling afterwards.

I hope everyone learns about, just how you came between us (Oh yeah, yeah)
Before you start to twist my words, extra, extra
Ohhh, extra, extra
Don't worry about me baby, extra, extra
(Don't worry about me baby, extra, extra)
Oooh
Extra, extra

"Thank you!"

Jimmy Fallon appears beside her.

"That was Jennifer Armstrong and her new single, 'Extra! Extra!' which is available on iTunes, make sure you purchase it. We'll be right back after the break!"

The studio audience claps as Jennifer and Jimmy carry on a conversation, hugging one another.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 07/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 07/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 07/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/09/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/12/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#25 Posted : 07 September 2014 11:52:44(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: Love this performance! As always your voice is something that amazes me about you! The blue hair is also cool, just love the whole essence of this performance!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#26 Posted : 07 September 2014 20:17:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Stephanie Fierce: Love this performance! As always your voice is something that amazes me about you! The blue hair is also cool, just love the whole essence of this performance!

Jennifer: Thanks Steph! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#27 Posted : 07 September 2014 21:29:42(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Amy: I think you're amazing! You're probably the one artist in the industry that has the widest range of music inside of them, you can do pop, ballads, electonic, rock, rnb and it's like insane! I do however want to hear you try your hand at death metal or gangsta rap, that would be a total treat, right? :D anyway, this performance was awesome as always, love the new song, love you and I'm like dying over how perfectly beautiful you look with the blue hair! #strongsterforlife!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#28 Posted : 07 September 2014 21:39:19(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Beautiful. You're like an inspiration to young girls everywhere. You're just that little but alternative and don't fit the typical pop clone mold, which is amazing. Loved your voice throughout this. Such power and confidence behind it. An amazing performance all over :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#29 Posted : 08 September 2014 00:27:32(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
erich:if you're like me,and i know i am. you basically put jimmy fallon on as an excuse to shoot another tv. what? its fun. anyways,i caught this and held off shooting the tv until you were done. thats the highest compliment in the land. you rocked that tune,and you rock that blue hair.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#30 Posted : 08 September 2014 05:52:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Amy: I think you're amazing! You're probably the one artist in the industry that has the widest range of music inside of them, you can do pop, ballads, electonic, rock, rnb and it's like insane! I do however want to hear you try your hand at death metal or gangsta rap, that would be a total treat, right? :D anyway, this performance was awesome as always, love the new song, love you and I'm like dying over how perfectly beautiful you look with the blue hair! #strongsterforlife!

Jennifer: Thanks, I think you're pretty amazing yourself :P I just love music and whatever genre it happens to be, it just happens. I like being outside the box sometimes haha. And thank you! I love this blue hair as well.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: Beautiful. You're like an inspiration to young girls everywhere. You're just that little but alternative and don't fit the typical pop clone mold, which is amazing. Loved your voice throughout this. Such power and confidence behind it. An amazing performance all over :)

Jennifer: Thank you Mrs. Merjos ;) I appreciate that so much, thank you! I really want to be that inspiration for young girls everywhere and show that you don't have to be a certain way or look a certain way to get respect and be successful. Thank you again :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
erich:if you're like me,and i know i am. you basically put jimmy fallon on as an excuse to shoot another tv. what? its fun. anyways,i caught this and held off shooting the tv until you were done. thats the highest compliment in the land. you rocked that tune,and you rock that blue hair.

Jennifer: Haha, he's not that bad :P Thank you, I'm glad you chose to stay around and thanks!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 08/09/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#31 Posted : 13 December 2014 03:18:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Released: December 12th, 2014
Length: 3:51
Genre: Christmas, Pop
Label: Studio60 Records
Format: Digital Download
Writer(s): Jennifer Armstrong, Sunny Monroe
Producer(s): Phil N.

"Our First Christmas Day" is a holiday song by Pop/Rock singer Jennifer Armstrong. The track comes a few weeks before Christmas but right on time as the holiday season gets underway. Produced by Phil N. and written by Jennifer Armstrong and Sunny Monroe, it's a joyful track about spending Christmas with your loved one for the very first time. With various instruments being used throughout the track, the song prominently incorporates a "Wall of Sound" treatment along with sleigh bells and bell chimes to resonate a holiday atmosphere. It is the first single to be released from her holiday EP which she s rumored to be releasing in the coming days. The song has been well received by critics who compare it to the holiday standard song, Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and praises how Jennifer "brings a similar side to Christmas that immediately draws you in and gets you ready for the holidays with its catchy lyrics and infectious beat" (Culture Uncut).

The song came to be during the end of September, when Jennifer teamed up with Sunny Monroe while working on her third album. She expressed she wanted to create a holiday track for the first time and then called producer Phil N, who is most noticeable for his work with Lily, Hayden, and various other artists in the industry. The two spent weeks in the studio, playing with different sounds until they decided on the "Wall of Sound" as used by former super producer Phil Spector. Their use of a big band gives the track a Jazzy vibe at times but it also gives an unrelenting feel of Christmas. Apart from the Wall of Sound, various other sounds, such as sleigh bells and bell chimes, are also prominently heard on the song, which features a saxophone solo on the bridge. Her strong vocals also take the lead as she sings with confidence and sass, something Jennifer is known for with all her tracks. Some other critics have even gone so far to say that the song embodies the new generation standard for Christmas songs and is one of the only tracks to really recapture the original smash Christmas track of Carey's track.

[Lyrics]

[Chorus]
There's only one thing that I want
And hopefully you're coming through that door
If not I'll stay awake
I hate when you're away
Magic, is in the air tonight
Surrounded in a haze of beautiful lights
It's just the perfect way
To spend our first Christmas Day

[Verse 1]
I know
This year will be the best
And every second and day
That leads up to you babe
No, I won't wish for snow
Because just you alone is the greatest wish I know
So hurry, I can't wait, tell me you're on your way
Then we can celebrate
Our first Christmas Day

[Chorus]
If not I'll stay awake
I hate when you're away

[Verse 2]
It seems like you've been gone too long
Just wanna have you home
Without you it'd be wrong
I still keep you in my heart
Cus everything I need
Won't be underneath the tree
Then we can celebrate
Our first Christmas Day

[Chorus]
If not I'll stay awake
I hate when you're away

Then we can celebrate
Our first Christmas Day

[Chorus]
And hopefully you're coming through that door (Through that door)
If not I'll stay awake
I hate when you're away
Surrounded in a haze of beautiful lights (On our first Christmas day)

Ooooooh, our first Christmas
Our first Christmas day, day

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 13 December 2014 03:19:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2014(UTC), Welat65 on 13/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/12/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#32 Posted : 13 December 2014 03:36:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: this is so cute and adorable....but,I think Dominic has Christmas this season. People like fucking, feelings be damned.

Nina: I think that's the kobayashi family motto,love.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#33 Posted : 13 December 2014 11:01:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: this is so cute and adorable....but,I think Dominic has Christmas this season. People like fucking, feelings be damned.

Nina: I think that's the kobayashi family motto,love.

Jennifer: Haha, I'm sorry. I didn't want to get that serious for Christmas :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#34 Posted : 28 June 2015 07:59:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
genocidal king on 28/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/06/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 28/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 02/07/2015(UTC)