logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2015 01:39:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Artist: Alec Cole
Title: Just Me
Release date: 4/28/2015
Genre(s): Pop, Acoustic Pop, R&B
Label: Independent
Writers: Alec Cole, Dylan Shaw
Producers: Alec Cole

About the EP

"Just Me" is the debut EP from 16 year old Canadian YouTube sensation Alec Cole it is set to be released April 28th of 2015 independently the EP's lead single Eternal was written and produced by Alec he first posted it on his YouTube channel after not having a video idea for that week his fans seemed to take a liking to it and he decided to release it as an official single it was released on August 11th 2014 independently and picked up a few comments from bigger artists such as Michelle Green, Abie Lena, Kourtney Steele and a few others however despite the buzz the song made it did not chart on either the Digital or Airplay charts after the release Alec seemed go quiet on both the music industry and his YouTube channel he tweeted awhile ago about releasing another single with a special guest but then once again went quiet his fans figured maybe he'd just given up on YouTube and on Music however that wasn't the case as he actually went to work on an album which was then scraped and turned into an EP

Despite having only five tracks the EP has a decent range in genres from pop to R&B to acoustic pop which is different for an EP the entire EP was produced and written entirely by Alec except one song "Do It Right" which is co-written by Dylan Shaw the reason for this is because Alec didn't want an overly produced album that wasn't him if he was to release something it would have to be done simple by him and only him with the exception of "Do It Right" each track on the EP has a different meaning ranging from love, family issues, repression, and break ups some of the meanings seem a bit mature for a 16 year old but Alec somehow pulls it off with ease

Alec's Comments

"I know it's been a long time coming there were a few bumps on the road to release this EP it was originally supposed to be just the single then it was supposed to be an album I had to cut out a bunch of songs then it turned into an EP and I'm sorry for the lack of updates and all that stuff but it's just so time consuming and over whelming balancing school, producing an album and having a social life I know it's not really a great excuse but I am seriously so sorry anyway lets not focus on that lets focus that I'm finally releasing something for you guys and that it has 4 brand new songs it was stressful working on all of this but it was also so much fun at the same time like the whole time I was just thinking "Oh the diamonds are gonna flip their shit when I pull a Beyonce on them and drop my EP out of nowhere" haha but in all seriousness I am so happy that I finally got around to putting this out I really hope that you guys love it and hope that each song speaks to you in some kind of way I love you guys so much and I hope you all enjoy it also I want to say a few quick thank yous to my mom because she moved me out to LA which was actually a pretty big help with all of this plus she just believed in me the whole way through, my baby sister for always keeping a smile on my face even when I wanted to pull my hair out, my friends who were backing me up the whole way through, my dad for giving me something to write about I guess and of course to you guys for staying by my side even when I disappeared for a few months I love you guys more than anything in the world anyway that's it this time for real now enjoy :)"

Tracklist
1. Eternal
2. Do It Right (ft. Dylan Shaw)
3. Restraints
4. On My Own
5. The Great Fall

Edited by user 28 April 2015 23:32:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 26/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/04/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 27/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 27/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 27/04/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2015 00:12:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

UserPostedImage

Title: Eternal
Genre: Pop
Lenght: 3:52
Writer(s): Alec Cole
Producer(s): Alec Cole
Released: August 11th 2014

"Eternal" is the debut from 16 year old YouTube sensation Alec Cole Alec first posted the song on his YouTube channel a few months back it was a bit of a surprise to his fans as they're use to seeing skits, vlogs or challenges on his YouTube channel however most of his fans were extremely supportive of the song and some even wanted him to post more music than vlogs however there were others who hated it calling Alex a Kato wannabe and saying he should just stick to his regular videos Alec hasn't said much about it however due to popular request he went to a studio to actually record the song and release it as an independent single he wrote and produced the song his self which is a little surprising considering the lack of production experience he has however the song still came out pretty good which is surprising

