logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2015 09:02:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19294 time(s) in 7679 post(s)
UserPostedImage
(Left to right: Amir Williams, Michael Campbell, James Gringer, Ciaran Chambers & Justin Gray)
Artist: ELMNT
Title: ELMNT
Genres: Pop, Rock Pop, Dance
Length: 18:54
Writers: M.Campbell, C.Chambers, L.Gottwald, J.Gray, J.Gringer, S.Mac, S.Wellington, A.Williams
Producers: David Levitz, Dr Luke, LosOscuros, Steve Mac
Label: Five Pesky Kids

ELMNT is the eponymous titled debut EP from Australian boy band ELMNT (pronounced as 'element'). The group first came to the public's attention back in mid-2012 when they successfully auditioned for the first series of singing competition, Star Factory. Some people knew of members Amir Williams, Ciaran Chambers and Justin Gray for being part of a boy band named heartATTACK beforehand. heartATTACK comprised of Chambers, Gray and Williams alongside Simon Ellis and Joey Donaghy. After the group's disbandment, Amir, Ciaran and Justin joined forces again under the name of ELMNT along with new members James Gringer and Michael Campbell. On Star Factory, ELMNT gained a dedicated female following as well as creating controversy and earning media attention. The band received a lukewarm reaction upon their first appearance on the show as many viewers believed they were trying to imitate Weekend, a relatively new but already highly successful boy band at the time. The similar images lead to a highly publicised feud between ELMNT'S Amir Williams and Weekend's Billy Khan. The severe backlash from Weekend fans and the general public is believed to be the primary reason why ELMNT were voted off in the first live shows. Although it has been widely speculated that the group had split due to a long period of silence, they have been working on music since their departure from the show and made a conscious decision to wait a while before releasing any material due to the negative public image they held back in 2012.

The EP is scheduled for release in their homeland on 2nd February 2015 with a worldwide release following one week after on the 9th of the month. The signed with Kiss My Pop Records in late 2012 and had started to work on their debut album. The boys stated that they wanted to incorporated elements of dance music and dubstep into their music and that new material would be heard by spring 2013. In a surprise turn of events, Kiss My Pop Records was taken over by a brand new label, Five Pesky Kids, which is owned by none other than former rivals, Weekend. Both bands have since settled their differences and have been working together for two years. In 2013, the band announced that they would be releasing a single titled "Glassheart" but for unkown reasons, the release was cancelled. A newly recorded and rearranged version of the song appears as the first track on the EP and will serve as the first official single.

"ELMNT" is a collection of five upbeat pop/dance songs which features the production and writing talents from the likes of Dr Luke, Cirkut, LosOscuros, Steve Mac, Weekend's Scott Wellington and all five members of ELMNT. The EP serves as a teaser for their full length debut album which is due for release in the summer of 2015. The band have stated that two singles will be released from the EP before debuting a third which will serve as the lead single from their debut album. "Glassheart" will be officially sent to radio on February 1st 2015 with a video premiering the week after. There are no typical ballads on the EP as the group wanted to release something upbeat and uplifting to kick off the year. ELMNT also said that they wanted to perform "fun songs" as they want to make upcoming performances like "one big party" since they have spent so long in silence. Member Ciaran Chambers stated that the EP also showcases the musical direction in which they are heading in; "We have said from the very beginning that we wanted to do dance inspired music. We want to have fun with our music and just make it all seem like one big party. Weekend have a more rock influenced sound, The Stat Nerds seem to be more straight up pop with a hint of R&B and we want to head towards the club scene."

A mini tour is expected to follow after the release of "ELMNT" as well as a variety of other performances and public appearances. The band and all of the members can be found on Twitter; @ELMNT, @JustinELMNT, @CiaranELMNT, @michaelelmnt, @JamesFromELMNT, @Amir_ELMNT

TRACKLIST
1. Glassheart
2. Turn It Up Louder
3. Because You Want To
4. Perfect
5. No More Forever

Edited by user 08 June 2015 05:03:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 12 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/01/2015(UTC), dohaihoangnam on 30/01/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 30/01/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/01/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/01/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 06/02/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), kandii on 03/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline dohaihoangnam  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2015 09:22:00(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Groups: Registered
Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Reese: It's really great to see a new boy band around here, considering all the hype has only been on Weekend and The Stat Nerds. Looking forward to this EP and the album :)
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
thanks 1 user thanked dohaihoangnam for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 30/01/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2015 13:17:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: You were always the third in running when it came to the boy bands. Let's see of you can advance this time around. The Queen is watching :)

OOC: Good to see ELMNT back around! ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 31/01/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 31 January 2015 22:23:12(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Yay for comebacks! And so my boyband obsession continues, not to mention that you're Australian, home of THE BEST ACCENTS EVER. Oh, and Justin is such a cutie, no wait, argh, you all are. Shh, don't tell the Weekenders I'm saying any of this, I'm too young to die...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/05/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2015 10:40:41(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Glassheart
Genre: Pop
Length: 3:19
Written By: L. Gottwald, J.Gray, J.Gringer
Produced By: Dr Luke
Taken From: ELMNT EP

"Glassheart" is the debut single from Australian boy band, ELMNT. The song is the first track on their upcoming self-titled debut EP which is set for and Australian release on February 9th 2015. The song was written by famed producer and songwriter, Dr Luke, alongside two of ELMNT'S own members, James Gringer and Justin Gray. The song was originally recorded in early 2013, taking on the form of a typical dance track with a beat drop and elements of dubstep incorporated. However, after much deliberation, the band rerecorded and reworked the whole song to give a more guitar-driven force. A ukulele was also prominently featured on this new version to give it a country tinge. The main reason for reworking the song was to give it a catchy instrumentation without being overpowering and distracting from the vocals and the lyrical content, which they believed the original version did. The single will be released worldwide on 8th February 2015 and has already received a release in Australia and New Zealand, so far peaking at #6 and #28 respectively.

The lyrics focus on a girl who has been left very guarded and bitter towards all men after her last relationship ended on terrible terms, although the reasons for this break up are not explicitly stated on the track. The male protagonist in the song has witnessed how this girl lives her life in fear, resentment and also being unable to trust anybody for quite some time. He knows that he will be able to treat her right and show her that true gentlemen do still exist in this day and age but he fears that all attempts are just going to be shot down like they have been before. The female is extremely defensive as she doesn't want her fragile or "glass" heart to be broken again. Both know that this is no way to live and letting someone in may not be a bad idea but working up the courage to finally let the guard down is proving to be a major issue.

Justin, the youngest member of the band, opens up the track. It is unknown if he is the lead vocalist in the band just yet but taking their Star Factory days and his large portion on this track as well as his high notes and adlibs, it seems as though he will be one of, if not the main vocalist. He is without a doubt the most powerful singer with the largest range. In his verse, he sings with rather deep and husky vocals and although he doesn't hit challenging notes at this part, his enunciation is very clear and his delivery is very strong. During the bridge he has another line which is the longest and highest note in the song. Amir takes on the pre-chorus. He is also considered a strong vocalist although not on the same lines as Justin. Amir's part consists of escalating in volume and notes from the beginning to the end of his lines. It shows that he is capable of achieving higher notes with ease. In the chorus, they all come together in a chanting manner. Ciaran takes verse two in a similar fashion to Justin, in a lower register and relaxed delivery. However, it is noticeable that his voice is a lot weaker and aided by a slight use of autotune. James then comes in with the pre-chorus, hitting the same notes as Amir but with more effort needed to reach them. His voice is naturally higher pitched than Williams' but it lacks the power he has so again, slight vocal enhancements can be heard. When it comes to the bridge, Michael finally gets his solo. In Star Factory, he was criticised for being the weakest vocalist. While that is still true, his part here is half spoken, half sung which therefore makes it very easy to pull off and it sounds very soothing on the ears after a belting chorus and the autotune used on Chambers' and Gringer's vocals.

ALL
AMIR
CIARAN
JAMES
JUSTIN
MICHAEL

When it rains, well it just rains
It doesn't come down just to wash my pain
Dark clouds they hang around for days
And through all the gloom, my heart don't feel the same
You might wonder what I'm waiting for
But I already know what's gonna be in store
You'll turn your head to face the floor
When a guy asks for just a little bit more

And I'm not trying to break any hearts
You're needing someone and I could play that part
But you've built your walls up so high
You've got a guard up but I'm still gonna climb

So what am I supposed to do
When I can't seem to get through to you?
I know you're hurting because I've been there too
But I'm not like the others, I've got a lot to prove
You'll let me close and then it's back to start
How can you get to know me when it's from afar?
Just let me in, shouldn't be two worlds apart
And I promise I'll protect and look after that glass heart
And I promise I'll protect and look after your glass heart
And I promise I'll protect that fragile little glass heart

