logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2015 06:00:12(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Cosmic Love
Length: 43:23
Genre(s): R&B, Hip Hop, Dance-Pop, Electo-Pop, Trap
Label: Titanic Records
Written By: Amy-Jayne, Naomi White
Produced By: RedZone, The-Dream, Will.Rocca, The Underdogs, Daley, K.E, Tricky Stewart, The Neptunes

"Cosmic Love" is the sophomore and second album by American singer-songwriter and dancer Amy-Jayne, the album follows on from her 2013 million selling album "Spotlight", the album was originally scheduled for release in the latter part of 2014 but was pushed back on two separate occasions, one because Amy wasn't satisfied with the album and the second time was due to a label conflict that occurred between Amy and her label Titanic Records. The release date for the album was then confirmed by Titanic Records last month with the album being made available for purchase on June 22nd through digital outlets as well as the Titanic Records personal online store. "Cosmic Love" will also mark Amy's final release with Titanic Records as her contact with the company will expire following the albums release, Amy has chosen not to renew her contact after the conflicts.

Recording for the album began as late as October last year. The album was then going to be rushed released by Titanic Records in January of the new year but Amy threatened to walk out if the album wasn't postpone as she wasn't happy with it, eventually Amy did record new material for the album, she began to record in various locations around the world in places like her native America, but most of the recording of her new material was recorded at her home which she shares with her fiancée and son in Beverly Hills California, in her personal home studio. Amy then sent the new material to her label and they agreed to put it onto the new album.

The album itself explores many different styles of music as well as topics, like Amy's previous album the album is predominately made up of R&B tracks, however Amy has experimented more on "Cosmic Love" by going back to her original roots slightly adding in so more pop and dance tracks onto the album as well. In terms of topics Amy hasn't really explored much, with the majority of the album revolving around love, hearbreak or being a little naughty. Amy however has enlisted some of the biggest producers in the urban world for the album with production credits by both The-Dream and his production partner Tricky Stewart, Amy's fiancée also lends his production skills to the album, further production comes from The Underdogs and Daley just to name a few, lyrically however Amy wrote all the tracks her self except one which was kindly given to Amy by SYNCO member Naomi White, overall the album has a run time of 43 minutes and 23 seconds, making this album shorter than Amy's previous.

So far three singles have been released prior to the albums release, the first being "Dancing Shoes" which was released back in August of last year and became Amy's first ever #1 single on both the digital and airplay charts, it was meant to be scarapped from the newer version of the album but Amy couldn't let that happen. The second single released from the album took Amy back to her roots with the release of "Teardrops" which was released 3 months after "Dancing Shoes" in November of last year and didn't quite live up to the hype and success of the previous single only reaching #7 in the digital charts and #11 in Airplay. After going quite for the beginning of 2015 Amy finally released the third single from the album in the form of the R&B ballad "Good Enough For You" which saw it's release in April of his year and brought Amy back to the upper regions of the chart with the song peaking at #2 on the digital charts and #5 on Airplay. A fourth has yet to be confirmed but a single will follow from the albums release.

"Cosmic Love" was met with generally positive reviews from music critics. Andy Kellman of AllMusic gave the album three out of five stars, saying "Indeed, Cosmic Love plays out like it's designed to contend with the likes of Ciara, Rihanna, Trey Songz, and maybe even Keyshia Cole, rather than those who came up around the same time as Amy. Slower, more atmospheric productions like 'The Man I Want,' 'All On Your Own,' and 'Dancing Shoes' suit her the best and display her considerable skills by now, given some of the artists who have come and gone, Amy hould have at least four albums in her past. The lighthearted numbers like the Keri Hilson castoff-level 'You Should Have Me,' the mind-numbing 'Hurts So Bad,' and the Mike Will knockoff strip-club track 'On Fleek' are no match for the fully formed songs that seem rooted in Amy's life experiences." Kathy Iandoli of Vibe gave the album a positive review, saying "Cosmic Love is at times all over the place, but that's perfectly fine. The project is beautifully crazy—exactly what we've come to know and love from Amy-Jayne. It took a dose of Amy's persistance to bring us to Amy's musical reality. Now everyone is tuned in

