logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2014 10:45:58(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
"So they married, but his heart didn't belong to her and she knews it, till she died and so his heart finally belong to her!"

Edited by user 26 June 2015 12:46:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
kandii on 08/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/06/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 09/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 14/06/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 13 June 2014 23:28:21(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

If you didn't attend the CosmosFest last weekend, you don't need to worry, we streamed Abie Lena's performance for you!

Abie Lena Concert at the Cosmos Fest

A piano riff introduces miss Abie’s performance, it repeats as the lights of the stage are being lighten up, from the floor to the top of it as it was ascending, then an orchestra of violinists comes along the piano riff making it sound theatrical and so the introduction of the song “Phoenix” is complete, with backing vocal harmonies and the orchestral sound. Abie comes walking from behind the stage but only her silhouette is seen, till she arrives at her microphone placed in a pedestal, she gives the crowd a warm welcoming smile and they give her back cheers and screams. She then begins to sing the haunting notes of the track, it is hypnotizing, and the whole crowd gets quiet to listen to Abie’s magnetic vocal performance. Abie is wearing a sleeveless nude color short dress, high heels and a short hair. It’s very impressive how short Abie is compared to other elements of the stage such as her band or any member of the orchestra behind her, yet she is classy and her voice transcends her physic appearance for such powerful high notes and emotional interpretation added to the theatrical concept of this song is such a smart start for Abie who’s been away off a stage ever since she toured at the “No Venues Tour” in 2013.
Coming right after is the new jazz, soft rock inspired track “Epitaph” and so Abie loses all of that theatrical gestures of the first song she performed, in this next one she is enjoying the vintage melodies and she sings it quite funny smiling to the crowd and boucing her body to the groove of the drums. The song obviously has a dark theme attached to its lyrics, but it is also ironic and acid and it seems that Abie understand her compositions so well that she uses her body to express the feelings of the song, the crowd is having a blast with her performance so far, when she ends the second track she catches her breath and talks with her fans for a few seconds.

- What a wonderful night to be with you guys. – Brief pause for cheers – I’m feeling you, it’s been sometime I haven’t seen you and I was so excited to perform for you again, it’s such a pleasure for me to be here tonight at such an amazing Festival like this. - another brief pause - They told me that you are all over 21, so I'm allowed to say "fuck, I'm at the Cosmos Fest!" - The Corwd cheers and Abie begins the next song.

The stage gets dark and the orchestra plays the introduction for the hit single “Dead For a Reason”, the crowd goes insane and the stage is lighten up quickly revealing Abie standing with her microphone in hands, no pedestal anymore. She walks from corner to corner of the stage, slowly smooth and sexy, because the song is quite sexy, the stage also receives a red light element which makes it look even sexier than it would look without the lights. Abie enjoys the performance again, she is a little fancier while singing it compared to the previous track, but she is smiling and waving her left hand to the crowd. she sings Tisha’s Jackson part of the music, as she did while she was touring last year, Abie doesn’t use so much visual effects, her concerts are focused on vocal performance, in her last album she did ventured herself with baroque pop and so she was accompanied by an orchestra while touring, but that was far the biggest visual aspect of her live concerts, usually it’s basically Abie, her band and a bunch of light effects. To the fans delight the following track is the smash hit “You make me die”, Abie almost can’t be heard, because the crowd sung the entire song with her and even louder than her, in the first chorus of the track Abie even pointed her microphone to the crowd and let them to sing it for her while she pressed her other hand on her heart in a kind gesture of love and complacency with her audience. The performance is such nostalgic for both Abie and her fans, because they all sing along with her and she seems touched by the beautiful love she is receiving from them.
For the next song Abie sits in a piano and all the lights are resumed to just light her sited on that piano. She begins to play an introduction melody of a song presented on her second studio album “Seasons”, the song is the homonymous track of that album, a few fans in the crowd recognize and as Abie plays that almost one minute and a half introduction melody they cheer for her briefly, till all the crowd gets quiet so Abie can poor all her solitude out.

UserPostedImage

The emotions emanated from the first lines of the song bring a lot of people in the crowd to tears, the song is extremely intimate and sad, although Abie learnt to handle her emotions so her vocal performance remains perfect, the level of interpretation of her own lyrics is the best part of her performance, she manages to play the piano the same time she sings the song, and she does that till the first chorus when an additional orchestral sound is added to the song, but its subtle and the crow dis already touched and enchanted by Abie and her huge vocal range and ability to transmit feelings and emotions through her performance. When she finished the song she takes a sip of water and briefly talks with the crowd, still sited on that piano.

- This song is one of my favorites of my entire repertoire, time will pass and I’ll still be singing and avidly feeling it. But let’s move on with the show, this next one I want you all beautiful fans to sing along with me.

Another fan favorite and smash hit, “Cold Spring” is quickly recognized due to its unmistakable piano riff, Abie knows her fan so much, the moment she starts to play she already smiles in reception of her fans love for her singing a remarkable song of her career. The crowd once again sing louder than Abie most of the song, so Abie can’t be heard in the choruses and even in the bridge of the song, she once again, points the microphone for her fans so they sing parts of the song alone. The original song sound more intimate than this live performance, because in the middle of it, the orchestra comes along with the original melodies and the song increases to something bigger and theatrical. This performance is also marked by Abie incredible high notes, she managed to raise her voice powerfully and without losing her breath, making the crowd cheer insanely. Despite the years of her debut, Abie still has a strong vocal range and she can still sing her old songs just like she used to do before.
After the performance the stage gets dark again and the orchestra takes control of the performance once more, the introduction of the track “Again” is played and so the stage is lighten up all in blue and Abe is standing behind the pedestal ready to please her fans with another theatrical breathtaking performance. It’s clearly Abie’s theatrical references when she sings her baroque pop songs, it’s almost if she was a character of a Broadway Spectacle. Her voice is once again the strong point of this performance, she manages to sing above the ascending melodies of the orchestra and her fans remain quiet listening to Abie’s powerful voice. In the end of the performance Abie holds a note for ten seconds and her fans go crazy for that. When she finishes it, they start clapping for her. She talks with them again.

