logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DistortedAudio  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2015 15:12:51(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
PINEWOOD OAKS:

UserPostedImage

A better apartment for you and your family. At Pinewood Oaks, we envision a better life for you and your family. Located in downtown ----, it's near all the sights and sounds of the big city with the relative safety you'd expect in such an atmosphere.

3rd Floor Directory:

UserPostedImage

XX10 - Adali Vernon & Greg St. Augustine
XX09 - Julia Lawless & Ben McKee
XX07 - Louis Bassett
XX06 - Tommy, Max, Blake, Logan
XX03 - Wesley Brafford
XX02 - Dennis Francis
XX01 - Viktor Stravinsky, Adam Kravchenko, Marcus Davis, Jonathan Way

Bulletin Board:

- First week since reopening of Pinewood Oaks, please don't burn the fucking place down again. Thanks. - John Myers, Landlord
- Looking for cash quick? Now hiring cashiers and baristas at Hard Times Cafe.

Edited by user 06 May 2015 13:53:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 2 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
erich hess on 20/04/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/04/2015(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2015 15:20:19(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

It was well-past midnight, but fuck it! He dropped the needle on his record player and half the fucking hall could probably hear Coltrane's rendition of My Favorite Things. It was a celebration for one man, but hell everyone was probably celebrating all the same. Pinewood Oaks had just re-opened and rank and file, the new tenants of the 3rd floor had been coming in. He was the first he was pretty sure, but he had seen the directory. There were five other tenants and he was the first. Louis thought to himself for a moment, maybe that group over in 6, right next to him, maybe they were a boy band.

He exhaled smoke and inhaled air. Why not? He'd never lived next to a boy band before. Then he started coughing once he realized he now lived in a godamn cube and smoke filled the room quick as hell. He opened his window and the streets were still lively on a Sunday night. The smoke exited the room as quietly as it had filled it.

What time was he going to go to sleep? Might as well be soon-ish. He threw the cigarette out of the window after he had mashed it against the seal. "Oh well." He said out loud to no one in particular. Then he plopped down onto his mattress and tried to gather himself some sleep.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Clampdown  
#3 Posted : 20 April 2015 16:01:05(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
After an inefficient process of hauling their stuff up to the apartment. Adali Vernon, vocalist of Surf punk band, Disco Squad 666 and his bassist, Greg St. Augustine entered their less than glorious apartment. "This is it this is how we get noticed." Adali says as he begins inflating an inflatable Palm tree.

Greg jumped onto the couch that would be his bed and turned on the TV. "You know who else is here?" He asks his life long friend.

"Nah, I think there's a metal band here. Don't quote me on it though. I think I'm buying makeup for future shows from our neighbors too. I recognized the name Julia Lawless." Adali finishes inflating the Palm tree and marvels at it with pride. " This is gonna be the life."
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2015 22:54:19(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Torgo looks down at the crumpled copy of his lease. They didn't put his first name on it,so there probably was a good case for never paying rent. He made a mental note to try it one day. Logic said to wait until he really needed to,but impatience said to try it immediately. Being something of a loner,it took many trips to bring in all his stuff.even if all his stuff fit into an 85 corolla and a tiny uhaul trailer. Brringing the enormous reel to reel recorder was quite a chore. Torgo ended up using a pulley and rope as if it were a cartoon piano. In the end,it worked and nobody was killed.

Inside the comfortable clutter of his tiny dwelling,torgo lights a thinly rolled joint and sets to work constructing puppets. He felt puppets were always more trustworthy than people.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 21 April 2015 00:52:43(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
"Okay... Tilt it to the left," Julia suggests, and Ben tilts his side of the table to the left. No go, though. They were still stuck in the middle of the doorway. The bedside table they had bought was an oval-shaped contraption, which was much too wide and much too long for the door. The duo could get the table halfway through before they would get stuck - Ben inside the apartment, and Julia on the outside. "Okay, um... your other left?" she offers her second suggestion. Ben turns the table slightly to the right, causing the legs of the table to bump into a lamp they had set up in the room. The lamp topples of the ground and shatters.

Ben sets down his end of the table and looks at Julia. "Okay, if you saw the lamp was there, why would you suggest we tilt the table right?" he asks.

"Shit, I didn't know 'your other left' meant turn it the opposite fucking way. They always say that on TV shows, and usually it works out." Julia is stunned. She looks like her mind has been absolutely blown. Leaving the table half inside the room and half out, she sits on it and drags herself across the surface of it until she's in their efficiency room. "We'll take care of that tomorrow. Just leave the door open tonight. We don't have anything for anybody to steal, so..." She shrugs and lays down on her half of their bed - which was actually two twin-sized beds pushed together, with a piece of cardboard going down the middle. Julia and Ben were close, but they weren't that close. "Plus, if a robber goes through the trouble of climbing over that table, and can do it without waking us up, they deserve to steal whatever they want."

Edited by user 21 April 2015 03:09:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Clampdown  
#6 Posted : 21 April 2015 10:41:10(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Adali walks into his apartment. "Hey, toots." He says as he walks in to the living room. "Look what I got." He waves a colorful water bong in front of Greg's face.
Greg's face lights up with excitement. "Ahh, shit, man. You're the bomb." He reaches into a backpack which has a small bag of weed in it. Adali hands Greg the bong and he loads it. "Where'd you get this?"
"I just went to the glass shop a couple blocks from here. Good prices!" Adali says as he watches his roommate load the bowl.
"Got a light?" Greg asks as he makes a lighting motion.
"All I've got is this." He says as he holds up a camping lighter.
"Good enough" Greg shrugs as he lights the bowl with a swift motion. He inhales for a couple seconds and then milks it causing a load gurgle. "Shittt, this is some smooth shit, try!" He hands the bong off to Adali who does the same. After doing this for a while, Adali outs on Shannon and the Clam's "I Wanna Go Home" and they sit in a circle and talk when Greg has an idea. "Hey, Adali." He pauses "I'm hungry, we-we should go get some food I think there's a restur-uh-cafe in the lobby. We could go look for it."
"Sure, man. That sounds fine to me." They get up, shut off their record player and go outside and into the lobby. They find themselves at a loss when it comes to the elevator until Adali figures out it's the down button that enables them to go down.
They walk into the elevator and Greg jokingly shouts "Floor one!" the two laugh uncontrollably and Adali pushes the lobby button which sends them to the lobby. They look around amok for quick and easy food.

Edited by user 21 April 2015 11:55:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 21 April 2015 12:16:40(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Torgo stares out his window at the people walking below. Deep In the snug of his boxes up stuff,he felt as if he had a fortress.he had some old socks that he didnt want to wash,so he chucked them out the window at the passerby. " it's a cottony ticker tape parade,just for you!" He sings from inside the apartment.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline freestylechamp  
#8 Posted : 21 April 2015 13:03:23(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Here it is after weeks of savings, months of practices, years of dreaming the band was ready to try to be mainstream rock stars. Hell they had one part down already party/work at night sleep during the day. It was a long way from home coming from Bismarck, North Dakota. This brothers were ready. You ask anyone if they ever know anything cool about Dakota that isn't from there will think it just nothing to do. No way to get signed that why they came out here to get close and maybe just maybe rub elbows with people who can give them a shot.

Tommy got out of the truck from the driver's side while Max was in the passenger seat sleep. Max got out in a car following the truck as Logan was with him and they started to move some of the stuff in. "This was the biggest room we could get? where are we going to put all of our stuff?" Blake sighed looking around the neighborhood While Logan playfully tap him upside his head, "Blake you didn't pitch in two nickels and your complaining already." They laughed while Blake shook his head it was a tight fit for all of them though.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 21 April 2015 22:42:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Torgo just got home from his morning shift at the coffee shop. He was grumpy as tips were tight today and he barely got 10 dollars in them. Still,it was enough for a few cans of four loko. He decided to sit on the stoop and tempt a public drunkeness charge. His room smelled after bombing for fleas. The previous owner must have had a pet wildebeest or something.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#10 Posted : 22 April 2015 04:13:26(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

First Floor Lobby: Reopening Party

It had only just entered the afternoon, but it was never too early to get drunk in this town. Bottles were being passed around as elevators opened to help assist in the growth of the mass of 20 year olds that now lived in the artist commune. It had a good vibe and there was of course a brand of hipster music playing over everything else.

---

Lou waded around the events, searching for nothing in particular, soon enough he was caught up in a conversation with another 20-something from the 5th floor, where filmmakers congregated.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 22 April 2015 04:25:01(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

After dodging the whiz of several passing dogs,Torgo had his fill of stoop sitting. Also,he took his time spacing out his drinking and barely felt a buzz. With a groan,he gets up (not before throwing his cans in a recycling bin. He's a good guy like that.) And heads inside. He wasn't much for loud hipster music,but he was all for free food and drink. Besides, there may be some interesting people here.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#12 Posted : 22 April 2015 06:08:52(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Lou made his way over to a table with finger foods and decided not to stuff them into his pockets. He instead decided that it'd be best to gorge himself there.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline DistortedAudio  
#13 Posted : 22 April 2015 11:20:34(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

What sounded like a fork hitting a glass brought everyone's attention to a small stage-liek area that had been constructed near the elevator, upon it was the landlord and several instruments.

"Well, since this is the opening week of the reopening of Pinewood Oaks, I thought it'd be nice to hear what some of the people here are working on." He said. "Would anyone like to go first?"
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Ivan Aslanov  
#14 Posted : 22 April 2015 12:03:04(UTC)
Ivan Aslanov

Man
Philippines

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Black Breakdown, is done moving to their new home, after that the members split up to do their own businesses. Viktor and Adam was left in the apartment.
"Hey Adam, I think we should greet our neighbors here since we're new and we can make friends."
"That's a good idea Viktor, I heard that there are other bands here."
The two left their apartment to greet their neighbors.
Offline Clampdown  
#15 Posted : 22 April 2015 14:01:15(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Adali stood outside smoking a cigarette. He didn't work today so he was coming down off of a painkiller high and he was smoking to ease the come down. He figured he'd smoke pot but he wanted to sober up a little bit before getting back into the action.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline erich hess  
#16 Posted : 23 April 2015 03:39:31(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Torgo looks around in a panic.he loved the idea of being a performer,but hated the idea of people looking at only him. Torgo looks around before slipping off his shoes. Being the quick thinker he is,Torgo draws eyes on his sock with a sharpie.

Torgo slinks onto the small platform and awkwardly clears his throat. Holding up the sock puppet,he makes it speak. " um. .hi. I'm Cecil and this is my buddy,Torgo. He is my creator and seems to be working on some sort of....industrial? Sort of music. Mostly made of samples and things like that. He also has his arm up my butt as he thinks I need help getting unconstipated. " he says this in his normal voice,with his mouth clearly moving. " thanks." He quips before hopping down and scurrying away.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#17 Posted : 25 April 2015 10:08:17(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Wes arrives to his new place in the evening. Still half stoned from the days events with some old pals, he just carries his trunk in a daze. He's a skinny dark haired guy wearing black trousers and a patchy jean jacket. Real musician type with a guitar on his back. There's a small crowd gathered around a stage outside the elevators. But fuck that's a lot of people to talk to at the moment, he thinks. He nods politely but quickly shoves his shit in to the apartment.

It seems smaller than the first time he saw it. But oh well, its what hes got. He crashes on the bed which is one of the only pieces of furniture. Apart from the kitchen he just has the bed and a table courtesy of a local thrift shop. He wonders about the other tenants and their stories. 'Tried to quit but fuck it this is a celebration of my new life' thinks Wesley. He lights up a cigarette and starts to unpack. He thinks the apartment is probably non-smoking but cant really remember. Plus he is a musician and doesn't care.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline snap_itshannah  
#18 Posted : 25 April 2015 14:51:55(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

OOC: I know I'm super late, but I'm going to jump in on the party on the first floor.

Julia and Ben stood in the corner of the room, occasionally passing back and forth a bottle of beer between the two of them - although normally it was in Julia's hand. The beers were free, but Ben wasn't much of a drinker - at least not enough to bother drinking a whole beer - so sharing one with Julia, who was sure to drink four or five more before the night was over, was fine with him. When the landlord announces that he's opening the stage up to anybody who wants to hop up and show off what they've been working on, Julia and Ben glance at each other and shrug. They could speak to each other without ever opening their mouths, the way that only best friends who had known each other for years could. They waited quietly, watching a couple of those acts go up on stage before they took their turn, each of them picking up a guitar and strumming them a few times before Julia stepped up to the mic.

"Hey, I'm Julia, and this is Ben--"

"Hey, I'm Ben."

"-- And we're Red Apple Cigarettes. And, um... this is what we've written so far..."

The duo begin playing a slow, lo-fi surf rock sounding song. After about thirty seconds of this instrumental intro, Ben gestures with his head towards the mic, and Julia gives a little shrug, stepping up to it again, beginning to sing. Her voice is low and feminine, very fitting for the genre of the song they're playing. Julia hesitates for a moment before she begins:

This is our song, we haven't written any words
But I'm sure we'll have some soon
We're from Denver, and yes, we smoke weed
We just moved to this city last year and were living with my boyfriend
But then we broke up because he's an ass
And now we're here...
Yay
If you like watching movies, so do we
What's your favorite?
Ours is Kill Bill 2
That Pai Mei is super cool

They play a quick outro to the song and set down the guitars. "Okay, sorry that sucked, bye," Julia says quickly into the mic before stepping down from the stage with Ben.

Edited by user 26 April 2015 00:36:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Clampdown  
#19 Posted : 25 April 2015 15:26:23(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Adali and Greg, hearing the sound of music on the first floor, race downstairs to see what the hubbub is all about. They're both moderately high, as usual. They see Julia and Ben. Adali was pretty sure that they were his neighbors but he hadn't met anyone yet but he listened with interest. They were amazing to high Adali and they'd even be good if he was sober. This was something he'd try on an actual show. When they walk off stage he walks up to them with a smile. "Heyyy! You guys are pretty good. Keep it up, I love it. What are your g-guy's names?" He says as he loses his train of thought from the high.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline snap_itshannah  
#20 Posted : 26 April 2015 02:00:26(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Julia was pretty focused on getting another beer after they stepped off the stage, so being approached by Adali made her jump a bit, as she wasn't expecting to be conversing with anybody else besides Ben tonight. They had moved to Pinewood Oaks in a few days ago with everybody else, but had still managed to not meet any of their fellow third floorers. "Oh, fuck, hey, hi, sorry," she apologizes for her jumpiness, giving him a little wave. Ben stays quiet behind her - his normal routine. "Thanks, man. I'm Julia, and that's Ben. Who are you? Or, I mean, what's your name?" She awkwardly sticks out her hand to shake his, unsure of what would be socially appropriate in a group of people like this.