logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 28 June 2015 07:33:14(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Restraints
Artist: Alec Cole
Writer(s) Alec Cole
Producer: Alec Cole
Label: Independent
Length: 3:00
Genre: Acoustic Pop, Pop
Released: June 27th 2015

"Restraints" is the third track on Alec Cole's debut EP "Just Me" the song was written and produced by Alec alone just like a majority of the songs on the EP this one takes a different turn from the previous two love songs rather than speaking of love Alec sings about something that seems a bit more on the mature side which is equality and the lack thereof in the beginning we hear him singing to the people who keep the others in their "restraints" which again seems a bit mature for Alec but we also hear him say the word "Bullshit" which is a word you don't hear too often from 16 year old "innocent" pop singers the whole song just seems a bit odd for Alec well at least if you're not a fan however if you are you'd know this is a very serious topic to Alec as he's made YouTube videos speaking about misogyny, racism and homophobia/transphobia in the next verse we hear Alex singing to the people trapped in the "restraints" giving them words of encouragement saying that someday there will be "No more sexists, homophobics or racists" which seems a little far-fetched but kudos to Alex for trying to give them hope anyway he goes on to once again try to give them encouragement in the bridge and ends the song there the song in general has a really sweet meaning and Jacob seems pretty convincing on what he's singing about however the song does have it's very cheesy moments all in all it's a decent song probably not single material but a nice little motivational track to listen to on the EP

The song starts out with a single strum of an acoustic guitar and Alec immediately begins singing showing some improvements in his voice from the last two songs it hasn't been extremely long but the maturity can easily be heard compared to his debut single he continues the single strums throughout the verse and continues singing as if he's on edge sounding somewhat sarcastic as he sings he changes it up slightly when he sings the line "And now we get to hear how we're all wrong" he still sounds sarcastic in a way but sings this part a bit softer than before he then returns to the previous style after that line and goes back to it for the last line as he builds up for the chorus where we hear a piano join in with the acoustic guitar which is now being strummed normally as he sings in a more more encouraging way showing his vocal improvements a little bit more now than before after singing the chorus we hear him make his way into the second verse which is played and sung the same way as before however he seems to have dropped the sarcastic sound in his voice this time around after finishing the verse he goes back into the chorus for the second time which once again is sung and played the same way as before he then goes into the bridge which is one of the biggest parts of this song as we really hear the emotion in his voice as he sings the encouraging lyrics the beat also changes and definitely suits him here as well we then hear him sing the chorus which is now slowed down it almost sounds better being stripped back like this with the barely audible guitar strums and the sweet sounds of the piano we then hear him go back into the chorus once more however this time he the first part "Don't worry about what they say" acapella which shows off the improvements in his voice even more the instruments then make their way back in as he sings the chorus once more before the song comes to an end

Alec

"So this song is definitely one of my favorites on the EP I know that it might sound a little bit cheesy but the meaning is definitely something that I think is important I mean yes there are a lot of important things that I'd like to write about and will write about in the future but right now this is just something I wanted to write about and sing about I'm not expecting this song to completely change the world but it's just something I've been wanting to write about for a long time and I finally did I mean I know that people are going to say things about this song some will be good and some will be bad but I just feel like I needed this to be on here it's an important topic to me and to a lot of other people and I know that it's a stretch but I'm just hoping that maybe somebody who is being discriminated against or is in a minority group will hear this and maybe it'll help them and yes I know that I personally don't go through what these people go through but I don't think it's a terrible thing to show support and just get the message out there a little more anyway enjoy the song guys thanks :)"

Stupid lies repressing minds whenever you speak
Won't you just stop oh
Just your style keep everybody down that's some bullshit
What is wrong with you?
And now we get to hear how we're all wrong
Just shut up, just shut up nobody listen
Just go and do you yeah

Don't worry about what they say
You're perfect in your own way
All that they can do is speak
So go on kiss whoever you please
Stand up for yourself just speak
Don't be stuck in their restraints

Close your eyes slow down just try to breathe
Some day we'll get there
No more sexists, homophobics or racists
One day they will care
Don't you dare tell me how we're all wrong
Someday, someday we're gonna move on
From all of this shit oh

Don't let nobody stand in your way
Because their words don't mean nothing
And one day they'll wish they could take back what they all said
One day they'll learn

Break out of their restraints

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 28/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 28/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 28/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 29/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 29/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 28 June 2015 08:45:52(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: This is my favorite song from your EP, I love it. The lyrics are amazing! For me the message of the song is really important and thank you for helping spread the word about equality.
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 28/06/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 28 June 2015 08:51:14(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: I REMEMBER THIS!!1 I forgive you for the wait dude cuz this is downright the most adorable song I've heard all year. You're such a positive lil sweet innocent ray of sunshine in this industry and I'm totally down for that. Such an amazing message and I fully support and stand by this, it couldn't have come at a better time. Hi5! =)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2015 09:19:57(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Julia: I know we were promised this, like, forever ago, but I actually think that it's much more fitting that it was released now rather than... forever ago. Hahaha, nailed it, man. You're super enthusiastic and it's like "yayyyyy," you know? I'm into it. Good job, man. Yeaaaaah. (:
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 28 June 2015 09:44:20(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Wow. This is such a good song I love it! The lyrics is very beautiful - it's really something very needed and yeah. Beautiful. Your voice is beautiful too and yeah..marry me. Lol just kidding ;)
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#6 Posted : 29 June 2015 19:22:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: While lyrically it's a little weak and falls short, I appreciate the attempt of the message. I'd like to see you blossom into one of those artists that few new acts develop into; an amazing one.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 29 June 2015 23:05:52(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Karoliena: oh...I was thinking something totally different when I saw the title. Its a bit optimistic, but these days who couldn't use a bit of optimism?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 30 June 2015 07:10:40(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: Where I'm from, Alec is a name for guys who are like 70. It made me chuckle to see a young guy called Alec. Great song though, you really got something here. I'll be keeping an ear out.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 30/06/2015(UTC)