logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2015 05:36:41(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Runaway
Label: Kaleidoscope Records
Genre: Pop
Lenght: 3:24
Writer(s): Liam Allen, Natasha Iver
Producer(s): Liam Allen, George Jauregui
Released: June 23rd 2015

"Runaway" is the debut solo single from singer/songwriter The Zone it is also the first single any member has released since the group split up the song was penned down by Liam Allen and Natasha Iver it was produced by Allen and George Jauregui who also has production credits on SYNCO's debut album and The Zones debut and only album "The High Life" so the two already knew what they were getting into when they started working together the song speaks about loving someone to the point of wanting to just leave behind everything and everyone else and runaway with them it has a sort of upbeat modern doo-wop sound to the beat similar to that of Meghan Trainor's music it also slightly samples "Stand By Me" by Ben E King in the beat Liam has stated the song is part of a fictional story he will be telling throughout the album which contains themes ranging from love, to cheating, to heartbreak coming to terms with the heartbreak he has also stated that this song is the perfect one to release as the lead single because it gives a little taste on what the album will be about without completely spoiling the story and theme of it

Lyrically: Lyrically the song speaks about loving someone to the point of wanting to leave everyone and thing behind and just running off with this person as stated earlier the lyrics are actually really good compared to some of The Zone's work which was a bit cheesy but what can you expect from a boy band especially on their debut album and sure this track does have it's cheesy moments but it doesn't take it to the levels any of the songs from "The High Life" did there's definitely a sense of growth and maturity here in comparison once again to The Zone's album and the fact that Liam actually wrote the song or at least his parts on his own is great considering how many writers were used on that album and sure this track isn't pure brilliance lyrically but it definitely does have a few catchy and sweet lines that make for a great pop song do I think these are lyrics of the year? Far from it with artists like Valentina Hart, Cristina Lake, Henry Johanson, etc releasing music I doubt too many pop artists will get lyrics of the year however I will say it is one of the better pop songs I've heard in awhile so good job to Liam and Natasha here 4/5 for lyrics

Production: The production of this track was done very nicely especially considering this is the first time we've ever seen/heard Liam produce anything but yes production credits here go to Liam and George Jauregui who was called in to clean it up just a bit the song maintains a rather cool laid back yet upbeat and fun sound with a modern day doo-wop style that can be compared to the likes of Meghan Trainor, Brunos Mars, etc it slightly samples the Ben E King classic "Stand By Me" in some parts which is a nice little nod to the classic song the song is nearly perfect production wise and it's very refreshing to hear this type of track with all of the more modern or current pop music on the radio Liam and George once again did a great job here so 5/5 for the production of this track

Vocals: Vocally both of the artists did an amazing job here Natasha has already proven herself to be an amazing singer throughout her entire debut album and shows no exception here Liam however who was known as the weakest vocalist of The Zone really seems to have stepped his game up tremendously here showing a lot of growth and maturity in his voice I don't know what he done but his vocals which usually came off as slightly annoying and nasally sound almost completely different here his vocals aren't only tolerable on this song but actually pull the listener in along with the great production of course I don't know how Liam managed to step it up here but lets all just pray that he keeps it up the two also managed to pull out some amazing harmonies sounding as though their voices were made for each other earning themselves another 5/5 here vocally

Synopsis: The song starts out with just Liam's vocals as he sings "Let's runaway and just get lost" before the beat kicks in we hear a baseline sampling Ben E King's "Stand By Me" along with a few other instruments as Liam continues singing showing off his rather improved vocals here after finishing the opening/chorus we hear the beat kick in a bit more continuing the Ben E King sample as Liam sings in a more laid back relaxed tone as he goes through the verse after the verse finishes we hear him head into the pre-chorus where he shows off his vocals a bit more here as the song begins to build up towards the chorus we hear him harmonize with himself after singing the first word before the beat goes back into that laid back style we hear Liam and Natasha come in harmonizing the first line before we hear Liam come back in singing the rest for the second half of the chorus we hear them both harmonize throughout the whole thing after finishing the chorus we hear Natasha come in for her verse giving us a few nicely done runs and showing off her incredible vocals before the two both head into the pre-chorus again which is done the same way as before except we hear Liam and Natasha harmonize through the main parts along with Liam harmonizing with himself through the back up parts the song then slows down once again as we hear Liam come in for the chorus he sings in a lighter voice as he also switches the "You got everything I want" to "I've got everything you want" we then hear Natasha come in singing in a similar style before we hear the beat kick in once again as the two harmonize throughout the final chorus once more before singing the last half of it again and bringing the song to an end

Liam: So this is it huh? Finally got to release my debut solo single it sucks letting go of the group but I'm actually really happy to be doing this anyway the meaning of the song is rather self-explanatory but it's basically about wanting to run off with someone and just forget everything else and be with that person this was one of the first songs I wrote for this album and I loved it while writing it but I knew it needed a female vocalist and at the time Natasha had just released her debut album so I was listening to that and I was like "Fuck this woman is extremely talented" so I got into contact with her gave her a quick rundown on the song and how it fit into the album he liked it and agreed to it and the rest is history she was amazing while writing her part and she really delivered vocally as you'll hear on the track so yeah it was really great working with her if you're reading this thanks again Natasha oh and there will be a video but not until the album is released so yeah thanks hope you guys enjoy the track thanks again"

Natasha: "I was super into the song when I first heard it. It has a very classic - almost piano bar type - feeling to it, and I was like, 'Heck yeah, I wanna be part of that!' Plus, Liam was super professional and sweet. I used to have a huge crush on him when he was in The Zone (shhh, don't tell him), but he made me feel so comfortable even though I was so obviously freaking out, just singing with him. The song is something probably everybody has thought about at least once. You know, you find somebody that you really like, and you start thinking, 'Why do we even need these other people? Let's just get away from here, just me and you.' It's a great time, and I think song really accurately captures the fun and happy emotion that comes with meeting somebody you really like like that."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Soundalike

Lets runaway and just get lost
You got everything that I want
So what do you say you wanna go?
We'll drive all night long

We'll drive from hotel to hotel
Just you and I and no one else
It'll be our secret I won't tell
We got a whole ocean we can sail yeah

Woah and on those cold nights I'll hold you closer
(Oh I'll hold you closer)
We'll find some trouble
(Find some trouble)
Down to rumble
(Down to rumble)
But it's fine as long as I'm with you

You got everything that I need
Baby will you run off with me?

And if we ever slipped away
No one could ever make us stay
I'm just waiting for you to say,
"Come on, we're leaving today"
You know I'd go with you

Woah and on those cold nights I'll hold you closer
(Oh I'll hold you closer)
We'll find some trouble
(Find some trouble)
Down to rumble
(Down to rumble)
But it's fine as long as I'm with you

Oooh baby I've got everything that you want yeah

Lets runaway and just get lost babe
You got everything that I need
Baby will you run off with me?

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 24/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 24/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 24/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 24/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 24/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 24/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2015 09:53:10(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: I always knew you'd probably be the breakout star from The Zone. I think this is an ok record. I don't really like the production. It sounds outdated and cheesy, but the vocal performances are rather well executed and Natasha Iver sounds really great here. I'd like to see how far you can go. I think the next record needs to be stronger to set yourself apart from the attempting boy band soloists. Not terrible however, I am rather intrigued. Not bad.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 24/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2015 12:49:16(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: are these two in a box?

Nina: what?

Erica: cause I'm shipping it!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 5 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 24/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 24/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 24/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 07/07/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2015 23:57:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: I went to school with someone called Liam Allen. Weird. Also, I just remembered Cassie dated one of The Zone at one point lol. What one was it again?

Scott: It's always hard, I think, when a band decides to call it a day and someone takes the bold step to go it alone. You're always gonna have people remembering you as "that kid from The Zone", and that's something you will need to work hard to break away from. However, if you continue with work this awesome, I don't think that will be something you need to worry about too much. You're on course for somerthing great here, I can feel it. And your voices work so well together. Natasha is also on point, as always.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 25/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 25 June 2015 00:39:52(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: I always knew you'd probably be the breakout star from The Zone. I think this is an ok record. I don't really like the production. It sounds outdated and cheesy, but the vocal performances are rather well executed and Natasha Iver sounds really great here. I'd like to see how far you can go. I think the next record needs to be stronger to set yourself apart from the attempting boy band soloists. Not terrible however, I am rather intrigued. Not bad.

Liam: Well you're probably one of the very few who thought that but thank you and thank you again for the compliment on the vocals though I was pretty happy with the production maybe that's just me or maybe it's because it was my first time actually producing something but yeah anyway thanks again and I plan on having it be so watch out for it

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: are these two in a box?

Nina: what?

Erica: cause I'm shipping it!

Liam: OMG YES #OTP #LITASHA!!!

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I went to school with someone called Liam Allen. Weird. Also, I just remembered Cassie dated one of The Zone at one point lol. What one was it again?

Scott: It's always hard, I think, when a band decides to call it a day and someone takes the bold step to go it alone. You're always gonna have people remembering you as "that kid from The Zone", and that's something you will need to work hard to break away from. However, if you continue with work this awesome, I don't think that will be something you need to worry about too much. You're on course for somerthing great here, I can feel it. And your voices work so well together. Natasha is also on point, as always.

ooc: Wow that is really weird :P and yes she did I believe she dated Chris Adams former leader and first to leave the group however I think her and Liam had words when Cassie called Chris the hottest so they did interact before :P

Liam: Yeah it was very difficult to actually go on with the idea I mean I have had so many ideas since we broke up to do something solo but people usually looked at Chris and Jason as the big guns so I figured there'd be no point eventually I put that thought aside and I know people will probably see me as that for awhile but hopefully you're right and hopefully I can change some opinions on myself with this record thanks for the compliments and I know I was actually surpised I mean I expected us to go well before it was recorded but it definitely exceeded my expectations so I'm happy about that and like you said she is always on point so that's not a surprise thanks again
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/06/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 26 June 2015 01:46:16(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: Wow this is amazing, I hate when members of groups get labelled as the weakest singer, you have proven it clearly wasn't you!

OOC - Love this, great job :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 26/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2015 23:38:10(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: Wow this is amazing, I hate when members of groups get labelled as the weakest singer, you have proven it clearly wasn't you!

OOC - Love this, great job :)

Liam: Yeah it definitely sucks when that happens and I'm happy that I could prove myself and thanks

ooc: Thank you :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline Welat65  
#8 Posted : 27 June 2015 02:32:43(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Oh Wow. Natasha is such a queen omg. She's dominating the charts with all these releases. Love her! And , about you... I think you have really good voice and the sing itself isn't really bad. I don't see it at the top but it's a good beginning.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#9 Posted : 28 June 2015 04:07:57(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: You know, I would still be pretty down about the band breaking up if this song wasn't so goooooood. So all is forgiven. For now at least.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 2 users thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#10 Posted : 28 June 2015 08:25:30(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: How dare this catchy ass song get compared to my mumbo jumbo, we're totally different styles and that's cool! Yay for individuality! Cuz this does its job purrrfectly fine and it's not tryna be anything other than an earworm. What's with all these band members going solo tho? NGL I'm kinda here for it and seeing what everyone's about as their own artist. I like it, dude! But... "Lets runaway and just get lost"... yeah, about that... I'm on tour right now and kinda cant. Maybe another time? Were you even asking me? Idk. Bye.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC)