logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 01 July 2015 11:18:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage

Culture Uncut Article

F A I N T

UserPostedImage
Title: F A I N T
Length:4:50
Genre: Hip Hop, Rap
Songwriers: Jamel Carter (Jay-C)

It seems as if Jamel Carter, better known as Jay-C isn't taking a break after being released from Rikers Island today after serving a five year sentence in prison for gun possessions and drug conspiracy. The 25 year old already has already stirred up hype within just day of his release, setting twitter alight with people expressing their opinions about him making it way back home. Either way, he's back and ready to start off where he left off, releasing music. If you don't know Jamel Carter, then maybe we should give you a quick trail of the tape? The now 25 year old bursted onto the scene in 2010. Prior to his big break, the rapper had a tough child and he opens up about it in his confessionals. "I started with drugs at 16 and by 17 I was completely fucked up by it, I wasn’t a Rock star but I was living the life, money wasn’t a major issue because I had connections you know, something I regret. I had friends who were hugely rich due to drug dealings and they would always see me ok. If I was crashing on bedroom floors they’d find me somewhere to stay, they’d provide me with drugs at a very low rate and it was an easy life for me, I didn’t need to get a job, I had my friends providing for me" As sad as it sounds, Jay-C has always been vocal about his upbringing and how the death of his father really changed his outlook for some time. "It took a while and then something happened to make me go, “Fuck this, I’m not gonna live like this.” My father died and that was the signal I needed to really make a go at things, I cut tie’s with the people who had introduced me to drugs and crime and got the worst job I could, I started part time work at a fucking food mall just so I could afford some one room apartment. When I was 20 I was completely clean of drugs and things were looking up" Fortunately for him, his love of rap music was something that took him away from the stresses of life.

In 2009, the rapper sent out his demo to numerous record labels in hopes of finding a home where he could release music and ultimately an album and that came a year later. Former pop legend Stephanie Fierce scouted the rapper after hearing him rap and contacted him about signing a deal with him. In 2010, he was officially signed to Stephanie's now defunct label "Hot Eye Records and Jay-C recalls these moments during his confessionals where he stated: "I don’t feel like another drop out from the hood, I feel like a real person with something to add to the world, I never made a real go of my education when I had the chance but right now I’ve been given a second chance and I’ve realised just what I missed, you’d have never expected me to read a book or go see to a theatre but right now anything is possible. I still get crazy sometimes and forget myself but with people like Steph around it reminds me of what I can be, I owe a lot to her and I just want to repay the faith she‘s had in me.And now I’m starting work on recording my debut album, I’ve got some people lined up to work with and the songs I’ve got excited the fuck out of me.”. Jay-C officially debuted in the industry with his first single "Brooklyn Girls" the record, which was an ode to his hometown girls started out slow but eventually surged the charts peaking at #2.

The success of the single opened up many doors for Jay-C where he linked with Matty, Alicia Lena, and others as he continued to rise up the rinks. Unfortunately during this time the rapper was getting back to his old ways and started back at his old life of crime, drug use and dealing and conspiracies. Shortly after the release of his successful debut album "The Beginning", Jay-C and six other alas were arrested in a drug bust, causing Jay-C to be indicted and sentenced to time in prison. After his release on June 30th, 2015 the rapper immediately hit the studio after cleaning himself up, and visiting family. And it looks as if he doesn't look to hold off on releasing music as a track appeared on the rappers new and created Soundcloud entitled "Faint"

"Faint" is the first single "release" of 25 year old rapper Jay-C and was uploaded onto his sound cloud on June 30th, 2015. The track was produced by underground producer Al Beats and was written by Jay-C as his first official song since being released from Rikers Island Correctional Facility. The record "Faint" isn't your usual hip hop song, it's a haunting look into the dark mind of "Jay-C" who is finally a free man as he opens up about the darkness that goes through his mind. The record doesn't boast about material objects or the better things in life, but instead does the opposite. Over a dark pulsating beat that opens up with police sirens that automatically pulls us in the rapper takes us on a dark expedition of mental sanity that wouldn't come easy to those who do not understand the deepness of lyrics. All the more, the heavy chorus proclaims the listener as Jay-C questions "What the fuck did you say I have? I didn't read the terms for conditions
More issues than tragic comics, but have the drama stay firmly in fiction" that might just shoot down your spine as you listen, as it seems as if Jay-C is speaking to a person who tried to diagnose him with a mental disorder.
The chorus isn't the only thing to fret about, the lyrical delivery of Jay-C is ace, pulling out metaphors having to do with the mental "Edgar Allan Poe", Jack the Diamonds and hinting at drug use throughout the record (Drained of my energy, circle the pipe and I'm swallowed in). Following each chorus, instrumental sirens are heard just letting us truly understand where Jay-C is coming from. The record is deep, hypothetical, and lyrical as Jay-C proclaims himself as a force to be reckon in the rap game. It is obvious that the record is also not the type of record that is embraced by radio but instead focuses on the lyrical content and delivery. While rapping, Jay-C uses is signature flow one in which once you hear it you realize how you've missed his rapping ability in the last year. He raps laid but but emphasizes on the lyrics that need to be heard and you can hear him clearly and legibly over the dark hip hop record with a mid tempoed bassline and light beat. During the third verse and bridge where he digs deeper down into his depression, following that, the rapper rides us out with the final chorus of the haunted record as it rides out to the end.

*Instrumental Sirens*

Forgive me for my sins when I'm told to climb through the branches
Remember the fire as positive and birth lies from the ashes
Drown under the bridge, can't stand the sight of the occupants
Switch the water for gasoline then I'll light what the faucet drips
Drained of my energy, circle the pipe and I'm swallowed in
A former life on the edge turned to a life steppin off the cliff
Sleeping on a bed of rails and thinking of the crossroads
Meet my mental match speakin' to the lost souls leaking in the cosmos

What the fuck did you say I have? I didn't read the terms for conditions
More issues than tragic comics, but have the drama stay firmly in fiction
Edgar Allan position, the text marks the spot
Jab my halo with horns and left harps with knots
Can only observe light hues from the bird's eye view
Fish in the sea but everything beyond the surf line's blue
Sink and submergin could damage so I stay shallow
Hard to not let go and keep up with a faint handle

Faint handle, uh, uh, faint handle
Uh, uh, uh, fain't handle

*Instrumental Sirens*

Tied to silent ticking bombs, I'm a helpless anvil in discretion
Escape plan, let pessimism go while I grapple to the exit
Start crying me a sliver left beneath my flesh as a reminder
This is signed the secret sinner, Dr. Jekyll and his hider
There's no balance when I'm in this sad state of affairs
Window to the soul with the glass panes in my stare
Down in the stumps after the impression of my acts
No need for clever ways around it I'll just press until it cracks

*Instrumental Sirens*

Noise complaint at my own hosted pity party
Nothin for nourishment when pride provisions given hardly
Ugly truth killed itself due to hate and lack of use
Tie myself down and drag the noose, short enough to match the fuse
The villainous joker, left behind the calling card
Jack the diamonds then look back on the hall of hearts
Became completely exhausted in the long run
Take, take, take then add to hand me the wrong sum

*Instrumental Sirens*

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 13 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/07/2015(UTC), Clampdown on 01/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 01/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/07/2015(UTC), TishaJackson!!!! on 01/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 01/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/07/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 02/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 02/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2015 15:16:14(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
OOC: YAAASSS BITCH! Finally, we need more HIP-HOP acts on here, I am so excited for him. Please keep the music coming our way with him.

Tisha: Jay! I thought you were in Cuba chilling, its been a while since we've talked, come see me before I go back on tour so I make you some spanish food. Glad to see you not hesitating with the music babe.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2015 15:58:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: TishaJackson!!!! Go to Quoted Post
OOC: YAAASSS BITCH! Finally, we need more HIP-HOP acts on here, I am so excited for him. Please keep the music coming our way with him.

Tisha: Jay! I thought you were in Cuba chilling, its been a while since we've talked, come see me before I go back on tour so I make you some spanish food. Glad to see you not hesitating with the music babe.

Jay-C: Yeah I got caught up in some crazy shit Tisha, wish I was chillin in Cuba. It's been a real long time since I last seen you. Yeah hit me up whenever you wanna link up, I wanna see you asap you should that ..and I want that Spanish food..ain't have that in the longest. Good looks though, this song just the beginning. Had to get this off my chest soon as I got out that's a fact.

OOC: Thanks Tisha :) oh yeah I'll make sure to have an album out for him eventually.

Edited by user 01 July 2015 16:00:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 02 July 2015 01:42:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
OOC: This is really really well-written - the description and lyrics both, but I was especially into the lyrics. With certain lines like, "Edgar Allan position, the text marks the spot," I was legitimately like, "Shiiiit yeah, Jaime." Great job. You've had a lot of really really good releases lately. :)
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/07/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2015 01:56:49(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Those lyrics are actually genius in places, tbh. So many subtle references to things...

Edited by user 02 July 2015 02:17:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 02 July 2015 02:20:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Those lyrics are actually genius in places, tbh. So many subtle references to things..

OOC: Awww thanks Scott! Genius is a bit much lol you're like the best song writer here :P I think I was able to let my mind flow to come up with all these metaphors and out do my previous rap records. Listening to Kendrick Lamar, Common and Asap Rocky over the last week really has me inspired and especially the fact that Jay-C needs to make a name for himself since he's returning from such a long time out. I was imagining myself as a troubled rapper who has been a jail and was depressed and all that dark stuff. I needed to go for something different lyrically and I'm glad people see this. Thanks for the huge compliment, it's much appreciated!

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This is really really well-written - the description and lyrics both, but I was especially into the lyrics. With certain lines like, "Edgar Allan position, the text marks the spot," I was legitimately like, "Shiiiit yeah, Jaime." Great job. You've had a lot of really really good releases lately. :)

OOC: Thanks Hannah! I actually think I need a break soon lol. All the lyric writing is driving me insane haha, I try to make each of releases good and I've taken it wayyyy too seriously lately, thanks a lot!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 02 July 2015 03:40:31(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
OOC: YAASS Jamie YASSSS This means I can prolong my album longer. Kidding, really a great job with the lyrical meaning and content sound choice. really hot and the twitter rapping. Oh it took a lot not to jump in, This was great keep building him up and we might actually have a legit rap/hip hop content on here.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 02/07/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 02 July 2015 06:04:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum: A thousand times better than anything I could've imagined, yaaaaas! Shit is going to be popping off this summer now that you're out. You were in there for 5 years, so yes I am expecting an album by tomorrow LOL Or at least just let me get you in the studio once. I swear I could change your liiife :P

OOC: Amazing lyrics here, good god. I'm so ready to see what you've got in store for Jay C. It looks like the male rappers on TRSG are finally going to take over lol.

Edited by user 02 July 2015 06:07:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#9 Posted : 02 July 2015 06:47:43(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: If this isn't my jam currently, NOTHING is.

OOC: This is so good though, literally better than anything I could do. I actually tried to write a rap song, and oh wow, it's harder than I imagined it. So, as everyone kinda said, the lyrics is just amazing. I don't even want to start with the RP, you are always on point tbh.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline Clampdown  
#10 Posted : 02 July 2015 07:12:29(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel: These raps are slamming! Good job! Welcome back to the free world, man!
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 02 July 2015 22:39:50(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Noel: These raps are slamming! Good job! Welcome back to the free world, man!

Jay-C: Much appreciated man, it feel good as hell to be back and doing what I do.

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: If this isn't my jam currently, NOTHING is.

OOC: This is so good though, literally better than anything I could do. I actually tried to write a rap song, and oh wow, it's harder than I imagined it. So, as everyone kinda said, the lyrics is just amazing. I don't even want to start with the RP, you are always on point tbh.

Jay-C: Good looks Aliya, thank you.

OOC: Thanks! Huge compliment :) I think you are a great writer too. Rap and Indie/rock seems to be my forte when it comes to writing and my best stuff comes from those genre's. Soon as you find the main thing you're good at lyric wise...you just keep building upon it and I feel like it gets better. At least that's how I've gotten better over the years. Thanks again!!

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
Rum: A thousand times better than anything I could've imagined, yaaaaas! Shit is going to be popping off this summer now that you're out. You were in there for 5 years, so yes I am expecting an album by tomorrow LOL Or at least just let me get you in the studio once. I swear I could change your liiife :P

OOC: Amazing lyrics here, good god. I'm so ready to see what you've got in store for Jay C. It looks like the male rappers on TRSG are finally going to take over lol.

Jay-C: What? You thought I was about to come back with some wack shit? Haha, been away too long to not come back with shit ready to go so now everybody gonna know what it really is now that I'm free. 5 years a long time so I'm ready for anything and imma enjoy every moment. Yeah, you already know we working on the album everyday so we definitely could do what it do in the studio. I can teach you what no other rappers have.

OOC: This literally fried my brain to the point where I had a splitting headache -_- I shouldn't be taking this fake game so seriously with a returning character! Lol but I'm happy you like what came of it, it's time for the males to step it up again!

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: YAASS Jamie YASSSS This means I can prolong my album longer. Kidding, really a great job with the lyrical meaning and content sound choice. really hot and the twitter rapping. Oh it took a lot not to jump in, This was great keep building him up and we might actually have a legit rap/hip hop content on here.

OOC: First time I heard you ever say yaaaas 😭😭 so that's good thing! But thank you so much. I wanted his return to be perfect for him so I planned everything out to make it as realistic as possible so he can have a smooth re-entry and I'm happy the reception has been as good as it has :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 02/07/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#12 Posted : 03 July 2015 03:13:17(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
ooc: Okay I don't know how I can begin to describe how good and realistic this is like Jaime please become a rapper my whole entire existence was slayed by these lyrics and it was literally so good that I'm about to stan for this fictional character I s2g I was actually thinking about bringing out a rapper but after this I know I can't but forget rap I literally want to cancel every release my characters have planned right now tbh great job on everything lyrics, description just everything lol can't wait to see what you do next with Jay-C again great job
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 04 July 2015 07:34:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Okay I don't know how I can begin to describe how good and realistic this is like Jaime please become a rapper my whole entire existence was slayed by these lyrics and it was literally so good that I'm about to stan for this fictional character I s2g I was actually thinking about bringing out a rapper but after this I know I can't but forget rap I literally want to cancel every release my characters have planned right now tbh great job on everything lyrics, description just everything lol can't wait to see what you do next with Jay-C again great job

OOC: Incredibly sweet comment this is John :) thank you so much lol! Stan away :P

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage