logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 03 July 2015 04:46:51(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single: 9
Artist: Dae Ho Park
Label: Studio60
Release Date: July 1st, 2015
Genre: Indie Rock, R&B
Written by: Dae Ho Park, Drew Westbrook, Airemese Smith
Produced by: FancyN
Length: 3:36

9 is the debut single of the Korean singer, actor and model, Dae Ho Park (not to be confused with Dae Na Geum, a member of the Kpop group Mi•Mi) for his debut studio album Quarter Notes N Shit, a collaborative record with Drew Westbrook. It was released on July 1st, 2015 through Studio60 Records. Produced by FancyN, the song was written by Dae Ho Park, Drew Westbrook and Airemese Smith. A song about Dae Ho park's past experiences with 3 different women and how he coached himself through the heated situations, the song is rumored to be about a number of women in Hollywood.

A young actor, singer and model, it's been almost 2 years since Dae Ho Park was introduced to the business. Dae was known remotely in 2013 for his supporting role on ALISTAIR: City Of Secrets as Caleb Lockheart. It wasn't soon after that when he landed a record deal with the major record label Studio60, just months after his twin sister Mi Sun Kim signed onto Five Pesky Kids with Mi•Mi. That same month, the demo that got him on Studio60 leaked onto the internet, a short song named "May Be Young" featuring guest vocals from the female rapper Lotus that went viral and even gained a little airplay with it's looped version. The buzz for Ho's singing career quickly went away as he focused more on his acting, landing another role on Consequences, this time serving the role of the co-star of the show as Lee Hatter. Not much has been heard from him since then, other than dating rumors here and there. That was until he was reportedly in the studio with a number of people, mainly Drew Westbrook. Recently announcing the release of his debut album Quarter Notes N Shit to be a collaborative album with the buzzed rapper, while Westbrook dropped his promotional single 12 a few weeks ago, Dae Ho Park has hinted at the release of his debut single for the last month, tweeting "random" numbers back and forth with the rapper. 9 was one of those numbers tweeting and referred to. Now revealed as the long awaiting debut single from the teen magnet, 9 serves as the third single from Quarter Notes N Shit, the first two being ONE and 12, both performed by Drew Westbrook. This is the first track released from the album where Dae Ho Park reveals himself as a contender to the highly anticipated album.

Speaking on 3 different periods in his life with 3 different women who've left impressions on him, Dae Ho Park makes a bold move for his first single. Instead of taking the time to introduce himself and explain why he finally debuted like Drew Westbrook does in ONE, Dae Ho Park decides to flips the little relevance he has had in the tabloids into a hit, the song 9 explicitly sharing details of his experience with the few women he's been with in Hollywood, doing everything short of namedropping the women. The song itself is a slick bop, lead by a bass that gives it a nice groove with claps and soulful brief vocals that back it up, as Dae walks you through the song, putting you in the intense moments of intimacy that he was in when faced with these scenarios. But it's obvious that it's aim is to get the listener to wonder exactly whom the verses are about and when the listener isn't trying to gather hints and decipher lyrics, they can easily put themselves in the same position, his third person vibes to the explicit lyrics really setting a nice tone for them. The song has been praised by critics for it's laid back yet sexy approach to the kind of riff that is bound to catch on and hook new fans, not to mention many speculators.

Dae Ho Park

I used to know this girl, a childhood friend
Who, when it all went south, helped me play pretend
A blindfold for the things I didn't want to believe
A peephole just in case I wanted to see
You see, I've played doctor, I've even played house
But she was the one who taught me all about Cat & Mouse
We got bored, swapped places
Suddenly the game seemed to change it's basics
Didn't pout, couldn't yell, "no fair!"
When she started to just not care
Started to waste her time with all the other boys
Who had the Big Wheels, Lunchables, and Game Boys
See back then, that stuff I just couldn't afford
I thought I'd have a chance now that I'm flexing in my Tom Ford
Going crazy in the back of my mind
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head
The pressure's in between those legs
When the temp's just right
You should dive right in"

Known you for a couple weekends, still don't know what I'm feeling
But I've been told I can make those toes curl up to the ceiling
Spent your whole life without Dae, I can tell you need some healing
I've heard about that soft skin, I was just tryna get my feel in
But now I'm staring blankly into space, still don't know what to fill in
I can feel my ribs beat and I can hear my head spinning
It's only 9, why you gotta dance like that?
Swaying your hips side to side, you should just sit up on my lap
You know we could really use less clothes
I can tell this denim is getting in the way of what you really want
You didn't really need that zipper on your dress, am I right?
Came in here looking so fly, dressed to the nines
But for now I'm just blinded by the way you look me in the eye
Tossing around on this couch, we could do this all night
Kissing on your neck, sinking in just right
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