The song sounds slightly different from the original live version Alec posted before it has a more upbeat sound to it and a few other instruments can be heard rather than only guitar the intro is played exactly like before however there's a slight difference he plays the intro for a few seconds before the rest of the beat actually kicks in we also hear Alec singing now his voice sounds similar to the original video not very strong but also not too weak Alec had a unique voice it was a little lighter than most guys in music which is probably due to his young age Alec however seems like he could be a great singer with more practice however his guitar playing skills are excellent and that was demonstrated on the original video and this Alec songs through the verses and chorus almost the same however there are some slight differences he doesn't really show off his vocal talent until we get to the bridge in which he gives a few small runs before going into the chorus which is played a little slower at the beginning then picks up towards the end we then hear just the guitar as he sings the outro which sounds exactly like the original video the song then comes to an end

Alec

"Hey guys so you've been asking so much for a studio version if Eternal to download and stuff so I decided to go into the studio and do this I changed things up a little because I thought that would be better so I hope you like it I really did anyway if you guys want more music please feel free to tell me because I'd be glad to do more it makes me happy and if it makes you happy it'd make me happier to do more also wanted to say thank you all so much for your love and support it really means a lot to me and I love you anyway enjoy the single love you guys so much"

Loving you is like a flame that
Doesn't die I feel these little sparks when your
Lips touch mine and when you're wrapped in my arms
I can't help but smile there's something in you
That I don't see in anyone else your something more
Than just another pretty face

You're incredible exceptional unpredictable
You're so wonderful so beautiful so precious oh
And in your eyes I see the sun the moon the stars
And your lips are something I can get lost in when you're in my
Arms you won't ever have to fear cause I'll always
Be here cause our love isn't ending it's eternal

I can see it now our future is so bright
nothing's gonna dim our light nothing can tear
Apart something this right and in the night
I'll hold you in my arms so tight make everything feel
Alright no worries no fears the problems will disappear cause

Your hand fits in mine like it was made for me to hold
Our fingers intertwine so perfectly I know that this is
Something that was meant to be

Loving you is like a flame that
Doesn't die I feel these little sparks when your
Lips touch mine

Sounds like

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do It Right (ft. Dylan Shaw)

Title: Do It Right
Artist: Alec Cole, Dylan Shaw
Writer(s) Alec Cole, Dylan Shaw
Producer: Alec Cole
Length: 4:25
Genre: R&B

"Do It Right" is the second track on Alec Cole's debut EP "Just Me" the song features fellow singer/songwriter Dylan Shaw who is also a close friend of Alec's the song was written by both Alec and Dylan and produced by Alec who began writing the song late last year while writing he knew he had to have someone feature on it and the first person that came to mind was Dylan who Alec has been a huge fan of for quite some time and it would make sense for them to do this song together since they both had their start on YouTube plus since they've become friends their fans have started to ship the pair and Alec figured the fans would love to hear them do this kind of track together after showing Dylan what he had she agreed and helped Alec finish the song up the song is basically about two people falling in love the guy who has been with a few girls as the song says isn't use to these feelings however he goes on to say that he likes it the girl goes on to tell him how she knows what he is like and how this is something he isn't use to however she also goes on to tell him how she feels the same this track is probably one of the stand out tracks since it's a more R&B song while the rest are either Pop or Acoustic Pop

The song starts out with a mellow R&B styled beat and Alec and Dylan can both be heard doing riffs and runs both together in harmony and apart after the intro finishes up the song stays in that mellow beat that it started with and Alec begins singing in a mellow laid back style that goes along with the track quite well he continues singing this way through the verse before moving on to the chorus where the remains the same however Alec changes it up a little going into a smooth falsetto which can be heard throughout the whole chorus as he begins singing "Oh woah oh oh yeah" he can be heard adding small runs after the chorus is finished we hear Dylan come in singing in a similar mellow style which goes perfectly with the beat however she can be heard adding small runs and ad-libs throughout her verse she then makes her way into the chorus after giving a nice little riff at the end of the verse Dylan then begins singing in a falsetto throughout the chorus she also adds her own ad-libs which is different from Alec's chorus she then begins singing the "Oh woah oh oh yeah"'s the same way Alec did the two then go into the bridge where the beat changes to mainly a drum but keeps the same tempo the two can be heard singing the same lines after the other before they start doing runs similar to the intro before Alec and Dylan both begin singing the first few lines of the chorus in perfect harmony with no beat before the song comes to an end

