logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 07 December 2014 13:05:19(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Just Record is a newly made record label founded by TJ Cousins and Carmen Grant on December 6th, 2014. Carmen debut in the music business with her EP, "Pet" in April of 2013, and six month later, TJ debuted under his stage name Kidd Amaze in October with, "Listen and Be Amazed." Shortly after, both TJ and Carmen were found by former owner of Permanent Reminder, Matt Young. Since then, TJ has released his debut album from PR, "Kidd At the Adult Table," which went number #1 on the charts after it's release, selling over 200,000 copies in it's first week. Carmen released her debut album, "Mercury," which also sold over 200,000 in it's first week, and headlined the Mercury Tour, which generated a lot of success. She also won Best Collaboration with her best friend, Evangeline Wolfe, on Wolfe's single, "Secret My Heart Can't Keep" at the Chaos Awards VIII. TJ and Carmen have even worked together on TJ's album, and have been what many people have thought of as the front runners of their genre. Since Matt Young stepped down from Premanent Reminder, TJ and Carmen have gone on to build on their own label that is welcoming to every genre.

TJ Message to PR and The Start of New Label

Quote:
"Everyone, Thank you for all the help that you have giving me, and I will never forget what you guys have done for me. So I don't want this to come as a surprise but I feel like it is time for me to break out on my own. I don't want people questions the things I want to do with my career and I want to be my own man. Just know that I will always have much love and respect for matt young and everyone here at Permanent Reminder. That being said I learn a lot from him and I think it's time for me to step up to the plate. So with the help of Carmen we decided to create our own label called Just Record, where the message is very simple just record your music. Don't worry about if you going to get promoted or not, as an artist we feel that it is important for you to be focus on your career and the bast way to do that is to make sure you put out the best music can you put out and it hard to do that when you think about getting a push from your label, if you are getting the right buzz. So we want to take that off your plate and have you put your trust in us. I haven't been out long enough to know the business side of things but I do know how important it is for people to hear about you before you put something out to really get momentum on yourside. For everything that I don't know Carmen will know it, she has been around longer and knows that it takes to keep people excited about your music and also focus on the business side of things. I want to let everyone know that feels the way we feel to come with us. Again I want to tell everyone at permanent reminder take you for letting my album be something special. and I hope that you guys have continue success as well."

Management
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Owners: TJ Cousins, Carmen Grant
Scout: Jay Rock

Artist
ARTAX
Sam Thatcher
Erik Zullo
Johnny Carter
Kara Romero
Mercedes Gomez
Alice Cooper
Yasmine Kiambang
LUXX
Sophie Brooks

Edited by user 22 August 2017 02:17:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 12 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 07/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/12/2014(UTC), Clampdown on 07/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 07/12/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 07/12/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/12/2014(UTC), _Python_ on 10/12/2014(UTC), kandii on 11/12/2014(UTC), Welat65 on 10/01/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2015(UTC), 2001clay on 20/09/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2015 14:59:37(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

after much negotiation and long talks on the phone, I finally signed my first artist which is actually a band. ARTAX. I'm really excited to have them on board. And to finally get people to buy in that is isn't just a thing for kicks. I will finally be able to put on my record company hat on and do my best to get their message out there so Everyone welcome ARTAX to JustRecord

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 09/01/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 10/01/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/01/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2015 01:20:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist

If their is one things that impresses me, is amazing song lyrics. Good Song Writers are able to not only make you feel what they want you to feel but are able to open up to have you feel how they felt. So when I heard Sam Thatcher I knew he was that kind of song writer So please welcome our newest member to Just Record Sam Thatcher!

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 03 April 2015 01:24:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 03/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/04/2015(UTC), kandii on 03/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/04/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 03/04/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 16 April 2015 23:42:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist

I get call at 11:30 and it's Carmen saying "Carmen has good news! Carmen just signed her first artist!" When I asked her who it was, even I got a little excited, Ashley Grimmie has been doing well considering she didn't the first season of StarFactory. With her first song "Don't Wanna pretend anymore," An EP Underdog, even getting on Summer Break Soundtrack. Why hasn't she gotten picked up with be my guess but not anymore, say hello to Just Record's Newest Artist who could go from an underdog to your favorite Ashley Grimmie!

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 17/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 20/04/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 24 April 2015 03:37:54(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist

It's hard being a pop star. With the success of few and far between you need more than just a pretty face to make it as a pop singer. From meeting this guy personally I can say it looks like he may have "it". I don't know what it is, but besides having girls faint at him the guy is a talented song writer and he showed it with his first single "Run," here's to Erik Zullo to taking off in a long career and our new artist here at Just Record.

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/04/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 04 May 2015 09:39:07(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist

Singer, dancer, and YouTuber Johnny Carter is one of the youngest new faces this year. Born in H-town, doing all kinds of cover songs and dances, I really didn't think Johnny would be on the radar. Take it from me R&B and Hip hop is a hard thing to break into without a fan base. That is something he has in spades, and he shown great song writing and talented vocals on his debut single "Deadly Love," That I was impressed with. I reached out to johnny saying record companies will be knocking on his door. Turns out he was gifted wrapped to me, after I heard him do a cover of my song. I got a lot of faith in our newest member to Just Record. Johnny Carter!

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 04/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/05/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 02 June 2015 03:33:11(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Update

UserPostedImage

Alright so I guess that the new is out of the bag that we sign another artist Kara Romero, She really didn't get the push I think she needed and getting in touch base with her is what I do. Also Johnny did a remix to his hot song Deadly Love with Kidd Amaze. Here the link to that and make sure you support the young man. What is coming up next is a possible Showcase, also new singles and I can give you guys some dirt Kidd locked himself in a studio room so that means that a sophomore album is coming sooner than later. That is it for the update, be sure to get in contact with me if you think you got what it takes to get to the next level,

Name:
Experience:
Why you want to be sign to JR:

~Jay Rock

Edited by user 02 June 2015 03:37:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
JohnnyBBB on 02/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#8 Posted : 03 July 2015 02:06:10(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Update

Another Month another update, I don't know how Kidd got out of the studio, I'm guessing masta aka Wifey told him to break away from recording and do other stuff. So He did a record with Tisha Jackson on her deluxe album of 25 and even performed at the BET awards you can look at that here<-(click) In other artist news Sam Thatcher release another song from his album which I'm going to shorten to Human Disaster and people are loving it like they are liking the album Click Here Kara Romero came out with a new sexy single Down. If your in the mood for getting dirty and let your inner feak out, listen to it and you will not be disappointed. That is right Here Last but not least Johnny Carter with grind his second single from his first upcoming album Deadly Party, another sexy song. That will get you to do more than your two step and bring a girl to the dance floor. That right Here

If anyone of you guys think you have a sound or a voice that people will pay money to listen and hear but don't know how to get your music out there, or don't think you have gotten a fair shot. contact us

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
kandii on 03/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/07/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#9 Posted : 19 January 2016 05:57:36(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

So Here we are in 2016 moving right along with some updates and news to keep you guys posted. Lets start with the big news

Goldies Nominations

We got sevens Nominations in all, five from Kidd Amaze, two from Johnny Carter make sure you vote for us fans, Johnny Carter should get this New Artist award if nothing else.

Pre-Order Kidd Amaze's The Rapper's Handbook

If you haven't notice or didn't do it already Kidd's Second Album is coming out soon. It is going to be incredible you are going to want to give it a listen even if your not much of a rapper fan there might even be a surprised.

News
Kara Romero is really to come out and shock the world, after spending time with her single Down it seen like she is getting her grove and is working on new material Culture Uncut talked about this Here

Apply Here
If anyone of you guys think you have a sound or a voice that people will pay money to listen and hear but don't know how to get your music out there, or don't think you have gotten a fair shot. contact us

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 19/01/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#10 Posted : 16 March 2016 02:52:23(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Major News

Tour Infomation

UserPostedImage

Just Record is doing a world tour starting April First and ending December 12 2016 Called Welcome to the Show Tour with music from is latest Album and he has a few friends I sure you know coming along with him for the tour. Johnny Carter, Kara Romero, and Erik Zullo it is going to be the family so make sure you come out and see "Welcome to the Show"

New Artist

UserPostedImage

We also have a new Artist joining us, Mercedes Gomez, she was a former member of Lashes (which also included Gemma) from Starfactory season 2 but after they broke apart she took time to gather herself after the death of Natayla Dobros. Now, she's ready to take on the pop world as a soloist with big pipes and loads of sex appeal. Mercedes is easy on both the eyes and the ears please welcome Mercedes Gomez

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
JohnnyBBB on 16/03/2016(UTC), erich hess on 16/03/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 16/03/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#11 Posted : 01 April 2016 12:59:40(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

UserPostedImage
So you want to be in showbiz?

Welcome to the Show is tour that takes places all over the world Starting tomorrow in San Diego it will be here for three days before leaving to go to Texas. This is the First tour of ours and we have Kara Romero, Erik Zullo, Johnny Carter, and the one and only Kidd Amaze, There will also be a few surprise guest on the tour as well not mention before. This tour has been plan for months but new details coming out tonight as it talks about the stops here in the North American Leg of the tour. This tour will have a special broadcast April 29 as Kidd Amaze has his own homecoming. Performing in VA for the first time!

North American Leg
April 1-3 San Diego California/ San Diego Sports Arena
April 7-9 Dallas Texas/Dallas Cowboy Arena
April 14-16 Duluth, Georgia/ Gwinnett Arena
April 22-24 Miami, Florida/ Marlins Park
April 29- May 1 Richmond/Richmond Coliseum
May6-8 Baltimore/ Hughes Stadium
May 13-15 Brooklyn/ Barclays Center
May 20-22 Quebec City/ Videotron Centre
May 27-29 Ottawa/ Canadian Tire Centre
June 3-5 Calgary/ Scotiabank Saddledome

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 01/04/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/04/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/04/2016(UTC), kandii on 06/02/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#12 Posted : 06 February 2017 12:11:47(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artists

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The boss maybe taking a break from music not from business we got three new signing to Just Record. Allison Cooper has done amazing, Yasmine with a successful career and the new up in coming group Luxx. Please welcome these three to the family to Just Record.

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 06/02/2017(UTC), kandii on 06/02/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/02/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 07/02/2017(UTC)
Offline JOHNNYGUITAR1  
#13 Posted : 06 February 2017 12:45:07(UTC)
JOHNNYGUITAR1

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Name: Johnny Guitar
Talent:Singer Like Springsteen
Experience:10
I need a label who encourages me, who tells me your album is great or do better. I'd be great!
thanks 1 user thanked JOHNNYGUITAR1 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 06/02/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#14 Posted : 13 March 2017 03:10:27(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Coming with more talent than a stick to shake at we have a few things to touch up on, First congratulations to Luxx album debuting at number 1 on the charts we are very proud of them for that. Make your sure you have your pre-order for Johnny Carter and his debut album Honest. Cause if Same Memories is any clue of what your going to get than you are going to want to get that album before it sells out.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And Now for new talent alert everyone please welcome Sophie Brooks to Just Record. Sophie is 17 but she has something special and I hope you all will get to know the singer and dancer to see the talent she has.

UserPostedImage

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 13/03/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/03/2017(UTC), erich hess on 13/03/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 13/03/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#15 Posted : 16 September 2017 02:26:36(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist

UserPostedImage

We have a new artist signing today. I don't know much but Carmen called said "Carmen, thinks OH No is great! Carmen does wish OHNO work with the koolaid man." So everyone please welcome OHNO

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 16/09/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/09/2017(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#16 Posted : 20 September 2020 05:39:58(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

It has been a few years but Just Record has been grinding still. Kara Romero took home the Best Female Artist at the FCA, to Celebrate listen back to her EP "The Therapy Sessions (Vol. I)" Congrats Kara!

UserPostedImage

This Long wait is also over as Kidd Amaze as released his third studio album Sides

UserPostedImage

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 20/09/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/09/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/09/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#17 Posted : 15 October 2020 00:16:59(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

We have a new Signee and now music for everyone. Introducing Face 2 Face

UserPostedImage

These three sisters have already come out with a new single Do U Wanna coming from down south their sultry sounds will be great on the ear check them out here.

UserPostedImage

Quote:
“Do U Wanna” is the official debut single released by recording girl group artist Face 2 Face. Do You Wanna will be released on Oct 10th,2020 from their upcoming debut album. Do You Wanna serves as the first official single by the 3 sisters after they signed to Just Record Records. The record was written by Nija Charles and was produced by Tricky Stewart.

Face2Face entered to music industry in October 2020 due to working on their debut album. Growing up in Florida 3 Sisters were Brianna, Sharonda & Mona Woods their goals was to be signed to record label & becoming fame. Before they signed to Just Record Records 3 Girls was audition for Big Diamond Records & to be part of girl group but 3 girls didn't make the cut as members. So in 2019 3 girls finishes the school so they can start training after the long day of training the girls finally hit to studio to record their demo so they can get signed to record label & Do You Wanna was recorded & was produced by their uncle Tricky Stewart in 2020 and finished in Sep 2020. After label was impress they signed Face2Face to Just Record Records & was impress with their demo & choose from their demo tape Do U Wanna as their first official debut single.

"Do You Wanna" is a R&B record with some soul undertones. The song talks about how girl is ready for boy to take it to the further but boy is nervous about love but she pop the question like Do U Wanna make love because if they do then it gone wild. The song opens up with silky voice from Brianna voice then it come to Sharonda sweet greedy voice & voice it come from Mona dramatic voice that blend in well with the group, then it has some middle eastern sound that sample with production & then synth bring it up & down then you have a sound with sound fx for song & as for beat is had that clap to it as well

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 15/10/2020(UTC), erich hess on 15/10/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/10/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#18 Posted : 23 December 2020 04:22:42(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artists
We are happy to announce two new artists coming to just record Cosmic Blue and Ella Avila

UserPostedImage

This young group has come to put a stamp on the music industry as the next boy band group.

UserPostedImage

Ella Avila, From New York as the confidence of a typical New Yorker, Brash, sure of themselves and has talent to back it up.

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
2001clay on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#19 Posted : 15 July 2021 01:36:07(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

New Artist Alert

After the release of the last single stupid boy, The group Trinity Love has disbanded and Natalie Mays has decided to sign with us here at Just Record. She talks about carving her own place and not being compared to anyone else but being her own person in the music industry. He would like to thanks Natalie for giving us the chance to see her grown and develop into a better independent artist and can't wait to see what she does next.

UserPostedImage

Apply Here

Name:
Experience:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
2001clay on 15/07/2021(UTC), kandii on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#20 Posted : 14 September 2021 08:14:01(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Here is the update everyone has been looking for Ella released her new single too much fanfare and now she is coming out with a remix to his debut single Impressioname or impress me in English. That will be out at the end of this week along with Newcomer Natalie Mays coming out with her debut single.

Sept. 16
UserPostedImage

Apply Here
If anyone of you guys thinks you have a sound or a voice that people will pay money to listen and hear but don't know how to get your music out there, or don't think you have gotten a fair shot. contact us

Name:
Experience:
Why you want to be signed to JR:

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
stephaniewazhere on 14/09/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 14/09/2021(UTC), erich hess on 14/09/2021(UTC), kandii on 15/09/2021(UTC)