(CLACK CLACK CLACK) When you walked on by
Strutting in those heels, had me hypnotized
Your chin music up, you could tell you had my eye
I was young but that didn't change the fact that you were fine
You really looked like you knew your stuff
And I liked how you could hold it all down on your own
But you underestimated what I'm capable of
And we both knew we wouldn't have been talking if you really wanted to be alone
I forgot exactly which one of us had cast the first stone
All I know is those meetings with your label got postponed
And we both left fake numbers in each other's phones
But in that hour, it felt right, even though we were going bout it all wrong
That quick moment we shared between us, nobody else will ever know
And running into you here, something told me to just go back home
But these looks you're giving me from across the room keep telling me you feel like breaking the rules
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

Edited by user 03 July 2015 05:29:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 14 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 03/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/07/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 03/07/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/07/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 03/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 03 July 2015 04:57:31(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: yes! Take that! * vigorously pelvic thrusting* do it for everyone that said an Asian man couldn't nail all of Hollywood.

Nina: it's only about 3 girls,Erica.

Erica: he is a humble man.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 03/07/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2015 05:00:41(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Natasha: Uh, you got a lot cuter than I remember you being. Hahah, um... hiiiii. :) This is really awesome, especially for a debut single. I feel like I've been hearing about you for a long time, so it's nice to put a song with the face, hahaha. The whole song has this really sexy feel to it, and I'm always into that, but it's not just the theme of the song that makes it a good one. The lyrics, your voice, the production, everything is really nice. Great job!
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 03 July 2015 05:37:22(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I don't really get if this is about sex or not but it's a really good song. I love your voice so much ♥
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 03 July 2015 06:08:29(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Naomi: Dae killing us all with his debut single right now tbh watch all these established artists flop while Dae Ho Park brings 9 to #1 great job here can't wait to hear and see more from you

ooc: Really good job on the lyrics they went perfectly with the sound alike and everything just looks really good :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 03 July 2015 07:37:46(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: yes! Take that! * vigorously pelvic thrusting* do it for everyone that said an Asian man couldn't nail all of Hollywood.

Nina: it's only about 3 girls,Erica.

Erica: he is a humble man.

Dae: UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Natasha: Uh, you got a lot cuter than I remember you being. Hahah, um... hiiiii. :) This is really awesome, especially for a debut single. I feel like I've been hearing about you for a long time, so it's nice to put a song with the face, hahaha. The whole song has this really sexy feel to it, and I'm always into that, but it's not just the theme of the song that makes it a good one. The lyrics, your voice, the production, everything is really nice. Great job!

Dae: Or is it just that you don't remember me haha? Hey there :) I'm so glad you like this, it's nice to know people already appreciate my music. I've been working really hard to finally be putting some music out. Thank you for listening Natasha. It really means a lot.

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I don't really get if this is about sex or not but it's a really good song. I love your voice so much

Dae: No, it's not a song about sex. It's actually a song about trying to make a name for myself but constantly getting distracted, the different women and scenarios being metaphors for a few of the many things and events that has set me off track. I guess when you mention anything the least bit suggestive in a song it automatically becomes a sex jam or whatever but it's most definitely not. The Asian kid with the abs isn't as shallow as you think. But thank you for the kind words :)

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Naomi: Dae killing us all with his debut single right now tbh watch all these established artists flop while Dae Ho Park brings 9 to #1 great job here can't wait to hear and see more from you

ooc: Really good job on the lyrics they went perfectly with the sound alike and everything just looks really good :)

Dae: Shhhh Naomi! They don't like it when we drop the truth on them like this ;) No, but thank you baby girl. I'm out here trying haha!

OOC: Yas John the great approved my single Pray Lol thank you
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 03/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 03 July 2015 08:45:06(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Elyar: Bro not gonna like when this first started I was skeptical but then as it got into my mund was instantly changed, damn this song is amazing if this isn't a huge hit people need there ears checked!

OOC - Yes Semeria, this is a damn strong debut, your lyrics never fail to floor us all
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 04 July 2015 07:38:06(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Really great job with all of this Semeria :) I've been waiting for Dae's debut for ever and to have him premiere in such top form is really awesome to read!! Amazing lyrics as usual and a great song. You did that girl!! Nice work.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
kandii on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 14 July 2015 06:23:07(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: Bro not gonna like when this first started I was skeptical but then as it got into my mund was instantly changed, damn this song is amazing if this isn't a huge hit people need there ears checked!

OOC - Yes Semeria, this is a damn strong debut, your lyrics never fail to floor us all

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Really great job with all of this Semeria :) I've been waiting for Dae's debut for ever and to have him premiere in such top form is really awesome to read!! Amazing lyrics as usual and a great song. You did that girl!! Nice work.

OOC: Thanks a lot both of you.It took me a really long time to get inspiration for Dae and I'm so happy to finally and officially debut him.