logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#21 Posted : 25 September 2014 05:33:10(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Quote:
Abie Lena live at FCA

Electric guitar excerpts riff from the track “Where Immortals Live” introduces Abie’s performance. The stage is all dark but there’s fog all over it and a blue dim light on the ground of it, the light illuminates the band and Abie upside down but the audience can only see their silhouette as that known sad melody is slowly setting the mood for the performance. Abie sings the first verse of the song yet covered by darkness but slightly lighted by that creepy blue light, the fog surrounding her is slowly vanishing and when she ends the singing of that short verse, the whole stage gets lighted brightly till the audience couldn’t see anything but a white light and then Abie behind her signature pedestal with her band behind her appear and the song “The Break Up” kicks in.

UserPostedImage

The power ballad song comes in full shape, with the 808 drums, the jazz influence; the initial vocalization by Abie’s backing singers and four couples of dancers surrounding them performing a jazz classy routine as Abie gives the audience one of her best vocals performances ever. Her voice is controlled, on tone and with no sights of fragility, she looks stunning in a black dress high heels and her short haircut, with a subtle make up she’s is all smiles for the cheers received throughout her performance.
The dancers in front of Abie perform a jazz routine and after they perform gestures towards Abie as if she was the center of the dance floor, visually the performance is classic and elegant, Abie also dances behind her pedestal, smooth and sexy. The lights of the performance are simple cold colors as red and green, the initial fog disappears right after the introduction of the performance. Abie has a spotlight over her, so the people who get to watch the performance on front row will notice that Abie is the center of it, while the elements around her all culminates to highlight her presence.

UserPostedImage

Abie sings the very final lines of the track, when Jude Law comes from behind the stage, he grabs Abie’s hand and takes her near the edge of the stage where both of them dance to the last melody excerpt of the track and it’s a quite complex jazz routine with flips and 360 turns, when the all the melodies are slowly fading, Abie and Jude end their dance routine in the middle of the stage, when suddenly Jude clings his body towards Abie’s and gives her a passionate kiss, just like they do in the music video of the performance, the audience screams and cheers to them, after the kiss, Jude leaves the stage leaving Abie shocked and stoned just like she is in the music video. The performance ends with the stage getting completely dark once again.

UserPostedImage

Set List
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 3 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/09/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 21/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#22 Posted : 02 October 2014 06:02:08(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

DOWNLOAD NOW!

Edited by user 09 October 2014 05:41:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

erich hess on 02/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#23 Posted : 09 October 2014 05:41:24(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Something Before
Produced by: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Gia-Rose Hilton
Written by: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin, Lilly Stuart
Genre: Indie Rock, Soft Rock
Published by Studio 60

Currently touring USA with her Immortals World Tour, her first solo headlining tour, Abie impact this year with the release of her fourth studio album which received critical acclaim and spawned a Fan Choice Award of Best Album a couple of weeks ago. So far two singles were released, the second one managed to enter the top three on both digital and airplay charts, still not the number ones that Abie once collected with her previous releases, but yet high chart positions and strong sales. The album has sold already two million copies and the tour is already sold out till its third leg. No doubts that Abie Lena is a pop sensation of recent music, everyone seems to love her work, she often writes emotional songs that strike us right at our hearts, don’t forget her break up anthem “Cold Spring”, when she’s not taking out tears of our eyes, she’s making us think about death and our actions in life, take reference from “You Make Me Die”.

After a surprisingly performance at the Fan Choice Awards, Abie and her team decided to release a third single of her current album “The Grim History of Love”, this time the soft rock track “Something Before” was chose to rotate on radios and digital markets. The song is a shift in sound, something that Abie hasn’t tried before and she did with this record. Abie classified herself once as a alternative pop singer and under this classification she understands that she can work with any genre that she wants too, obviously always adding her own flavor to the track she’s producing. This fourth record brings a summary of Abie’s previous materials, here she worked with her new jazz and baroque pop influences but she was able to expand her limits with the help of some producers she put some soft rock tracks on the album. Some critics notice the shift on her sounding as an identity crisis and that was the worst review her record received, although critics praise the often quality on the sound of the songs and its mean full lyrics.

