logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2015 15:33:59(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Prayer
Label: Independent
Genre: Acoustic pop, Pop
Lenght: 3:32
Writer(s): Joshua Grimmie, Jacob Estrada
Producer(s): Jacob Estrada
Released: May 18 2015

"Prayer" is the debut single from former Starfactory contestant and younger brother of Ashley Grimmie Joshua Grimmie taken from his upcoming untitled album/EP the song is an acoustic pop song similar to the likes of Alec Cole and Jacob Estrada it was written by Joshua Grimmie and Jacob Estrada and produced by Estrada who has taken Joshua under his wing in hopes of giving the younger Grimmie tips about songwriting and singing maybe even producing lyrics wise the song is pretty good you can definitely tell that the song was co-written by Estrada considering how often he'd write about relationships

Jacob's presence can also be felt on the production of the song as it's focus is mainly on acoustic guitar with a few other instruments added like drums, bass and throughout the chorus we can also hear claps Joshua's voice really goes quite well with the style of the song and the lyrics just flow through him with emotion which is a surprise considering he's been in a relationship with fellow Starfactory contestant Valerie Hues since the show ended/was cancelled you'd think since this was the case he'd also release maybe a happier song about being in love but this one is more about moving on from a toxic relationship than being in a good one but Joshua definitely does pull it off pretty well and he could be giving his sister and possibly even Mr. Estrada a run for his money with this track

Overall the song is a very good acoustic pop track that again can be compared to the likes of Jacob Estrada and Alec cole the difference is though this might be a bit more radio friendly than most of the previously mentioned artists work I don't know what it is about these Grimmie's but they seem to be a rather talented family I mean they're far from being the next Merjos' but we have to wonder why are these people born into these talented families and not us right? Is it just me? No? Okay anyway we could be looking at the next Jacob Estrada here (minus the fading into oblivion and writing songs for second rate artists hopefully) but only time will tell

The track starts out with the picking of an acoustic guitar this goes on for a few seconds before we finally hear Joshua come in singing in a rather relaxed laid back tone as the picking continues in the back he continues singing this way throughout the first verse before the pre-chorus kicks in where we hear most of the other insturments (drums, bass, clapping sounds) kick in we also hear Joshua sing in a more intense fashion harmonizing with himself every few lines before the pre-chorus ends and we hear the full beat kick in rather than the build up Joshua's voice can be heard in a slightly more powerful/emotional style while the instruments play in a more upbeat fashion after the chorus is finished we get into the second verse where we hear the clapping from the chorus and pre-chorus continue through along with the guitar however the guitar is this time being strummed rather than picked we then hear him go back into the pre-chorus which is sung the same way before he goes back into the chorus which is also done the same way as before before he goes into the pre-chorus where the guitar is still being strummed however it is slightly muted this time each time he repeats the lines from the pre-chorus the guitar becomes less and less muted as does the other instruments giving it more of a build up sound Joshua's voice helps out with that as well as he starts out singing in a softer style before going higher each time after awhile we can hear layers of his vocals as he begins going higher and higher really showing of those Grimmie vocals this leads us into the chorus where we hear Joshua once again adding layers as he sings higher and with more emotion to his voice as he adds the ad libs to the chorus now we then hear only the clapping and drums as he sings the last part of the chorus two more times before the song comes to an end

I thought this was just like before
But unlike those times you've walked out the door
Didn't know how I would survive
But without you here I'm doing just fine

Clear skies no more rain and thunder
The sun is shining everything will be alright
I'm tired I don't want to wonder
So come on

I'm gonna patch up wherever I bleed
Wake up won't be brought to my knees
And I'll go on without sweet lips
Watch me burn up this shit
I'll be picking up myself
No more begging you to come back

Just when I thought that you had put out my flame
There were sparks left and they just start growing
You're ice cold that's not what I want
So I'm gonna burn this fire oh
And you'll be crying on your own

Clear skies no more rain and thunder
The sun is shining everything will be alright
I'm tired I don't want to wonder
So come on

I don't need no prayer cause I can do this on my own
I don't need no prayer I'd rather be alone
I don't need no prayer cause I can do this on my own, I can do this on my own

I'll go on without your sweet lips
I'll go on without your sweet lips

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 18/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/05/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/05/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 20/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 20/05/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 22/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 18 May 2015 17:17:59(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: Wow man I love it!! Bow down to the King! Your vocals are incredible and it's a tough song!! Great job! Wow
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 18/05/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 18 May 2015 17:53:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19294 time(s) in 7679 post(s)
Billy: You would probably expect me to hate someone like yourself but I can't deny that this is a great song, lyrically. Production wise is a different story but let's not dwell on that. That's Jacob's issue. You've impressed me and that's a huge feat in itself. I'll be keeping an eye out, Joshua.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 18/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2015 07:57:01(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
Johnny Carter: Wow man I love it!! Bow down to the King! Your vocals are incredible and it's a tough song!! Great job! Wow

Joshua: Thanks man really appreciate it though I didn't really think my debut single would put me up in king status hell I'll take it though

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: You would probably expect me to hate someone like yourself but I can't deny that this is a great song, lyrically. Production wise is a different story but let's not dwell on that. That's Jacob's issue. You've impressed me and that's a huge feat in itself. I'll be keeping an eye out, Joshua.

Joshua: Honestly I'm shocked but in a good way about to go tell my fam I got the Billy stamp of approval haha thanks man really glad you liked the song
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 20/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 20/05/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 22 May 2015 10:17:24(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Valerie: Sooo... I might be a little bit bias (I'm totally bias, who am I kidding?), but I think this is an absolutely amazing song. I'm a sucker for acoustic songs (you know this, I don't need to tell you that), and this sings to my acoustic heart, while still being in that pop genre, which I love. It's a really original song, and that's why I love it (and you). Okay, great job, bye! (:
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 22/05/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 23 May 2015 04:42:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Erik: Hey man! I remember you from SF! It's nice to see you continuing on and delivering quality music like this song right here :) you've got great vocals and the lyrics are nice. I'm sure this will be a hit.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 24 May 2015 14:54:39(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Valerie: Sooo... I might be a little bit bias (I'm totally bias, who am I kidding?), but I think this is an absolutely amazing song. I'm a sucker for acoustic songs (you know this, I don't need to tell you that), and this sings to my acoustic heart, while still being in that pop genre, which I love. It's a really original song, and that's why I love it (and you). Okay, great job, bye! (:

Joshua: Shhh don't say your bias just pretend you genuinely like it Shhh but seriously thanks Val I'm really really glad you love it (and me, love you too) thanks again :)

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Erik: Hey man! I remember you from SF! It's nice to see you continuing on and delivering quality music like this song right here :) you've got great vocals and the lyrics are nice. I'm sure this will be a hit.

Joshua: Thanks man I've heard your single on the radio quite a few times (who hasn't) and it's great you know it's a shame SF didn't last too long it would've been cool to get to know you and everyone else a bit more
My Acts

UserPostedImage