logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<2324252627>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#481 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:14:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
bikz wrote:
Look. As I said to Steph, I know little about it, but ....

I don't mind you having your OTD awards. If you don't like it, ignore it. If someone criticises it, ignore it. That goes to both sides of the conversation, Steph/Miles and whoever was against it. Have your awards if you like, just don't turn the thread into a battlefield.

-b.k.x

PS. Lewis. I hope I'm the other one who sees you as a friend. If not, you can add me to the list. (:

THANK YOU!
Offline troymazing  
#482 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:15:51(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
bikz wrote:
PS. Lewis. I hope I'm the other one who sees you as a friend. If not, you can add me to the list. (:

I assumed it was you when he said two :D
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline xNightsidex  
#483 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:16:02(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Yes Bik, you were in that "two people". :P
Offline forkboy  
#484 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:16:13(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
To reword it slightly, Elliot is in fact one of the only two people on the forum who seem to see me through their eyes as a friend, and not either an epicly one-ended object of major affection or pure indifference.

And for the reference of all. I personally locked the thread. I personally. Not Bik. Not Elliot. Not Rince. I was the third mod, so I locked it.

The whole locking threads because people disagree on something I find stupid.

I wanna know what is the problem with the awards? Why is it low quality (whatever he was talking about)? How is this effecting the forums?

This all started with A MOD. And I think is unfair that just because he is a mod that he gets the easy street way.

The thread was locked because of stupid bickering more so than people not liking it.

And yeah, I'll stop arguing with idiots when idiots stop being idiots, innit?
#485 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:17:08(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
To reword it slightly, Elliot is in fact one of the only two people on the forum who seem to see me through their eyes as a friend, and not either an epicly one-ended object of major affection or pure indifference.

And for the reference of all. I personally locked the thread. I personally. Not Bik. Not Elliot. Not Rince. I was the third mod, so I locked it.

I wanna know what is the problem with the awards? Why is it low quality (whatever he was talking about)? How is this effecting the forums?

This all started with A MOD. And I think is unfair that just because he is a mod that he gets the easy street way.

The thread was locked because of stupid bickering more so than people not liking it.

Dude, just stop it already. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Offline old.gregg  
#486 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:18:15(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:

As I am a mod, I get to pass opinion, just as you do, except rather than saying it was good, I said I thought it wasn't good. Perfectly within my rights.

Answer these questions since you were agreeing with Rince,

Usually, I wouldn't bother explaining myself, but here goes nothing.

The problem with the awards were actually rather small, I was planning on ignoring them entirely. What annoys me is the constant whoring of a thread, bumping it up again with near-obsolete snippets of information, which in it's own was is affecting the rest of the off-topic forum.
-
Offline xNightsidex  
#487 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:20:55(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:

Correct! Well, in my case.
#488 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:22:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:

As I am a mod, I get to pass opinion, just as you do, except rather than saying it was good, I said I thought it wasn't good. Perfectly within my rights.

Answer these questions since you were agreeing with Rince,

Usually, I wouldn't bother explaining myself, but here goes nothing.

The problem with the awards were actually rather small, I was planning on ignoring them entirely. What annoys me is the constant whoring of a thread, bumping it up again with near-obsolete snippets of information, which in it's own was is affecting the rest of the off-topic forum.

The whoring of the thread??? Tts a Thread, you make reply's and your gonna see reply's. Especially when its special threads such as award shows, etc.
Its not like the thread was posting stuff every minute or even every three hours. People were basically putting their ideas about the awards.
That's why Miles put down "If there are any other catagories you wanna see, please shout out! Begin nominating away!"

BTW, that still doesn't answer the questions. Low quality crap?

Offline old.gregg  
#489 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:24:26(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

I believe I answered the question adequately, stating my problem was not so much with the awards themselves, but with the thread.

And for future reference:

Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm
-
#490 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:27:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
I believe I answered the question adequately, stating my problem was not so much with the awards themselves, but with the thread.

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

ITs AN AWARD SHOW THREAD, your going to see reply's. You should of said something about the thread then be more specific especially that you are a mod.
Offline old.gregg  
#491 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:31:10(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

ITs AN AWARD SHOW THREAD, your going to see reply's. You should of said something about the thread then be more specific especially that you are a mod.

It was two fucking AM. I said 'I also agree this thread is pointless'. I did not take a lot of time considering the ins and outs of my statements, I did not deem this necessary whilst reading the rest of the thread. The point is, you took things completely out of proportion and think that you have some higher right over me because I am a mod. Face it, if I wasn't a mod, you wouldn't even try playing the victim.
-
#492 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:40:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

old.gregg wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

It was two fucking AM. I said 'I also agree this thread is pointless'. I did not take a lot of time considering the ins and outs of my statements, I did not deem this necessary whilst reading the rest of the thread. The point is, you took things completely out of proportion and think that you have some higher right over me because I am a mod. Face it, if I wasn't a mod, you wouldn't even try playing the victim.

Exactly because your a mod otherwise I would be on your ass more harder, which is my point cuz your a mod you get the EASY STREET way.
Offline old.gregg  
#493 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:43:29(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

That's lovely.

Anyway, let's change the subject before another thread goes down the drain, eh?
-
Offline Gildermershina  
#494 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:44:00(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
I'll stop arguing with idiots when idiots stop being idiots, innit?

Hah! No you won't.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#495 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:47:12(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:

I'm eating cake.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline old.gregg  
#496 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:47:47(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

bikz wrote:
old.gregg wrote:

I'm eating cake.

I am considering going to sleep, though slightly envious.
-
#497 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:48:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I Love cake, coincidence much I am about to eat carrot cake in a sec.
Offline forkboy  
#498 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:51:24(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
I'll stop arguing with idiots when idiots stop being idiots, innit?

Hah! No you won't.

Well, yeah I will. Because if idiots all stop being idiots then there are no idiots for me to argue with. I'll just argue stupidly with intelligent people, but it won't happen so often. I do actually enjoy arguements (discussions...) with people who have a similar intellect. I just happen to also really enjoy the stupidest shit as you have noticed.
Offline bikz  
#499 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:51:34(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:
I am considering going to sleep, though slightly envious.

I'm slightly envious of your sleepiness. I'm just not tired enough - another vampyric night ahead. (Did I mention there's blood in my cake? Well, actually it's caramel, but meh.)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline old.gregg  
#500 Posted : 13 September 2009 12:53:09(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

I have also realised that we need to revive Serious Debate. Any one got a topic that's debatable?
-