- Thank you – she waits the clapping stop – Now I’m gonna get my guitar and go back to my folk roots. This is “The Same Tear”

UserPostedImage

“The Same Tear” is another smash hit that Abie can barely sing because of her fans loud voices, well she sings the whole performance this time, but her fans sing along with her as loud as her. The curious case in this performance is that Abie is actually playing the guitar of it and the whole stage receives a yellow / brown tone which reminds us the desert and so the western folk influence that Abie told her fans about. It’s also another praised performance because of Abie’s ability to transmit the feelings through her vocals, she is skilled musician, she writes and produces her music and she knows it so well that she dominates every note and every piece of her music. Right after the end of the performance she gives the guitar back to her stage assistants and she grabs the microphone off the pedestal to perform “No Love”
It is not a recognized track, but it did receive a music video last year although it was not released as a single. The structure of this song I quite simple, with piano and Abie’s vocal, but the best part of this performance is the switch on Abie’s mood and interpretation, she was only singing sad songs and now she is so ironic and acid and sexy at the same time, she has that ability to change her expressions as the song’s theme and “No love” is about a girl who loves her man’s money. Abie uses the stage on her favor, by walking through it as if she was seducing someone, she might be a classical singer but sometimes she has glimpse of sexiness and her fans seem to love those moments. Before the next song, she once again briefly spoke with her fans.

- Thank you so much for watching me perform for you guys, I had a blast tonight and I want to tell you that we're all gonna see us again really soon, my forth album is coming out in a couple of months and I hope I'll be touring the world and meeting you all great and amazing fans! but as for this last song I want to invite my musicians to get near me in this performance.

UserPostedImage

Abie’s band mates get near giving her an acoustic guitar, to perform the song “Beloved”. It is another track that received a music video last year without being released as a single. The band circles Abie with their instruments, only the drummer remained don his place, obviously and the orchestra too. This was quite a fun performance, Abie and her band mates jamming that Bossa Nova track. They all smile to each other and they play their instruments perfectly as Abis sings the lines of the beautiful track, such good is their chemistry. The crowd seem to enjoy the performance and when it ends Abie quickly leaves the stage with her acoustic guitar and her band mates kept playing the song’s melodies non-stop, for another two minutes, the crowd didn’t understand what was going on, but obviously they would amend the encore track with that continuous instrumentation, and it was taking another shape and sound, it was receiving a jazz influence and suddenly Abie was back without the acoustic guitar, but holding her microphone in hands to perform “Fake Plastic Life.
Another nostalgic moment of the night, Abie performing her very first single, bouncing her body to the jazz melodies of the song as if she was back at the 50’s, the crowd goes insane for her, she might look tired a little bit, but she didn’t fail on her vocals once again, she holds the high notes still manages to surprise her fans with the level of accuracy her vocals has to sound as like the recorded voice of the actual record. She ends the performance waving kisses to her fans and smiling for them as she leaves the stage and a rain of silver paper falls down on them.

Set List

1. Phoenix (Extended Intro)
2. Epitaph
3. Dead For a Reason
4. You make me die
5. Seasons
6. Cold Spring
7. Again
8. The Same Tear
9. No love
10. Beloved
Encore
11. Fake Plastic Life
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
kandii on 14/06/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 14/06/2014(UTC), Clampdown on 14/06/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2014 04:20:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Once, my mother told me that we all go to heaven when we die. I was only seven years old when she told me that and as the time was passing by, I was getting older, she would tell me that I would go to heaven if I follow the Lord’s path he shall be mercy of my soul and I would find a place in heaven when I die. I was born Christian and I was raised a Roman Catholic Apostolic, but the funny fact of all that is I that never believed in a real God. My story starts sad and it ends sad, there was no God in the middle of my transition, there was no heaven for my soul to rest, all that I was said my entire life was a lie but I confess I was not impressed, in fact I was aware of all the things I would face after the day I left that living life.
Everyone wish to be immortal, we live our lives trying to be remembered forever, that’s the real immortality and its funny, because I never wished to be immortal, but I am immortal, I live forever and that’s so painful and so wearing. But I cannot complain, it could be worse, despite I didn’t find a heaven, I did hear about hell, they say your biggest fear becomes your hell, I can’t even imagine what is like to eternally live in hell, but I can wonder, because I feel that I’m on the edge.
Sometimes I visit the old house I used to live, so I remember my mother, she was the closest thing I had I could call love, she was always teaching me and warning me, I was so naive to believe in her words, now I know that she suffered as much I did, she didn’t want that situation for my life, but there a thing in this world that I believe and that’s called fate. Unfortunately my fate was imperfect. I had to die to find the truth and now I have to live to handle that truth, the truth that hurts the soul, the truth that torments this eternal life.
I will tell you my story, the story of a ghost, of a forgotten spirit, that’s who I am now, don’t fear me, because I you cannot be as scared as I live my days, that I don’t even know if they’re actually days, such a mortal word.

My story starts when I’m immortal.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 24/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 29 July 2014 02:40:45(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

WHERE IMMORTALS LIVE

The official release of this song which was set as the lead single of Abie Lena's fourth studio album, finally see the sun! Despite the singles leaked three weeks ago and the plans to release it were scrapped, once the whole album was made available worldwide today, this track can be purchased and requested on radio starting now.
Abie did not make so much promo for this fourth album, but we can confirm that she is going to have a busy week ahead of her with the announcement of a worldwide tour and an interview for a famous TV channel. The album "The Grim History of Love" is available worldwide on ITunes and Amazon.com or as a physical CD and Vinyl on music stores. You can Stream the album by click in here.