I wake up and it's just another day
Just as I thought, nothing has changed
I don't know what else I'm supposed to say
But I'm not gonna turn around and walk away
In solitude is how you want to spend your life
There's so much more, why won't you just try?
Then you brush it off and say everything is alright
We both know it ain't, I can see it inside your eyes

And I'm not trying to break any hearts
You're needing someone and I could play that part
But you've built your walls up so high
You've got a guard up but I'm still gonna climb

La, la, la, la, la, la
Oh, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la

And I'll protect ya, I'll protect your heart of glass
And I'll protect ya, I'll protect your heart of glass
Oh, I swear

La, la, la, la, la, la
La, la, la, la, la, la

Can Be Compared To

Edited by user 26 May 2015 02:02:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 06/02/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 06/02/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/02/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 06/02/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 09/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 25/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2015 08:45:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Turn It Up Louder
Genre: Electro-Pop,
Length: 4:32
Written By: M.Campbell, J.Gringer
Produced By: David Levitz

"Turn It Up Louder" is a song performed by Australian boy band, ELMNT. The track is the second to appear on their self-titled debut EP which was released in their homeland back in February and is set for a worldwide release at the end of this month. The song was written by upcoming producer and songwriter, David Levitz, alongside two of ELMNT'S own members, Michael Campbell and James Gringer. The electro-pop ditty was the last to be recorded and included on the EP, being brought into the project during the final weeks of their recording sessions in L.A. The instrumental version of the track (created by Levitz) already existed and was played to ELMNT as well as popular American-British girl group, SYNCO. The beat was played for ELMNT after they re-worked the track "Glassheart" and turned it into a more string-driven, rock-pop track. "Turn It Up Louder" is an attempt to bridge the gap and infuse all of the sounds of the EP. The chorus contains pulsing power chords not too dissimilar to the sound of Glassheart and Weekend's work while the verses and the drop combine the grimy electro-pop witnessed on the latter three songs on the EP. With it's pure party lyrics and club ready synths, it's said to be their most accessible song and many believe that if chosen as a single, it could be the track that finally helps them break America and the UK. The song has already proved popular in Australia, peaking at #58 on downloads alone despite not even being released as an official single.

The lyrics of the song take on the form of a generic party track, which the boys openly admit. When creating the track and thinking about the style of music they were making, club ready dance tunes, ELMNT realised that they actually lacked a good party song. The rest of the songs on the EP and many others stashed away in the Pesky vaults centre around relationships and for a band wanting to break away from the typical boy band format, they had to make a song for the clubs and one that appeals to a slightly wider audience. The song describes a wild party with hints that it's also leading to some sexual encounters. Many have criticised its lyricism for being "generic", "cheap" and also for "promoting adultery". With lines like Grab somebody if you're single/And if you're not then I won't spill/It's a secret under the flashing lights/There's no need to kiss and tell" it's pretty obvious what the agenda is. It has been compared to the lyrics of Weekend's music by several critics who have stated that Weekend's work is far more "tasteful" and "finely crafted". ELMNT have came to the song's defence by highlighting the fact that this is intended to be a party song with one sole purpose. It was never their intention to make it something thought provoking. James Gringer, who co-wrote the song, also said; "There are far more explicit and lewd songs out there. We don't cuss all over the place, we don't talk about 'bitches', smoking or popping anything. It's just about having an awesome night.".

All five of the boys open up the song as they sing in unison over the chorus which is aided only by the strumming of an electric guitar. All five of the members' vocals blend together to create something almost like a sixth tone, a totally new voice. No member of ELMNT can be heard over the others no matter how high or low the notes become throughout the chorus. After the first grimey synth drop, Michael opens up the song which may be surprising to listeners. In StarFactory he was seen as the weakest vocalist, receiving the least lines and on their debut single, Glassheart, Michael's part wasn't all that long and far from vocally challenging. While he's not belting out all over the place here, he sounds more confident and better than ever before. He manages to stay vocally strong over the heavy production and while his voice is still considered one of, if not THE weakest, we get a nice glimpse of his smooth tone here. Up until now, his parts have either been half spoken/half sung or too short to really process and analyse his singing. Justin then comes in and repeats the same part again after the second verse. He is without a doubt the strongest singer. With the biggest range, most power, unique tone and killer vibrato, Justin always tends to steal the show whether his part is the biggest or not. This time he's not delivering all the big notes and instead he sounds rather laid back, putting his impressive vibrato into use as he glides along. Amir follows on before heading to the chorus again. Williams is arguably the second strongest in the group and will deliver lines similar is structure to Justin's. He delivers his lines at a slightly faster pace than the others, making it short and snappy like he's bullet-pointing his lines. He repeats his part again and also returns during the bridge, starting it off with silky smooth vocals which are slightly higher at that point and somewhat breathy. James takes the first part of the second verse and sounds a lot more at ease and natural than before. While James is one of the powerful vocalists, his belts and higher notes are usually heavily aided with autotune which tend to make him sound a tad nasally and piercing at times. Here though, he's following the same structure as before, very laid back and confident with no big exertions. Ciaran completes the second verse and also completes the bridge, taking on the only big note of the song. Chambers' voice has always been under scrutiny. A lot of critics fail to understand why he tends to receive decent solo time when his voice is rather weak. It stands out for being rather hoarse and deep and while he has a wide range, his tone is not all that pleasant. On "TIUL", his voice sounds a little "scratchy" during his verse unlike the delivery from the others and his belt at the end of the bridge is rather impressive due to the fact it shows off a range people never thought he had but his gravelly voice and lack of control can't be overlooked.

Turn It Up Louder

ALL
AMIR
CIARAN
JAMES
JUSTIN
MICHAEL

Turn it up louder, pour in just a little bit more
Too much is never enough, let's raise another cup
Turn it up louder, grab somebody and head to the floor
I wanna feel that bass from my feet right up, oh
I will only regret all of the things that I don't do
Why don't we just go ahead and do what we want to?
Turn it louder, louder, louder, louder, oh!

*beat drop*

She's got on a new pair of shoes
He's got a brand new attitude
The DJ's saving more lives again
We all came out here to party
So let's get down, body to body
We don't have to wait until the weekend
We're all young, foolish and happy
There's no place that I'd rather be

Grab somebody if you're single
And if you're not then I won't spill
It's a secret under the flashing lights
There's no need to kiss and tell

There should be nobody sitting
If you want to then get on out
'Cause we all came for a good time
Now let's tear the roof down

*beat drop*

Yeah, there's no point in hanging on
When the beat drops, all cares are gone
Just take my hand, don't miss this chance

Forget about whoever's on your mind
Breaking free, no need to be confined
Spill that champagne as we dirty dance

Grab somebody if you're single
And if you're not then I won't spill
It's a secret under the flashing lights
There's no need to kiss and tell

There should be nobody sitting
If you want to then get on out
'Cause we all came for a good time
Now let's tear the roof down

*beat drop*

What happens on the dance floor, stays there
We can blame on the good times, the DJ made us do it
And if it's posted, what the hell?

It's not like it's criminal to have some fun
Raise your solo cup, yeah here's to another one
We'll hit the town and shut it down
Stay out to the smallest of hours
Tell 'em turn it up louder

*beat drop until fade*

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 29 May 2015 08:46:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 10 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/05/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 29/05/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/05/2015(UTC), erich hess on 29/05/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/05/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 29/05/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 31/05/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 31/05/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 29 May 2015 12:29:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: cheap,generic,and promotes adultery?! So this is the sonic equivalent of edible underwear and Barry white? I fail to see the downside.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/05/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 07 June 2015 05:28:52(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Because You Want To
Genre: Electro-Pop
Length: 4:00
Written By: S.Mac, S.Wellington
Produced By: Steve Mac

Because You Want To is a song performed by Australian boy band, ELMNT. The track is the third to appear on their self-titled debut EP which was released in their homeland back in February and is set for a worldwide release at the end of this month. The song was written by Weekend member and former X Factor New Zealand judge Scott Wellington alongside famed British songwriter and producer, Steve Mac. The electro influenced break-up song was one of the earliest songs to be brought into the project after the band announced they wanted to take and a more upbeat, dance inspired sound. The song was specifically penned for ELMNT with the original first version of the song being entirely written by Wellington during his time in New Zealand while working on The X Factor. During a creative meeting with Mac, Scott presented the song to him and the pair reworked a few lines before Steve began creating a beat to use. The pair believed that an instrumentation with a somewhat "sad" and "lonely" undercurrent yet remaining upbeat would be best suited for the song as ELMNT had stated that they wanted to stay away from piano based ballads on the EP. Mac and Wellington also wanted to avoid any dubstep influences as they feared it would take away from the sentiment of the lyrics. The track has been met with critical acclaim and has been dubbed by many as "the best song on the EP".

As the song is essentially about a break-up, lots of silence and confusion, Mac built the beat around that concept. It's "poppy" and repetitious synths aid the verses along before the bass comes into play in the pre-chorus, constant and sounding pent up. It all eventually "explodes" into a "biting" chorus with powerful vocals from all members and a pulsating beat. The harmonising sections after each chorus are backed by what has been described as a "lemon sorbet flavoured" arrangement of "sharp" and "erratic" synths which are extremely infectious. Lyrically, the song tells the story of two lovers who are in a relationship that isn't going anywhere fast. The female lost interest a long time ago and after fighting for their love, now the male in the relationship has accepted the fact that it just won't work and has prepared himself for the breakup already. They have tried over and over again but nothing ever appears to work. Although they are still on good terms, are entirely faithful and still pretend to be interested, deep down they know that the spark won't ignite again. The male in the story is telling his lover to just admit how she is feeling so they can both move on, clear the air, be entirely honest and just call it a day.

Justin opens the song, singing in his lower register. His deep and raspy voice contrast greatly with the upbeat "rising and falling" synths yet somehow compliments it so well as they manage to stand out on their own and don't take away from one another. He manages to incorporate his lower tone and vibrato into some relatively long notes which can prove difficult to some if that's not the register they're used to performing in but for Gray, that is certainly not a problem. After the first two lines, he lowers his voice slightly again and although he's not exactly doing the vocal acrobatics like he usually does, this still proves just how vocally gifted he is. James sings the pre-choruses. His voice is often subject to debates as many believe that he is probably the second most vocally talented member, however, more often than not he sounds rather unpleasant as he frequently chooses to sing in a slightly high, nasally tone (which a critic has once pointed out and called it "a bad attempt at copying Riley Hamilton's unique vocals) and is often supported by heavy autotune. Unfortunately, that seems to be the case on this song as well. He has the range, power and conviction but it's sadly overshadowed by production. Ciaran takes on the second verse and again, has come under fire from critics. His voice is rather deep, even when talking on a day to day basis so he naturally falls into a lower register. However when he tries to reach anything above his limited range, the struggle and force in his voice is often detected which makes it all seem very unnatural. As he tries to stretch his notes out like Gray, it seems like he's almost gasping for ear and that his naturally deep voice is ready to crack and break because he's pushing it into a territory that just isn't for him. Chambers has no problem keeping the low notes in check though as that's his natural area, usually providing the lowest harmony in the group. Amir sings the bridge as the stomping electro influenced beat subdues slightly, allowing Williams' voice to be the focal point. His voice sounds rather at ease and like Gray's, a little deeper than usual. He can't lower his voice down to the level of his aforementioned band mate but still gives a convincing performance. A quality of Amir's is that you can really hear him connect and identify with his lines no matter what he is singing. A lot of emotion goes into his vocal deliveries. Michael unfortunately does not have a solo on the song like in the Star Factory days. He does however get to sing along in the chorus with everyone else.

Because You Want To

ALL
AMIR
CIARAN
JAMES
JUSTIN
MICHAEL

I don't need to be a mind reader
I can see exactly what's going on
I'm no fool and every day it gets clearer
Isn't hard to see that I'm not the one
You can drop the false smiles and disguise
I've been feeling the same lately
Past few months it's been one big lie
Better drop it now before we go crazy

I know you're scared to hurt me or say something wrong
But we've been sinking slowly, it's been going on too long

I'll get over it just let me rip the band aid off
Don't keep riding along if you've already had enough
No point in dressing things up to make it look good
I want you to love me because you want to
If you should up and leave right now I'll understand
Been clear for a while, things didn't go as planned
Don't stay to be kind, just come out with the truth

Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh

Guess our time is up but that's OK
We had our fun but things just haven't worked
Not everything will last forever and a day
Can't drag this on, I want to throw my hands up
You'll move along and I'll find someone else
We'll no longer have to feel like we're stuck in chains
Might as well say it no, tired stuck on the shelf
We're gathering dust, blow it off and go our own ways

Don't be scared that you'll hurt me, I'll just move on
You'll feel a whole lot better when it's all said and done

Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh

Day by day we just keep on getting colder
There's no heat even when the lights go out
Shouldn't force this, we're only getting older
Only digging this hole deeper, we're falling down

Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh
Whoa, uh, whoa, oh

Can Be Compared To
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 07/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 07/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 09/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#9 Posted : 07 June 2015 05:30:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: Perfect
Length: 3:18
Written By: J.Gringer
Produced By: LosOscuros

Perfect is a song performed by Australian boy band, ELMNT. The track is the fourth to appear on their self-titled debut EP which was released in their homeland back in February and is set for a worldwide release at the end of this month. The song was written entirely by ELMNT member, James Gringer. Writing on four out of the five songs on the EP means that James has the most writing credits on the project. Fellow members Justin Gray and Michael Campbell have two writing credits while Amir Williams and Ciaran Chambers only hold one each to their names. Penning this song by himself during a sleepless night "out of boredom", Gringer presented it to his bandmates during a creative meeting which was also attended by two label heads, Scott Wellington and Riley Hamilton. After enjoying the positive and pleasant lyrics, the band decided to keep the song in mind throughout the rest of the recording process and made it a priority to return and work on it. After a basically melody was worked out, courtesy of Justin Gray, the team at Pesky brought in production duo LosOscuros who are exclusively signed to the label. The team suggested many different styles ranging from straight up pop to dubstep, all of which still kept the song as an uptempo. The final version which we see on the EP today contains a rather "summery" and "laid back" vibe. It contains the signature ELMNT use of synths and incorporates a more R&B flavour throughout, something we haven't heard before from the group.

James Gringer, the writer of the song, describes the track as "deliberately cheesy" and "almost sickly sweet". The idea was to create a track that was simple, positive and easy to sing along to. Gringer crafted the song so that it stays away from the idea of a complex relationship, negative feelings and also made sure that they didn't end up with another "lewd party song" on their hands. Lyrically, the song is very simple and shows a relationship in a positive light. The guys sing an ode to their lovers, describing her, their lives and entire relationship as "perfect" and that they "wouldn't change a thing". The pair appear to be absolutely enamoured with one another and show know signs of slowing down any time soon. There is no catch, no uncertainty or doubt within this love song which differs greatly from the constant yearning displayed in "Glassheart", the floor-filling adulterous nature of "Turn It Up Louder" and the cries of wanting a relationship to finish demonstrated on "Because You Want To". However, the lines "Let's close the curtains, get a little privacy/Maybe now we can get a little bit naughty" raised a few eyebrows, garnering a little concern for a song that's supposed to be "for all ages to enjoy". Gringer rebutted; "I could have said a lot worse. It's a song about a grown-up relationship and I kept it as clean cut as possible. This isn't some song about holding hands in the school yard. It might be the most radio friendly of our tunes but at the end of the day, it is about an adult relationship.".

James opens up the track and shows off a different side to his voice that hasn't been demonstrated yet. While Justin is known for his silky tone and vibrato, James has never been classed as a "soulful" vocalist until now. He shows us that his somewhat sharp but powerful voice can actually be toned down to flow over the beat with ease. It is also apparent that there is little evidence of autotune on his voice, something that has been overused on his vocals in past recordings. He also manages to cope with the fast paced delivery of his lines. James also returns in the bridge for two lines. Justin sings the second verse and as always, his vocals do steal the show and he doesn't have to try. His voice always comes off sounding natural no matter what notes he's singing or at whatever speed. He drifts in and out of octaves like it's a piece of cake, usually starting each line on a lower note before reaching a higher, breathy one mid-sentence then finishing it off somewhere in the middle while putting his vibrato abilities to good use. He also takes on a few ad-libs and one big "belt" after the bridge. It's short and sweet but still does the trick. Ciaran appears on the third verse and again, his voice has come under scrutiny once more. Many claim that Ciaran is just there to be a pretty face and that he sings off-key a lot of the time. Even the aid of autotune cannot cover up his weak vocals. He does however have one of the most naturally loud and powerful voices, making him impossible to overlook and like James, he nails the fast pace of the lines which don't allow much breathing time between them. Amir takes on the fourth verse and also appears again in the bridge, singing one of the lines and providing very faint background vocals for James during his lines on the bridge too. Amir has been called one of the "sacred three" within the band alongside Gray and Gringer as their vocals are far more developed and able than Chambers' and Campbell's. While not being as powerful as Justin, Amir attacks his verse in a similar style as Gray and fluctuates between different notes during each line. He may not have the extensive vocal range of Justin but Williams is far from being a terrible singer and still manages to pull it off despite a lot of struggle. Michael, like in the previous track, does not have a solo on this song but sings with the rest of the band during the chorus.

Perfect

ALL
AMIR
CIARAN
JAMES
JUSTIN
MICHAEL

We don't need to live a life of luxury
Diamonds and caviare can stay in wild dreams
You're all I need and more than I could ask for
Nothing compares, baby know it's you I adore
It's so prefect, no I wouldn't change a thing

Lazy nights, snuggled up and watching TV
Sleepy eyes trying to stay focused on the screen
In the morning I'll serve up some breakfast in bed
Forget the plans, we won't even get dressed
More than perfect, wouldn't want to change anything

You've got that touch and I can never get enough
I wait all day, thinking about having you in my arms
I won't be satisfied until you're laying here next to me, yeah
Couldn't ask for me, don't know what I did to deserve this
Baby you're more than worth it
With you it's all perfect

When I look in your eyes, I fall right in
Love all those sneaky kisses without a warning
Let's close the curtains, get a little privacy
Maybe now we can get a little bit naughty
It's so perfect, no I wouldn't change a thing

You understand, it's like we're one, so in sync
Finish your sentence 'cause I know exactly how you think
I'll be the last voice you hear every single night
When you're alone I know you hold my pillow tight
More than perfect, wouldn't want to change anything

Baby you're more than worth it, with you it's all perfect (hey)
Baby you're more than worth it, with you it's all perfect (hey) (baby you're more than...)
Baby you're more than worth it, with you it's all perfect (hey)
Da-da-da-da-d-d-d-d-da
Da-da-da-da-d-d-d-d-da
Da-da-da-da-d-d-d-d-da
Da-da-da-da-d-d-d-d-da

Oh, whoa

Baby you're more than worth it, with you it's all...
Baby you're more than worth it, with you it's all perfect

Can Be Compared To:

Edited by user 07 June 2015 05:38:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 07/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 08/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 08 June 2015 05:03:22(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Title: No More Forever
Length: 3:45
Written By: M.Campbell, C.Chambers, J.Gringer, J.Gray, A.Williams
Produced By: Steve Mac

No More Forever is a song performed by Australian boy band, ELMNT. The track is the fifth and final to appear on their self-titled debut EP which was released in their homeland back in February and is set for a worldwide release at the end of this month. The song was written entirely by ELMNT members; Michael Campbell, Ciaran Chambers, James Gringer, Justin Gray and Amir Williams. This is the only track out of all five on the EP which includes a writing credit from each member of ELMNT. James had the most with four while Amir and Ciaran tie with the least, holding only one each to their names. The track is one of the oldest ELMNT recordings, having had a very rough demo of it since 2012 when they were fresh off of their Star Factory days. Although the song has been adjusted and updated several times until now, the lyrics and melody remain more or less the same. Steve Mac, who also worked with the group on "Because We Want To", produced the track. Mac even produced the original version back when the band were signed to Kiss My Pop (eventually bought out by Pesky). "No More Forever" has received mixed to positive reviews. Many have praised the song for prominently featuring the groups three most vocally competant vocalist and for it's "fun, radio-friendly nature". Others have stated that it "falls flat" in comparison to the rest of the uptempo dance tracks as it's electro-tinged dance breaks don't have the same "kick".

The song, like a lot of ELMNT's work, put an upbeat and fun twist on a situation. Whether it's yearning for someone (Glassheart), breaking rules (Turn It Up Louder), a failing relationship (Because We Want To) or an ode to a lover (Perfect), the boys always make sure to stay clear of gloomy ballads and depressing lyricism. Lyrically, No More Forever is a break-up song but like the rest of their work, they are still having a good old time and letting go. Their female counterpart in the track appears to have been unfaithful and has told many lies in the time she has known her lover (which is over a year, as stated in a line). She has managed to keep the act up for all that time but now the game is up and she has been exposed for what she really is. The relationship was thought to be serious by her partner as the term "love" has been used to once describe what they had. Now that he sees what she has been doing to him and many other men in the process, he doesn't even feel upset about the betrayal. He just wants to move on, forget about the person who lied and wasted so much of his time and just have all the fun she's having and then some. What was once claimed as something that would last "forever" is no more. If she can move on like nothing happened then so will her unfortunate partner.

James opens up the song over a light piano, giving him room to shine vocally without being overshadowed by any huge dance production. The verdict is still out on his ability as a vocalist as he can either be a hit or a miss during both studio produced tracks and on live performances. Here though, singing the powerful chorus which isn't too far off from being one big vocal belt, he sounds rather confident and clear with little vocal production supporting his delivery. He appears again in the fourth chorus, intersecting lines with Justin. Despite it being the oldest song on the EP, his vocals surprisingly seem at their most mature. Amir comes in after the first dance break and takes the track into a new direction. Previously we heard a powerful chorus with a big build up followed by a synth-led breakdown but Amir cuts in, suddenly delivering fast-paced, almost rap like verses. His part does not contain any big notes or ones that are even held for that matter. It's all rolling off the tongue with precision. The last three lines are delivered in a slightly higher key than the first three. Ciaran takes on the pre-choruses of the song. Like Amir's parts of the track, Ciaran's does not contain any, what would seem like, vocally challenging notes. It's all in the same tone and free flowing. His voice here is heavily aided by autotune. So much so that it's almost robotic and hardly recognisable. Mac, the producer, has stated though that it would be the same effect used no matter which member was singing the part. Like all of his vocal performances on the EP, Ciaran doesn't surprise with his delivery. Justin sings the chorus twice and also has a few lines with James in the last chorus. When it's Justin's turn to take on the chorus, the song has already built up and is in full swing which means his vocals have to be twice as powerful as James', who was slowly pulling us into the track and trying to build everything up. He sounds confident as always, belting out his words clearly and not crossing into the "overbearing" territory where it sounds more like a shout. Starting off many of his lines with a growl and ending on fluttering, vibrato induced notes show off his versatility and why he really is the shining star of the group. He can stand out on his own yet blend in with the rest of the band, aiding them along as they all come together to sing the final chorus. Michael, like in the two previous tracks, has no solo section.

No More Forever

ALL
AMIR
CIARAN
JAMES
JUSTIN
MICHAEL

I know you're used to having it your way, you want all the boys to come and line right up
I found all those secret messages, you better get ready for that disguise to come off
Don't say you love me
Don't say that you care
Don't say that you'll change
I don't want to be part of this game, you better go and find another player
Won't let my heart ache, no point in hanging on when there's no more "forever"

*Dance break*

I was caught up in a bad place, lost in a crazy situation
It's time to turn the page, rewrite it, let out the frustration
Was never you're only one, saved your best for another
Guess you tried your best to hide it but there goes your cover
I pulled you close as we danced away, your hips kept on rolling
Different story the next day, it's someone else you're holding

You knew how to work it and push the buttons on any guy
Under control with a flutter of mascara like a butterfly
Why did it take so long for me to see past all these lies?

I know you're used to having it your way, you want all the boys to come and line right up
I found all those secret messages, you better get ready for that disguise to come off
Don't say you love me
Don't say that you care

*Dance break*

I can't dwell on it, gotta get on out, you wasted of my enough time
Spent over a year pandering to you, it really wasn't worth my while
I don't want to know what you're up to or if you've now found another
Don't think I won't come around and tell him he's just the latest sucker
You took me for everything, had me believing every word you said
Well I hope that you say my name when you and the next one are in bed

You knew how to work it and push the buttons on any guy
Under control with a flutter of mascara like a butterfly
Why did it take so long for me to see past all these lies?

Don't say you love me
Don't say that you care

*Dance break*

Don't say you love me
Don't say that you care

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 08/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 08/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 08/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 08/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 09/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#11 Posted : 09 June 2015 01:13:27(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Nicole: Aww guys this was such a good EP y'all did an amazing job on each track they're all so catchy and the vocals were great my favorite track was "Because You Want To" it was amazing anyway again y'all did a great job and I can't wait for the album :)

ooc: Yasss Carmel finally converting to the ways of the holy quintet and used their sound alikes I am proud of you :P but seriously great job on all of this :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#12 Posted : 09 June 2015 08:53:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Nicole: Aww guys this was such a good EP y'all did an amazing job on each track they're all so catchy and the vocals were great my favorite track was "Because You Want To" it was amazing anyway again y'all did a great job and I can't wait for the album :)

ooc: Yasss Carmel finally converting to the ways of the holy quintet and used their sound alikes I am proud of you :P but seriously great job on all of this :)

James: Thank you very much, Nicole. Glad that you enjoyed our EP and there's more to come! Always a party when ELMNT's around ;) We love that track too. Scott done an excellent job on the writing and we're so happy we ended up with the song. Appreciate you taking the time out to give our little EP a listen :)

OOC: Relax, I'm not exactly saying prayers under posters of them every night lol. Thank you though. Appreciate you reading it :)
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 09/06/2015(UTC)