ALEC

"So I started writing this not too long ago and I was I knew while I was writing it I needed someone to feature on it and I knew exactly who that someone was it was Dylan Shaw of course honestly I love Dylan she's a really nice and special girl she's really cool and laid back and she was fun to work with I'm glad she agreed to do the track because I honestly don't think that anybody else would have fit like she did honestly I feel like we have a lot of chemistry when it comes to music and we both have a sort of similar style and had a sort of similar start and I know that this is different from the rest of the EP but I honestly don't see myself sticking to a certain genre I love music who knows next week I could be doing rap haha but anyway I had a lot of fun working with Dylan and I hope in the future we get to again because she's amazing and talented she's definitely got a set of pipes haha"

DYLAN

"Alec is a real talented soul and I enjoy his ideas a lot, so it was a no brainer to jump into the studio with him. We work well together, even though it was our first time. I have a special place in my heart for R&B so I was excited it was an R&B track, plus it's one of the few times I'm not strumming my guitar or completely acoustic. It's still a perfect fit for me because it's laid back and not too crazy which is really me, in a nutshell. Plus, I know it's really fun to do songs like this and then it gets people's brains wandering about the meaning and the backsground. But, I definitely love this song. I was adamant on writing my own part because I like to contribute all the time and not let the work be done for me, so I was probably annoying on that front, but it came out lovely. Boy can sing! (Laughs)"

Alex
Dylan
Both

Ohhh oh oh oh

I woke up this mornin' and saw you right there beside me
And I couldn't help but smile and think of how lucky I really am
I've been with a few girls before but there's something about you
Girl you make me feel so different and that's something that I like

Baby your love is all I want I'll even give you mine this is something
New to me but I wanna give it a try so come on baby say that
You'll be mine let me love you girl promise I'll do it right you got me goin'
Oh woah oh oh yeah oh woah oh oh yeah oh woah oh oh yeah oh woah oh oh yeah

Now you don't have to worry, don't even get discouraged
I can tell you what you mean to me, but I'm better off just showing it
I've seen enough to know how it works, but there's just something about you
Boy, you make me feel so different and that's something that I like (Ooh)

Baby your love is all I want I'll even give you mine (I'll give you mine) this is something
New to me but I wanna give it a try (Gi-i-ve it a try) so come on baby say that
You'll be mine let me love you boy promise I'll do it right you got me goin'

This one is for the lovers let me hear you say yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah

This one is for the lovers let me hear you say yeah yeah
Yeah yeah

This one is for the lovers let me hear you say yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah

This one is for the lovers let me hear you say yeah yeah
Yeah yeah

Baby your love is all I want I'll even give you mine this is something
New to me but I wanna give it a try

My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 27/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 27/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 27/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/04/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2015 00:07:36(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Restraints

Title: Restraints
Writer(s) Alec Cole
Length: 3:00
Genre: Acoustic Pop, Pop

"Restraints" is the third track on Alec Cole's debut EP "Just Me" the song was written and produced by Alec alone just like a majority of the songs on the EP this one takes a different turn from the previous two love songs rather than speaking of love Alec sings about something that seems a bit more on the mature side which is equality and the lack thereof in the beginning we hear him singing to the people who keep the others in their "restraints" which again seems a bit mature for Alec but we also hear him say the word "Bullshit" which is a word you don't hear too often from 16 year old "innocent" pop singers the whole song just seems a bit odd for Alec well at least if you're not a fan however if you are you'd know this is a very serious topic to Alec as he's made YouTube videos speaking about misogyny, racism and homophobia/transphobia in the next verse we hear Alex singing to the people trapped in the "restraints" giving them words of encouragement saying that someday there will be "No more sexists, homophobics or racists" which seems a little far-fetched but kudos to Alex for trying to give them hope anyway he goes on to once again try to give them encouragement in the bridge and ends the song there the song in general has a really sweet meaning and Jacob seems pretty convincing on what he's singing about however the song does have it's very cheesy moments all in all it's a decent song probably not single material but a nice little motivational track to listen to on the EP

The song starts out with a single strum of an acoustic guitar and Alec immediately begins singing showing some improvements in his voice from the last two songs it hasn't been extremely long but the maturity can easily be heard compared to his debut single he continues the single strums throughout the verse and continues singing as if he's on edge sounding somewhat sarcastic as he sings he changes it up slightly when he sings the line "And now we get to hear how we're all wrong" he still sounds sarcastic in a way but sings this part a bit softer than before he then returns to the previous style after that line and goes back to it for the last line as he builds up for the chorus where we hear a piano join in with the acoustic guitar which is now being strummed normally as he sings in a more more encouraging way showing his vocal improvements a little bit more now than before after singing the chorus we hear him make his way into the second verse which is played and sung the same way as before however he seems to have dropped the sarcastic sound in his voice this time around after finishing the verse he goes back into the chorus for the second time which once again is sung and played the same way as before he then goes into the bridge which is one of the biggest parts of this song as we really hear the emotion in his voice as he sings the encouraging lyrics the beat also changes and definitely suits him here as well we then hear him sing the chorus which is now slowed down it almost sounds better being stripped back like this with the barely audible guitar strums and the sweet sounds of the piano we then hear him go back into the chorus once more however this time he the first part "Don't worry about what they say" acapella which shows off the improvements in his voice even more the instruments then make their way back in as he sings the chorus once more before the song comes to an end

Alec

"So this song is definitely one of my favorites on the EP I know that it might sound a little bit cheesy but the meaning is definitely something that I think is important I mean yes there are a lot of important things that I'd like to write about and will write about in the future but right now this is just something I wanted to write about and sing about I'm not expecting this song to completely change the world but it's just something I've been wanting to write about for a long time and I finally did I mean I know that people are going to say things about this song some will be good and some will be bad but I just feel like I needed this to be on here it's an important topic to me and to a lot of other people and I know that it's a stretch but I'm just hoping that maybe somebody who is being discriminated against or is in a minority group will hear this and maybe it'll help them and yes I know that I personally don't go through what these people go through but I don't think it's a terrible thing to show support and just get the message out there a little more anyway enjoy the song guys thanks :)"

Stupid lies repressing minds whenever you speak
Won't you just stop oh
Just your style keep everybody down that's some bullshit
What is wrong with you?
And now we get to hear how we're all wrong
Just shut up, just shut up nobody listen
Just go and do you yeah

Don't worry about what they say
You're perfect in your own way
All that they can do is speak
So go on kiss whoever you please
Stand up for yourself just speak
Don't be stuck in their restraints

Close your eyes slow down just try to breathe
Some day we'll get there
No more sexists, homophobics or racists
One day they will care
Don't you dare tell me how we're all wrong
Someday, someday we're gonna move on
From all of this shit oh

Don't let nobody stand in your way
Because their words don't mean nothing
And one day they'll wish they could take back what they all said
One day they'll learn

Break out of their restraints

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On My Own

Title: On My Own
Writer(s) Alec Cole
Length: 4:12
Genre: Acoustic Pop

"On My Own" is the fourth track on Alec Cole's debut EP "Just Me" the song was once again written and produced by Alec alone this song is also one of the first songs Alec began writing for the EP he began writing it about six months ago when the EP was still supposed to be an album the song is another one that strays away from love or break ups this one speaks about the issues his family went through when he was a little bit younger throughout the whole song he sounds as if he's speaking only to his father which he doesn't try to hide or be subtle about at all since he mentions it in the beginning this song stays is probably one of the most emotional songs on the EP mainly because you can tell that Alec really connects deeply with every single lyrics he sings it actually makes you feel really bad as he speaks about the past relationship with his mother and father and him and his father who is now completely out of the picture he also mentions his sister at one point saying how he had to tell her "it's alright" and if that doesn't tear you up a bit then I don't know what will Alec has stated that he was 12 when things started going bad and his sister was 5 this song is another standout track due to the production, meaning and emotion showed but be warned it's a bit of a tearjerker for the weak anyway

The song opens up with a piano key being played over and over again for a few seconds after that's finished the piano stops and Alec comes in singing in a deeper more calm voice while he plays his guitar this time picking the strings rather than strumming continues singing and playing way throughout the verse up until he sings "Freak out, chill out, calm down" which he sings a bit faster he goes into the pre-chorus where the piano returns and the guitar continues we can also hear a drum in the back as well Alec's voice changes up a bit singing slightly higher showing a bit more emotion in it throughout the pre-chorus as he sings the last line the intruments come to a short stop they all then begin playing once again in the chorus another thing we hear it a clapping and stomping sort of sound as well as Alec sings adding some small riffs whenever he sings "On my own" Alec also sings a little higher once again dropping the deep more laid back vocals showing off some more of the emotion he feels in this song he then returns to that deep voice somewhat as he gets towards the end of the chorus where we hear him repeat "On my own" which is also heard in the back ground he then goes into the verse once again which is played a little differently now we hear the piano, guitar and drums in the in the verse however Alec sings in a similar style that he did earlier in the first verse even to the point where he goes fast as he sings "Cause I don't know, don't understand, can't comprehend" after finishing up the verse he goes back into the pre-chorus which is sung the same way however at the last word he adds a riff he then makes his way back into the chorus which is once again played the same way up until the ending he repeats the words "On my own" and leads it all the way into the bridge where he repeats it over and over again in the back ground as he adds "just shut up, keep all your lies" which he sings as the words "My own" are repeated countless times in the background the music begins to start building up adding even more emotion to the already emotional song however it does almost sound like something you'd hear in a church after the bridge we hear Alec go into the chorus which is played with only the piano this time and his done slower this way we hear more of the emotion in Alec's voice we then hear a few more keys from the piano after Alec finishes before the song comes to an end

Alec

"So this song was actually a little awkward to write at first I mean it's hard singing about breakups sometimes but this is just on a whole other level it's hard opening up about things like this but I've spoken about it before in a video awhile ago and you guys got to hear some of the story and I figured I'd just share more with a song to show how I felt and stuff I mean again this is really hard to write about but it just felt like something I needed to write about if you don't know the story here's a short version so basically me and my dad and my whole family use to have a really good relationship but around the time I turned 12 my dad lost his job and things started going bad he'd go out and come home drunk every night and take out all of his aggravation on whoever was closest eventually he went to jail and we packed our things and went to stay to my grandmother for awhile that's the short version anyway I hope you guys enjoy the song and thanks for listening again"

All my life full of hope
Full of dreams
Seems so full of shit now
Moms at home crying alone
Meanwhile dads going out
And we don't know where he is going
But "it's alright" I tell my little sister
Freak out
Chill out
Calm down
I'm trying to

Don't wanna lay down or go to sleep
I feel like when I'm praying there's nobody listening
And it's the same when I scream

On my own
I don't need sympathy
You messed up enough
There's no making up
Leave me
On my own
Don't act like you care
Cause when I needed you
You weren't there for me
On my own (my own)
On my own (my own)
On my own (my own)
On my

Somethings wrong I can see it
I can feel it
I can smell it on you
The smell of alcohol
of cigarettes in your breath
And cheap perfume
With all that yelling who can sleep tell me
Is this something I need to get use to?
Cause I don't know
Don't understand
Can't comprehend
What is wrong with you?

Don't wanna lay down or go to sleep
I feel like when I'm praying there's nobody listening
But you better listen to me

On my own
I don't need sympathy
You messed up enough
There's no making up
Leave me
On my own
Don't act like you care
Cause when I needed you
You weren't there for me
On my own (my own)
On my own (my own)
On my own (my own)
On my own (my own)

(my own)
Just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies
(my own)
Please just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies
(my own)
Please just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies
(my own)
Please just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies
(my own)
Please just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies
(my own)
Please just shut up
(my own)
Keep all your lies

On my own
I don't need sympathy
You messed up enough
There's no making up
Leave me
On my own
Don't act like you care
Cause when I needed you
You weren't there for me
On my own

Edited by user 28 April 2015 00:08:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

UserPostedImage
DistortedAudio on 28/04/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2015 23:34:26(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

The Great Fall

Title: The Great Fall
Writer(s) Alec Cole
Length: 3:53
Genre: Acoustic Pop, Pop

"The Great Fall" is the fifth and final track on Alec Cole's debut EP the song was written and produced by Alec Cole alone the song was written in late December when the EP was still supposed to be an album and this song goes back to the topic of a relationship however this one is more about the end of a relationship unlike the first two which were more about love however he somehow manages to pull this song off in a more upbeat way the lyrics speak about being sad that the relationship is over but the music and his vocals almost make it sound as if it were a happy song which is something that Alec managed to pull off again on the last two tracks this one might have been the best choice to end the EP on it has a sort of movie soundtrack feel to it in a way and though some other tracks on the EP seem to stand out this one manages to stand out even more which is odd considering the generic meaning behind the song maybe it's just the way Alec seemed to pull off the upbeat yet sad break up song that makes it stand out or maybe it's just his vocals alone which are definitely a stand out on this track as well

The song starts out with a few keys from a piano being played and a guitar being slightly picked as it opens up slowly after we hear the intro we hear the piano go away and only the guitar can be heard as he sings the verse on a similar way to "restraints" where he sings it a little faster but which oddly goes with the slow guitar picking after the verse we hear the piano and guitar play once again for a few seconds just like the intro before Alec comes in for the chorus in the chorus we hear both the guitar and the piano throughout the chorus the song gets slightly faster and more upbeat as does Alec singing a bit higher however it isn't until the ending of the chorus where he shows off his small riffs as he sings "This is the great fall" that he shows off those vocal improvements more after finishing the chorus we hear Alec come in once again this time singing the second verse which is played the same way on the guitar however the company of the drums now being played as well adds more of an upbeat sound to it we then hear him go back into the chorus which is sung the same way as before however the drums remain on the chorus and the chorus is slightly longer at the end than before we then hear Alec go into the bridge where all of the instruments can stil be heard he really shows off his vocals here as he repeats the words "Baby we, we had it all yeah" and "Baby we, we never thought we'd grow up" adding runs and just really showing off his voice more there we then hear Alec go into the chorus which is sung in a lighter voice and starts with only the guitar the piano then kicks back in as well after awhile and then the bass then as he sings "This is the great fall" we hear the drums also kick back in however this time Alec changes it up adding ad-libs to the ending rather than doing his riffs which can be heard in the background the song then goes back to that piano and guitar tune we heard earlier at the intro before it comes to an end

Alec

"So this is it the final track of my EP it ends here but feel free to go back to track one and listen again if you like *whistles* but no seriously thank you guys for checking this EP out and thank you guys for everything you've done for me I appreciate it all so much more than you can understand anyway I should probably get to the song now right? Lol okay well this song was written in December only a few days before the New Year and through 2014 I had sort of been in this on and off relationship with this girl at school and it was great when we were on so that's the only part of the relationship I wanted to kind of include who knows maybe I'll write about the other part in another song someday but anyway when it was on it was amazing we were head over heels and all that but like I said it was on off and at the end I just decided maybe it's not going to work out it was great but it couldn't last and not all things last so yeah I decided to do this track in a happy way because I was happy at the beginning of the relationship and I was relieved to get out of it I'm sure the other person was also relieved anyway that's it enjoy the final track of my EP I love you guys so much again and hope you enjoyed the EP :)"

