logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2015 13:46:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Title: "Who Do You Think You Are?"
Length: 3:23
Genre: Pop, R&B
Label: Studio60 Records
Released: June 22nd, 2015
Written By: Hannah Beth Merjos-Caulfield, Ariel Hunter
Produced By: Deneil

Description

"Who Do You Think You Are?" is a Pop/R&B track performed by Hannah Beth. It serves as the official lead single of her new album after scrapping her initial third album which featured the singles "Northern Lights" and "Tables Turnin" and the official remix which features Isaac Lovelock and Miami. After those two singles did well, Hannah reportedly decided to work on the album some more and ended up re-recording a lot of material to release a completely different album as planned. The first single, "Who Do You Think You Are?" was announced as the chosen single for the revamped era. The track was written by Hannah herself and Ariel Hunter, and produced by Deneil, who has risen up the ranks now as one of the most sought after producers to work with. His influence shows on the track with the throwback hip hop feel to the song, mixed in with the Pop feel we're used to hearing from the singer. What critics really enjoy about the single is not so much the refreshing sound that's not being heard on the radio right now, but the vocals that Hannah showcases. "Hannah has never gotten her credit for being an amazing vocalist. She has been able to hang with the best of them and even live she still does it well" says Billboard critic Lisa Gerri. "Not only does it sound amazing, it's catchy too. Hannah did a great thing with taking time to go back and work on her music, not just releasing anything to have it out there." The track starts with a throwback sound, letting Hannah’s vocals take the spotlight until the track goes into club territory with some laid-back bass and she is singing over a snap filled beat. Through out the song, there are about 3 different sounds happening, switching from the throwback sound to the drum beat with horns and then the laid back bass during the chorus. Lyrically, the song focuses on a person pointing out their flaws and wonders why they still pursue them. It's a great take on a love song without being that obvious.

“This song is basically a soulful pop song, with lots of horns and a bit of a throwback, urban feel to it. In the song, you know, I’m questioning why this guy feels the way he feels for me and what did I do to deserve it? It’s me laying out all my flaws in relationships and with people in general. I’m not the most outgoing person or the most attractive but somehow this man is in love with me. It’s like I’m really in awe and shock because I’m not like the other women who lay their heart out and hope someone catches it, you know? I’m sort of conservative and quiet, which is something that changes a bit in this era for me. But I don’t usually go out of my way to talk to men and I don’t even feel like I’m noticeable but this man sees me and only me.

There’s a great line in the song, “How dare we try to throw away the cards we’re dealt/You’d better play your hand” and I just love that line because it speaks volumes. You know people are always trying to change themselves to attract other people. Sometimes change is good but you shouldn’t completely change who you are if it makes you unhappy and uncomfortable. We should learn to love ourselves and then others will love us too. I never believed in that until I practiced it. Right now, I love myself and I have a great husband and family that loves me as well.”

====

REVIEW

Title: “Who Do You Think You Are?”
Artist: Hannah Beth
Label: Studio60 Records
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Welcome back old friend!
Hannah Beth with additional names but for the sake of nostalgia, let’s just say Hannah Beth. Finally we are hearing new music from the big hearted pop songstress as she gears up for her big return with her brand new single and let me tell you something right off the bat ... She has not missed a beat since she’s been away being a mother and wife.
Yeah, there was a time when she was a huge deal, when twitter wasn’t so important to the success of a song, at a time when it was more about the music and less about throwing shade behind the safety of a computer screen. It seems like a simpler time, when pop songs dominated the charts. The question is, just how does Hannah Beth’s latest song fare in the current scope of the music industry?

”Who Do You Think You Are?” Is a pop song with RnB influences, it’s soulful and smooth despite it’s themes of insecurities and self-doubt. Vocally it feels like Hannah has only gotten better with age as she proves to any doubters that she can stand up against the very best of what this industry has to offer with an incredibly dominant vocal performance. You throw in the drums and bass and you really have the ingredients for a great club song.
Lyrically, she has always been one of the most under-rated pop songwriters of the past five years, I don’t think I’ve ever heard her release a poorly written song and this one is no exception, the chorus is incredibly infectious and the overall theme is something we can all relate to. But it’s lines like, “Hey, I’ve never been that good at being subtle?” and “Had to do some breaking, rearranging, now I am all yours” that are simplistic but are perfect too.

So, I offered the question. How does Hannah Beth fare in the current scope of the industry? Well I think she’s proven that not only has she not lost anything since being away but she’s only improved. The industry needs it’s Hannah Beth’s, if anything, just keep a little of whatever sanity and humility the industry has left. It serves as all the best lead singles do, as a taster for what's to come from her next full length album and this track will no doubt whet the appetite for that next album, whenever it may come.
So you can go ahead and call this a comeback. I’m rating this one 8.5 out of 10.