Song: Where immortals live
Length: 5:42
Label: Studio 60
Genre: Dream Pop
Writer (s): Abie Lena, Lily Stuart
Producer (s): Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton

BACKGROUND

After touring at the No Venues tour last year, Abie took four months of vacations, where she was able to travel with her family around the world and completely be away from her work, but as she was traveling and enjoying some time off, she felt constantly inspired by the environment around her, so she kept writing texts. When she was, finally back to Brazil on her mom’s home, when she gathered all of those stories she wrote while traveling, to analyze them and find a purpose for them, that’s when the idea of making an album based on that story came up.
Abie called all her team back to Brazil, so they could work on some demos to show her record label what they think about the idea she just had of making a conceptual album. When they already had four demos written and recorded, Abie traveled with her manager to L.A. to present the song to Studio 60’s executives including the headmaster Gia-Rose Hilton. The reception towards Abie material was marvelous, Abie came back to Brazil to finish the demos, which took another three months to do so and finally she could go back to USA and fully work on the project.
The song where immortal lives was specially wrote to open the record as a synthesis of what was going to be the main theme of it. Abie and Lily Stuart wrote and composed the track entirely in a piano in the early stages of work of the album, so this track doesn’t have a demo as the other tracks of the record. Instantly, Gia-Rose was attach to this song, because of its epic proportions. Rick Rubin, Abie’s longtime producer who currently signed a deal with ElectroDeath Team production, now fully works for Abie, provided the guitars for the track. Abie Lena produced her vocal performance of the track herself. This is the first time she does a production job on one of her songs.
The song was choose to be the lead single of the project after it was finished and listened for the first time by Gia, Rick and Abie.

SONG DESCRIPTION

A crying electric guitar riff opens the track setting the melancholic mood of it. Right after comes Abie haunting vocals which reminds us her third record on hits like “You make me Die” or “Dead for a Reason”. One minute after the duet between Abie’s vocal and the surf rock electric guitar riff, the chorus of the track comes in full shape, with additional backing vocal, soprano’s notes and a slow-tempo drum. The chorus is made of four verses of two segments, the second segments adds another flavor to the track with violin, and it certainly makes it sound epic and melancholic. The second strophe goes just as the first and then another chorus comes and after it there’s an electric guitar solo that cries as much as Abie’s vocals.
After the solo, there’s a slowdown moment, where only Abie’s voice is heard accompanied by some effects such as eco and additional backing vocal, the song goes slowing down as it is reaching the end, Abie lowers her voice and so all the other elements of the track does as she does. Abie’s vocal performance is remarkable, but the melody of the song helps Abie soprano’s note to sound more reliable and melancholic. There’s not much of high notes on the track, but it has some personality and obviously a tremendous level of emotion evolved on her timber.
Theme of the track deals with the main character of the story behind the concept of the album. It is about transcending to a life after death and still grieving for a love left behind, but it’s obviously not a good love, the character of the song is actually feeling relief of being away of all that hate and negative feelings that love brought to her when she was alive. Also there’s some allusions to whether or not this person, now dead, it’s a spirit or something else.
The main story of the record will come attached to it.

LYRICS

For so much time I searched
Something that would break this curse
Something I could trust
And so I failed and I fell in my own lust

When I had flesh
And love was subdued
Nothing was free, not even me
And neither you

But now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

Hurts to know there’s no coming back
Torments my soul that you’re still there
You’re the remnant, the glimpse of penance
I had to see when you left me

Now, At night you pray
For someone to take my remembrance away
Darling, I didn’t want no other place
From you, just far away

And even if I could
Touch the ground
I would despise you
And your love unsound

‘Cause now I can fly away
Beyond the suffering
Where humans can’t breathe
Where immortals live

You’ll meet me
In your restless dreams
When you’re open and fragile
And no air is in your lungs

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 25 September 2014 05:06:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/07/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/07/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 31/07/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 01 August 2014 13:33:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Stunning lyrics here and really depressing song but it's of high quality. Great work!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#6 Posted : 04 August 2014 21:51:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Abie Lena
Where Immortal Lives
Album: The Grim History of Love
Directed by: Jonas Akerlund
Studio 60

There’s a beautiful wedding happening in this marvelous Gothic Cathedral, the bride wearing a white dress with a long veil and the groom wearing a black tuxedo, both just said the word “yes” as they turn to each other, the bride which comes to be Abie, smiles at her lover with tearful eyes, clearly imagining to live the rest of her life beside that man, but that doesn’t seem to be the same thing the groom is reflecting with his face expression, he looks sad and a little bit sorry for doing that.

The scene changes to a desert beach in the twilight, with blue tones and Abie walking in the sands of this beach singing the song’s lyrics, this is the only scene where Abie actually lip-sync the song’s lyrics, which appears frequently throughout the video interspersing with the story line scenes.

After the wedding scene, the life of that couple has kept monotone and routinely, this scene shows Abie cooking for her husband and her kids as he arrives home after a day working, he sits at the table and they have a quite normal dinner time, all together. Abie still looks in love of that man and he still looks like he didn’t want to be in that place, later the scene changes to the family watching TV, Abie leaning on her man’s chest and her two kids next them in the second sofa of the living room, as Abie looks to her man eyes, she knows he’s not thinking about her, and suddenly his phone rings and he leaves the room with a big smile on his face leaving Abie alone with their kids. Abie knows his cheating on her.

Another brief interspersing with the beach scene and the couple life storyline resumes back again, now they all look a bit older than they looked in the beginning of the video, Abie and her husband are arguing and the song stops right at that moment when she orders him to leave the house, as he leaves and knocks the door strongly, a portrait of Abie, her husband and their two now young adult kids, falls on the ground. Abie lies on the ground crying holding the portrait on her hands.

The music resumes after the dramatic scene and now Abie husband is laid in bed with another woman, as she sleeps, he’s looking at the roof of the bedroom he is with that another woman, she suddenly awakes and she looks at him also knowing that he’s thinking about Abie. He looks older than what he looked when he was arguing with Abie, it certainly represents that a lot of time has passed since that scene, the camera also shows a portrait of himself and his two now adult kids, Abie is not in this portrait anymore.

Abie once again appears in the beach, but this time the scene is longer than before, Abie is heading to a pier, where a boat is waiting for her, she kept singing the song lines as she gets near that boat, it represents her journey to the other side, she is dead obviously, but it’s not revealed when she died, she embarks on the boat and they disappear in the fog, Abie was leaving that mortal word. The song is finished.

But the video didn’t end, at the same time Abie is disappearing into that fog, there’s a scene of an old Abie laid in a hospital bed surrounded by her now adult kids, as they wait the cardiac monitor stops.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/08/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 05 August 2014 14:16:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: My heart :( What a beauuuutiful video Abie!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 06/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#8 Posted : 07 August 2014 05:24:57(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Inside the Record

...Journey to the Fourth Album...

“When I was hired by Studio60 and we were starting to work on my debut album, I remember that I spent three months taking singing classes because the songs we were going to record were extremely vocal. They would require from me, breathe control and a lot of other things that I was not used to do, because I was an inexperienced singer. So it’s safe to say that the first album was made to make an impression on people because of its powerful vocal performances. At tour I had some issues performing those songs live, because they were really loud and I would often lose my breath or I ended up hoarse, we consider this fact while we were making my second album “Seasons”. Obviously for an artist that achieved success with its debut, the second album might be a defining moment for its career too, you will either failure or succeed depending on the quality of that work and we had that in mind, so “Seasons” were a deeper album, personal and raw, I would still perform powerful vocals but mainly people would focus on its lyrical content, I was stripped down with those personal lyrics. Then I got sick and I found an opportunity to make a third record out of my miserable situation. “The End Starts Now” brings elements from “Love and Heartbreak” and “Seasons” but it goes beyond what I was used to do, if you analyze its music. So I like to call it the experimental album, I was safe to sing jazz and soul, but what if I add some baroque pop and indie pop elements to it? It was a Gia-Rose idea and she was damn right. So you ask me now, how can I classify “The Grim History of Love”, well I tell you that this album is about the artistry, that’s the reason we didn’t plan a big promotion schedule for it, it’s for the diehard fans who wanted to listen to highly produced music. The idea behind it was to make it classical, epic in a way that people would never forget it. I was able to exercise my skills as an artist, I had time to really study the nuances of each song we were creating and to find reasons for them that would cross my private world, so it does not have the feeling that it is so personal as my other projects were, this is more worldly wide. I was told that the fourth record for an artist, it’s when he or she can really make the music they always dreamed to.”

...Inspiration...

“I worked for three years in a row, till I finished the ‘No Venues Tour’ and I was able to take some vacations with my mom and sister. We were planning this trip to the Far East for a long time but we were never able to do it, because of contract demands and other personal issues, but we finally could and it was a life changing experience for all of us. We first traveled to India and that is one of the most spiritual places on earth, the sense of religion on people who lives there is bigger than anyone I had seen before, they really believe in their gods and I saw some of their philosophies save people from drugs and depression, just by teaching them meditation, so they’ll feel connected to their spirit. I learnt a lot while we were there and I also questioned myself a lot, because one of the first stages of self-recognition is questioning yourself and I can tell you that my beliefs changed, one of the reasons this album is about life after death or karma, it’s because of this experience. I plan to comeback one day really soon, perhaps after I tour. It would be a dream come true to take the tour there, even though my music won’t be much appreciated there.”

...Creating a Conceptual Album...

“You organize and plan a vacation, you tell your managers and your team that you won’t be making music anytime soon and suddenly you only traveled three months and you’re back in a studio with everyone else recording a fourth album. It was sort of what happened with me. I came back from that trip with the concept for this album in my mind, I needed to express those ideas on paper, so the moment I got home I started to write like crazy. I wrote like twenty tracks in two months. They all came out so easily, it was me the piano and the scores until I brought someone outside in.
I met Rick Rubin when I was making my debut album, he was a sound engineer and a producer of folk music. We have this connection of father and sister in music, because I attend all of his demands when he’s producing me, it’s like if he was my father telling me to not drop the milk on table and I say, yes sir. So the work with him it’s easy. Because I’m hard, you know, I like to keep my music under my control, but I let go when he’s in the room. We re-worked on all of those twenty songs I wrote and they were not twenty songs anymore, they fifteen. I never thought it was kind of easy to make a conceptual album, we have seen some amazing conceptual albums out there, like Reported Failure’s Rome and by the level of production and quality of that material, I always have the sense that it would be impossible for me to dedicate myself and make a conceptual album, but this album came out so easily like any other album I have made. By the time we had all the fifteen demo recorded, it was time to bring the idea for the record label. I was not scared, the first time I would show a demo track and I was not scared or afraid they would reject, because I was so certain that it was the right way to take my career and they all loved it. We showed them four track among them ‘I’m sad’ which was supposed to be the first single of this album if Gia hadn’t come up with the idea of making ‘Where Immortals Live’. Obviously Gia knows what she’s doing, and she’s being taking care of my career ever since I started out, we have this ‘trust’ in one another. I was gifted by Studio 60 to become the executive producer of the album, that’s why I didn’t want to bring so many producers, I really wanted to have everything under my control and I think I made it, only people that I admire and love worked on it, so I can say that even though the album themes are not my life, I do feel so close to it.”

...The New Sound...

“We added so many flavors to the songs of this album, there is the jazz, old soul music that I always loved and what made me recognized worldwide. There is pop rock and folk which by the way is a genre that I always enjoyed listening and at last there’s the sound we worked on my third album, baroque pop, orchestral pop, I like how dramatic they all sound, how theatrical, I wonder if is there any Broadway producer who’ll make of this album a spectacle. It would so flatter to watch it. Too much for my ego, but I like the way it ended, we worked so hard and it was such a pleasure to add all of these elements and see the final product as it is, ‘cause it might sound depressive, well that’s actually how my work sounds, but it is quite epic too and there’re very subtle textures added throughout it which can be heard even better if you wear headphones, turning the experience really pleasurable in my perception. I wanted this to really take its listeners to the story behind the melodies, the story told on those lyrics, I think we’ve accomplished that.”

...The New Writing...

“The storyline behind the lyrics of the songs are just as they really are. I mean, it’s easy to follow the story and what happens with the characters of the story, because the lyrics are explicitly telling the story. People won’t need to pay too much attention on the inner lines of the tracks because there is no other meaning behind the lyrics if not the story created and imagined for the concept behind this album and we wanted to be that way, because conceptual albums must tell a story and the way the melodies work so well one after the other, so the lyrics and the story should flow as well. The only song that does not follows the line of the story is actually the first one, because it was meant to be that way, it’s a summary for what the fans would get to listen to in the rest of the album. There’s even an epilogue, which sort of completes “Where Immortals Live” adding that after everything that happen, the characters still feels and remembers the suffering that went through. Obviously we only can imagine a love story like that, because we don’t know in fact if there is a heaven, or purgatory or hell, it’s up to us to believe in such things, but I like that it does talks about life and love after that because I believe in that.”

...by Abie

Stream “The Grim History of Love” Click Here
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 07/08/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 16 August 2014 05:41:36(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Jimmy: Our next is a multi-platinum singer songwriter who sold over 20 million copies worldwide and she’s here to sing songs for her new album “The Grim History of Love”, ladies and gentlemen give it up for Abie Lena!

The stage is completely dark, till a soft lullaby piano melody breaks the crowd cheers and in the back of the dark stage a Moon starts to grow slowly as the melodies takes over the entire room. It’s sad and its mysterious, the dark stage is being illuminated as that big moon turn from a new moon to a full moon and the excitement of the fans on the crowd, grows bigger, till the moon is full form shining through that darkness and Abie comes walking slowly from the back of the stage, wearing black dress and bringing with her a guitar, she comes smiling as the piano melodies seems to be approaching its climax and final riffs, Abie finally arrives in the edge of the stage, behind a pedestal and once the piano intro is over, she plays the first electric guitar riffs for the song “Where Immortals Live”, the crowd screams loud.
The pocket show is consistent and visually stunning, which is a step forward for a regular Abie Lena concert, it seems that for this era she brought a big led screen on stage to add extra visual aspects for her always heartbreaking and stunning vocal performances. Another addition is that now she plays several instruments, despite this special pocket show has only four songs performed, Abie played electric guitar in the first two tracks, she switched off to an acoustic guitar and later she sit in a classic Grand Piano. The concert looks and sounds theatrical and dramatic, not that Abie wasn’t being that way on her previous concerts, but for this era, and we believe that’s because of the conceptual album she made, the environment onstage was arranged and built to express the story behind the songs that she’s performing, there’s also an orchestra of ten people, which we were allowed to see before when she performed at the Cosmos Festival.
There’s a new visual aspect for each song Abie performed, she obviously started out the concert with the epic yet desolated “Where Immortals Live”, for that performance, we’re allowed to see the transformation of night into day, the lights of the stage and the moon on its background simulates a breaking dawn, and this transition keeps happening throughout the performance of the track. The second one comes to be “The Break Up” and the sky is not there anymore, instead there’s a big green forest that’s being burned and it burns down until there’s only ashes left, when all of those ashes seems to be falling above the crowd (glitter) the scene reveals that in the middle of those burned trees, a rose is still alive and so Abie stands her arms to the crowd and rose petals falls above them. Moving on we have “Something Before” and for the visual aspects of this performance, there’s a scene of a desert showing the wind blow the sands away, for the last track of the pocket show “Lost in Hell”, the transition of the ‘day’ now turning into night again, so the bright blue sky will turn into a big night with a big new moon, in a sense of finishing the concert.
Abie proves to be better than she ever was, she manages to play the instruments and keep her voice under control even though the amount of emotion she puts on her vocal performances make some fans on the crowd break into tears, especially when she performs “Something Before”. Other fact that makes the pocket concert a moment to remember is that Abie proves that she is not a genre classified singer, because she performs to classical baroque pop to rock pop and she looks perfect in all aspects on both extreme sides. The best vocal performance of the night comes to be “Lost In Hell” because the classical piano riff is extremely hard to be played and even harder to sing the same time you play and Abie does it marvelously. The most charismatic performance of the night is “Something Before” probably because e of this song being virtually spiritual and hopeful and Abie makes a speech before she sings it which she declares her love for her fans by saying:
“Growing up in a family with a big star never was a challenge for me although I never understood why my sister dedicated to much time of her personal life for her fans, I was always somehow selfish and I always thought that I would never be like her if someday I would become a successful singer. Well four years has passed and I’m here singing for you and I can tell that I didn’t want to be in no other place but here! It’s crazy how much I’ve changed, but it’s because of the love that you gave me that I changed my mind. It couldn’t be any other way than what it is today, I love playing for you! I love being with you, I love you!”
The performance gained and extra level of emotion after Abie’s warming declaration of love for her fans. But it was the only moment that she actually talked with them until she said goodbye in the last performance of the night. If that’s a glimpse of what we’re going to see on Abie’s upcoming tour then it would be a worth spectacle for our money, Abie is one of the best artists of this generation in all aspects, on recording and writing music, on performing and most important on keeping her privacy. Don’t forget to keep an eye on Abie’s website for the official announcement of her world tour in the next days.

Set List

1 - Where Immortals Live (Extended Intro)
2 - The Break Up
3 - Something Before
4 - Lost In Hell

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 6 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 16/08/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 16/08/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 16/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/08/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 17 August 2014 08:08:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: THIS DEFINITELY deserves more attention. You are such a consistent RPer here and this is great as well. You always give great descriptions on not only your songs and videos but you're performances as well. I can literally visualize the performances, especially it's intro and ending, I love the buildup the intro has and the emotional ending. Good work!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#11 Posted : 17 August 2014 08:45:48(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
OOC: Great work! I would love to write performances as good as you!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 17/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 18 August 2014 00:34:39(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: THIS DEFINITELY deserves more attention. You are such a consistent RPer here and this is great as well. You always give great descriptions on not only your songs and videos but you're performances as well. I can literally visualize the performances, especially it's intro and ending, I love the buildup the intro has and the emotional ending. Good work!