“Something Before” is an indie rock track with influences of soft rock composed by Abie Lena, Rick Rubin and Gia-Rose Hilton and written by Lilly Stuart, Rick Rubin and Abie Lena. The song lyrics are connected to the storyline of the conceptual history of the record. This part of the song represents the conscience of the main protagonist of the story and its new form not as a human being but as a ghost as we can clearly perceive on the lines “Am I a ghost, or am I just in a transition / I don’t have a shape, but I have a vision”, other interpretations of the song is up to its listeners, Abie was always a singer to write about death and after death subjects, she often says that those are her biggest fears in life and that she’s afraid that she doesn’t have a former opinion on those matters. Musically the song receives influences of Indie rock and Soft Rock sounds, the fusion of instruments such as piano, acoustic and electric guitars, piano and drum combined form an almost spiritual jam sessions taking us back to 70’s rock and roll, except the violin, mandolin and other string instruments added to its sound which turns the song to something different and edge, but keeps the spiritual mood it has. The song overall has a sense of spirituality, the lyrics are obvious enough to represent that, but it combines perfectly to its sound. Abie voice sounds clear, soft and smooth in the begging but it progressively grows, to a wider range exploding into higher note sin the choruses of the track. Backing vocals add another texture to some parts of the song, making it sound a little epic.

Lyrics

When the wind cross through you
And you won’t feel a thing
It’s just that you don’t have skin
And you speak but no sound
Comes out of your mouth

Just a pale and forgettable memory
Wandering through the centuries
Am I a ghost, or am I just in a transition
I don’t have a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

In the middle of a life I was stuck
Forces that wouldn’t let me burst
There was anger but it was long ago
There was a glimpse of reality I was bonded

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before

Uncertainties that brought me here
Erased all my memory
Till the end of the times I will wander
Without knowing why I still exist

I don’t a shape, but I have a vision
I was something before
I was something before
I had something before
I had something before

Sounds Like
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 09/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 10 October 2014 13:19:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Hannah Beth: I have been so silent with music and everything but I've been truly admiring artists like you in music. You totally inspire me to be more creative and tell a story with my own music. I've always adored you, Abie, you've never managed to lose your way and you've stayed true to yourself. Your music is nothing short of amazing and beautiful. Even my twins love you ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 10/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#25 Posted : 11 October 2014 00:33:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Hannah Beth: I have been so silent with music and everything but I've been truly admiring artists like you in music. You totally inspire me to be more creative and tell a story with my own music. I've always adored you, Abie, you've never managed to lose your way and you've stayed true to yourself. Your music is nothing short of amazing and beautiful. Even my twins love you ;)

Abie: Oh my dear, thank you so much, you were always so sweet with me, I'm so gald for that and I hope to meet your twins soon, big kisses ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#26 Posted : 11 October 2014 00:34:24(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

The Delighting “Immortal Tour” of Abie Lena
A review of The Immortals World Tour by Billboard.com

