logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 03 June 2015 23:40:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: Shine
Length: 3:36
Genre: Pop, Electro, EDM
Songwriers: Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b), Aaron Styles
Producers: Drake Anton Zaslavsky (mISTER_b)
Taken From - Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Aaron Styles has quickly risen to become one of the major breakout stars this year. The 16 year old actor, model and part time singer has already garnered an impressive resume for someone of his age. The New York native has quickly become a new force in the modeling world, most notably becoming the cover star of the Spring/Summer 2015 issue of Man About Town. Aside from that, Aaron has also modeled clothing for H&M in their summer 2015 line, and has now signed on to do the same for Reserved, another prestigious clothing store. Although the fresh faced starlet has a knack for modeling, his true love and niche is in the acting world. At just 16, Aaron is already a hot prospect. He has starred in the netflix-only film "Chasing Sally" and prior to that Styles has appeared in Walt Disney's "Prom", "Science Fiction Land" and "Shark Business", not to mention being apart of the Joey Lawrence helmed "My Fake Fiance". However, none of these movies would feature the multi million dollar budget of Aaron's upcoming film "Evangelion", which is set to hit theater's this August. The Warner Bros action and fantasy movie starring Aaron is about a young and timid boy with a troubling past and deceased parents; who's life suddenly changes when he willingly signs up to be recruited as a fighter and must fight to save what's left of the world alongside others with Evangelions, human controlled cyborgs created by the UN as they go up against "Angels" who are outer space mutants looking to end the world once and for all. Aaron talks about it during his Man About Town Interview:

Quote:
"Evangelion's are man made controllable weapons created to protect humanity from what is called "Angels", beings who are extremely threatening to human life after a catastrophic event called second impact that kills thousands. Without giving too much away, I play a character named "Preston" who's life changes forever one night. He's a shy, extremely intelligent, down to earth young boy who has an intense obsession with trying to find out the secrets of his parents deaths during the "second Impact". After predictions are made for a third impact, Preston starts investigating these predictions and suddenly everything changes forever for him. I don't want to give away anymore but expect a lot of action, a bit of a post apocalyptic vibe and scenes worth watching. Preston's character develops so much throughout the movie as he goes from shy, depressed young boy to courageous hero and being able to portray that was really fulfilling"

The action packed film that is family friendly and could appeal to all audiences wrapped up it's post production in April 2015 and will experiences a wide and international theater release this summer. So what's a theater film without a soundtrack? Warner Bros put a green light on the formation of a soundtrack album for the movie in late 2014 and began forming ideas for what the album would actually sound like. The album will feature different artists performing songs to get the movies themes across better and the completed album will most likely experiences an August 2015 release as well. When the sound track album's head executive producer Shawn Moretsky got word that Aaron was indeed also a gifted singer, he wanted to test out how well the actor actually was. Aaron was called in for a meeting where he was asked to sing and essentially blew the producer away. Shawn stated "I was like, what the hell!? Is there anything that this boy cannot do?? I instantly felt like he needed to a featured vocal on the soundtrack. What's better than having a soundtrack, but having a soundtrack where the star of the movie is actually singing the leading single of the soundtrack album. It works perfect.". Styles was then referred to popular music DJ, Drake Anton Zaslavsky better known as mister_b. Drake was contacted prior to knowing he would be working with Aaron to possibly work on a track for the sound track album in which he accepted. Aaron and mister_b entered the studio together on March 2nd, where the DJ presented Aaron with a set of different written records and beats that he felt would be great for Aaron vocally and for the initial themes set for the movie. Aaron instantly fell in love with a track entitled "Shine", but felt he could write parts of the track to better fit himself and the film. One week later, the two met again to actually record the track since Aaron finished writing and mister_b was done mixing the final rip of the song, ready for vocals. Aaron and mister_b finished the track only two days later and the track was then mixed once again and was ready for release, in June, the single was officially ready to be distributed and released.

Shine is a single performed by Aaron Styles and features the production values by the collaborated artist mister_b, and is the leading single taken from the Evangelion movie sound track album entitled Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. The single was written by it's performers, Aaron Styles and mister_b and will be released on June 7th, 2015 to digital outlets and to airplay radio stations as well. This single is also the introduction to Aaron Styles as a vocalist and could be looked at as a debut record for the actor who has already gotten his foot into acting and modeling.

Lyrically, "Shine" is an empowering record about coming in contact with someone or something that lifts you up and makes you feel stronger and more empowered all the while taking you out of your darkness to experience a sense of euphoria, strength and courage. Although the single could be looked at as a love song, it works hand and hand with anything that essentially makes you feel strong or brave and is in direct relation to the Evangelion soundtrack as in the movie Aaron ("Preston") goes from a shy timid boy to heroic fighter after coming in contact with his Evangelion in which he is control of, and the machine instantly gives him massive strength and power to fight, which is something the character never experiences before. As said before, even though the single is in direct comparison to the movie, it can be largely relate-able to anyone who feels they are taken out of a sense of darkness once they find something, or someone that makes them happy or feel brave. Aaron uses his stellar vocals to get this message across over a EDM beat.

Production wise, "Shine" features pumping beats and stellar synths courtesy of mister_b that charge from the very opening sequence of the record that easily proclaims the attention of the listener. Aaron's heavenly tone and range stands tall over the quick backing beat. The teen star seems to have a lighter tone than most of his male counter parts and it works exceptionally well over the dance pop vibe of the record. "You make me feel as the only one, Never before, I knew what true courage was" Aaron declares on one of the verse lines, before the pounding chorus proves itself too catchy to be rejected in the electro banger of this infectious leading single, it's certainly a breath of fresh air to hear a record that is lyrically different from the essentially pop record. Aaron proves that he can go into higher tones as he sings out the chorus with power and capacity almost entering a belt but keeping it in his safe zone and staying true to his vocal abilities and so does not enter a belt. During the bridge, the song breaks into an atmospheric thrill that features synths were Aaron emotionally sings about feeling like a soldier ready for war, feeling real, and no longer being afraid before Aaron makes use of his vocals and does a shocking high note before the song breaks into the chorus once more. After the final chorus, the song then goes into a final powerful dance break that could take the listener by surprise, the electric dubstep driven instrumental lasts only a few seconds but is the perfect ending to an empowering dance pop record.

SHINE

Under your spell, I’m well
Safe embraced by your good luck charm
The way I felt, I can tell
You fix my disarm

I don’t need to hide anymore
Don’t need to be afraid of the future
You make me feel as the only one
Never before, I knew what true courage was

You took me out of the sameness
And my life is no more stagnant
You took me out of the darkness
And now I shine brighter than diamonds

And those opaque days, loneliness
Used to my best friend
When I had reach the limit
You showed me strength

I only have reasons to laugh
Sadness had been left in the past
‘Cause you took me out of the darkness
And I don’t need to be afraid

You make me feel like a soldier
Ready to fight this war
You make me feel real
I’m not afraid anymore
I’m not the same
And you were the reason
That made me change
Oh!

*DANCE BREAK*

Break Free - Instrumental
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 11 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 03/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 03/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/06/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 04/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 07/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2015 00:02:28(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: oooh,look at this. I'll admit I never saw the show this is based on. The song is really spiffy and a change from The typical music I would expect from such a project. Go on , you stylish bastard you.

Nina:Erica almost seemed professional there for a second.

Erica: your mom is professional.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 04/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2015 00:30:49(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER b: I was surprised at the level of your vocal performance Aaron, like I told you before, Anytime you'll need a producer for a possible singing career, just give me a call. BTW so happy to see this track out there, we were keeping it for a quite a long time now.

OOC: It turned out really great! Loved the descriptin and the story behind it.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2015 03:33:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: oooh,look at this. I'll admit I never saw the show this is based on. The song is really spiffy and a change from The typical music I would expect from such a project. Go on , you stylish bastard you.

Nina:Erica almost seemed professional there for a second.

Erica: your mom is professional.

Aaron: Thank you, Erica :) the soundtrack album will give a wide variety of sounds to get the themes across and it's okay if you haven't seen the show prior, most people haven't but the movie will give a clear idea and start people fresh with this depiction of Evangelion. Hope to see you at the premiere and I'm happy you like the song!!

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER b: I was surprised at the level of your vocal performance Aaron, like I told you before, Anytime you'll need a producer for a possible singing career, just give me a call. BTW so happy to see this track out there, we were keeping it for a quite a long time now.

OOC: It turned out really great! Loved the descriptin and the story behind it.

Aaron: It was an honor to work with like, the best DJ and producer and the world and I'm very grateful for the experience. You will be the first person I call if I do decide to maybe do an album or an EP in the future, Shine turned out too well to not work together again :)

OOC: Thank you and thanks so much for being apart of this!!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 04/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#5 Posted : 04 June 2015 03:43:39(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: oooh I don't know. Being Japanese and at anime premiere.....I could be mobbed by weird people with weird fetishes.

Nina: oh,like you arent weird? Don't you go crazy whenever you-

Erica: *sits upright quickly* that's quite enough,Nina!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2015 03:48:14(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I'm Crying. Why is your Voice so good?! You better release a Album soon. I really love this song, the prouduction is on point and the Lyrics is just flawlesssssss. I can't wait for the Movie! p.s marry me. ;p
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 04 June 2015 04:16:17(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: Your are just the most cute thing ever, this song is great though, you should totally make more music, even if it was just a EP your voice is too good to wate hun :)

OOC - Omg those lyrics are everything!
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#8 Posted : 04 June 2015 06:23:11(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Julia: Yessssss Evangelion. Yessssss mISTER_b. Yessssssss adorable sixteen year old singer. Many elements that I like are coming together here. I appreciate all of this. Please continue this.

OOC: Faaaaantastic lyrics, really. It looks like you put a lot of work into the song and description, and it paid off. Great job.
thanks 2 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 04/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/06/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 04 June 2015 08:00:24(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: I think everyone and their mama is weeping at you being so young, like, I've seen the same disappointed faces and comments a million times over now. Not to mention you can act AND now you're showing you got a voice to top it off. Da-yum, boy! :) I think mISTER_b is an incredible producer and the two of you clearly hit it off in the studio if this is what you came up with. Come @ me when you hit 20... maybe 30, I can see you aging like fine wine. Oh, uhm, my creepy mode is clearly on rn. Bye.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 04 June 2015 15:55:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: I think everyone and their mama is weeping at you being so young, like, I've seen the same disappointed faces and comments a million times over now. Not to mention you can act AND now you're showing you got a voice to top it off. Da-yum, boy! :) I think mISTER_b is an incredible producer and the two of you clearly hit it off in the studio if this is what you came up with. Come @ me when you hit 20... maybe 30, I can see you aging like fine wine. Oh, uhm, my creepy mode is clearly on rn. Bye.

Aaron: So I think you kind of made my night, yeah, I'm sure you did. You're incredibly sweet and beautiful, Valentina. I don't even think 16 is that young, everyone is seriously acting like I am thirteen or something :P. Yeah, it would be very hard for anyone not to hit it off with mister_b, he' a super cool guy! Recording the record was a process, but lots of fun. I'll call you on my 20th birthday, hopefully you can come celebrate it with me. Haha :) thanks Valentina, stay awesome.

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Julia: Yessssss Evangelion. Yessssss mISTER_b. Yessssssss adorable sixteen year old singer. Many elements that I like are coming together here. I appreciate all of this. Please continue this.

OOC: Faaaaantastic lyrics, really. It looks like you put a lot of work into the song and description, and it paid off. Great job.

Aaron: Uhhhh, I guess you can say I am a singer now? But yeah thank you :P I will definitely continue this, hope to see you at the Evangelion movie premiere!

OOC: Thanks!

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: Your are just the most cute thing ever, this song is great though, you should totally make more music, even if it was just a EP your voice is too good to wate hun :)

OOC - Omg those lyrics are everything!

Aaron: Thank you Amy, you know that you are one of my favorite pop stars? This made me happy aha. Maybe I'll release an EP someday, who knows. I love music and singing but I've got my time invested in other things, I think there's always a possibility.

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I'm Crying. Why is your Voice so good?! You better release a Album soon. I really love this song, the prouduction is on point and the Lyrics is just flawlesssssss. I can't wait for the Movie! p.s marry me. ;p

Aaron: Thank you Cosma. Like I told Amy-Jayne, there's always a possibility but I'm so busy with other things going on...if I do release an album it might be rushed at this point and I don't really feel it. If I do release an album, I need to feel up to it and prepare myself to make sure it's something great in the end. For now it's acting and modeling but never say never, sometime in the future I am definitely up for it. Happy you like the single. :) PS: Cosma Styles ;P haha, has a nice ring to it.

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: oooh I don't know. Being Japanese and at anime premiere.....I could be mobbed by weird people with weird fetishes.

Nina: oh,like you arent weird? Don't you go crazy whenever you-

Erica: *sits upright quickly* that's quite enough,Nina!

Aaron: I'm sure there's nothing that can scare you away Erica...but...I uh...don't know where this is going. Is there something Erica isn't telling us, Nina? :o

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#11 Posted : 05 June 2015 00:39:32(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Okay so yeah I haven't really heard of Evangelion before the movie but omg if this track is anything to go by then I am soooooo stoked for this the track as super rad and your voice is just like I cannot explain it and you're only sixteen? How also great job here from mISTER_b here on the production side of things as always you both work really well together and just yeah I can't wait to buy the sound track great job again from both of you :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 05/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 05/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 05 June 2015 08:35:09(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Okay so yeah I haven't really heard of Evangelion before the movie but omg if this track is anything to go by then I am soooooo stoked for this the track as super rad and your voice is just like I cannot explain it and you're only sixteen? How also great job here from mISTER_b here on the production side of things as always you both work really well together and just yeah I can't wait to buy the sound track great job again from both of you :)

Aaron: Yup, 16 :) thank you Layla!!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#13 Posted : 07 June 2015 20:56:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19294 time(s) in 7679 post(s)
Riley: See, I knew you'd be fine when it came to recording and releasing the single. You should never doubt your talent! Really great work from the pair of you. mISTER_b is an excellent producer and when I heard that he'd be working on the track I knew you'd have a smash on your hands. Acting AND singing, now? It's like you're on your way to becoming a mini me :P Good luck with the movie and the song, bud :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 08/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 11 June 2015 03:44:38(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Riley: See, I knew you'd be fine when it came to recording and releasing the single. You should never doubt your talent! Really great work from the pair of you. mISTER_b is an excellent producer and when I heard that he'd be working on the track I knew you'd have a smash on your hands. Acting AND singing, now? It's like you're on your way to becoming a mini me :P Good luck with the movie and the song, bud :)

Aaron: Remember how nervous I was :/ seriously thanks so much in believing in me Ri. You always do when I doubt myself! I really enjoyed doing this and I think I might be open to it in the future. 6th member of weekend? Just kidding haha, you know my heart is in acting but just knowing people like you enjoy the final product gives me confidence to give it a shot in the near future. Thanks Ri :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/06/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 11 June 2015 14:12:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Izzy: Mr. Styles, I've been hearing a lot about you. I must say, all the rumors were right! You're really cute, you're obviously talented, and you seem to have a great head on your shoulders. I've worked with Drake and I know he doesn't just work with anyone so that's very telling already. I really enjoyed this song, it makes me just want to come alive in my room and go crazy. I mean it also makes me feel like climbing a mountain or something lol, if that makes sense. Both of you made a great pairing, wonderful job on this :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 12/06/2015(UTC)