logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 07 September 2009 14:47:35(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Regan Futrell recently said in a new interview that the next Quarantine album starts pre-production next week. He had this to say:

"The next Quarantine album will begin pre-production next week. We've been "secretly" writing right now and all I have to say is this album is starting to sound promising. A demo I have of one song called "The Reaper" and it is very experimental. Loud distorted guitars, snyths, loud drums. This is going to be a whole different band. The album is going to be dedicated to Luna Star. Also it is to be some what of a concept album by like a person struggling with drugs and in the end he is seen going down a hall way showing nothing but his life on display. Then the flatline comes in. It should be great. It is to be called "Rx" it should be out in middle Januaray. If we can get some songs done in enough time we can try to aim to release a new E.P. of some songs that are a taste of what's to come."

He also went on mentioning that he was going to find a great producer for this album.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline gumba  
#2 Posted : 07 September 2009 19:14:49(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This sounds super exciting. Can't wait to hear what you guys do with it.

Also is Rx meant to be the shorthand for treatment or is it something else?
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)
Offline Regan  
#3 Posted : 09 September 2009 04:04:08(UTC)
Regan

Man

gumba wrote:
This sounds super exciting. Can't wait to hear what you guys do with it.

Also is Rx meant to be the shorthand for treatment or is it something else?

Shorthand for treatment. We have decided we will be releasing a 3 track E.P. in early November more details later. We've all been writing and demoing stuff. It's hard when your on tour doing this but when Casting Thin Shadows tour is over we are going straight in with about 17 songs we plan on recording. The sound we're trying to pull out is something similar to Radiohead "Kid A" and Deftones "White Pony" if I had to choose what we're aiming for in sound.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Regan  
#4 Posted : 10 September 2009 00:00:28(UTC)
Regan

Man

Regan recently said this in a interview he did much recently:

Quote:
Well the new Quarantine album has been delayed. It's for the best. I haven't and neither has anyone else in Casting Thin Shadows got to take a break ever since we started touring again. All of us are always caught up doing something and with a final tour dates now up and being extended past the day we were going to release the new Quarantine album we have post poned it till most likely late Feb. It's a good thing actually. I've been pretty, no let me catch myself I am exhausted. A much needed break would be good right now actually. So I plan on taking a little 4 week vacation when this tour is over. It'll clear my mind and make me focus all my intentions on this record. If I go in there at the current state I'm in right now the new record would just be a mess and I don't want to make a record 10 years from now I look back saying "What the fuck was I thinking? How can fans still be following me?". I want to make this record a pure masterpiece. I want it to be nominated for Best Album, Best Single, Best Live Act, Best Band, Best Artwork, everything. This is the album I want to be remember from. The songs we have demoed and sent back and forth to each other sound very promising and I just can't wait to see how they evolve. Also this time I get to tour the whole world in support of the album instead of having to make all of our tours short so it won't cut in time with my other band but now that my other band are done with I can do what ever I feel like.

thecerebral_collection: