logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#1 Posted : 23 June 2015 08:12:15(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Groups: Registered
Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: Mythos
Artist: The Enlightened
Release Date: 4th July 2015
Producer: Bill Owens
Genre: Extreme Metal
Length: 50 minutes aprox.
Label: Kaleidoscope Records
Formats: CD, Digital Download, Vynil

Mythos is the sophomore from the Swedish Extreme Metal band, The Enlightened. The trio made their breakthrough on the scene the last year, releasing the charts-topping album The Arcanum Circle which had a great reception from fans and critics. The band embarked on a headlining-tour around Europe and America including a special performance at the fifth edition of the Fan Choice Awards. After the tour the band started working on the successor of their acclaimed debut album again with british producer Bill Owens.

Mythos was recorded between January and March 2015 on two world-class studios: the London's Rever Music Studios and the Stockholm's Black Cave Studios. It was produced by the band's debut album producer, Bill Owens and features Lily Abbot and Terje Lundsten as guest vocalists. Once again the Prague Philarmonic Orchestra and the Schola Cantorum Choir were part of the recordings.

Band

The album is availalbe through Kaleidoscope Records in five formats: Standard Jewelcase CD, Limited-Edition Digipack Double CD, Digital Download, Standard Vynil and Limited-Edition Double Vynil.

This brand new effort includes the previously released singles: Visions, I Am The Darkness, Rising and The Rape Of Persephone. Mythos comes divided in two different parts: the first one is known as Hymns Of Ancient Mythos and the second as Tales Of The Lovecraft Mythos. The first part of the album is based on acient stories of different mythologies: sumerian, babylonic, slavic and greek. The second part is based on the work of H. P. Lovecraft and its fictional universe, a topic that the band also used on their debut album. It consists of 10 new songs with a running time of 50 minutes aprox.

Band

Tom Orgsen comments: "When I started with Enlightened I knew that it was going to be the most ambitious project of my life. I worked really, really hard on the debut album...I worked on it for years, 'Arcanum Circle' is something like a 'Best Of' compilation of everything I have written after REÄLM...And now, we're making a very important step, this sophomore album marks the first time we start working on a release as a band, you know, I had almost all the songs from 'Arcanum' finished when the guys joined the band so this second album is something like our real debut as a group! We need to prove that we aren't a 'one-hit-band'...our debut album made it very well, it sold well and it was very well received by fans and critics, but we want more. We want to surpass ourselves...And I think we came up with a great sophomore release for all of you...It's heavier, darker, more epic than our previous effort...But it's also a lot more melodic and intrincated, we have more clean vocals now, but we also have louder and darker growls sometimes. Why is it called 'Mythos'?...Well, it's strongly influenced by H. P. Lovecraft stories, which are known as Mythos, and there're also some mythological topics on the lyrics...It's not a concept album, it's not based on a single story, but it's totally influenced by different fictional or mythological stories. I thought that name represents the album very well, so I chose it."

Band

Tracklist:

Chapter I: Hymns Of Ancient Mythos
1) Enûma Eliš (intro) [1:27]
2) Rising [4:29]
3) I Am The Darkness [4:42]
4) At The Mountains Of Fate [6:38]
5) Ares, God Of War [5:48]
6) The Rape Of Persephone [7:19]

Chapter II: Tales Of The Lovecraft Mythos
7) Visions [5:17]
8) The Road To Dunwhich [4:56]
9) Crawling Chaos [4:16]
10) The Dream-Quest Of Unknown Kadath [4:31]

Band

Singles:

UserPostedImage
Visions [#4]
March 2nd, 2015

UserPostedImage
I Am The Darkness [#1]
March 28th, 2015

UserPostedImage
Rising [#6]
May 25th, 2015

UserPostedImage
The Rape Of Persephone [#1]
June 18th, 2015

Credits:

The Enlightened are:
Tom Orgsen - Lead Vocals, Guitars & Violin
Andreas Nedland - Bass & Backing Vocals
Fredrik Hedlund - Drums & Percussion

Guests Musicians:
Lily Abbot - Lead Vocals (track 6)
Terje Lundsten - Backing Vocals (tracks 5, 8 & 10)

All lyrics written by Tom Orgsen except track 9 written by Andreas Nedland.
All music composed by Tom Orgsen except track 4 composed by Andreas Nedland, track 8 composed by Tom Orgsen & Fredrik Hedlund and track 9 composed by Tom Orgsen & Andreas Nedland.
Additional guitars and keyboards by Terje Lundsten.
Orchestration and choir arranged by Gaute Storås & Tom Orgsen.
Recorded with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and the Schola Cantorum Choir.

Produced, engineered & mixed by Bill Owens.
Mastered by Terje Lundsten.
Recorded at Rever Music Studios, London & Black Cave Studios, Stockholm.
Mixed at Rever Music Studios, London. Mastered at Black Cave Studios, Stockholm.

Band

In first place, we'd like to thank all our fans world wide, you make this possible! This new effort could not be feasible without your incredible and outstanding support, thanks for everything people! We also want to thank our families: you are our real pillar, we are here because of you and you are always on our thoughts. Also thanks to our amazing friends, the people at Kaleidoscope Records, the amazing Lily Abbot, Penetralia and all the rock musicians world wide!

Tom Orgsen

Edited by user 01 August 2015 05:15:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
thanks 11 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 23/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
#2 Posted : 24 June 2015 08:46:12(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Chapter I:

Hymns Of Ancient Mythos

Track I

UserPostedImage

Genre: Tribal / Spoken
Lenght: 1:27
Writters: Tom Orgsen

About:

Enûma Eliš is the introduction of the album, an orchestral / tribal prelude with a lot of middle-eastern elements. It's based on (and takes it title from) the babylonian creation mythos which was discovered in 1849. The Enûma Eliš has about a thousand lines and is recorded in Old Babylonian on seven clay tablets, each holding between 115 and 170 lines of Sumero-Akkadian cuneiform script. This epic is one of the most important sources for understanding the Babylonian worldview, centered on the supremacy of Marduk and the creation of humankind for the service of the gods. Its primary original purpose, however, is not an exposition of theology or theogony but the elevation of Marduk, the chief god of Babylon, above other Mesopotamian gods.

"We wanted to have an epic and 'mysterious' introduction as the opening track of the album...It starts and ends with some old-babylonian words and between them we put the translated version of the introduction of the Enuma Elish. I think it's a great intro, very dark and epic. It's connected with 'Rising', them both are about the same mythology and musically they're connected too."

Lyrics:

E-nu-ma e-liš la na-bu-ú šá-ma-mu...

When the sky above was not named,
and the earth beneath did not yet bear a name,
and the primeval Apsû, who begat them,
and chaos, Tiamat, the mother of them both.
Their waters were mingled together,
and no field was formed, no marsh was to be seen;
When of the gods none had been called into being.

E-nu-ma dingir dingir la šu-pu-u ma-na-ma...

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 8 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 25/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
#3 Posted : 25 June 2015 06:54:35(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track II

UserPostedImage

Genre: Symphonic Black Metal
Lenght: 4:29

About:

Rising is the first song of the album, following the tribal introduction. This song is a continuation to "Enûma Eliš", it's also based on the sumerian mythology and musically is connected with the ending of the intro. Rising is described by band members as a brutal, dark and epic song, which is one of the shortest tunes on the album. It's very influenced by classical Extreme Metal, mainly by Black Metal, due to its dark and 'mysterious' atmosphere. There're also symphonic and orchestral elements, as the first violin solo the band have ever recorded. The lyrics, as already said, are based on the sumerian mythology: about the rising of very important and iconic cities of the ancient Mesopotamia.

"This is, for sure, one of the heaviest and darkest songs we have ever recorded. A true piece of extremely heavy and melodic Black Metal, there are lot of blast-beats and really low-tuned guitars, with some symphonic elements too. I recorded a violin solo, for the first time of my life! It's a fuckin' evil song, really epic and dark, it has a strong middle-eastern influence on its sound, we put a lot of arabic melodies for the lead guitars and the result is really cool."

Lyrics:

Dormant gods are waiting for the throne.
This is the era of perish,
time is flowing back,
the earth is turning back to its origin,
Rising of Nippur!

Nothing is like the future,
insurgency of past has begun.
This is nocturnal terror,
god's minions are loading the shelter,
but he chose the reclusion.
Rising of Uruk!

Nibiru is approaching, era is changing.
War god we reclaim thee,
bury the false prophets into sands,
vomit your loathing to them,
who leave you into relics,
show your ominious mystery.
Rising of Lagash!

Now the earth is two pieces,
fifth era is the darkest one.
Conquerors are the ancient ones,
now Annunaki walks the earth,
rules the world again.
This is rising of Ur!

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
AmyJayneXoX on 25/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 25/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
#4 Posted : 25 June 2015 07:47:05(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track III

UserPostedImage

Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Lenght: 4:42

About:

I Am The Darkness can be described as a classic heavy metal effort, featuring one of the catchiest chorous the band has produced. For this song the band left their distinctive orchestral / symphonic black metal sound to practice a more melodic death metal style, very influenced by 80's classic heavy metal, featuring lead-twin guitars, lead bass-guitars and less extreme metal blast beats. There're no symphonic or orchestral elements, making it one of the most classic-heavy-metal-oriented songs by The Enlightened. The track is something like the third part of the 'mesopotamian saga' (started and continued in the two previous tracks), it's based on the sumerian mythology, more specifically on the story of Ereshkigal, the goddess of darkness.

"IATD isn't the classic song from us...It's really different from our other efforts, you won't find any orchestral or symphonic melodies here, it's a total Melodic Death metal song! Very influenced by classic heavy and thrash metal, like Iron Maiden or Megadeth, mixed with growl vocals. I always wanted to make a more classic metal oriented song with The Enlightened! This is a simple, straightforward and brutal heavy metal anthem! I think we wrote some of our most catchiest melodies for this song, you won't get the main riff out of your head easily!"

Lyrics:

At the conception of time, I was born.
From black Moon's red tears I rose,
I took the shape of the thousand forms,
I lived in the temples of crystal ice.

I swear, by the eternal that is in me,
nothing has ended, for nothing has begun.
The key is in me, for I am the cosmos,
nothing has ended, for nothing has begun.

After many aeons, I return, I return.
My kingdom is yours, I am the darkness.

Frozen lakes, the domain of the water spirits.
Through the sky unclouded once again.
Flame is coming from the sky,
one word was spoken, the second yet shall be.

Tremble not, for the time now is young.
My place is in the peaks of grandeur.
From the void we came, the words we sung,
now everything is said, and yet, none.

My kingdom is yours, I am the darkness.

Flowing through the veins of the Earth.
Silence and peace, the return of the lunar cults.
The message is within, the end has begun,
the rise of the moon, the fall of the sun.

My kingdom is yours, I am the darkness!

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
AmyJayneXoX on 25/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 25/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 25/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC)
#5 Posted : 28 June 2015 07:19:28(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track IV

UserPostedImage

Genre: Symphonic / Orchestral Metal
Lenght: 6:38
Writters: Tom Orgsen & Andreas Nedland

About:

At The Mountains Of Fate is one of the longest tracks on the album, clocking at 6:38. Described by band members as an epic anthem with a lot of orchestral and symphonic elements. For the first time ever on the band's career, Tom Orgsen uses mainly clean vocals, just using the characteristic growl voices in select parts of the chorous. ATMOF is, as said by band members, a total orchestral / symphonic song with a big predominance of piano, cello and violin melodies. The lyrics of the song are based on Triglav, a deity in Slavic mythology, which is depicted as a fusion of three major Slavic gods.

"This song is very different from our other efforts on the album, it is an orchestral composition with metal elements and for the first time clean vocals are protagonist. The Prague Philarmonic Orchestra has the real main role here, they did an outstanding job, here they're not just paying as an accompany, this song was composed as an orchestral piece. I would define this track as epic, melodic and dark, I consider it one of our finest pieces. It was originally named 'Triglav' but then we decided to change the title, I think that the new one sounds pretty cool. ATMOF is the first contribution between Andreas and myself, he's a great musician and has a very good ear for orchestral pieces! I think this song will surprise our fans and we hope you like it!"

Lyrics:

Strong winds roaring,
over the mountains of stone.
Throughout the lands
of greenness and peace,
passing the realm
where the moon never descends.
Raising the wings,
of the great dragon I see.

Dragon's flight,
with the speed of the winds.
In his eyes reflecting,
the caves of the wise.
The great Triglav.
Into the mountain he descends,
where the ancient of ancients,
the wisest one dwells.

Flickering of the light,
in the darkness appears,
an old dragon's figure,
in twilight he stands.
Tremendous wisdom,
in his scales lies hidden.
The sound of his roar,
awakens all that is there.

And then he had flown,
with the powers of night.
Not far off,
a sight of the mountain exposes.

Three-headed dragon there stands.
The white chief of the mountains, Triglav.
Thousand and one times, praised be his name.

At the Mountains of fate he stands.
The fusion of three deites, Triglav.

Nothing else had he seen, but rocks and ice.
Upon a cliff, three-headed dragon has landed.
Black as night, the land reflected.
By the moonlight, fluttering of his wings.
Shout pinching the air.

Strong winds roaring, over the mountains
of stone, throughout the lands
of greenness and peace.
White became black, nothing more
was the same, trembling the land,
thunderbolt hits the ground.

Three-headed dragon there stands.
The white chief of the mountains, Triglav.

Over the Mountains of fate he stands.
The fusion of three deites, Triglav.

Sky, earth and underworld.
The three heads of Triglav,
he shall stand beyond the realms
of the mountains of fate.

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
snap_itshannah on 28/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 29/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#6 Posted : 29 June 2015 06:25:53(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track V

UserPostedImage

Genre: Melodic Death Metal
Lenght: 5:48

About:

Ares, God Of War is the third longest song on the album, only being surpassed by 'At The Mountains Of Fate' and 'The Rape Of Persephone'. This is the first of two songs based on the greek mythology (the other being the next track), and specifically is about the greek god of war, Ares, who is one of the Twelve Olympians and the son of Zeus. Muiscally, 'Ares' is a more straightforward song with less orchestral and symphonic elements, very influenced by the melodic death metal genre. In the other hand, it features a big choir and backing vocals work, giving an epic sound to the tune. Terje Lundsten (ex-REÄLM), who mastered the album, joins the band as a backing vocalist.

"We decided that after a completely orchestral piece like 'At The Mountains Of Fate' we should have a very straight-forward song, so we put 'Ares'...this is a really epic extreme metal song, very melodic and heavy at the same time. It doesn't feature very orchestral or symphonic elements but we wanted to have a great choir-work for this song. It's really epic, it creates something like a mythologic atmosphere for the song, we wanted to achieve that since this is a greek-mythology-based tune. It's one of the most-classic melodic extreme metal songs we have ever recorded, straight-to-the-head metal combined with an epic backing vocals work. Unleash the god of war!"

Lyrics:

Eyes of fire tear the sky.
Crimson blood flows at his feet.
Mighty armies on his side,
marching to the war drum beat.
The wind brings death upon its brow.
His enemies line up like sheep.
Terror strikes the warrior proud.
Widows left at home to weep.
Ares, God of War, has come tonight.
Raise the banners, let the arrows fly!

Death shall take you now, with its tender mercies.
You will taste steel and violence.
Feel his passion and his rage,
feel the power of the Ram.
March with the damned,
fight the fight, live the life.
Glory for your sacrifice,
worthy deeds as you bleed.
Follow Ares.
The Spartans lived on his decree,
they learned from him their deadly dance.

The Grecians owe their victory,
against Troy's defiance.
Attila conquered by his sword,
and razed the Baltic low,
and when the Kaesar fought the world,
he fought against them with with their foes.
Ares, God of war, has come tonight.

Eyes of horror tear the night,
as he lays his plans.
Now the new world lives in freight,
and brand new soldiers take their stand.
Let it rain fire from the sky,
raise the flag and battle cries,
as Ares now draws nigh.

Ares, God of War, has come to fight.
Let blood rain from the skies!
Ares, God of war, has come tonight.

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
Welat65 on 29/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#7 Posted : 30 June 2015 07:22:30(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track VI

UserPostedImage

Lenght: 7:19

About:

The Rape Of Persephone is the longest song on 'Mythos', with a duration of over 7 minutes. This song is described by band members as an epic extreme metal hymn wich has a lot of symphonic, orchestral and neo-classical elements. The lyrics are based on the greek mythology: about the kidnapping of Persephone by Hades and the relationship between these rulers of the Underworld. The band summoned the well-known rock vocalist Lily Abbot for this song, marking the first-ever collaboration of the band with a female singer.

"This is the first time we have a guest lead vocalist with us...And the first time we have some female voices on a song! It's totally awesome. I wrote this song thinking on a female voice. I always wanted to have Mrs. Abbot on this tune, her voice is perfect for the role of Persephone. The song is something like a dialogue between her and Hades, who is potrayed by me, well, I tried my best haha! The idea was to contrast my growl deep voices with the beautiful clean voice by Lilly, I think the result is really good, her voice fits our music really well! TROP is, for sure, one of the most-epic tunes we have ever recorded, featuring a lot of progressive and gothic elements: it's a very dark and heavy song but it's extremely melodic too, with a big use of orchestral elements and a total protagonism of the keyboards."

Lyrics:

I’m the ruler of the dead,
I'll fill your soul with seathing dread.
The river Styx leads to my kingdom's core,
my eyes are fire, they give no tears.
And this cape of Darkness turns your fears,
into dreams no mortal dreamed before,
yet all my power leaves so alone.
The greatest gifts can't soothe my longing moan.

Persephone, come to me, you're both dark and fair.
Persephone, walk with me on to death's true lair.

I'm the daughter of your brother Zeus,
turn your eyes and wipe your drool,
leave me be and go upon your way.
Darkest night flows in your wake,
my very soul you cause to quake.
If you take me, now, you will pay,
I hear your chariot, and horses black.
Your laughter tears my heart and I can't fight back.

Hades no, your heart is cold.
Now you should be wear.

I am Hades, hear my roar, you belong to me,
fight as you will, your fate is sealed.
This you soon will see...

I hear my mother's desperate cries,
release me Hades and cease your lies!
My Father soon will come for sure,
yet time has left me here.

And that which once was fear,
has turned into a love for my power.
I am the queen of Hades' love and might,
once dreadful of his eyes I now see light.

I know now, Hades my love, I belong right here.
I am Hades, hear my roar, I am now complete.
With my bride now by my side, the men of earth belong to me.

She who destroys the light thus becomes the queen of the night.

I am the queen of the night...
I am the queen of the night...

I am Hades, hear my roar, I am now complete.
With my bride now by my side, the end of the earth belongs to me.
I am the king of the dead.
I am the queen of the night.

Hades = Tom Orgsen
Persephone = Lily Abbot

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 9 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 30/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/06/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#8 Posted : 30 June 2015 12:14:55(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Chapter II:

Tales Of Lovecraft Mythos

Track VII

UserPostedImage

Lenght: 5:17

About:

'Tales Of Lovecraft Mythos' is the second chapter on the album, a saga of four tracks completely based on the works of H. P. Lovecraft, a topic the band already used on the debut album, The Arcanum Circle (in four songs: 'Whisperer In Darkness', 'Ascension To Abyss', 'The Old Ones' and 'Cthulhu'). This second part of the album kicks off with Visions, which was released as the first single from Mythos, back in March. This tune can be described as a mid-tempo, epic and dark effort. It features a lot of death metal's blast-beats and black metal characteristic harsh vocals and low-tuned / dirty guitar sound mixed with the distinctive melodic sound, and the orchestral and symphonic elements that are present in the most songs from the band. The song's lyrics are based on H. P. Lovecraft's short story Polaris which' is one of Lovecraft's most autobiographical stories, reflecting his feelings of guilt, frustration, and uselessness during World War I.

"This song has a lower tempo than the classic Enlightened songs. Anyways, brutal blast-beats and low-tuned guitars are there! 'Visions' is really brutally heavy and melodic at the same time. It's a dark and epic mid-tempo piece, with a lot of orchestral and symphonic elements. This is our trademark, mixing the brutality of death metal and the 'obscurity' of black metal with the melodic calm of symphonic and orchestral music. The voices are very low-tuned for this song, leaving behind the high-pitched screams of songs like 'Rising' or 'I Am The Darkness'.

Lyrics:

All through the long hellish hours of blackness,
glows the pole star with uncanny light.
When the winds from the north curse and whine
and trees of the swamp mutter to each other.

Slumber, watcher, till the spheres.
Six and twenty thousand years,
have revolved, and I return
to the spot where now I burn!

Other stars anon shall rise!
To the axis of the skies!

In midst of dreams, a marble city.
Glowing beneath the leering star.
Yet my visions convince me, that this is reality...

Winking hideously like an insane watching eye,
which strives to convey some strange message,
yet recalls nothing, nothing save,
that it once had a message to convey.

Within my dreams I scream for wakefulness,
but these demons laugh and say I dream not.
While I sleep they mock, devouring those marble walls.
I writhe in agony of guilt; frantic to save myself.

Other stars anon shall rise!
To the axis of the skies!

In midst of dreams, a marble city.
Glowing beneath the leering star.
Yet my visions convince me, that this is reality...

Other stars anon shall rise.
To the axis of the skies.
Stars that soothe and stars that bless,
with a sweet forgetfulness.
Only when my round is over,
shall the past disturb thy door...

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 7 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 01/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#9 Posted : 04 July 2015 07:36:57(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track VIII

UserPostedImage

Lenght: 4:56
Writters: Tom Orgsen & Fredrik Hedlund

About:

The Road To Dunwich is another straight-forward symphonic extreme metal effort, it stands as one of the darkest tunes on the album, with a very deep-and-low grow vocals work alongside a very dirty guitar sound. TRTD features a different sound from the previous songs, with a more 'modern' feeling on the guitar and keyboards sound at one hand, and a more 'robotic' sound on the vocals at the other. The song is based on H. P. Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" short story (1928), which is one of the core stories of the Cthulhu Mythos.

"I think Dunwich is a very different song from the previous tracks. It's a completely symphonic-driven black metal effort, with a lot of keyboards and a huge backing-vocals work, anyways it sounds a bit more 'modern', the guitar sound has something like a metalcore feeling and the voices aren't so loud as usual. This is symphonic modern black metal, fucking dark, heavy and melodic. The lyrics are based on one of my favourite stories of Mr. Lovecraft: 'The Dunwhich Horror' is a really epic story, part of the Cthulhu Mythos...at one point, I can say this song is something like a sequel to our debut album's 'Cthulhu'!"

Lyrics:

While traveling the road to Dunwich,
so many dark years ago...
It was then that I heard it,
from above came the fathers' call.

It was heard in the night,
out on Sentinel Hill.
Where it is said the Gods live still.

On Sentinel Hill, figures were dancing
and celebrating something unknown.

It would happen on this night,
Yog-Sothoth would arise.
On this Samhain night behold...He arrives!
Yog-Sothoth arise!

My mind quivers at the thought of what I saw,
a break in reality, a gate to outer spheres.
And lowering from the crack in the unreal skies,
came a tendril of cylopean size.

I remember people running from thier homes outside to see,
as the horror from above descended to the streets.

It did happen on that night,
Yog-Sothoth did arrive.
On that hell born night, My God...Time to Die!

It was then that I did run,
from the son who called his fathers name, the one who is the gate.
Yog-Sothoth!

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
Famouss7x7 on 04/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 14/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#10 Posted : 04 July 2015 08:51:03(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track IX

UserPostedImage

Genre: Black Metal
Lenght: 4:16

About:

Crawling Chaos is the shortest song (not counting the intro) on the album and appears like a very fast and heavy straightforward effort. Very influenced by classic extreme metal, the band don't use any orchestral or symphonic arrangements on this song. It's described by the band members as one of the simplest and heaviest song they have ever recorded. It's the only track not to feature lyrics written by Tom Orgsen, Andreas Nedland wrote them instead, and are based on the Nyarlathotep (also known as The Necronomicon and Crawling Chaos) character created by Lovecraft for the Cthulhu Mythos.

"This a back-to-the-basics song, a extremely powerful metal song without keyboards or orchestral melodies, straight-forward extreme metal with loud growl-vocals. We didn't use any guitar solo, I would describe this song's as furious, it sounds totally angry and heavy. I composed it thinking in my first demo-tapes before joining REÄLM, it's a true black metal tune, for sure."

Lyrics:

Behold the god of great blasphemy,
the ancient one of black prophecies.
His name is known within the tome of the shepherds son:
The Necronomicon!

Messenger of the Gods!
Crawling Chaos alive!

From Egypt he rose, three thousand years ago.
In the form of a pharaoh: a being from beyond.
And leaving their homes, the people would follow him to Beyond the dunes:
To the oasis of doom!

And once, Atop Kadath he waits...
For the dreamer whose dreams the gods will take,
Nyarlathotep!

He is the one, the thing in the moonlight.
Spreading their disease throughout eternity.
Can't you see...
Nyarlathotep!

Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 6 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 04/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 14/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2015(UTC)
#11 Posted : 04 July 2015 11:48:00(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Track X

UserPostedImage

Lenght: 4:31

About:

The Dream-Quest Of Unknown Kadath is described by the musicians as the epic ending of the album. The song is described as a classic The Enlightened tune, with several symphonic elements combined with extreme metal. A mid-tempo effort, with an important protagonism of the keyboards and lead guitars. This track is based on H. P. Lovecraft's novella of the same name, which combines elements of horror and fantasy into an epic tale that illustrates the quest of Randolph Carter through the world of dreams.

"For the final song we wanted to have a very characteristic and classic song from us, with extremely catchy riffs and chorous and imponent keyboards and vocals. Unlike the previous song, 'Kadath' is totally orchestral-driven, you can hear a lot of symphonic elements during the entire song, as a backup for moments and then claiming the lead role. We didn't use any blast-beat on this tune, it's a completely mid-tempo song, we wanted to achieve an epic, dark and fantastic sound just as the epic tale we based the lyrics on. This is the closing of the Lovecraft saga and of the album...surely, more chapters based on this author will follow!"

Lyrics:

A dreamer dreams of a place beyond...
A distant city now hidden by the gods...

Three times Carter dreamed of the marvelous city,
and three times was he snatched away...
So he will begin his quest...
He shall march to where the ancient gods live and wait...

And as he wakes tears fill his eyes.
There must be a way to reach this paradise.
So tonight in his dreams he will devise,
his path to reach atop Kadath and rise.

To the sea...
Beyond the mountains...
To the plains of Leng...

Traveling to a distant shore,
past Ancient Celephais.
To the strange port city,
where black galleys wait.

To the sea...
Beyond the mountains...
To the plains of Leng...

Traveling to an unknown world,
beyond the Cerenarian Sea.
To the unseen sunset city,
where black galleys wait.

But young Carters' journey is not at an end.
At the ends of this world he will find himself,
he will see the things no man alive has ever seen,
and witness the end of this dream...

"Send back earth's gods to ther haunts on unknown Kadath,
and pray to all space that you may never meet me in my thousand other forms.
Farewell, Randolph Carter, and beware; for I am Nyarlathotep,
the Crawling Chaos..."

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 07 July 2015 03:54:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
Famouss7x7 on 05/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 05/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 14/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#12 Posted : 05 July 2015 02:39:10(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
EzraOfficial: This is such a good album. I like how each song has a own story behind it, like, Other albums are about love, sex etc. But, this, it's just, each song makes me go into a different 'world'. The lyrics are always so good, you guys are just brilliant. Keep doing what you are doing, because it really works. I love it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC)
#13 Posted : 07 July 2015 03:01:15(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Mythos Out Now!

The highly-expected sophomore album from Swedish metallers, The Enlightened, is now released! Available world wide through Kaleidoscope Records, this 10-track epic metal effort is the successor of the #1 album, The Arcanum Circle which was released last year.

"We're totally happy to have the album on the streets! We worked really hard on it and we're very proud of our work. Hope our fans love 'Mythos', I think we came up with a better release than our debut and I'm looking forward to see the reception from the metal world! Thank you for your incredible support and be ready! We'll see you on the road!"

Check out the different versions available:

Standard Jewelcase CD / Digital Download / Standard Vynil
UserPostedImage

Limited Edition Digipack Double CD *
UserPostedImage

Limited Editon Double Vynil *
UserPostedImage

* The Limited-Edition releases contains an special 'clean version' of Visions as bonus track.

Edited by user 07 July 2015 03:02:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 4 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 14/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#14 Posted : 10 July 2015 04:28:09(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
EzraOfficial: This is such a good album. I like how each song has a own story behind it, like, Other albums are about love, sex etc. But, this, it's just, each song makes me go into a different 'world'. The lyrics are always so good, you guys are just brilliant. Keep doing what you are doing, because it really works. I love it!

Tom Orgsen: Thank you for the kind words, Ezra!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 1 user thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 19/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 17 July 2015 12:52:19(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Another great album from The Enlightened. Honestly, don't know how you do it, you like have a new album for them every 6 months lol. It takes me at least that long to think of a different idea for a new album, and none of the lyrics are bad either plus the whole concept of the album is amazing.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Realms Of Darkness on 19/07/2015(UTC)
#16 Posted : 19 July 2015 05:47:29(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Another great album from The Enlightened. Honestly, don't know how you do it, you like have a new album for them every 6 months lol. It takes me at least that long to think of a different idea for a new album, and none of the lyrics are bad either plus the whole concept of the album is amazing.

OOC: Thank you so much for your kind words :)...It will probably take a longer time for a new album, the thing is that I have had this idea for a long time, now I've to think again xD
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
#17 Posted : 01 August 2015 05:14:06(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Be Part Of The Mythos!

UserPostedImage

We're unleashing a survey where you can participate! As you may already know, the band is embarking on the We Are The Darkness World Tour this year, in support of the just released Mythos.

We want YOU to choose which songs of the new record should be played alive! You have to choose your favourite 7 songs of the album. The most-voted 7 songs will be played alive on the upcoming and exciting WATD Tour this year!

Get ready! The Conspiracy is coming NEAR YOU!

VOTE HERE!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!

My Artists:

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
thanks 2 users thanked Realms Of Darkness for this useful post.
Welat65 on 01/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/08/2015(UTC)