Watch Abie Lena live is a delight for your ears, the powerhouse vocal singer has been active for almost five years now, having released four studio albums, one live album it was the perfect time for her to kick off her very first headline tour, if you didn’t know, she first supported Cassie Valentine at the Pink Romance Tour and when she announced her “Seasons World Tour” plans were over due to her illness which lead her to write her third album however she didn’t toured solo, she was one of the three headliners of the No Venues Tour, so imagined that after four years and a half of career, she’s making her debut headlining tour, with guests to open the concert for her and by the way we have to admit that whowever had anything to do with Bianca Moretti hiring, this person hit the point, both singer share an enormous amount of fans, saying that we already can say that this reviewer first was pleased by the grown audience that those singer share and how they were able to connect with each other even though the show didn’t start.
It’s October 8th of 2014, the gig is at New Orleans Arena in obviously New Orleans, one of the sold out North American gigs of the tour. Fans gathering slowly as the gates were four hours earlier opened, but believe me, when it was about the time to Bianca takes the stage, the crowd was already there, that’s how people enjoys a show that brings two amazing singers together, by arriving on time. So first we have Bianca, obviously she has a short set list, probably half of the set that Abie performs, but she does her work perfectly good. The fans know the words of the songs; she interacts with fans with informal conversations among her set list which proves her charming charisma. More than just a warming, Bianca is a show a part, she does increase the level of quality of this tour, we clearly had the sensation that we were not only paying for an Abie Lena show, but for a Bianca Moretti show too and with the price of one concert.
Bianca leaves the stage and then goes another half hour to get everything ready for Abie gets the stage. The stage is not as simple as we thought it would be, it has the shape of a theater but instead of curtains it has led panels to everywhere, there’s not catwalk, but it has a curve which makes Abie’s place closer to the audience compared to the corners of the stage, there’s elegant chandeliers in the roof of the stage giving a classic look to it. The band places behind Abie’s pedestal, the lack of space between Abie and her band is quite large, once during some performances, four couple of dancers comes to bring an extra visual aspect to the concert. The band is composed of one percussionist and one drummer, there’s two violinists, three backing vocals, one electric guitar player, one bass player, one string player who also performs the acoustic sets of the concert, one pianist, two sax players, and one programmer. They all dress black tie and so does Abie, by the way Abie don’t change her clothes during the show.
The show has separated segments with melodic intros and videos telling a story of a ghost, just like the conception of Abie’s fourth album, but the chronological order in the concert is opposite to the album, so the story starts with the main character already being the ghost and later it goes telling its own story so it gets to the point when it was alive and married, but the encore of the concert takes the “present” time again. The story serves as a background to the songs of the set list, so they are performed in order but most important it is not only following the storyline order but the melodic order too, Abie kicks in the concert with her baroque pop and pop opera repertoire till her most jazz influenced songs, it gives the audience a taste of all Abie Lena facets.
The intro melodies are a mood setting, the first one called “After Death” it’s a vocalization, a creepy lullaby, desolating that actually ends the record but here starts the concert, after the first video concept of the show Abie is heard performing it, she comes walking from the back of the stage with only her silhouette appearing, till she gets on her quite stylish pedestal, covered in white crystals, placing her mic and finally singing the first big hit of the night. “Transcending” is another Intro presented on the album and extended in the show, it serves to introduce the pop rock songs of the set, Abie’s band receives some attention here and during the set of songs of this segment, each one of her musicians is presented to her audience as its instrument being played had a certain attention on the song performed, the acoustic set of the concert is also performed in this segment, a very special moment of the show, because Abie can show the connection between her and her musicians. “The Other Side” it’s a mandolin intro and it serves mostly to close the previous segment and to starts the other one who has the main jazz influenced songs of the entire show, “Nowhere” introduces the encore of the night, this creepy piano lullaby takes the audience back to the first segment of the show in a sort of a cycle ending, the concert as if it could re-start from the beginning and transits through the set of songs once again.
The set list was carefully made to cheer things up when they are too dark and also to give the fans nostalgic and euphoric moments. Staring with two smash hits “You make me die” and “Dead for a reason” Abie and her 25 thousands backing vocals (the crowd) sing each line of the two songs, great excitement on the second one when Tisha Jackson appears in the led screen in a video performing her part of the song, if you are watching the performance in front of the center of the stage, you’ll easily have the illusion that Tisha is next to Abie behind a pedestal singing as if she was an hologram projection, well she is not, but the visual illusion is real, you only see that she is a led screen projection when you bend to the left or the right of your view, also Tisha recorded live vocals for this performance which helps the illusion to appear real, even more. After two big hits, the new album songs “The last Goodbye” and “Lost in Hell” followed by a welcoming message from Abie turns the set list dark and desolating. “Lost in Hell” receives a special visual treatment, Abie can’t be seen while she performs it, and we only see her silhouette but the colors changes as her voice ranges from lower to higher notes. To end the segmented there’s the fan favorite but not turned into single “Phoenix”, fans avidly singing the words of this track just to prove Abie that they’re loyal fans who loves all of her songs (but seriously I still wonder why Studio 60 didn’t released this as a single).
For the following songs, Abie plays strings instruments, starting with an electric guitar for “Epitaph”, the newly announced single “Something Before” and the pop rock medley “He grieves / Burial”, three songs in a row with no pause the last being a medley, putting the fans to dance. This is basically the most rock influence the whole concert receives so imagine bright white lights, some video projection and fan waving their fists above their head, quite unusual for Abie, but hey it’s rock and roll babe. The acoustic segment of the concert turns off the led screen, bring Abie’s musician next to her, they form a half moon circle surrounding Abie, all of them sited in stools and so does Abie in the center of the half circle, but not in front of them, beside them. The lights receive an orange tone and they light up the stage from the ground, it appears that Abie is in some London Pub performing a cover set, till she breaks in with the emotionally apathetic “I’m sad” followed by a re-edition of the even more apathetic “Seasons” and another re-edition of the smash hit “Cold Spring” this one very emotional driven and with vocals shared with the fans, what a wonderful opportunity to get the fans closer by a sing-along in an acoustic set. Back are the most classical tracks of the set, everyone at its place, ballet dancers behind Abie and two orchestral songs, the pleading “Again” and the even more pleading “Little Star”. The ballet it’s quite beautiful, it gives the stage a theater look.
The segment continues, but it’s clear that the next songs follow another intonation, perfectly chosen as the shift in the mood of the set list is the medley “No love / Desert of Despair”, it also introduces a moving Abie Lena, who has her pedestal out of the stage and with microphone in her hands she walks sexily the stage, she gets near the edge to hold fans’ hands. The next one “Casual Meeting” sees the dancers back on stage, this time to perform jazz routines, while Abie in some parts of the songs alludes some gestures to her dancers in the end of the performance she introduces the four women and four men accompanying her on tour. Moving to the old jazz influenced “Pimp’s Tears” the interaction between Abie and her dancers is increased, Abie seems to be surrounded by them the entire performance as if they wanted to be next to Abie to share her ironic suffering, represented on the song lines. Don’t forget to mention that this performance is avidly well received by the audience; after all it’s one of Abie’s highest selling singles of her career. “The Pact” and “The Break Up” are performance almost together, if they were not fully performed they could be a medley, for the last one which is another cheered song by the audience due to Abie’s dancing in the final melodies of it just like she performed at the Fan Choice Awards, except that there’s no kiss in this performance, but before we knew she wouldn’t be kissed we thought she would, very exciting and smart to pursue her fans to think about the kiss. The last segment of the show is a back in time travel to Abie’s first and second album and three smash hits, first after the intro comes the folk oriented “The Same Tear” loudly sung by the fans, another sing-along moment on the concert very worthy for Abie’s health, I must say, this song seem to be very exhausting to perform, soon after Abie sits in a classical back piano to perform the heartbreaking “Broke Up!” and this one being in my opinion the best vocal performance of the night, it was just Abie, the piano and her high notes, I never imagined that this song was so beautiful as it is after this performance, don’t blame me if I cried during this performance. The show comes to its final set, “Fake Plastic Life” gave me nostalgic chills, despite Abie performed the entire song, no sing-along at all, it was hard to hear her voice, the fans were louder. After the song, Abie says goodbye to her fans quickly, we knew there was the encore, but we pretend she was leaving.
The final intro took us back to the creepy begging of the show, the haunting “Where Immortals Live” is brilliantly performed, the technical of the song is the best of the entire concert, we even thought that Abie’s voice would sound tired, but in fact it is not, she was holding back at some points for this final segment, we are sure of that. A rain of black paper falls down, Abie declares her love for her fans and finally say goodbye to them. What a beautiful night, what an amazing time, what an incredible spectacle, it only represents the power of being a singer like Abie Lena and the reason why people love her so much, why she sold over 25 million records worldwide and why she is still relevant and significant after almost five years of career. Abie is in her best shape right now, not only physically talking but also her artistic shape, what she’ll bring after this era certainly will be better and better, I will watch Abie Lena again during this tour and you should watch her too, well if you’re Australian, because the European and USA legs are sold out my friend, shame on you, if you didn’t buy your tickets yet, let’s hope for another leg in uncle Sam’s land.

Immortal World Tour Set List

1- After Death (Intro)
2- You make me die
3- Dead for a reason
4- The last Goodbye
5- Lost in Hell
6- Phoenix
7- Transcending (Intro)
8- Epitaph
9- Something Before
10- Medley: He grieves / Burial
11- I’m sad
12- Seasons
13- Cold Spring
14- Again
15- Little Star
16- Medley: No Love / Desert of Despair
17- Casual Meeting
18- Pimp’s Tears
19- The Pact
20- The Break Up
21- The Other Side (Intro)
22- The Same Tear
23- Broke Up!
24- Fake Plastic Life
25- Nowhere (Intro)
26- Where Immortals live

Edited by user 11 October 2014 02:50:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 11/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 12/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 12/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/10/2014(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#27 Posted : 12 October 2014 06:56:54(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
OOC: You killed this performance RP. Very detailed, very believable/real.

Tisha: YASSS ABIE! You better get em' sis!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 12/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#28 Posted : 14 October 2014 00:59:55(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
OOC: You killed this performance RP. Very detailed, very believable/real.

Tisha: YASSS ABIE! You better get em' sis!

OOC: Thank you for reading it, it was a fun writting ;)

Abie: That's it Tish, I can't forget to mention that I lOVED your new album! miss you...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#29 Posted : 28 October 2014 05:15:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Something Before
Abie Lena
Album: The Grim History of Love
Directed by: Samuel Bayer
Studio 60

Abie is walking in a huge field of dandelions holding an acoustic guitar, wearing a white dress, the photography is emblematic, the way the colors are used to transmit such a soft sensation in the viewers, yellow and blue tones set the kind mood. Abie looks clean, barely no makeup, her expressions also looks peaceful she admires the blue sky with no clouds above her, we have a vision of her eyes as the cameras angles shift from third to first person viewer. She starts to play the song and sing the first verses of it. There’s some natural elements evolving the performance, such as the wind which blows the dandelions over Abie, the same wind which touches her face and the camera films her sensations as if we could taste them ourselves. The first verse of the track is progressively performed in this simplistic scene.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As the chorus approaches, the sky turns gray and Abie’s expression accompanies the melancholic sensation revealed in the scene due to the sky had turned into this mortuary gray tone. It doesn’t rain, Abie looks worried and a little bit scared, she throws her guitar away and the dandelions begin to die slowly as she walks they dry till they’re nothing but dead flowers, as they die the sky gets darker and darker and Abie even scarier. She keeps on singing the songs first chorus and the sky starts to rain, but she doesn’t get wet, she remains dry, yet the dandelions are being destroyed by the rain, the beautiful field now is giving place to a devastated flower field, the colors also shift to gray tones, Abie looks pale, the rain stops and she hopes to find her guitar once again.

