logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2015 08:12:36(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Blog #1: Welcome To My Corner
Sup ya'll? Its ya girl Clara here. Welcome to my new site. First things first I gotta introduce myself to all the folks who dont know me. My name is Clara Thompson but ya'll can just call me Clara. My middle name is Anne in case you'e wondering. But please dont use my full name that would make me feel really uncomfortable... like you aren't my mom or dad so please dont use my full name. And mom, dad, if you're reading this can you do me a solid and not comment on my blog?? Thanks xoxo. Sorry for that tangent... Anyway I'm a massive music nerd that what ya need to know about me. If ya want to talk jams just hit me up and we can hash it out over some vinyls and drinks or weed or pick your poison. Whatever.. Haha. I'm also working at Liberation records so thats how I put the bread on the table. I also write and record songs in my luxurious studio apartment out in beautiful Oakland, CA. So you'll hear some of my tunes and maybe I'll even make an album one day. I released an EP in 2013 but since then its been a struggle but luckily I made friends with some cool rocker dudes (shoutout to ma boyz Matt and Vin of RF) and they hooked me up with a job.

So why did I join the blogosphere? Twas a rainy day so I wasn't going to go outside and I started thinking 'I ought to share my inner consciousness with the whole wide world' and here we are. I named it Clara's Corner because thats a catchy name right? Maybe you think its lame if you do then do me a solid and keep it to yourself ok? I don't need that kind of hate. As I'm writing this I'm realizing it kind of makes me seem like a prostitute and this is my corner... But lets not talk about this. It means I'm prostituting my thoughts but my body is a temple. The kind of temple where there are awesome parties but its invite only boys so don't go thinking you can get in without some serious connections and cool. Shit actually I give my thoughts away for free so its not really prostitution. Ya know lets forget I brought this up and just agree that its a catchy name and move on, ok?

What am I going to use this blog for? Whatever fucked up stuff goes through my head sometimes, but mostly I think I'll talk about the kind of songs I'm jamming out to, and I will post my own songs sometimes. How about we get on with it then, yes? Yes I think so. Have ya'll heard of Henry Johanson? Well you've got to check him out he's a folk artist from Canada and he will soothe your soul. He's got this new song out called "Wings" and hot damn its one of those songs that makes me kind of sad but its also real pretty sounding so it kind of makes me happy that I am feeling sad. How the hell is that possible? Thats just because of is songwriting. Its hella good. I'm keeping my eye on him since he is just getting started; I've got high hopes.

Ok now I really need to talk about what is going on with GirlSpice right now because its more exciting than fresh oatmeal on a cold winter morning. Who doesn't love some oatmeal in the winter??? If you own a radio or the internet I'm sure you've at lest heard that they just released a single called "Strike up the Band." Well as if that wasn't cool enough they followed up with another single called "Good Lookin" not even two weeks later, and both of these singles are such addicting songs. They're down to just three members and a lot of people are hating because of that and sure it isn't like they were back in the early days but its a brand new GirlSpice and they sound like they are coming together after all these years and after Nadia basically took over the world with her solo work for the past few years and now they are ready to take over te airwaves together. So the haters gonna hate but I dont think any pop group is going to be able to touch their album this year once it drops. I'm just anxiously waiting.

Alright everybody, lets talk about the genre that will always hold the keys to my heart and that is rock and roll. Reported Failure just dropped the first massive rock LP of the year with "Lie In" and its honestly so much to take in. I think "Rome" was actually a pretty sobering album, but for this one you might want to get a little fucked up and then give it a listen. I know the first time I got stoned and listened to it I felt like screaming out every word and starting mosh pit in my living room and picking up the drums. The guitar and drums on this album are inspiring. But this is a way denser and way heavier album than "Rome" was so its going to take us some time to get in to it. A lot of the songs are slow burners. But get in the right state of mind and listen to all the intricacies on this album and the boys will take you to the mountaintop I swear. Its going to be tough to top this one in the rock world this year.

But if I was going to bet on one band to top that album it would be RF's long time peer Riot! in the Boulevard. Their new single "This is a Hostile Takeover" feels like Amy, Adam, and Jason are plotting to rule the world with pop-punk and holy shit I'm all for democracy but I also think it would be really awesome if Amy Meyer were queen of the universe. Like who doesn't want to live in that universe? Their new single has really gotten Riot! fans excited especially after Amy's solo album was shall we say a little bit disappointing... Its great to see her back with Adam and Jason and ready to kill it again this year. I'm really curious to see what kind of sound they go for. Rumor has it that their new album is supposed to bridge the gap between their first and last album. I really don't know what that means because to me Riot! in the Boulevard has always had a signature sound. I personally love when they just rock out and aren't afraid to let the guitar riffs dominate the song whenever Amy isn't belting some kind of brilliant lyrics, but I like their more low key songs too. As long as "Boycott Love" stays true to who Riot! has been in the past but also sounds original and new I will be happy. I can't wait for it to drop!

My song: "Hipster Glasses"

The song sounds like Clara put it together herself on garage band, but all of the instruments sound really clean. However, the arrangement lacks any dynamics staying the same way for most of the song. A crystally new age beat sort of in the style of artists like FKA Twigs plays with lots of low toms and industrial drums. The song is very beat driven. A synth bass joins in and an energetic piano melody plays in the intro. Clara adds her acoustic guitar, a simple four chord pattern that doesn't change for most of the song. The piano keeps playing gently in the background. Clara's vocals are full of spunk but remain clean and smooth. The melody is happy and light-hearted fitting the goofy lyrics quite well. The beat stalls a few times in the second verse as Clara talks commenting on her own lyrics and how she should get paid for dropping brand names. Its kinf of funny. The beat stops again in the bridge as Clara switches to a more whispery tone just strumming her guitar but then it all picks up again for one final chorus. Overall its a bubbly fun song and the catchy chorus might help it stick in your head and earn Clara some fans.

Songwriter Comment
Quote:
This song is obviously about hipster glasses because we all know whats trending and cool and its looking hella nerdy even if you aren't, right?? I dont know maybe its just me. Haha. But really this song is just meant to be a silly sing along so act silly and sing along to it. I did it all myself so if you hate it then don't tell me because I have no one to blame. And if you love it then do tell me because I need your compliments to feel less alone. Did I just say that? xoxo

Oh I just want one more pair
I'll buy them if you dare me to
If you dare me I'll be so cool
And nah if I get 'em I wont share
I'm the baddest bitch I dont care what you
Dont care what you think because

(hey)
I wear my hipster glasses
Look at me I'm so fantastic
And though they are just made of plastic
If you touch them you'll get your ass kicked
Those boys hit me up in my hipster glasses
In my hipster glasses

Oh I just need those thick rims
They're hotter than jalapeno slim jims
(Yo I hope I get paid for that reference)
With my glasses bigger than Harry Potter
I'll be so steaming you'll need some water
I'm the queen of Urban Outfitters
(Seriously droppin' some brands. Can I get payed now?)

(hey)
In my hipster glasses

I must confess I have perfect vision
But my eyes have always been wishin'
That I looked like I had awkward teen years
So people will think I'm a genius
But baby these lenses have no prescription
Its all just a big contradiction
(Oh fuck my life did I just give away my big secret...?)

(hey)
In my hipster glasses
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 10 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/05/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/05/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 11/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/05/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 11/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC)