logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2015 09:24:46(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Ain't Comparing
Artist: J&J
Writer(s) Justin Jacobs, Joey Graham, Brandon Grey
Producer: Brandon Grey
Label: Independent
Length: 3:25
Genre: Pop, rap
Released: July 3rd 2015

Who are J&J?

J&J are an American pop, rap, R&B music duo from Los Angeles California consisting of members Joey Graham(19) and Justin Jacobs(18) the two's fathers were college friends and remained best friends long after graduating so the pair grew up together however due to completely different personalities the two never really got along that is until they turned 13 and 14 the two both expressed an interest in similar music genres and television shows so they grew closer and decided to start a music duo they began posting songs online using outlets like YouTube and Soundcloud to get their music out to people together the boys picked up a small but dedicated fanbase and were even nominated and won a few small awards together so for the last three years the boys have made small waves in the YouTube community however it wasn't until May of 2015 that the boys really broke out and made a bigger impact on the music industry releasing a "That Way" which actually made it's way onto the billboard hot 100 the track debuted at #99 and peaked at #85 staying on the charts for about three weeks before it finally fell out after seeing the success of this song the boys thought it'd be a good idea to team up with some bigger producers and actually attempt to make a career out of it first step was to find a label however despite their minor impact on the Billboard Hot 100 as independent artists they were still unable to sign a contract with a label to help fund them throughout their career eventually they turned to Joey's father who after weeks of begging finally decided to fund the boys but only for one single the boys hit the studio with Brandon Grey who they had been wanting to work with after seeing his work with multiple artists he agreed to produce for them and together the three penned down the catchy anthem that is "Ain't Comparing" they played it for Joey's father who enjoyed the song but made it clear that this will be the last track he funds so they're hoping to really hit it big with this track and catch the attention of some bigger labels

Writing and production process

After getting into the studio with hit maker Brandon Grey the three young men began throwing around ideas for the track Joey who did most of the decision making out of the two decided he wanted a fun summer anthem Brandon showed them a few instrumentals that he had been working on and when the boys heard this one they immediately knew this was the sound they wanted to go with for their first official single the lyrics began flowing easily between the two boys Brandon has even been quoted saying "Those boys are incredible usually when I write something with someone they lean on me for ideas but these guys just knew what they wanted to say and I barely got to write anything here only a few minor parts in the chorus were done by me" after writing the boys hoped in the studio which definitely had to be different from just doing it all on a macbook however Brandon was also quoted saying "These boys were, it was weird seeing how like easy it was for them it almost shocked me that this was their first time recording in an actual studio I remember when I first produced for SYNCO compared to these boys it was a completely different experience" the lyrics speak of a girl who seems to be doing just about everything right and has everything yes the lyrics are a bit generic and so is the beat but the boys definitely did get what they were looking for on this track a fun upbeat summer jam that's sure to be played nostop on the radio it has all the makings of a pop hit with references from Beyonce all the way to fellow newcomer Medina tweeting about not knowing how to pop her p*ssy (see the pre-chorus) all that's needed now is the fanbase to pull together and take it to that level of course a little promotion wouldn't hurt either but we'll see

Synopsis

The song starts out with a catchy little piano riff followed by the main vocalist of the group Justin singing in a rather simple style that goes along with the piano nicely we then hear a snapping sound come in joining in with the piano and Justin's vocals for the intro/chorus before we hear the beat really kick in taking a slightly different turn as we hear the rapper of the duo and the leader (see the cover with only him on it) come in rapping throughout the first verse yes it does sound a bit different hearing his rapping style but that doesn't necessarily mean it sounds bad or odd it actual sounds in a way natural just different he brings a sort of confidence and swag to the song that feels a bit needed after finishing his verse we hear him rap throughout the pre-chorus talking about how the girl they're talking about is independent yet a freak and mentioning fellow newcomer Medina's tweet before he mentions that she does what he tells her which seems to be a bit of a contradiction from what he was saying earlier about her being independent after finishing his the pre-chorus we hear the piano beat come in along with some element from the chorus along with Justin who sings in that same voice that he did earlier before we hear both of the boys come in repeating the word "Nah" a few times then ending the chorus after the chorus is finished we hear Joey come back in bringing that confidence to the second verse that he brought throughout the first verse after finishing this verse he goes on into the pre-chorus which is done the same with the same references and that deep voice ending it before we hear the chorus which is done again like the last time after this we hear Justin and Joey come in for the bridge singing in that same style Justin was earlier where it almost sounds as if he's talking however they do change it up slightly showing off their voices slightly which seem far from strong or unique however it does go along perfectly with the beat they then go into the chorus once more Justin can be heard doing "Oooh's" in the background the boys then repeat the last lyric once more before the song comes to an end

Justin
Joey
Both

sound alike

You got me gone, you know what I mean
You got that thing, the reason I sing
Girl it's your fault, I'm not being mean
But these other chicks, just ain't comparing

She put that green light up pedal to the floor
She said she want it like she ain't had it before
All these other chicks around makin' me snore
She got me woke like I never been though
She's grindin' up on it she knows what she got nah she don't hide it
Stay smooth cause she surfin' this call her Wiki ladies learn from it

Bankroll she got on her own
Looks cute but she a freak though
No Medina she can pop that
And when I tell her she brings it back, what's up girl when I tell her she brings it back

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah ain't no comparing
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah These other chicks ain't comparing[/b
]

And what she wants yeah you know she's gon' get it (get it)
She on top these other girls ain't even with it (with it)
And between those sheets she knows that she's winnin'
Set the bar so high these other chicks can't hit it
All these other girls trippin because of what she got
No makeup no filters but still she lookin' hot
You put her on a boat she's gonna make it rock
I'll let her do a strip search and show her what I got

Bankroll she got on her own
Looks cute but she a freak though
No Medina she can pop that
And when I tell her she brings it back, what's up girl when I tell her she brings it back

Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah These other chicks ain't comparing

Got all these dudes actin' thirsty
The whole package nothing missing
And all these other chicks are hurting when she walks by (Yeah yeah get it)
Got all these dudes actin' thirsty
The whole package nothing missing
And all these other chicks are hurting when she walks by (when I tell her she brings it back)

[b]You got me gone, you know what I mean
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah These other chicks ain't comparing

Edited by user 04 July 2015 09:29:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 04/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 04/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 04/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 05/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 05/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2015 09:59:38(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
OOC: it's perfect. Loved the story and everything!! I like the lyrics and love the reference to Medina's comment :P I can't find Bey's reference tho

JohnnyCarter: I really like your lyrics. The song is fun and already on my summer playlist! I'm sure Joey that your dad won't regret funding you.
thanks 2 users thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#3 Posted : 04 July 2015 10:02:06(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel: Dad's money hard at work. :P I was unsure of this track up until Joey came in and tore the whole song apart. You go pretty hard.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 2 users thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#4 Posted : 04 July 2015 10:14:15(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Medina: I love it! Lol and the reference was great. :) I hope to see more come from you guys!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/07/2015(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 05 July 2015 00:54:04(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Natasha: Aww! Everything about this song is so playful and fun, I'm in love with it! :) I love love love the beginning, with the piano and Justin's voice - I mean, I dig Joey's rapping, too, but the piano was genius. Fantastic writing, guys! Great job!
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 05/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2015 01:10:31(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: It's a catchy song and you guys are really cute. I see a good future, for both of you! I kinda laughed at the Popping part, like, what is she popping?
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 05 July 2015 01:27:25(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Chris: ahh summer time that means time to get these freak songs out and work it ladies. This was good though. But I wonder if it passes the club test. So next time I'm in the club and the girl get down to your song. I give you a gold star.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 05 July 2015 02:08:10(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Elyar: Bros this song is defo one for the summer gonna be playing this fpr my birthday tonight!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 05 July 2015 05:08:44(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
OOC: it's perfect. Loved the story and everything!! I like the lyrics and love the reference to Medina's comment :P I can't find Bey's reference tho

JohnnyCarter: I really like your lyrics. The song is fun and already on my summer playlist! I'm sure Joey that your dad won't regret funding you.

ooc: Thank you lol I thought it'd be cool to do something a bit different and give them a bit more background so people could get a feel on what they're like and what not without making a website thread because I'm lazy :P glad you enjoyed it and the lyrics :)

Joey: Thanks man he definitely ain't regretting it he was down with the track and happy about it ha

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Noel: Dad's money hard at work. :P I was unsure of this track up until Joey came in and tore the whole song apart. You go pretty hard.

Joey: Thanks glad you liked it man

Originally Posted by: Atonic Records Go to Quoted Post
Medina: I love it! Lol and the reference was great. :) I hope to see more come from you guys!

Justin: Oh crap thank you so much really happy you liked it and got that reference Joey wrote it :P

Originally Posted by: snap_itshannah Go to Quoted Post
Natasha: Aww! Everything about this song is so playful and fun, I'm in love with it! :) I love love love the beginning, with the piano and Justin's voice - I mean, I dig Joey's rapping, too, but the piano was genius. Fantastic writing, guys! Great job!

Justin: Woah I listened to your album and had it on repeat for weeks months even your voice is incredible thank you so much for the sweet comments it really means a lot :)

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: It's a catchy song and you guys are really cute. I see a good future, for both of you! I kinda laughed at the Popping part, like, what is she popping?

Justin: Hey thanks I really hope you're right with that Cosma and um...it was a tweet she made awhile ago maybe Joey should handle this one he wrote it Whistle

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: ahh summer time that means time to get these freak songs out and work it ladies. This was good though. But I wonder if it passes the club test. So next time I'm in the club and the girl get down to your song. I give you a gold star.

Justin: Isn't it always time for those kind of songs? Dancing thanks glad that you like it and here's hoping that it passes the club test even though I can't get into one because I look twelve

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Elyar: Bros this song is defo one for the summer gonna be playing this fpr my birthday tonight!

Justin: Thank you glad you enjoyed the track and happy birthday! :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 05/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 05/07/2015(UTC)