logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2015 00:50:07(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Title: City That Never Sleeps
Length: 3:45
Genre: Electro Pop, PR&B
Songwriers: Austin Nimmo, Eilidh Ward
Producers: Ali Payami, Jamie Smith (Jamie xx)
Taken From - Unscripted
[2015 album]

Pop superstar Austin Nimmo has been revving up to release his just announced album, now tentatively titled "Unscripted". The 18 year old Australian musician has been enjoying a year of success leading up the album official title announcement and the initial unveiling of his newest release entitled "City That Never Sleeps", a record that will continue Nimmo's consistency this year. The new record is also Nimmo's first collaborative effort in nearly a year and the third offering from his upcoming album. Prior to today, Austin has been rather tight lipped about the collaborations offered on the new album but did briefly speak about entering the studio with the Eilidh Ward, the female vocalist on the song. In an exclusive interview with popular site "Coast 2 Coast", Nimmo announced the existence of CTNS. When asked if there were any collaborations on Unscripted he responded: "Yea I do. A couple. I can confirm one of them is with the incredibly talented Eilidh Ward....She's really funny and a blast to work with. I can't wait for people to hear the collaboration we recorded for the album, it's called City That Never Sleeps.". Austin's dedicated fan base named "Austies" immediately began anticipating the collaboration and their excitement spilled over onto social media with the songs title becoming a trending topic worldwide. Following Austin's announcement via C2C, there were no further mentions of the song whatsoever until June 26th,2015 with the official studio version of the single being unveiled for streaming and digital download.

Prior to the availability of "City That Never Sleeps" Austin Nimmo has released two notable records, each solidifying the pop star further as he continues to grow musically. Austin's first offering "Real" was released in this Spring of 2015 as the lead single taken from Unscripted. The record was a stunning slice of ballad pop/soul with acoustic guitars to match and notched the #1 position for two weeks on the Top 20. Austin also appeared on one off talk show "Up Close and Personal with Brandon Grey" where he performed and took part in an interview. Months later Nimmo announced the next single "Control" as well as the artwork, and released the song shortly after. Much like "Real", "Control" was also a major success for Austin. The catchy guitar and percussion ode went on to give Austin his second consecutive top spot hit. This also gave Austin an achievement as the only male artist in 2015 to release two separate consecutive #1 singles, a feint tied with it's female holder, Valentina Hart. What we didn't know was that during this time Austin was putting the finishing touches on his new album that already as Austin teaming up with J-Roc Harmon, Ryan Tedder, Noel Zancanella just to name a few. Austin reached out to Eilidh Ward after "City That Never Sleeps" was written in February of 2015 with the final version being mixed an finalized in early summer.

The City That Never Sleeps is the newest release if pop musician Austin Nimmo taken from his upcoming album Unscripted. The single features vocals from fellow songstress Eilidh Ward and was written and produced by Austin and Eilidh. City That Never Sleeps was produced by Ali Payami and English producer Jamie xx. As said earlier, The City That Never sleeps is the first collaborative release taken from Austin's upcoming album and was devised after Austin wrote the record and felt that a female counterpart would be perfect for the initial subject of the song. Austin recorded the entire track in it's entirety in Los Angeles, California at Conway Recording studios with the whole bridge left open for a female vocalist. Austin wanted a vocalist who he felt would sound good with his tone of voice. Austin possesses a light, youthful and warm voice that is agile and capable of executing vocal runs as he does with Eilidh in City That Never Sleeps. After contacting the personality filled pop singer, they entered the studio together and finalized the recording of City That Never Sleeps. Together, they created a dark, sensual and romantic electro pop mid tempo banger that is perfect for summer season. The record pits a male and female in what is "the city that never sleeps" (New York?) as they try to find each other through the bright lights of the packed city after seemingly coming in contact but losing touch soon after. The atmospheric and haunting beats compliment Austin and Eilidh's with its big chorus and massively catchy post chorus where Eilidh trade vocals, with Eilidh's harmonizing high range "ooh's" and Austin's sensual responses. The two share a large amount of chemistry as they trade vocals throughout the record. Austin starts the record off, with light synths behind him, you can clearly hear his vocals clear and legibly. Austin is known for his saucy falsetto but leaves it for CTNS, using his other signature strength, his solid chest vocals that are naturally light and goes exceptionally well with the melodic tone of the song. Eilidh is heard for each pre-hook as he plays the love interest of the song, her vocals are agile and wide and serves as a perfect appetizer for the chorus where Austin takes over for the synth-filled, brassy chorus. They join for the post chorus that brings us to the next verse. Eilidh takes over the bridge, as she take the time to show off her strength as a vocalist, executing vocal runs and ending us off with a wondrous note to end her solo on the song. The two join once more following the bridge where the beats slow down even more, leaving out its sythy vibe. The two sensually sing to one another, before the chorus breaks out once more with Austin singing and this time Eilidh adding in thundering alibs as the song rides out to the very end.

Austin
Eilidh

I don't believe in love at first sight
I guess I have never been the type
In the faceless crowd our eyes meet
And Fireworks go off like New Years Eve

Are you feeling lonely or do you just want to think?
Should I watch from my table or buy you a drink?
Do I keep on assuming that I'm not your price
Or should I come over and break the ice?

So I've been dreaming all night that you'll light me up
But still I wonder if you'll be around when I wake up

Please tell me if I'll ever see you again
Because this magical day has only began
I've heard that this is where dreams come true
Cause the glitz of Times Square doesn't shine like you
To me, you light up the dark, starless skyline
Much better than these New York City street lights
In what is called the city that never sleeps
I won't be able to sleep until we meet again

(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
I gotta, gotta, gotta
(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
Find her, find her, find her

Now I'm running around this city
Hoping that you walk out of that taxi
But I've been thinking of you all day
And all I wish is for you to say

I keep dreaming of your eyes in the dark
But I've never known of loneliness so stark

I've heard it said that this is where dreams come true

(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
I gotta, gotta, gotta
(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)

Lost alone in a town that refuses to grow old
Shivering in the shadows, cowering in the cold
Nothing shines as bright as your eyes
Drawing me closer like a ship in the night
Only you know how to cut me down to size
To make me feel at once so scared and like everything is right
I'll walk along these fabled blocks
Crying out your name
Invisible girl taking clichéd walks
Falling straight into your games

I'm searching aimlessly around this town for you
Please tell me that you're looking for me too

So many people never stop to feel something
But now you gave me something to believe in

I've heard it said that this is where dreams come true

(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
I gotta, gotta, gotta
(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)
I gotta, gotta, gotta
(Ooh, ooh, ooh, oooh)

SOUNDS LIKE

Edited by user 05 July 2015 06:44:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 12 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 27/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 27/06/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 27/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 27/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 27/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2015 01:06:17(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: I guess the power of kangaroo has finally manifested. Never could tolerate more than a few notes of this guy,but this is pretty good. Did eilidh lend him her power? Who knows?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2015 01:41:38(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: I'm in love with this collaboration. Thank you! Your voices match so good together.
thanks 2 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 27/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 27 June 2015 01:53:18(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Layla: Am I alive? HAHAHA no two of my favorite people in the world come together on one track and just make it totally perfect how am I even expected to be alive? This song is amazing both of you did such a great job and in the words of a wise man Austin, you on a roll or nah? :P again great job and I love it sooooo much :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 27 June 2015 04:28:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Layla: Am I alive? HAHAHA no two of my favorite people in the world come together on one track and just make it totally perfect how am I even expected to be alive? This song is amazing both of you did such a great job and in the words of a wise man Austin, you on a roll or nah? :P again great job and I love it sooooo much :)

Austin: I knew you would love this one Layla :) thank you babe.

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
JohnnyCarter: I'm in love with this collaboration. Thank you! Your voices match so good together.

Austin: Thank you bro!! Yeah, I heard her sing and immediately wanted her apart of this, I'm glad you like it!

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: I guess the power of kangaroo has finally manifested. Never could tolerate more than a few notes of this guy,but this is pretty good. Did eilidh lend him her power? Who knows?

Austin: .......
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 27/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 27 June 2015 05:05:04(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: I really like this song. Eilidh's voice is really beautiful and it really matches with your voice. I like the lyrics, the production is flawless and yeah. It's a really good song. The "Shivering in the shadows, cowering in the cold" part gives me goosebumps <3
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 27/06/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 27 June 2015 08:22:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: I really like this song. Eilidh's voice is really beautiful and it really matches with your voice. I like the lyrics, the production is flawless and yeah. It's a really good song. The "Shivering in the shadows, cowering in the cold" part gives me goosebumps <3

Austin: Thank you Aliya, I'll be sure to tell Eilidh what you said. She'll be really happy to hear what you said. Much appreciated :) !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#8 Posted : 28 June 2015 04:19:26(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: Excuse me while I call an ambulance to come and revive me. Drool
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 28 June 2015 08:17:56(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: If a boy was comparing me to Times Square I'd be damn right ~offended~ cuz... don't get me wrong it's pretty at night, but when you spend a lot of time in NY you learn to stay weeeell away. I REFUSE TO VENTURE IN! I had a real Broad City kinda moment once... it was scary. Groovy song though guizz, I can still get my life to it despite my little irrelevant rant heheh. Which is cool cuz no doubt this'll be on the radio 24/7 soon. =)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#10 Posted : 29 June 2015 05:27:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: If a boy was comparing me to Times Square I'd be damn right ~offended~ cuz... don't get me wrong it's pretty at night, but when you spend a lot of time in NY you learn to stay weeeell away. I REFUSE TO VENTURE IN! I had a real Broad City kinda moment once... it was scary. Groovy song though guizz, I can still get my life to it despite my little irrelevant rant heheh. Which is cool cuz no doubt this'll be on the radio 24/7 soon. =)

Austin: New York is beautiful place but you're right, you gotta watch where you go around here but wherever there's bright lights...there's a perfect place to venture, maybe even for love P thank you, despite your rant I'm glad you checked this out :)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: Excuse me while I call an ambulance to come and revive me. Drool

Austin: Haha, someone call the EMTs! :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 29 June 2015 19:17:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Amazing job as always Eilidh! You're seriously one of the top voices of the younger talent. Plus you managed to upstage Austin on his own song which isn't hard to do but still fun to mention ;) All these collabs, you're like a rapper these days.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
genocidal king on 29/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/06/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 29 June 2015 22:42:53(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: Amazing job as always Eilidh! You're seriously one of the top voices of the younger talent. Plus you managed to upstage Austin on his own song which isn't hard to do but still fun to mention ;) All these collabs, you're like a rapper these days.

Austin: Considering the fact that you don't like me...you saying this really isn't a shock. I've noticed you tend to dislike the music of people you dislike and although you are one of those people who are extremely biased, everyone is entitled to their opinion ;) so thanks!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#13 Posted : 01 July 2015 00:50:39(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: Ooh, this is sexy and smooth, Austin is growing so fast I feel so old, LOL and Elidith is like a sweet apple in a spring day ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 05 July 2015 06:42:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: Ooh, this is sexy and smooth, Austin is growing so fast I feel so old, LOL and Elidith is like a sweet apple in a spring day ;)

Austin: Haha, this was very nice :) yeah, times flying I'll be 19 next year!! Crazy right? And so true..Eilidh is the nicest person I don't think she has a mean bone in her body :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline dohaihoangnam  
#15 Posted : 06 July 2015 01:42:57(UTC)
dohaihoangnam

Man
Viet Nam

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 177 post(s)
Reese: YAS! Love you both on this track. Eilidh slays, as she usually does in everything, with those slithering silky vocals. Austin's voice sounds great, too; it's much stronger and kinda less breathy than I remembered. Can't wait for the video!
UserPostedImage
"Deep breath in, deep breath out, now"

UserPostedImage

// REESE HOLLINSWORTH //
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 09 July 2015 07:39:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: dohaihoangnam Go to Quoted Post
Reese: YAS! Love you both on this track. Eilidh slays, as she usually does in everything, with those slithering silky vocals. Austin's voice sounds great, too; it's much stronger and kinda less breathy than I remembered. Can't wait for the video!

Austin: Thank you Reese! Yes, we are planning something rather nice :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage