logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clampdown  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2015 15:50:01(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Wings
Artist: Henry Johanson
Release date: May 10th, 2015
Length: 3:00
Genre: Folk

Wings is the second single released by Canadian singer songwriter Henry Johanson. His first single, "Tonight, Forever" received a lot of applause and debuted at number eleven on the Hot Digital Charts. But it quickly fizzled off of the charts. Johanson hasn't made much of an impact on the scene but has been rumored to have sparked a friendship with Romanian pop singer, Sabina. He hasn't really been active on Twitter as he has been rumored to have been bumming out in northern British Columbia to write his EP which has been confirmed but no other details have been released.

Wings starts out with a complex arpeggiated chord progression coming from his acoustic guitar. His voice comes in a couple seconds after the song begins. He has a very calm voice and he's singing higher than he normally does. After the first chorus, the song makes a quick crescendo but he quiets it down as he begins singing. The second chorus comes in and the chord progression changes a little bit. The next verse features him harmonizing with himself as it goes into the bridge. He sings another verse with the chorus and he ends on a somber part of the chorus where he says "Wings can only take you so far."
The song's lyrics are about being stuck in an emotional rough patch where you don't want to be so you try to fly away but your wings can only take you so far before you have to face your problems again.

Lyrics:

Falling apart like the spine of an old book
Trembling emotions shaking like the pacific coast
The world is getting warmer
But I am feeling so much colder
Flying like a bird in the distance
Wings can only take you so far.

In a suburb in the city, I wake up all alone again
Where is my beautiful wife and my beautiful children?
I saw them here last night
Cruelly in my dreams...

Flying like a bird in the distance
Wings can only take you so far.

I am just a man
With a heart that is shattered
Like those porcelain dolls in your living room
On the floor after the earth shook so violently

Ohhhhhhh ohhh ohhh

Flying like a bird in distance
I guess I'll drive away from my problems
Like how birds fly back south.
Wings can only take you...
So far

Sounds like:
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 10 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
erich hess on 10/05/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 10/05/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 10/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2015 16:20:01(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Carmen: So we've got a fellow Canadian eh? Maple leafs, moose, sorry, etc...okay let me stop these stereotypes for the American fans now and compliment you on this track because it is amazing and I do believe that we've all felt this way more than once we all wish that we could fly away from everything and if we try we end up having to deal with it anyway like the song says and I just love that meaning so much because like I said everybody can relate and your voice really adds to the song so much I love songs like this you've definitely earned me a new fan here great job sir :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Clampdown on 10/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2015 16:27:10(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Quote:
Carmen: So we've got a fellow Canadian eh? Maple leafs, moose, sorry, etc...okay let me stop these stereotypes for the American fans now and compliment you on this track because it is amazing and I do believe that we've all felt this way more than once we all wish that we could fly away from everything and if we try we end up having to deal with it anyway like the song says and I just love that meaning so much because like I said everybody can relate and your voice really adds to the song so much I love songs like this you've definitely earned me a new fan here great job sir :)

Henry: Ah, British Columbia by way of Alberta! I can proudly say I've never played a game of hockey in my life, too! Anyway, thanks for the compliments, the mean a lot to me. Moving away from home to persue this dream of being a musician and realizing that there are bills to pay and textbooks to buy really crashes down on you, ya know? I wrote this song because I know that a lot of people can relate to it.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2015 16:30:38(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: Man, some of these lyrics are just food for my soul. I love driving away from my problems. Sometimes I like to imagine I'm a bird. In fact this will go on my playlist for times when I am imagining that I am a bird. Keep it real. I hope this track does well.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Clampdown on 10/05/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#5 Posted : 10 May 2015 19:55:32(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny: Wow That's a song that everyone can relate to.. Actually it made me think and now I'm feeling emotional.. You can't put out songs like that I'll be thinking all week :p. Great work your lyrics are insane!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
Clampdown on 11/05/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#6 Posted : 11 May 2015 01:19:55(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Evangeline: Oof, Mr. Johanson, you've made my poor heart absolutely ache! This song is incredibly beautiful, and deals with a topic that I think we can all relate to, and although it's a hard thing to accept, I suppose wings really do only take you so far, and you have to turn around and face your problems eventually. Thank you for this beautiful music, Henry. It's surely a folk hit.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#7 Posted : 11 May 2015 02:29:45(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: This song made me so emotional right now.. Such a beautiful song. The lyrics, your soft and beautiful voice, everything is just perfect for me. I love it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.