logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2015 08:16:10(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

AUSTIN NIMMO - CONTROL

UserPostedImage
Title: Control
Length: 4:10
Genre: Pop, Pop Rock, Powerpop
Songwriers: A. Nimmo, R.Tedder
Producers: Ryan Tedder, Noel Zancanella
Click here to view Austin's previous single "Real"

World Premiere Date: May 10th, 2015
Digital Release Date: May 10th, 2015
Airplay Release Date: May 10th, 2014
Streaming: May 10th, 2015
Record Label: FREEDOM
Music Video: TBA

Brief Background

It has been quite a year for our industry as we enter the second quarter of what is turning out to be an eventful year for music. With notable returns, and unique newcomers ; there's no wonder we are setting up for a massive year that will be 2015 and we soar throughout the months. One of the mainstays of this year and massive stars in general that has made himself known from his very start in 2013, is Austin Nimmo. The 18 year old Aussie made himself known back in 2013 as the YouTube starlet ready to take the world by storm, and that's exactly what he did. Churning out hit after hit and picking up loads of controversy along the way has made Austin Nimmo one of the biggest stars in recent memory and has often been proclaimed the leader of the teen star pack. Since Austin Nimmo, a handful of young starlets have been birthed through YouTube but none so far has achieved the success and longevity that the 18 year old has been able to score up on his way to the top. After his debut single Adore You reached #3 on the charts in October of 2013 it seems as if Austin continued to climb up the ladder of greatness, one of those feints being an toy line launched by Mattel in 2014 and a number one single lifted from his massive number one album "Fearless" that was released back in the summer of 2014, but that did not stop Austin as he entered the studio shortly after a 30 date tour, to work on the follow up to his debut album slated to be released in 2015.

It seems as if Austin has been nothing but inspired to write new and improved music showing his growth as a musician and eagerness to fulfill the appetites of his most of the time vicious fans that he personally named the "Austies". The Austies attitudes are sometimes in sharp contrast to Austin's mostly laid back demeanor and soft exterior. The Austies have been in the center of many controversies surrounding the 18 year old sensation. Each of them being displays of true loyalty and sometimes psychotic love for the Aussie starlet with many of his fans flocking to attack any, and everyone who even says the slightest negative thing about Austin Nimmo. The Austies continuous support of Nimmo has gotten them recognized as well. Austin walked away with two awards at last years Fan Choice Awards ceremony, one of them being for the coveted "Best Male Artist" award and the other being "Artist With The Most Psychotic Fans". Austin was proud to accept both awards and has always been aware of the supportive nature of his fans, even though at times he has to tell them to revert to peace instead of all out rage.

Austin announced that he was working on new material and kept his promise by announcing the lead single of his sophomore album. At first, Austin promoted a record entitled "Make This Work" as the lead single of the album but a week later Make This Work was soon replaced by a brand new record entitled "Real". Although Austin's fans were massively excited about the new single in "Real" they questioned the antics as to why Make This Work was seemingly scrapped as the lead single. Austin explained that Make This Work was an excellent record, but felt that Real was the better, last minute choice to replace with as the first single from his album and also explained that Make This Work would appear on the album and possibly as a single later on down the line. "Real" was premiered on March 15th, 2015 as the lead single from the album and was met with universal acclaim. The mid tempoed, relaxing and smooth pop jam embraced Austin's growth as an artist and was a switch over from Austin's earlier "pre mature" sounding works. The guitar driven record, rumored to be an ode to his girlfriend Layla Sanchez became a massive hit. The song was embraced by review sites like "Coast 2 Coast" and "Ezra Online" and topped the charts for two consecutive weeks. The single has since been certified double platinum after selling more than 2 million copies. Real has also become Austin's most successful single to date. Topping the impact, sales and radio airplay of his signature record from his previous album, that being "Girlfriend" featuring Jennifer Armstrong.

With a single like Real becoming such a big hit for Austin, many would ask what is next? Many other artists achieve a hit single and soon get lazy letting the fact that a hit single got them over and then quickly fade into obscurity until their single completely fizzes out. As for Austin, he has always been a consistent worker and continues this trend with his brand new single today. Real might still be in the top 20 of Airplay, but the Australian sensation does that look to hold off on his new album and new single as his fans have been anticipating new recordings from Austin Nimmo.

Song Description and Composition

One of Austins dreams were to work with Ryan Tedder. Luckily for him, he has become established enough to be able to request to work with certain producers and of course, Ryan Tedder was contacted to work with Austin Nimmo on his soon to be titled sophomore album just as Austin requested to work with Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon. With his new record, Austin wanted to pick up the speed in terms of tempo and penned a track entitled "Control". When Ryan Tedder got back to Austin's camp expressing nothing but excitement to work with the teen, Austin quickly flew out to meet with the producer in Los Angeles to work on some new music to discuss the initial sound of the record. In February of 2015, Control was recorded and was sent to be mixed before any announcements of the single were made. In April of 2015, Austin announced the single via Instagram and Twitter and of course, sent his Austies into a frenzy. They did, however have to wait a few weeks until the single arrived and it arrive on May 10th, 2015.

Control is the second single taken from Austin Nimmo's soon to be titled sophomore album slated for a mid 2015 release. Control was produced by Ryan Tedder with the help of co-producer Noel Zancanella who was responsible for the guitar arrangements heard on the record. The single will be released on May 10th, 2015 as the official second single and is distributed through Austin's current label, FREEDOM. The record was penned by Austin Nimmo and Ryan Tedder and explores a deep subject. . The track is about how you just cannot seem to control what the heart wants and it sometimes can have you end up yearning and feeling hurt from the things they do, but at the end of the day you just can't see to control how you're feeling once you're really into somebody and ultimately in love. The track also explores the fact that there will come a time where you wake up and realize you are better off without them. The story told through Austin's vocals is distinct and poignant since it is relate-able to just about anyone. This isn't the typical love and heartbreak record, but instead a deep and moving story of how the heart could make a person naive and susceptible to heartbreak. This is in contrast to Austin's previous record, Real, which delved into a love story that could be questionable if it ends and whether or not it was legitimate.

Austin continues his clever story telling with his newest single. Sonically, "Control" is a uptempoed pop-rock record that contains elements of powerpop and traditional pop music as Austin separates himself from the callow pop and R&B songs that dominated his previous album. Austin's apparent maturity continues here with the "Control" not only lyrically but musically too. The record features swift guitar riffs that start the record off in a defying way, a big chorus and a breakdown bridge that is sure to impress not only his younger fans, but an older audience too. The songs opens with catchy guitar chords that sound even better enhanced with Austin's quick and proclaiming vocals. The swift guitars sound infectious and soothing behind Austin's vocals as he sings the opening verse of the song in first person. Austin is singing about feeling stressed about falling for a certain someone and how people are quick to judge others relationships and their antics but little do those people know is that your head is telling you one thing but your heart is saying something totally different, and then there's society saying something else. After Austin sings the first verse, by the time he gets to the third line, the continuous guitars stop for few short seconds and synths are heard before the song unleashes into a guitar driven chorus. Austin belts out the chorus of the song with rigid guitars behind him. His vocals are big and captivating and do not get lost over the heavy guitars and drums. The chorus is even danceable for some as it is appealing and attention grabbing on all fronts.

The upbeat guitar melody pairs well with the Austin's crystal-clear harmonies as the chorus rides out and Austin sings verse number two. Here, he sings in second person. He continues to sing about falling for another girl that reminded him of the girl from his past, only to get hurt again because why? His heart made him feel the way he felt to go for the same type of person and in the end he ended up being hurt and "feeling idiotic once again as he doesn't seem to learn from the mistakes that he keeps making over and over again. Following the second verse, Austin sings the chorus once more. Following the chorus is the third and final verse of the song. Here, is the epiphany that he has singing this story. He sings with pure emotion as he explains that he is writing for heaven above just to find the right one as his heart seems to make all the wrong decisions for him. Austin sings that when this love does come, it is true since its coming from above and the person who deserves the love, will give the love back and then he'll be showing his love out for the ones who hurt him in the past to see it too. Following the next chorus, the guitar melodies move into a bridge that becomes juxtaposed by an unexpected, faintly dubstep-tinged breakdown that is surely danceable. Here, Austin explains that you can try and control what your heart wants even if you can't and that it's time to live the life that you want to live without the stresses and that you have to open your eyes to what is in front of you as opposed to what you are feeling in your heart. Austin sings these out in a whispery like tone that goes well with the dance tinged bridge before the song experiences one final, big chorus before it rides out to an end.

"Control"

These past couple of days my life's been feeling like a nintendo game
Knowing where and how I messed up but still doing it all over again
I know I shouldn't but it's just so hard to not fall for your type
Getting hurt over and over again but still hoping this time it will come out right
I guess it's in every boys genes to always go for the girls that's no good
Everyone turning around and judging you but if only they understood
Your mind is telling you one thing and your heart is saying another
But then there's society saying you shouldn't listen to one or the other

You cant control what your heart wants, you can't control what it beats for
Even if your head knows it's a game or a taunt, you can't control what it craves for
Knowing it'll turn out the same each time, you can't control what's deep inside
Having everything rubbed in your face, but yet you can't seem to turn away
Because you can't control what your heart is feeling
And you can't control what your heart wants, Oooh what it wants

You try and you try and you try to get her out of your head
But then you notice that all along she stole your heart instead
You try to do the best you can do and stay away from her
Falling for another girl like that to you it would be like the greatest sin
It's quite ironic how you go for the same type that hurt you once before
And it's quite idiotic that you fall for the same type that made your tears hit the floor
You can't seem to learn from the same mistake you've already made
So all along you been blaming it's been your fault for getting hurt again

Even if your head knows it's a game or a taunt, you can't control what it craves for

Until one day you open up and realize that you deserve someone so much better
So you sit down and start to pray and you even write a letter
Dear Heavenly Father I ask of you one wish
That you come down and bless my lips of one kiss
I ask for nothing else just a chance at true love
And I know it will be true because it will be coming from above
So that only the person that really deserves it I will give it to
And the next time we meet we will be uniting our lives in front of you

You can't control it but you can try
So it's time to take the wheel for a change and start to drive
It's time to live your life the way you'd like
Only you can make a difference all you have to do is open up your eyes

Edited by user 11 May 2015 08:19:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 10 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 11/05/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 11/05/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 11/05/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/05/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/05/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2015 13:54:25(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Yet another amazing single by FCA's Best Male Artist you're really living up to that name with these songs and I'm not surprised because you're talented af can't wait to see what comes next Aus of course I do wish you'd show your girlfriend some of the unreleased tracks rather than have her wait in anticipation with everyone else but that's just me Whistle but honestly great song babe I can already tell the new album is going to hit everybody right in the feels lol

ooc: Great job as always Jaime :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2015 22:43:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Yet another amazing single by FCA's Best Male Artist you're really living up to that name with these songs and I'm not surprised because you're talented af can't wait to see what comes next Aus of course I do wish you'd show your girlfriend some of the unreleased tracks rather than have her wait in anticipation with everyone else but that's just me Whistle but honestly great song babe I can already tell the new album is going to hit everybody right in the feels lol

ooc: Great job as always Jaime :)

Austin: Haha! Thank you babe since you've been so amazing and always supportive I'm gonna let you hear some music exclusively. But only about two tracks :P I like to surprise you and see your reaction and each reaction is better and cuter than the last. :) so happy you enjoy the new music of course, love you.

OOC: Thanks :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2015 22:58:17(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: Wow. I didn't thought that you could do something better than 'Real' but damn I was wrong. This is much better! I can't wait for the Album!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 12 May 2015 02:29:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: Wow. I didn't thought that you could do something better than 'Real' but damn I was wrong. This is much better! I can't wait for the Album!

Austin: That means so much to me! I always want to try and do better each time and I felt like Control would be the perfect follow up to Real so for you to say that makes me feel very accomplished! The album is set and ready just a few more things to do before its launched ;) thank you Ezra! Never under estimate the Nimmo :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 12 May 2015 02:37:41(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
OOC: let me say that Austin has had a lot of growth since the beginning didn't really like him as character cause it was going down that same kid has problems at home that why he does those things. But these last two songs have really been setting the bar high for him. So in that respect I guess I not going to get him confused with Justin beiber anymore. He is putting out better work. Yea I said it, Austin is better musically then a real person. Great job

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2015 05:09:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: let me say that Austin has had a lot of growth since the beginning didn't really like him as character cause it was going down that same kid has problems at home that why he does those things. But these last two songs have really been setting the bar high for him. So in that respect I guess I not going to get him confused with Justin beiber anymore. He is putting out better work. Yea I said it, Austin is better musically then a real person. Great job

OOC: Aw this means a lot to me :'') well I'm certainly glad Austin has grown on you. I feel like a lot of people might have that same opinion toward Austin just because of the controversy he's been apart of over time. That's why with this new record and album I want him to prove himself to everyone because he wants his music to speak for him, not the tabloids and I'm really happy you see that! Thanks for checking this out and the nice words are appreciated.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2015 06:10:30(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Clara: You really nailed it with this one, Austin. I'm impressed how hard you're working to make every song you put out top notch. The lyrics are so meaningful and elegantly written and the arrangement is perfect for it bridging the gap between pop rock and dance. Well done seriously, I think this is probably going to be a hit. You might be making me in to an Austie although I hope I'm one of the least crazy ones ahaha.

OOC: Applause This is a great RP. It gave me a really good feel for who Austin is and the description and lyrics have so much detail.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 12 May 2015 07:47:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;413338]Clara: You really nailed it with this one, Austin. I'm impressed how hard you're working to make every song you put out top notch. The lyrics are so meaningful and elegantly written and the arrangement is perfect for it bridging the gap between pop rock and dance. Well done seriously, I think this is probably going to be a hit. You might be making me in to an Austie although I hope I'm one of the least crazy ones ahaha.

OOC: Applause This is a great RP. It gave me a really good feel for who Austin is and the description and lyrics have so much detail.

Austin: Yes, thank you Clara! I seriously do try to make my work the best it can be each time but I also like to have fun with it. With this record I wanted to make something that was enjoyable for all audiences and relatable as well. I wanted to continue to grow my music and push my writing skills more away from the normal love and heartbreak songs to something more elegant, like you said :) I promised myself and my fans that too. The Austies are always accepting, so join up :P . Really, thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me and I hope to continue to impress you with my work!

OOC: Yay! Thank you :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#10 Posted : 12 May 2015 07:52:58(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3998 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Melva: Aww I love this song so much, I sang it to my daughter Kaiya and she giggled in agreement with me :)

OOC - YAS!!!!!!, Love this :D
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 12 May 2015 10:44:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Melva: Aww I love this song so much, I sang it to my daughter Kaiya and she giggled in agreement with me :)

OOC - YAS!!!!!!, Love this :D

Austin: Sweet! That really cool :) glad you love the song Melva!

OOC: Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage