logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2015 04:32:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: June 1st, 2015
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2015
Genre: R&B, future garage, synthpop, UK garage, microhouse
Length: 4:07
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): Isabel Merjos, George Reid, Aluna Francis, Tealiyah Phuong
Producer(s): George Reid, The Wildcats

What Comes Next was the second single released from Isabel's upcoming 4th studio album. The track was written by Isabel Merjos, George Reid, and Aluna Francis, with producing credits going to George Reid. The single was leaked online but it's yet to be determined how it got into the public's hands. Not much is known about the track except that it was recorded last year in late 2013 and surfaced online last night. The audio clip which has the single cover in the video, had already gotten over 4 million views as of this afternoon.

The original track is described as an R&B. Syntpop track with an electronica feel to it. Before each verse, Izzy's voice comes in with a distorted effect to it saying, 'You won't expect it' before the synthy beat comes in. Her vocals are soulful yet delicate as she glides through each verse with confidence and sexiness. In the background, the throbbing bassline and infectious beat are heard. Her ad-libs also make the track, each soft 'Ooh, ooh' in the background, followed by her almost taunting '(La-da-da-da)' in the chorus, manages to give it a somewhat playful yet attractive mood to the song. What makes the track very unique is the beat itself. Although it's quite simple, it fits perfectly around Isabel's voice as she builds up the anticipation during each verse and into the bridge. The beat is slowed down, thumping drum patterns as she speaks softly, almost in a whispery tone, her desire to be with the man forever. Lyrically, the song is about being with someone who is seen as forbidden but enjoying the fact she can feel confident with the one she loves who is also able to bring out such an alluring side to her.

Months after the track was released, Izzy and Liyah teased they had worked together for an official remix of the track, garnering huge attention as the two artists have never worked together or even crossed paths. Izzy released the song at midnight on Sunday and flew up the itunes charts, debuting in the top 10. Although the track remains relatively changed, it still has the same message as before with Izzys alluring side now aided by Liyah with her sexual and clever lyrics. What Comes Next (Remix) has more of an urban house feel to it now as opposed to the original track. Izzy's first verse is also cut out and replaced with Liyah's verse. It then goes to the chorus and Izzy's second verse, which she re-recorded in order to give it a fresher sound. It again goes to the catchy chorus, and the bridge which Liyah and Izzy both sing together before going into the instrumental break down which leads to the song ending. The remix was produced by up and coming duo The Wildcats, and the single cover features a dark, silhouette of Isabel.

Izzy commented on the remix saying, "It was a lot of fun. I love Liyah and her music so when we finally got to meet, our paths finally crossed while I was on tour because she happened to be out in London recording and also on tour, we talked and we decided to do the song together. I think it was important to not just take the same song and recycle it, add a verse or two, then keep everything the same. We wanted to recreate the song so she did her verse, I re recorded my vocals for my parts and we added some things to make it our song, not just my song with her on it. It was great. She's very talented and crazy, I adore her. Hopefully the fans will love the track as much as we do."

====

Isabel
Liyah
Both

(You, won't expect it)

[Rap: Liyah]
They say big things come in small packages
Once I get up on it, f*ck ‘em on some savage sh*t
Cause he said he love me for my nastiness
But I ain’t havin’ it, if he ain’t long and fit
He said he love the way his name roll off my tongue
Got that good pipe, able to corrupt a nun
Make me call out to God and his only son
Said my juices taste like honey, now I got him stung
Uh, hit him with that 1,2 punch
Served him cookies for breakfast and that cake for lunch
Got me on speed dial cus I’m the one for the job
Have him living underwater with my dude Spongebob
And you didn’t expect it I said I could be a good freak
Like the good lord said, “Ask and ye shall receive”

[Chorus]
I'm warning you, you better hold on tight
You're coming with me for a perfect high
Don't you worry about a thing tonight
Cause you won't expect
What comes next (La-da-da-da)
You look at me and it's hard to see
If I'm serious or just insane
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)

[Verse 2]
What you do, you do it well
But you already know, I don't have to boost your ego
My friends all warn me, that I've come too close
But I can't help it, you are what I'm looking for
Then something takes a hold of me, I'm just a prisoner
And it won't let me go, Keep me by your si-i-de
Something takes a hold of me, I'll be your prisoner
But promise not to let me go, and let me insi-i-de

[Chorus]
I'm warning you, you better hold on tight
You're coming with me for a perfect high
Cause you won't expect
You look at me and it's hard to see
If I'm serious or just insane
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)

[Bridge]
It’s time for round two, so what you wanna do?
We can smoke a little, drink a little
We can vibe a little, or we can drive the coupe
It’s time for round three, recreating all your fantasies
We can smoke a little, drink a little
We can vibe a little, or get between the sheets

(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)
(You, won't expect it)

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 12 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
chaotic_princess on 02/06/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 02/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 02/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 02/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 02/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 02/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 02/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 02 June 2015 05:04:54(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: I never thought my ears would blush during an izzy song. So Many innuendos from liyah. Must be an Asian thing. Why I just spoke about my cherry blossom thus morning.

Nina: not proper fruity pebbles conversation,love.But I digress.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 02 June 2015 05:13:24(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: OH WOW. Just 2 days ago, I said that we need some new stuff from Isabel. AND BOOM! Here we are with new stuff. I love this Remix, Liyah gives it literally new life! And Isabel is killing it, as always! Love you, girls!

CosmaMendoza: GOD BLESS MY LATINA QUEEN!!!!!!!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#4 Posted : 02 June 2015 11:33:54(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_B: Two artists that I can talk about with property because I already worked with both of them, and something in common between you two is no doubt the personality you put into your song. "What Comes Next" was already an amazing song, Isabel pulled out a couple of months ago and now adding Lyiah on it, makes it sound like a pop classic. I loved the production behind it and still managing to keep the song's original mood. Congratulations for both of you.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 02 June 2015 11:45:03(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: AH MUSIC GOD ISABEL FT. RAP QUEEN LIYAH WHAT IS LIFE WHAT IS BREATHING THE REMIX SLAYED MORE THAN JUST MY EXISTENCE IT SLAYED EVERYTHING ABOUT ME OMG YOU TWO SOUND SO PERFECT TOGETHER AND IT'S JUST SO AMAZING PERFECT SONG TO GET DOWN TO BUT I KNOW I'LL JUST BE LISTENING TO IT WHILE I EAT NUTELLA AND SCROLL THROUGH TUMBLR ILY!

ooc: Oh my god that rap was literally everything like you need to save that and then release it on your debut album Tequila literally please release a rap album or just anything because that was amazing lol great job on everything here :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2015 04:07:08(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: I never thought my ears would blush during an izzy song. So Many innuendos from liyah. Must be an Asian thing. Why I just spoke about my cherry blossom thus morning.

Nina: not proper fruity pebbles conversation,love.But I digress.

Liyah: Oh Izzy is a lowkey freak, she just doesn't want yall to know lol. I speak about my cherry blossom at least once a day.

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: OH WOW. Just 2 days ago, I said that we need some new stuff from Isabel. AND BOOM! Here we are with new stuff. I love this Remix, Liyah gives it literally new life! And Isabel is killing it, as always! Love you, girls!

CosmaMendoza: GOD BLESS MY LATINA QUEEN!!!!!!!

Izzy: I know, weird right? It's like you have to ability to predict the future ;) Thank you for listening :) and thank you Cosma!

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_B: Two artists that I can talk about with property because I already worked with both of them, and something in common between you two is no doubt the personality you put into your song. "What Comes Next" was already an amazing song, Isabel pulled out a couple of months ago and now adding Lyiah on it, makes it sound like a pop classic. I loved the production behind it and still managing to keep the song's original mood. Congratulations for both of you.

Liyah: Thank you for being one of the best producers to do it! Maybe we'll reunite again ;)

Izzy: Thank you big bro :P

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: AH MUSIC GOD ISABEL FT. RAP QUEEN LIYAH WHAT IS LIFE WHAT IS BREATHING THE REMIX SLAYED MORE THAN JUST MY EXISTENCE IT SLAYED EVERYTHING ABOUT ME OMG YOU TWO SOUND SO PERFECT TOGETHER AND IT'S JUST SO AMAZING PERFECT SONG TO GET DOWN TO BUT I KNOW I'LL JUST BE LISTENING TO IT WHILE I EAT NUTELLA AND SCROLL THROUGH TUMBLR ILY!

ooc: Oh my god that rap was literally everything like you need to save that and then release it on your debut album Tequila literally please release a rap album or just anything because that was amazing lol great job on everything here :)

Izzy: Calm down my sweet little flower :) Thank you for all the kind words and share the nutella please.

Liyah: Yaaas boo, be slayed!!

OOC: Thank you :D I'm working on it :P

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 04 June 2015 05:37:05(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum: 2 perfect people come together to make an even more perfect song LOL Y'all can't be doing this, my heart hasn't had enough Cheerios in it's diet, my body was not physically prepared for this level of boppery. R&B is taking over right now and I love it. I might actually enjoy the stuff that makes it on the radio this week.

OOC: The lyrics are amazing here, especially Liyah's rap like yessss. Continue being awesome lol.

Edited by user 04 June 2015 05:41:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2015 23:16:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Rum: 2 perfect people come together to make an even more perfect song LOL Y'all can't be doing this, my heart hasn't had enough Cheerios in it's diet, my body was not physically prepared for this level of boppery. R&B is taking over right now and I love it. I might actually enjoy the stuff that makes it on the radio this week.

OOC: The lyrics are amazing here, especially Liyah's rap like yessss. Continue being awesome lol.

Liyah: Rum, where you been at? I don't serve weak sauce :P
Izzy: Thank you Rum :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 06 June 2015 08:25:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scratch: I ain't normally a big fan of a remix, to be honest. But then you come out here wity this and you just like bang, here's Liyah, right off the bat smacking you in the face with some totally sick bars, son. Like wow. That's a well fit way to get attention on the song, and I loved it. I'm already a fan of pop music, but keep that quiet, so I enjoyed the original. Liyah just complemented it so well and made it this mad mad hit, man. I love it. PS. Hearing Izzy singing about having a drink and a smoke tickles me. Girl dropping that good girl image ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 06/06/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#10 Posted : 07 June 2015 21:15:14(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19294 time(s) in 7679 post(s)
Deneil: Well Liyah, you have just shown us again why you're one of the strongest rappers in the game right now. Fuck knows why you're still not scooping up all those awards by the handful. Isabel, you did an amazing job on the original track and certainly delivered yet again here on the re-recorded version. Was a great idea to rework it and make it a real collaborative effort between the pair of you rather than just taking Liyah's recorded vocals and shoving them in randomly like most remixes. It was a real fresh take on the track and I really enjoyed it.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/06/2015(UTC)