I know that this is it
I know that this is done
But baby I'm still thinking
About you wrapped up in my arms
But I'll be just fine
I'm alright at least that's what I'll say
Girl you lit up the room
The first time you caught my eye
You brought something different
Can't explain it but I'll try
You were so right, so fly
Fell from the sky

I don't know how we lost the love
Oh baby I don't know what else to say
It sucks giving this up
Oh baby What we had was something great
But I think it's time to give it up
This is the great fall, fall
This is the great fall
But we both know we gotta give it up

Said your lips are like a rose
And I know your body all around
And nobody ever done it like you but it's over now
And I'll be just fine
I'm alright at least that's what I'm telling myself
And on those nights that we were lazy
Just you and I searching all through Netflix with nothing to find
But we tried, we tried
Just you and I

It sucks giving this up
This is the great fall
This is the great fall

Baby we, we had it all yeah
Baby we, we never thought we'd grow up
Baby we, we had it all yeah
Baby we, we never thought we'd grow up

It sucks giving this up
This is the great fall
This is the great fall

My Acts

UserPostedImage
AmyJayneXoX on 29/04/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/04/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 29/04/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 29/04/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/04/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2015 09:38:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: Aleeeeeeec, yaaaaaaay, you finally released your EP! Fangirling at the moment because I remember when we first met and now you're all on my iPod like, whoooa haha. This is so good, I'm going to replay this for a while. I hope you plan on going on the road because I would love to sing with you and to hear you kill these songs live of course :) Wonderful job on each song, love the lyrics and the production as well.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 30/04/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 30 April 2015 12:19:05(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Sarah: Oh my god, You just so cute and look so young. I just want to pinch your cheeks. My favorite song is the great fall, but you look way to young to have such a song. Kids grow up so fast.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 30 April 2015 13:11:47(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: yup. These boys are popping up like ears of mutant corn. Soon the industry's combine harvester will sort them out. But until then? This Alec cat is pretty swell in my book. I have it marked on page 33 with a lock of his hair....ok,it's doll hair. But you'll let me pretend,right? RIGHT?!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 30 April 2015 17:44:29(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: No offence here, right, but if you lined up all the guys in pop your age that have come out in the last month or so, I don't think even your mothers could tell you apart. Clones the lot of you. However, you've at least managed to create a sound that should make you memorable and that. Acoustic pop is an underrated art, and you're doing it well here. Nice little EP, and I'm sure you'll go far.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 30 April 2015 21:45:17(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: Aleeeeeeec, yaaaaaaay, you finally released your EP! Fangirling at the moment because I remember when we first met and now you're all on my iPod like, whoooa haha. This is so good, I'm going to replay this for a while. I hope you plan on going on the road because I would love to sing with you and to hear you kill these songs live of course :) Wonderful job on each song, love the lyrics and the production as well.

Alec: Dylaaaaaaaaan I knowwwww I'm so happy lol thank you I'm glad your are fangirling however the actual fangirls don't know whether to throw me in a volcano or be happy that I'm back lol and I do too that was actually really random but hey I'm glad that I ran into you that night because you actually managed to become one of my favorite people since then I mean you already were with your music but then I met you and that was cool too lol and thank you again Dylan I'm really glad that you like it and I'm honestly hoping to hit the road I mean it's a surprise? ;)? Lol but thanks again Dylan for all the kind words I really am glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Sarah: Oh my god, You just so cute and look so young. I just want to pinch your cheeks. My favorite song is the great fall, but you look way to young to have such a song. Kids grow up so fast.

Alec: I cannot count the amount of times I've been told that but thank you lol that's actually one of my favorites too it felt almost as good getting out of that relationship as it did getting in to it lol and I knoww we do :P

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: yup. These boys are popping up like ears of mutant corn. Soon the industry's combine harvester will sort them out. But until then? This Alec cat is pretty swell in my book. I have it marked on page 33 with a lock of his hair....ok,it's doll hair. But you'll let me pretend,right? RIGHT?!

Alec: Hey in my defense I popped up last year but you're right we're coming from all over under you beds, the staircases, ears you're never safe from us #MaleTeens but thanks I'm glad you think that and I'll do one better I'll send you a lock of my hair after my next haircut :) lol

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: No offence here, right, but if you lined up all the guys in pop your age that have come out in the last month or so, I don't think even your mothers could tell you apart. Clones the lot of you. However, you've at least managed to create a sound that should make you memorable and that. Acoustic pop is an underrated art, and you're doing it well here. Nice little EP, and I'm sure you'll go far.

Alec: None taken I completely get that there have been a lot of younger guys popping up lately and some of them from literally out of nowhere I think it's alright though as long as the music is good I can listen and thank you I agree it's actually been one of my favorite genres for some time now the only reason I didn't debut with it was because I felt the need to go along with everybody else at the time but eventually you learn that being a copy of someone is just gonna get annoying to some people and all that I figured hey I'm an independent artist I can do this all on my own so why be like everybody else right? Haha but thanks man glad that you gave it a listen
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 02 May 2015 10:37:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Austin: Wow man, great EP this is. I can say that I enjoy each track on the album. It's authentic and acoustic driven, two combinations that I love. My favorite track is Restraints, nice work man!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 02/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#11 Posted : 02 May 2015 14:32:42(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Austin: Wow man, great EP this is. I can say that I enjoy each track on the album. It's authentic and acoustic driven, two combinations that I love. My favorite track is Restraints, nice work man!

Alec: Thanks Austin it means a lot hearing those word from you man I tried my best to just stick with a sound I was sure that I liked after I released the debut single and that one just stuck with me that is also one of my favorites and I'm surprised that it's somewhat of a fan favorite at the moment too thanks again for checking out the EP Austin :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 28 June 2015 02:29:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC: WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. I don't know how I let this slip right past me but this is an amazing EP. Eternal is my favorite and it's what got me immediately but Do It Right was so smooth, Restraints was well written, On My Own was so passionate and then you just end all this slayage with The Great Fall that left things a nice tone. I have been catching up on a few albums today so I can vote fairly for your charts but this is literally the best thing I read. It's so wrong that this wasn't charting higher like it should've. This is jut so underrated and I really can't. Amazing job on this John, I hope Alec gets the attention he deserves. You wrote some of the best collection of lyrics I've seen on here in a while for this one.

Edited by user 28 June 2015 02:31:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#13 Posted : 28 June 2015 02:54:02(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC: WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH. I don't know how I let this slip right past me but this is an amazing EP. Eternal is my favorite and it's what got me immediately but Do It Right was so smooth, Restraints was well written, On My Own was so passionate and then you just end all this slayage with The Great Fall that left things a nice tone. I have been catching up on a few albums today so I can vote fairly for your charts but this is literally the best thing I read. It's so wrong that this wasn't charting higher like it should've. This is jut so underrated and I really can't. Amazing job on this John, I hope Alec gets the attention he deserves. You wrote some of the best collection of lyrics I've seen on here in a while for this one.

ooc: Wow okay first let me just say thank you for reminding me that I forgot to release "Restraints" as a single now is literally the perfect time with the gay marriage thing let me also add that I was just about to post about Alec in the Tumblr thread okay and now let me just say thank you because I was actually really, really unsure about this album when writing and posting it and even after I finished it lol so thank you so much for all those really nice words it means a lot :P and it's fine tbh I wasn't really surprised at how it charted because I was actually really unsure about it throughout the whole process and it was just an EP but wow thank you again definitely a confidence booster also gave me a bit more motivation to do a bit more for Alec so thank you again :P
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)