OOC: I actually don't care of how many responses I get with my RPs, but I really appreciate your comments Jaime, thanks for always being so supportive with the things I write, it really means a lot to me ;)

Originally Posted by: Realms Of Darkness Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great work! I would love to write performances as good as you!

OOC: I'm sure you can write performances even better than me ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 18 August 2014 01:32:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Abie Lena is going to embark in an extensive world tour in support of her fourth studio album. The tour is called “The Immortals Tour” and it is expected to be a quite elaborated and glamorous spectacle, different from the simple style that Abie was used to perform on her previous tours. This will also mark the first headline world tour by Abie, last year she co-headline the No Venues tour, so the excitement of the fans is big as Abie is ready to stablish herself as an icon of the pop music. The tour will kick off in Canada (North America) going thought the US and later in Mexico, then Abie travels to Oceania for a quite extensive round of concerts. 2015 is going to be Europe, Asia and South America totalizing in 80 dates. The venues are going to be Arenas, but in some countries, such as Brazil and Japan, Abie will perform in stadiums. Bianca Moretti is going to be opening for Abie during the North American and Oceania legs of the tour, more opening acts are going to be announced as the tour approaches its kick off date. Tickets are on sale right now, on ticketmaster.com, Studio60.com, AbieLena.com, go and grab yours while they are still available.

North America
Openning Act: Bianca Moretti

September 9, 2014 ;; Vancouver, Canada - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
September 10, 2014 ;; Vancouver, Canada - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena
September 12, 2014 ;; Portland, United States - Moda Center
September 13, 2014 ;; Tacoma, United States - Tacoma Dome
September 16, 2014 ;; Anaheim, United States - Honda Center
September 17, 2014 ;; Anaheim, United States - Honda Center
September 19, 2014 ;; Los Angeles, United States - Staples Center
September 20, 2014 ;; Los Angeles, United States - Staples Center
September 22, 2014 ;; San Jose, United States - SAP Center
September 23, 2014 ;; San Jose, United States - SAP Center
September 25, 2014 ;; Glendale, United States - Jobing.com Arena
September 26, 2014 ;; Las Vegas, United States - MGM Grand Garden Arena
September 29, 2014 ;; Salt Lake City, United States - EnergySolutions Arena
September 30, 2014 ;; Denver, United States - Pepsi Center
October 2, 2014 ;; Dallas, United States - American Airlines Center
October 3, 2014 ;; Dallas, United States - American Airlines Center
October 5, 2014 ;; Memphis, United States - FedExForum
October 6, 2014 ;; Tulsa, United States - BOK Center
October 8, 2014 ;; New Orleans, United States - New Orleans Arena
October 10, 2014 ;; Houston, United States - Toyota Center
October 11, 2014 ;; Houston, United States - Toyota Center
October 14, 2014 ;; Monterrey, Mexico - Arena Monterrey
October 15, 2014 ;; Monterrey, Mexico - Arena Monterrey
October 17, 2014 ;; Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio de los Deportes
October 18, 2014 ;; Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio de los Deportes

Oceania
Openning Act: Bianca Moretti

November 7, 2014 ;; Perth, Australia - Perth Arena
November 8, 2014 ; Perth, Australia - Perth Arena
November 11, 2014 ;; Adelaide, Australia - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
November 12, 2014 ;; Adelaide, Australia - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
November 14, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
November 15, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
November 18, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
November 19, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
November 21, 2014 ;; Sydney , Australia - Allphones Arena
November 22, 2014 ;; Sydney , Australia - Allphones Arena
November 24, 2014 ;; Sydney , Australia - Allphones Arena
November 25, 2014 ;; Sydney , Australia - Allphones Arena
November 27, 2014 ;; Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
November 28, 2014 ;; Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
November 30, 2014 ;; Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
December 1, 2014 ;; Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
December 4, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
December 6, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
December 7, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
December 10, 2014 ;; Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
December 12, 2014 ;; Sydney, Australia - Allphones Arena
December 13, 2014 ;; Sydney, Australia - Allphones Arena
December 15, 2014 ;; Brisbane, Australia - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
December 19, 2014 ;; Auckland ;; New Zealand ;; Vector Arena
December 20, 2014 ;; Auckland ;; New Zealand ;; Vector Arena

Europe

February 16, 2015 ;; Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi
February 17, 2015 ;; Montpellier, France - Park&Suites Arena
February 20, 2015 ;; Lyon, France - Halle Tony Garnier
February 21, 2015 ;; Milan, Italy - Mediolanum Forum
February 23, 2015 ;; Prague, Czech Republic - O2 Arena
February 24, 2015 ;; Kraków, Poland - Kraków Arena
February 26, 2015 ;; Vienna, Austria - Wiener Stadthalle
February 27, 2015 ;; Bratislava, Slovakia - Ondrej Nepela Arena
March 1, 2015 ;; Zürich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion
March 2, 2015 ;; Munich, Germany - Olympiahalle
March 4, 2015 ;; Antwerp, Belgium - Sportpaleis
March 5, 2015 ;; Cologne, Germany - Lanxess Arena
March 7, 2015 ;; Herning, Denmark - Jyske Bank Boxen
March 9, 2015 ;; Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome
March 12, 2015 ;; Hamburg, Germany - O2 World Hamburg
March 13, 2015 ;; Berlin, Germany - O2 World Berlin
March 15, 2015 ;; Riga, Latvia - Arena Riga
March 18, 2015 ;; Helsinki, Finland - Hartwall Arena
March 20, 2015 ;; Oslo, Norway - Telenor Arena
March 22, 2015 ;; Stockholm, Sweden - Ericsson Globe

Asia

May 15, 2015 ;; Tokyo, Japan - Chiba Marine Stadium
May 16, 2015 ;; Tokyo, Japan - Chiba Marine Stadium
May 22, 2015 ;; Seoul, South Korea - Olympic Stadium