UserPostedImage

During the second verse of the song, Abie found her guitar, not the sky is already black, it’s probably late night, but no stars light the place, so it looks extremely dark. Abie beings to walk again and as she sings the verses starts appears in the sky adding some light, it also appears that on the ground something being to sprout, it looks like cacti, yet Abie is walking above them, and they seem to grow beside her she doesn’t get harm, it makes her feels a little bit more safe compared to the previous scene of the rain. As the chorus comes once again, she leaves her guitar on the ground, she gets to a fully gowned cactus and as she caresses its thorns, it magically turns into a dandelion.
The chorus starts again and now Abie is running thought the cacti field and touching all of them, so they could turn into dandelions again, yet the night is all over her, she might found a way to turn the harmless field beside her into a soft dandelions once again, it appears to given her hope and her expressions are even better than before. She runs fast as she can, as she sings the chorus of the track, the tones are dark but colorful again, the photography is marvelous in fact. As the chorus finishes and the last verse comes, Abie realizes the field is already a dandelion field again, but it’s dark and despite she looks at the starry sky it doesn’t seem to born a sun, she closes her eyes and sing the final lines of the verse and as the final chorus comes to finish the song, Abie starts to fade away as a dandelion, each part of her disappearing flies away as a petal of dandelion driven by the wind until It reach the sky and become a star, it starts with her hair and then her body leaving her eyes to be the last one turning into a dandelion petal, the effect is very well done, it does looks as it was ashes, but in fact it’s not ashes but dandelion petals, when her eyes finally vanished to the sky a sun born and the initial scene of the beautiful peaceful dandelion field is back again.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 26 June 2015 23:28:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

snap_itshannah on 28/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 30/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#30 Posted : 30 October 2014 01:22:15(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Wow what a beautiful video. I think I just might watch it again and again. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 30/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#31 Posted : 20 November 2014 23:07:14(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

I’m sad
Produced by: Abie Lena, Rick Rubin
Written by: Abie Lena
Genre: Indie Pop
Published by Studio 60

Having released three singles off her acclaimed fourth studio record “The Grim History of Love”, Abie Lena is still promoting the album touring on her profit “Immortals World Tour”, this time around she’s in Australia with the second leg of this tour, later on she’ll be taking the tour to Europe and Latin America with addition of more dates for the following year. This tour will last through 2015 as Abie celebrates five years of career and fiver years under Studio60 management, what a great moment to release her very first greatest Hits collection confirmed by Studio60 representatives with a possible February release date. Few is known about this compilation album but Abie had said in a recent interview that basically the tracks featured on it are the fan favorites, she has some not reeased tracks which she was considering putting in the album, but she didn't confirmed that, however there's going to be a new track released as a single, this one she said, is yet to be recorded in January as she takes a little break from her touring.

For now we have the fourth single taken from her acclaimed pop opera album, the indie pop track called “I’m sad” often mentioned by critics as one of the highlights of the record, the track will rotate on radios starting next week and it will be available digitally with a special live version taken from her L.A. concert which by the way was filmed to become a DVD. This track is included on her tour set list and it was also performed at the Fall Festival. The music video for this track was filmed one day after the video for “Something Before”, Abie filmed three videos during that time as she would go on tour later on. It will be premiering next week but also Abie filmed an acoustic pocket show for Vevo which will be premiering in December, as for this pocket show, “I’m sad” was performed plus a Christmas cover.

‘I’m sad’ it’s an indie pop acoustic track with sounds of percussion and bass. It sounds like a fairytale track which could be served for any Disney princess trash version film, it It’s haunting, depressive and extremely apathetic, it starts off with guitar riffs and later on a slowdown drum is added and also some elements of bass and percussion completes the melodies of the track. Even though you realize through its lyrics that it is about the loss of happiness in its rawest way, it is sung in a way that could represent the accretion of losing its happiness. Abie’s voice sounds low key, relaxing and warm, it’s her echoing effect that leads the listener to feel an ironic tone on her singing, but it still sounds pretty and in the end quite tormenting. Abie is tormented in this track, following the storyline of the record it’s the exactly moment when the man realizes his fault on his ex-wife’s death and this track sort of works and a suicidal letter even though Abie didn’t clarified of specified the suicide of this character.

Lyrics

I’m sad
But I cannot say why
I just wanna lie in bed
In my warm blanket

I’m sad
Seems everything is meaningless
And its senseless living
It’s all pretend

I see everything black and white
I take happy pills to control my mind
Nothing fills the void inside
So, just leave me alone tonight

I’m sad
Although I don’t look like
And I can still be interesting
But I have a hole in place of a heart

I’m still sad
So let me be alone
As I’ll sing this song
With verses so sharp

Even the sun shines in my window
And birds sing on the top of the trees
I can’t hear a sound or smell the willow
So I close my eyes to sleep

Don’t wake me in the morning
‘Cause I wake up with bad mood
Just don't come to my room, let me sleep in peace

Yes, I’m sad
Should I just kill myself?
‘Cause this is as boring as living
So who can tell?

I’ll still be sad
Even if I live a hundred years
And you'll be laughing at my wrinkles
I’ll be old and sad

The day passed
Another day comes
I’ll remain sad
Sad, sad, sad

Sounds Like

UserPostedImage

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/11/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/11/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 21/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 21/11/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/11/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#32 Posted : 22 November 2014 05:07:34(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hayden: This is quite possibly the most honest song ever written. Very rarely do you get a song that's blatant like, "I'm sad" instead of some crappy lyrics talking about something completely unrelated to the song but just looks fancy and people praise it. Simple and still nice to listen to.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Andre Gandra on 22/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#33 Posted : 22 November 2014 11:45:18(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: This is so beautiful. I just hope that the video doesn't make me cry as much as the song did lol. ;)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#34 Posted : 22 November 2014 16:19:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
James: Wow, really loving this record here. You write such great music. Nice work :)

Queen Alexis: Most honest song ever written? Giiiiiirl. How many times we get these "I hate my life and want to die" type of songs? Stop with the hype. This is sad and all Abie but next time around can we get something with some more spunk? Your album was good but too dreary. You look great, lost weight too.... add some confidence!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 23/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#35 Posted : 25 November 2014 04:10:26(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Hayden: This is quite possibly the most honest song ever written. Very rarely do you get a song that's blatant like, "I'm sad" instead of some crappy lyrics talking about something completely unrelated to the song but just looks fancy and people praise it. Simple and still nice to listen to.

Abie: Thank you Hayden, It means a lot coming from such a great musician like you, I'm flattered.

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: This is so beautiful. I just hope that the video doesn't make me cry as much as the song did lol. ;)

Abie: You're too sweet Kourtney, thanks for always checking out my music I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart! BTW, I'm not sure, if the video will make you cry or it will make you shiver ;) #thriller

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
James: Wow, really loving this record here. You write such great music. Nice work :)

Queen Alexis: Most honest song ever written? Giiiiiirl. How many times we get these "I hate my life and want to die" type of songs? Stop with the hype. This is sad and all Abie but next time around can we get something with some more spunk? Your album was good but too dreary. You look great, lost weight too.... add some confidence!

Abie: Thanks James, you're so kind.

Abie: I don't feel like I need to answer you Alexis, 'cause your comments and knowledge in music seem limited.

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 25/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#36 Posted : 13 December 2014 05:03:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: I’m sad
Abie Lena
Album: Grim History of Love
Directed by: Marc Webb
Studio60

The video starts with aerial shots of a neighbor, it’s black and white and it’s snowing, the cameras falls from the sky focusing in a single house as the song plays its initial melodies, the cameras approaches the tallest window of this house until it goes through the glass revealing a messy bedroom and Abie Lena lied in the bed looking to the roof with an astonish look on her face, she has cigarette on her right hand and as she brings it she blows the smoke with her mouth and it takes the form of a broken heart, then she starts to sing the first verse of the song. The camera circles down to close up on her face as she is singing the lines, she devise her glance to the left corner of the room, where its revealed to be a photographed nailed with darts, it’s a man, probably her beloved one.
She then raises from the bed and remains a few second sited on it, she’s wearing a blue shirt and black jeans, a red cap covering her dark hair, sited don the bed the camera reveals more details on the bedroom, there is a torn letter on the floor which can be read “I’m leaving” Abie now looking apathetic as she keeps on singing the depressive lyrics of the track, she looks with the corned of her eyes the torn letter and she ironically cracks a smile. The scene shifts to a colorful Abie in top of a building earing the same red cap, there she is singing the lines, but she looks quite prettier than the scene where she is at her house and even cleaner as we may say, but she has some sarcastic face expressions which can be quite scary.
The video continues with Abie on her bedroom black and white, now she is standing in front of the mirror, changing her clothes, it’s quite sexy by the way, she took of her shirt revealing a black underwear, she kept the pants, she tried a few clothes, some of them didn’t fit her, it’s strange because the house seems to be hers, but why does the clothes didn’t fit her? She throws the unfitting clothes away and tries another one that fit her perfectly. At this moment the camera reveals another curiosity on the bedroom, it’s a portrait on the wall, there’s Abie as a bridesmaid at a weeding, the groom it’s clearly the same of the picture with darts. He is with a beautiful bride on his side, Abie takes a dart of the ground and throws at it, it stiches right in the face of the bride.

UserPostedImage

The scene changes to the one where Abie is on top of the building, now revealing she’s looking to the window of another building, she than takes some steps towards the camera as it circles to Abie’s back, but before it reveals what is in front of Abie, the scene shifts to the bedroom once again. Now Abie is on the corridor of the house, as she takes some steps, still lip-syncing the song lines, there’s a towel with red blood and a knife thrown on the floor. Abie throws her cigarette on the woods floor and steps on it, the whole scene gets colorful again as Abie arrives at the bathroom, before we could see what’s inside the bathroom, the scene changed to Abie on the top of the building, now revealing that she was in front of the bride of that picture, the woman is looking at Abie, sort of asking her if she did what they planned, Abie is smiling and looking passionate to that woman, they hold hands and share a kiss. The scene goes back to the bathroom, Abie is facing the groom dead on the bathtub, she has a psycho look on her face, she gets another cigarette and lights it instantly, and throwing smoke on his dead body, the smoke takes the form of a skull. The scene shifts as the song slowly ends, now it’s black and white again and Abie walks alone through that snowing streets, the camera follows Abie walking showing her face as she pulls a picture from her pocket of the woman she was kissing in the top of that building, Abie still looks sad although, the camera slowly turns to film Abie’s back as she disappear into the snow. The music stops and the video seem to end.

UserPostedImage

Post Credits

After the announcement of the credits, a short scene appears, Abie on the top of the building, looking down, it seems that this scene was the present time of the story, the black and white one was the past, Abie was telling the story of her murdering the groom to the woman Abie supposedly loves, but now she was looking down from the top of the building and down on the pavement there’s the body of the woman Abie just kissed, so Abie killed her too, the disturbing scene ends with Abie smiling, letting the torn letter fall of her hands and the cameras closes on it and it says:

Quote:
“I’m leaving, she is such a drag, I hate her, I’m just going to take all of her, before you’ll kill her for us, I’m setting up for her to come to kill you, but you will be the one killing her. PS: I love you - The Bride.”

Edited by user 26 June 2015 23:29:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

erich hess on 13/12/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 13/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#37 Posted : 13 December 2014 05:28:18(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: *blank look after the video ends* well then...that's rather dark,abie. What happened to that wide eyed and sweet girl I once knew? Real swell video,though.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#38 Posted : 13 December 2014 05:44:23(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: *blank look after the video ends* well then...that's rather dark,abie. What happened to that wide eyed and sweet girl I once knew? Real swell video,though.

Abie: LoL, Mister Erich, I thought that with a song called "I'm sad" it would be too obvious to make a sad video, so I decided to kiss a girl and kill her after it ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

erich hess on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#39 Posted : 13 December 2014 10:54:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Honor: Might I suggest some Xanax? Or just some wine? Beautiful video though :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 14/12/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#40 Posted : 15 December 2014 22:20:22(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Honor: Might I suggest some Xanax? Or just some wine? Beautiful video though :)

Abie: LOL, I tried Xanax before, But I rather go with Wine, I'm not allowed to drink more than one glass, but it's better than nothing.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

RoseJapanFan on 16/12/2014(UTC)