- Cara Zayn

Who, who-o-o

[Verse 1]
I’ve never been that good at being subtle
But I never could let you pass me by
Some people say I’m like a puzzle
But you’re the only piece that fit me right

Somehow, someway you have managed to do the unthinkable
(That’s make me fall so hard in love)
Had to do some breaking, rearranging, now I am all yours
Woah, woah, woah, so

[Chorus]
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are making me feel?
Who do you think are feeling this way for me?

[Verse 2]
I was never that good at being seductive
Always felt like I was being a fool, oh, oh, yeah
But now I play it off like it’s nothing
You’re the only one who makes me lose my cool, ohh

Somehow, someway you have managed to do the unthinkable
(That’s make me fall so hard in love)
Had to do some breaking, rearranging, now I am all yours
Woah, woah, woah, so

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
How dare we try to throw away the cards we’re dealt?
You’d better play your hand
Don’t let me be the last to know how you really, truly feel
Feel, ohhh
Oh-h-h-h-h-h, hey

Hey, I’ve never been that good at being subtle
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 22 June 2015 13:46:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 13 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 22/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 22/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 22/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/06/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 22/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 23/06/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/06/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 23/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 25/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2015 14:47:14(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Brandon: I don't really swear to often but after hearing your vocals on this track the first word I dropped was the F bomb haha honestly your vocals on this track are amazing and the lyrics are great as well and of course I'm loving the production from Deneil if only he could have done something like this when we were in a group together lol but seriously this is an all around great track so great job Hannah

ooc: I mean she's not passionately singing about pizza and fake jewelry but it's ok...jk the lyrics are really great everything looks really great here about a million times better than what I had for it great job Tequila :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 22 June 2015 15:16:44(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: Just found my favorite song of the summer. ;)

Kourtney: Welcome back love. We've missed you. I promise to buy this song if you promise not to leave again okay lol? P.S. I plan to buy it either way. :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 22 June 2015 22:37:53(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: this is like putting your undercarriage in a toaster and jumping into a pool. Only , you don't die. You are transported to a magical land of spinning neon lights and gummi bears whipping each other profusely with gummi worms. In that land you end up having the number one variety show on cable. This leads to you being the toast of the town. Keys to the city,parks named after you, the entire 10 yards. But what goes up.....the variety show community is rocked by a sex scandal that you are at the center of. You didn't think it was that wrong..I mean ,c'mon who HASNT exchanged sexual favors for slots on the number one variety show on cable? This isn't the goody two shoes game show circuit. You are eventually brought crashing down when one of your many,many sexual conquests gives birth to mutant Hell beast of a kid. Crazy ass baby looked like a watermelon with corn cobs for limbs. Bumpy,yellow,fleshy corn cobs. Bad for you, but lucky for your hellish bastard: mutant Hell beast babies were currently ALL the rage to host variety shows. Poetic justice ensues and the kid takes over your show. You end up hanging yourself off the "w" in the Hollywood sign with a rubber snake.

Karoleina: they've taken away your crayons in the asylum, huh?

Erich: markers too.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/06/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 23 June 2015 03:31:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum: BOP. THIS IS A BOP. WHILE RIHANNA AND JAY Z ARE LOSING THEIR DAMN MINDS OVER TIDAL YOU HAVE CAME IN AND GAVE SUMMER A REASON TO EXIST, YAS HANNAH BETH, YAAAS. PLUS THAT HAIRCUT, BITCH SLAY.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2015 04:04:32(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Working moms doing it for themselves! Woo, sometimes time off can leave people wondering where you got to and wanting more, and I know i wanted to hear more from you, of course I did. This was so worth the damn wait though. So soulful and heartfelt and just so packed with emotion and honesty. You can never go wrong with that combo, and especially not when you've got such a beautiful and underrated voice to back it up. You sound amazing, Hannah, and the world has missed your voice and your lovely songs for sure. This is fantastic, I love how it tells a story and how you open up in it. So awesome :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 24 June 2015 09:47:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Cristina: Superb pop record, Hannah. I think you made a statement with this return here, your vocals are delightful and full powerful and this is something that is instantly noteworthy. I love the fact that you've taken time out to start a family and tend to your personal life before getting back to the music, you can tell just from this record that you took your time to formulate what would eventually be a stellar pop vocal performance with interesting but tasteful production. Great job! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#8 Posted : 24 June 2015 23:41:28(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I really love the lyrics. It's gonna be my jam when I'm thinking about my crush. And your voice. Oh wow. I really love your voice, it's unique. So , yeah. This is a really good song and I'm really happy that you're coming back to top the charts :)
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#9 Posted : 26 June 2015 12:09:15(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: How much I missed your vocal tone miss Hannah! You know I'm a fan of your music and the vibe that you're bringing with this up flirting track is absolutely contagious, I Am bouncing here while I listen to it, despite I don't know how to dance... anyways, This is my jam for the American Summer :)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 26/06/2015(UTC)