South America

June 5, 2012 ;; Bogotá, Colombia - Estadio Nemesio Camacho El Campín
June 6, 2012 ;; Rio de Janeiro, Brazi - Parque dos Atletas
June 12, 2012 ;; São Paulo, Brazil - Estádio do Morumbi
June 13, 2012 ;; Porto Alegre, Brazil - FIERGS Parking Lot
June 19, 2012 ;; Buenos Aires, Argentina - River Plate Stadium
June 20, 2012 ;; Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos
June 25, 2012 ;; Lima, Peru - Estadio Universidad San Marcos
June 26, 2012 ;; Asunción, Paraguay - Jockey Club
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 18/08/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 18/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/09/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#14 Posted : 18 August 2014 01:45:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: That Jimmy Kimmel performance was uh-mazing, if I didn't have a reason to go to the tour, I do now! Great job and can't wait to catch you at one of the LA shows. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 18/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#15 Posted : 21 August 2014 04:51:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: That Jimmy Kimmel performance was uh-mazing, if I didn't have a reason to go to the tour, I do now! Great job and can't wait to catch you at one of the LA shows. :)

Abie: Thank you Nadia, it'll be so great to see you in one of the LA shows. ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#16 Posted : 02 September 2014 03:02:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

New Single Allert!

UserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 02/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 03 September 2014 23:42:41(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

THE BREAK UP

"The Break Up" is a song recorded by Brazilian singer Abie Lena for her fourth studio album, The Grim History of Love. It was written by Abie and her sister Magie Lena and Lilly Stuart, while the song was produced by Rick Rubin and co-produced by Abie and Gia-Rose Hilton. The song was chosen as the second single from the album by Studio 60. "The Break Up" is a indie pop fusion with jazz which draws influence from classical power ballads of 1980s. Lyrically, the song is built around a conversation where someone is breaking up its relationship due to a betrayal.
A musical departure from its pop opera predecessor, "Where Immortals Live", the song received positive reviews from music critics, and other audiences in general, who noted Abie "surprisingly breathy sexy" vocals. Abie’s fourth album performed weakly in official charts, despite peaking at number 2 on The Golden 15 it only sold a little over 80K copies in its first week, it increased its sales but yet it did not reached the same success that Abie’s previous album achieved, mostly because the whole album leaked almost one month earlier of its release date.. The music video for "The Break Up" was directed by Joseph Kahn and will be released in September 13th. Abie is going to embark in a world tour kicking off in September 9th at Canada, the tour is called “The Immortals World Tour” and features special guests as Bianca Moretti.

Produced by: Rick Rubin, Abie Lena, Gia-Rose Hilton
Written by: Abie Lena, Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena
Genre: Indie pop, rock, jazz
Published by Studio 60

BACKGROUND AND PRODUCTION

In May 2014, Lena revealed through Twitter that she "was working on her fourth studio album" with Rick Rubin which was later revealed to be a Conceptual Album. In July 2014, it was announced that the album’s lead single would be a special track produced to be a lead single called “Where Immortals Live”, after the leak of the song, reports made clear that another track would be released instead regarding the leak of the first planned lead single, rumors that this track was “The Break Up”. However they kept the plans and released the first planned lead single. The plan to release “The Break Up” as a single was postponed and now revealed as the official second single of the conceptual album.
"The Break Up" is an indie pop fusion with jazz and elements of pop rock, which Lena described as "not an ordinary break up track, because even though I have a couple of songs written with this theme, the aspects of this one is a little more upbeat than any other track that I’ve written." Produced by Rick Rubin, Abie Lena and Gia-Rose Hilton, the instrumentation infuses a 808 drum sequence, bluesy guitar riffs and an 80’s power ballads sensibility in other instrumentation of the track. Abie was responsible for the vocal production herself, first time she ever produced her own vocals with total artistic freedom gained by her record label. Rick produced the main instrumentation of the track but Gia-Rose added her “commercial touch to the track, making approachable and radio-friendly” as mentioned by Abie.
Lyrically, the song follows the story of the main character called “Ghost” while it was alive and had its big break up. The song starts with Lena singing, "I finally figured out / although I was already flouted / you were my dearest doubt". Abie’s vocals are surprisingly sexy and warm, she almost whispers at some parts. Regarding the lyrics, Rick Rubin said "it's Lena’s most impersonal song in quite some time. In fact, almost every track of this album has no connection to Abie’s personal life, because we literally were writing music based on the story we created towards the conception of this project." The song pays reference to Abie previous works, especially her early debut album and her very first single “Fake Plastic Life” which was pop and jazz fusion. Abie has told that despite this record bears a conceptual story; it also summarizes Abie’s artistic work up until now, by adding all the elements and genres of music that she worked before on her previous albums.

LYRICS

I finally figured out
Although I was already flouted, you were my dearest doubt
Now it’s time, to start again
But this time you’re not in my plans
I’ve grown I’ve changed

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a fool
But love is not always blind and this is my statement

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be fine, I’ll be good
I’ll be safe, I’ll be good
I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

If this all mean, we don’t owe,
Nothing for each other
Then we’re not bound by unbreakable bonds

I'm tired of being left behind
I hope she’ll be better than I ever was
You cannot hide your flaws

You never loved me
And you were the first to break the agreement
I was a victim
You and she definitely were made for each other

Go and move on with your life
I release you, this time
So go on and live on your own
Move on with your life

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

I’ll be well, so so well
I’ll be good

SOUNDS LIKE
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 14/09/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#18 Posted : 03 September 2014 23:58:52(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erich: you had me at power ballad.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 04/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#19 Posted : 12 September 2014 03:44:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Abie Lena
The Break Up!
Album: The Grim History of Love
Directed by: Joseph Khan
Studio 60

UserPostedImage

Abie is standing in front of another man, he’s the Hollywood actor Jude Law, both are facing each other inside a black room while the camera circulate themselves as the song starts to be played. The video is very simple and it has one straight shot, focusing on Abie and Jude’s interpretation of the music. At first they’re just facing each other ‘till Abie starts to lip-sync the first verses of the track and so Jude’s expression changes according to what he’s hearing from Abie who’s also portraying the character of the song, she’s upset and frustrated towards Jude, but all of a sudden when the song approaches the first chorus, Jude grabs Abie and kiss her, at first Abie refuses to accept the kiss, but she surrenders to Jude’s charm.

As the song resumes to the second verse, Abie gained enough strength to let of off Jude’s passionate kiss, she than gives her back to him while he keeps to grab her waist to turn herself around so he can kiss her again. He often puts his unshaved chin on Abie’s shoulders making she closes her eyes, but yet she remains strong and she doesn’t turn around as he wants to. Jude keeps on trying to seduce Abie by holding her back, smelling her hair, kissing her neck, Abie refuses all of his attempts till the second chorus starts again and Jude clings Abie’s body in 45 degree of her back and manages to kiss her, what an odd position for a kiss, almost acrobatic, they keep on kissing till the second chorus ends and so Abie frees herself again.

As the song arrives to its final choruses and climax, Abie takes some steps away from Jude even though the scenario of the place where they are is really small, it’s almost impossible to not be near him, but Abie gets really close to the camera as she faces it, behind her sad glance there’s Jude with open arms, trying to argue with Abie although he’s not saying anything and Abie is only lip-syncing the song’s final phrases.

The last scene is a combination of movements, the same time Abie turns around in that dark room, appearing to surrender to Jude’s “claims” of not breaking up with him, Jude is actually walking away of that room, he’s in the other extreme side of the room, as he opens a door letting a white flash of light illuminates the room as he is crossing it to the other side. Abie lifts her right arm in an attempt to ask him to stay but now it really seems that hey broke up. The very final frame of the video, shows Abie’s face looking on the corner of her eyes, it seems that she is contemplating the loneliness of that room, she’s with an ironic glance on her eyes, and the camera gets near her face as she smiles with the corner of her mouth.

Conceptual Images

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 12 September 2014 03:46:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 12/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 16/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#20 Posted : 22 September 2014 23:42:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Abie chat via phone with Ryan Secrest this morning about her last night at the FCA and her currently world tour. Check the short interview bellow.

Ryan: Last night we had the Fan Choice Awards full of surprises and incredible performances amongst them, Abie Lena performed and won the best album award with her latest release and despite she has a very tight schedule due to her current world tour and tonight’s San Jose concert we managed to have her on the phone this morning, so good morning miss Lena.

Abie: Good Morning Ryan.

Ryan: Thank you for waking up early to talk with us.

Abie: It’s a pleasure, thank you for having me.

Ryan: Last night was quite of a shocker for you, I guess, ‘cause despite your performance, you won the best Album award and you were visually shocked I can tell.

Abie: Yeah it was, you know, I was not expecting it, so many great albums released this year and having an artistic record like “The Grim History of Love” winning an award show that’s voted by fans, was unbelievably incredible, I felt so lucky to have the fan base that accompanies me through the years.

Ryan: And it all happened so fast for you, it was like a whole segment of the show dedicated to your name, let’s be honest, you performed, then Suzie played with you and later comes Daniel to announce the best album and there you go to receive it, quite a moment, did you feel any embarrassment towards Suzie’s jokes about you weight loss?

Abie: Not at all, I mean, these award shows, they always make fun of celebrities and people knows my story so it was fine for me, I would never take that on a personal level.

Ryan: Well she was right in some way, because your performance was very sexy! Who decided to have that kiss at the end?

Abie: *Abie slightly laughs on the phone* well during the rehearsals of the performance Jude came up with the idea of making the kiss at the end of it, the concept was to bring an extra visual aspect for the performance, so we brought this cabaret scenario, the dim lights and the dancing and me being kissed by Jude, it was quite a moment I have to admit.

Ryan: But we never saw you and Jude Law together before, when did you meet him?

Abie: Jude is an old friend of mine, I met him a really long time ago, I was at his weeding, we’re really good friend and we wanted, me and the director, to have a Hollywood actor featuring on the music video, later I invited him to perform the track with me at the FCA.

Ryan: I saw the video and it is really beautiful, in fact you’re always was a visual artist in my opinion.

Abie: I agree, I think videos can be another approach for a music, it increases its longevity and it also can put meanings and representation to what is being sung, so it is suitable for me to have videos for my singles, I think my fans expect that kind of promotion, we did like six of seven videos for my last album and the response was really incredible.

Ryan: Now talking about your career, you’ve been doing this for a while now, four studio records, one live album and finally a world tour, have you stopped to think about your beginning and the status that you have now?

Abie: I try not to, because I always have the sense that each new record it’s a new beginning for me, it makes me humble and it keeps me on the ground. Fame can be isolating and it can strike your brain and make you feel that you are something and I am sure for some reasons that we’re nothing to think that we are something special. You know what I mean.

Ryan: in some point, well people always talk about you for your charisma and your charming shyness.

Abie: Awwn thanks Ryan.

Ryan: It’s true, but we’ve seen you blooming in this business, despite you’re still the same as you’re telling me, now you are a successful singer with some longevity.

Abie: I never thought I would be here after so many years and still being reliable, so I only have to thank the people who works with me and tries to keep the quality in my work and obviously the fans who’s always there supporting me.

Ryan: Nice, you’re in San Jose right now, you have a sold out concert tonight, Bianca Moretti is opening for you, how’s touring so far?

Abie: Absolutely amazing, tiring, I’m not gonna lie, for a lazy person like me, it is really tireless, but the joy and the emotions of each night it’s incredible and we’re only in the first dates of it, there’s a long road ahead. I’m glad a talent like Bianca is travelling with me, I think our fans are similar, we share some people who enjoys both of our music and that’s the main reason we invited her to join us, it’s being an amazing experience.

Ryan: Really nice talking with you Abie, congrats on the winning, congrats on the performance and good lucky with the tour.

Abie: Thank you Ryan.

Ryan: Bye.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 28/06/2015(UTC)