"Rick Florino of Artistdirect gave the album five out of five stars, saying "If there's one thing that you'll take away from Amy-Jayne's triumphant Cosmic Lovr, it's that this girl can sing like few can. Like all classic R&B records, it's Amy's marvelous voice that resounds the loudest throughout—and long after it's over. It's like she's been the music industry's best kept secret for all of these years, and she's finally getting the attention she deserves. It's definitely her time."Jesy Mendes gave it 4 out of 5 stars and commended its material's themes, noting "a high level of conviction that does not waver, and it's particularly impressive given that the album only covers a few stages of a romantic relationship". USA Today‍ '​s Steve Jones gave the album 3 out of 4 stars and viewed it as "a return to form" for Amy. Ken Capobianco of The Boston Globe gave Cosmic Love a positive review and wrote favorably of its execution, stating "Amy-Jayne and her star producers and songwriters mix old-school R&B balladry and modern dance pop while always keeping that luxurious voice as the focus".

In contrast, Los Angeles Times writer Mikael Wood gave it 2 out of 4 stars and expressed a mixed response to "her attempt to keep up with" contemporary R&B artists, writing that "the flimsy material can't quite conceal her hit-hungry desperation". BBC Music's Natalie Shaw shared a similar sentiment, writing that the album "misfires when its slower numbers are interspersed with uptempo tracks ready-made for the younger market". Mark Edward Nero of About.com gave the album 3 out of 5 stars and wrote that "no new ground is broken, no significant risks are taken and the album as a whole is doesn't really have any must-hear tracks", but recommended it to listeners of Amy's previous work and noted that she "can still sing strongly and passionately". The Washington Post‍ '​s Sarah Godfrey commended the album's "club track" and wrote favorably of Amy's "trusty album architecture of scorching dance songs, soft-focused up-tempo ballads and tear-jerkers without going too over-the-top".

TRACKLIST:
1. The Man I Want
2. On Fleek (Skipping Beats)
3. All On Your Own
4. Good Enough For You
5. Hurts So Bad
6. You Should Have Me
7. Wild Side
8. Teardrops
9. Dancing Shoes
10. Day In Our Stride
11. Safe For Me
12. I Will Be There

Edited by user 25 July 2015 09:31:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 12 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 09/06/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 10/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2 Posted : 11 June 2015 04:55:42(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 2.57
Genre(s): R&B, Hip Hop
Written By Amy-Jayne
Produced By: K.E, Tricky Stewart
Sounds Like: Tamar Braxton - The One

"The Man I Want" is the opening track of the album and starts the album off with a nice mid-tempo love song, the song was the last song to be recorded for the album making it the newest material by Amy-Jayne, the song was written by Amy-Jayne herself and clearly draws inspiration from her own personal love and relationship with her fiancée Will.Rocca whom she has been with now for 2 years. Production for the track was handled by little known producer by the name of K.E, however the trackss production was also handled by legendary music produer Tricky Stewart who has produced #1 hit singles in his career, the track is the shortest of all the tracks on the entire album.

The song starts with a urban intro before a piano beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive Trap beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her vocal ability in a controlled manner, after Amy stops with the powerful notes, the beat again slows down and returns to the almost hand clap like beat as Amy begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming heavier as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more emotion than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extra special vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her singing had far more emotion and feeling behind it as she was singing the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and slow drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her big vocals once again, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song, Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the more emotional tones of the previous verse and bridge this bringing the song back to a calmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for a few sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to sing the bridge again, singing with a lot of emotion to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once again dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of sutlty in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

LYRICS

Yeah, yeah
Red on the track
Go

You know exactly why I love
You're my special one, you got my trust
And you have no clue, just why you love me
But I'm the only girl that is in heart
(It was all a dream)

I remember the way we love
It went so physical
You took the risk to take my heart and you understand
(It was all a dream)
That you don't need anyone honey
Without me your a little lost sheep
Your love works like a spa
Give it all to me

I don't work for no one else
Baby my love is for you
(You're the man I want)
And I don't care for no one else
Boo all I need is you
(You're the man I want)

You get me all the time, your a dime
Cause I don't push to fast, boo where we are
And no one beats you, the man of my dreams
But I'm the girl that you can depend on boo
(It was all a dream)

It went so physical
(It was all a dream)
That you don't need anyone honey (you don't need anyone)
Without me your a little lost sheep
Your love works like a spa
Give it all to me

I don't work for no one else
Baby my love is for you
(You're the man I want)
And I don't care for no one else
Boo all I need is you
(You're the man I want)

It went so physical
That you don't need anyone honey (anyone honey)
Without me your a little lost sheep (sheep)
Your love works like a spa (like a spa)
Give it all to me (give it all to me, yeah)
Give it all to me
All to me
Whoooo!

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 11 June 2015 05:02:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 18/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 20/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 14 June 2015 07:37:27(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 3.45
Genre(s): R&B, Trap
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: The-Dream, Tricky Stewart

"On Fleek (Skipping Beats)" is the second track on the album and continues the albums down the lane of love however this song lyrically talks about being at a club and finding a guy attractive and being flirtatious with them despite having a man back home, this however is nonfiction and has never happened to Amy personally, production for the track was handled by The-Dream and his production partner Tricky Stewart whom also helped produce the opening track on the album, the song is one of the longer tracks on the album with a run time of three minutes and forty-five seconds.

The song starts with a simple up beat guitar section with Amy-Jayne speaking the opening 'Ladies you ever get that firty feeling when a mans is on fleek with his shiz', the beat then changes slightly and slows down as Amy-Jayne begins to sing the first verse of the song in a very mellow way singing also in a higher octive to showcase her vocal range, the guitar beat then returns as Amy-Jayne sings the chorus in a very soft flirty tone which is completely different to the early mellow sound of the verse, the beat then once again slows down as Amy-Jayne sings the second verse once again switching back to the early mellow tone which she used in the first verse, this verse however is not sung in a higher octive like the first verse was instead this verse is sung at a regular octive, the beat then again comes back in as Amy-Jayne once again sings the chorus again in the soft firty tone like the first chorus but also adds in so slightly raspy vocals to the second chorus, Amy then raps a little bridge section of the song before once again singing the chorus with the soft firty tone, before singing the last two lines of the chorus twice before the music plays out until the end of the song.

LYRICS

I got to the club it was about a quarter to one
I was thinking about turning back
I wanted to go home but the girls convinced me to stay
Then something sexy caught my eye
Why it was a guy who was looking hella fly
He style was trippin it was on fleek

I walked over to him after he gave me the eye
I know I shouldn't do this cos I got a man by my side
This man was to tempting he was devine
I went to the dance floor to show him my moves
That's when he came over and show me his moves
His dance moves were sick
I couldn't believe I was doing this

I turned to him and looked him the the eyes
My heart was skipping beats
Our dancing was on fleek so sweet
The more we dance the more I got attention
All the girls were giving me dirty looks
The boys were wishing I was grinding up on them
My moves were only for this guy tonight
Our dancing was on fleek

The temperature was rising to unknown frequencies
All I see in this club was him and me
Everybody had no registration in my brain
We have been dancing the whole night through
They way we were dancing was almost criminal
The thoughts I had from early had now gone
Even though I know what I am doing is deemed as wrong
I still carried on enjoying our moment
Despite the fact he had a girl back at home

Our dancing was on fleek

It was getting late now I was turning around to go
But he then stopped me and asked for one more dance
All he wanted was a slow dance in the back
I said ok but only for a little while
He knew that we were both doing a bad thing
But in the heat of the moment only his swag was hot
Something about he got me hot and sweaty
I was so high off him I thought I was smoking pot
Then the night was over and we returned to our lives
Wondering what if we had gone to far
Broken the number one marrige rule

Our dancing was on fleek

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 14 June 2015 07:48:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 14/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 14/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 14/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#4 Posted : 18 June 2015 08:30:47(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 4.31
Genre(s): R&B
Produced By: Will.Rocca, Daley
Sounds Like: Tamar Braxton - All The Way Home

"All On Your Own" is the third track on the album, the track returns the album once again to a mid-tempo pace with yet another R&B jam from Amy, lyrically the song showcases both sides to a relationship, the ups and and downs with the first half of the song based on arguments while the last half of the song focuses more on love side of a relationship with the lyrics referencing sex at one point. The track was written solely once again by Amy-Jayne who has seemingly written all but one of the tracks for this album, production for the track was handled by Amy's fiancée Will.Rocca along with there good friend Daley Evans known professionally just by his first name, the track is the longest track on the album at almost five minutes in length.

The song starts with a piano intro before a drum beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive urban beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her rapping ability by rapping in a swith and fast manner, after Amy stops rapping the beat again slows down and returns to the piano beat as My begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming aggressive as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more aggression than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extra special vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her rapping had far more aggression and oower behind it as she was rapping the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and fast drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her rap, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song, Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the aggressive tones of the previous verse amd bridge this bringing the song back to a calmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for a few sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to rap the bridge again, rapping with a lot of aggression to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once agaon dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of aggression in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

LYRICS

Hold on baby, moving to fast
Imma strut back, oh
Imma strut back

Don't understand what we're fussing for
But boo, I need to chill it, so babe keep my distance
Talked it all, so imma just go
Don't bother trying your luck, I just need some time on my own

Damn, where the hell are my shoes
I gotta go, get in my benz, and Imma just think
All night, mute my phone, radio loud and drive
So I'm just...

Crusing drop the strip, and my mind on overload
'Cause I'm wondering about you all on your own
Got a mile out to drive and I can’t even think why
I've been wondering about you all on your own

Hold on baby (oh), moving to fast
Imma strut back
Wondering about you all on your own
Hold on baby, moving to fast (I'm moving to fast)
Imma strut back

Hey baby, I'm home and chilled out
I've through with all this fussin'
I came to show you something
You got me yelling for a different situation now
While we're making it up, working it up
Neighbors hear you fucking me out, all right

(Damn) where the hell are my heels, I don't leave
But it's turing night, so Imma just cruse all right
Driving real slow, radio no, just drive
So I'm just

Hold on baby (baby), moving to fast
Imma strut back
Imma strut back
I've been wondering about you all on our own

Who I think I'm leaving anyway
Driving down the strip just to move right back to you
When really boo, I should of just stayed
Right here where I was in cosmic love
Instead I drive and wonder about you
So I'm just

Hold on baby, moving too fast
Imma strut back
Imma strut back

Oh oh, (Oh oh)
Oh oh, (Oh)
Imma strut right back babe
imma walk right back to you
Oh, Imma strut right back babe
imma walk right back to you

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 18 June 2015 08:32:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 18/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 21 June 2015 05:50:47(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Good Enough For You
Length: 3.38
Release: 21 April 2015
Formats: Airplay, Digital Download, Streaming
Produced By: Darkchild, The Neptunes
SOUNDS LIKE: Toni Braxton - Yesterday

'Good Enough For You' is the newst single from American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne, the song is also the third to be lifted from her second studio album 'Cosmic Love' which is set to be released in May, 'Good Enough For You' follows on from 'Teardrops' and #1 single 'Dancing Shoes', the song also takes Amy back to her debut days with the song being in the form of a ballad so it's a risky move being taken, the track was written by Amy herself is a girl asking weather she is still good enough for him or weather he should just up and leave. Production for the track was handlef by Darkchild and The Neptunes marking the first time that Amy has worked with either of the producers, the song will be released through Titanic Records on April 21st.

'Good Enough For You' is a slow raw and emotional ballad that is accompanied mostly by a piano and shows off not only Amy's more emtional vocals but also her stronger and more powerful vocals are also shown, the song also brings Amy back to her routes as her first few singles that failed to make an impact were also in ballad form, leading to 'Good Enough For You' being delayed serval times in fear of the song failing, but the label decided to go with the song because of demand to hear the song after Amy hinted at the song being a single.

The song starts with a electronic intro before a drum beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song,she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive Trap beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her rapping ability by rapping in a swith and fast manner, after Amy stops rapping the beat again slows down and returns to the almost hand clap like beat as Amy begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming aggressive as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more aggression than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extraspecial vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her rapping had far more aggression and oower behind it as she was rapping the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and fast drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her rap, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song,Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the aggressive tones of the previous verse and bridge this bringing the song back to acalmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for afew sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to rap the bridge again, rapping with a lot of aggression to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once agaon dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of aggression in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

REVIEWS

'Good Enough For You' received positive reviews from music critics. Nick Levine from Digital Spy rated the song 3 out of 5 stars and favorably reviewed the song, saying: "it shares a little too much of its DNA with Beyoncé's 'Halo' to satisfy fully, but Amy sounds as seductive as ever crooning the surprisingly bitter lyrics, she insists on the middle 8. In fact, when she growls those last three words, it's almost like she never went away. Mark Edward Nero from About.com say, positively, "Arguably the best song of Amy's career the passionately bitter break-up song "Good Enough For You", but interestingly, the better stuff is still packed away on the new album". Andy Kellman from Allmusic said: "Good Enough For You" is a bitter breakup ballad in which the teeth-clenched, sounds very real". Mikael Wood from Los Angeles Times said: "Opener 'Good Enough For You' cribs its twinkly emo-soul texture (and some of its airy vocal melody) from Beyoncé's 'Broken-Hearted Girl'.

Stephen Thomas Erlewine from Allmusic had highlighted the track as an album highlight, which along with "On Fleek (Skipping Beats)" was a "skimmering beat". David Browne from Entertainment Weekly gave it a positive review, certificating it with a B rating. He said "From producer Rodney Jerkins' cushiony pulse to its premise (one woman warning another about her ex-beau), the song sounds mightily familiar to most break-up songs of recent times. But it's still no "Scrubs", largely thanks to Amy's husky, mumbly delivery." NME gave it a positive review, saying that for the track, "Amy-Jayne can probably claim the best set of tonsils in soul-pop". Popmatters gave it a positive review, saying "The single sees Amy tapping into the recent success of female assertiveness (TLC, Kelis, Destiny's Child, and Pink) with the hit single “Good Enough For Me". Produced by the ubiquitous Darkchild, the track seems to be an attempt to make some headway within the lucrative urban R&B market"

Dan Gennoe of Yahoo! Music was less favorable, writing that, "The Neptunes muster a slack handful of their trademark bleeps and hope for the best with 'Good Enough For You', leaving Amy sounding, bizarrely, like the product of any number of Neptunes imitators." Bland Is Out There review was also mixed, writing that "the overall songs appearance is insignificant and poor," while "The Neptunes overpower the music with their beats, leaving her buried underneath." The review concluded, stating, Good Enough For You' is a great, but flawed single. It could’ve been better if it wasn’t so focused on the Neptunes/Darkchild-based production.

journalist Charles Aaron positively reviewed the song and joked: "this exquisitely crafted, heart-pumping break-up song has been droning in the produce department of my grocery store for about a year now, but I'd just like to go on record as saying that if it ever stops, I'll really be heartbroken." Bob McCann, author of Encyclopedia of African American actresses in film and television, considered it "simply one of the most haunting R&B records ever made", while Robert Christgau named it "miraculous" and explained "the miracle being that it's by Amy-Jayne and you want to hear it again." About.com reviewer Mark Edward Nero named it one of the best R&B break-up songs and considered it Amy's "finest moment". He further commented, "damn, this song is so sad it can make people cry for hours at a time."

Lyrics

You disappear into the dark
And I become so numb
Feel my heart it beats for you
it's beating like a drum
Why'd you have to leave me alone
I can't do this anymore
Your walk away so gracefully
Then down the rain will pour

Why are you doing this to me
You break my heart so easily
I've tried so hard; I've gone so far
But nothing seems to be good enough
Good enough for you
Ooooohhhhh
Good enough for you

Time will tell is what they say
But I can't wait that long
The future seems so far away
I'm trying to stay strong
You have a power over me
I melt when I'm with you
Why'd you have to be so cold
I hate you for the things that you do

Good enough for you
Ooooohhhhh
Good enough for you

With sadness in my heart I think of what to say
All the promises you broke when you left and walked away
How can I move on if you won't let me go
Is this really what you want
Please just let me know

Good enough for you
Ooooohhhhh
Good enough for you

Good enough for you
Ooooohhhhh
Good enough for you

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 21 June 2015 05:52:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 21/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 21/06/2015(UTC), kandii on 22/06/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2015 10:31:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
Length: 3.45
Produced By: The Neptunes, Darkchild
SOUNDS LIKE: Christina Milian - It Hurts When...

"Hurts So Bad" is the fifth track on the album and really slows the album down in pace as the album is a slow R&B ballad about heartbreak and how seeing your ex with someone else can make you feel lonely, sad and depressed hence the hurt in the title of the track, the song is actually based around a previous relationship which Amy had that ended badly, the track was written by Amy herself and like the previous track the production for the track was handled by production duo The Neptunes along with Darkchild, the track was the last to be recorded for the album.

The song starts with a urban intro before a piano beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song, she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive Trap beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her vocal ability in a controlled manner, after Amy stops with the powerful notes, the beat again slows down and returns to the almost hand clap like beat as Amy begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming heavier as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more emotion than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extra special vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her singing had far more emotion and feeling behind it as she was singing the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and slow drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her big vocals once again, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song, Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the more emotional tones of the previous verse and bridge this bringing the song back to a calmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for a few sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to sing the bridge again, singing with a lot of emotion to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once again dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of sutlty in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

LYRICS

Hmmmmmmmmm

You were there last night with her under the starlight
I won't let you see crying eyes but I wanted so bad to run and cry
How could you find a hoe in such a little time
You said we could remain friends maybe even one day, try this again
I don't know how, it flew by so fast
4 weeks have gone passed
Now suddenly you have gotten over me

It hurts so bad In my mind I was done with you
It hurts so bad that forever together was just a lie
It hurts so bad when my broken heart is why it ends
Cause it hurts so bad to know you found love again

I have tried so hard not to give a fuck, but now your love a girl, it's so unfair
Just when my mind thought it was over you I see you with her, my mind was so wrong
I now make up that losing you didn't mean a thing
I try and deny that this is really going down
To keep this locked up, it's burning me, it's damaging me, If only your eyes could see

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

It hurts so bad ooooohhhhhhh
It hurts so bad when i walk past you, I walk passed you
Cause it hurts so bad to know that you found love again

SOUNDS LIKE

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 23/06/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2015 09:23:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 3.36
Produced By: The Underdogs
SOUNDS LIKE: Christina Milian - Got To Have You

"You Should Have Me" is the sixth track on the album and speeds the album back up in pace once again, the song was written by Amy-Jayne and lyrically the song touches on the subject of a guy being your friend for years and you really want them to see you in a love relationship kind of way, but they are blind to it, the track was produced by The Underdogs whom Amy enlisted for her album back they bring am old school 90s sound with their production, which is exactly what they have donenwith Amy's track right here.

The song starts with a simple up beat guitar section with Amy-Jayne sing the opening of the song, the beat then changes slightly and speeds up as Amy-Jayne begins to sing the first verse of the song in a very mellow way singing also in a higher octive to showcase her vocal range, the guitar beat then returns as Amy-Jayne sings the chorus in a very aggressive tone which is completely different to the early mellow sound of the verse, the beat then once again slows down as Amy-Jayne sings the second verse once again switching back to the early mellow tone which she used in the first verse, this verse however is not sung in a higher octive like the first verse was instead this verse is sung at a regular octive, the beat then again comes back in as Amy-Jayne once again sings the chorus again in the aggressive tone like the first chorus but also adds in so slightly raspy vocals to the second chorus, Amy then raps a little bridge section of the song before once again singing the chorus with the aggressive tone, before singing the last two lines of the chorus twice before the music plays out until the end of the song.

LYRICS

You should have me
And I don't know how to tell you
And I'm wondering if you have a clue
But I'm guessing that we would seem cool
Let's try it and see, If happiness will be
Then perhaps you would fall in love with me
(oh, oh)

You and I have been rolling for years
Through good and bad you were always there
And no matter I'm always be there (oh, oh)
So when you holla at me 'hey girl'
Find you a hoe to hook you up
Now you looking for cheap ones

I get this feeling way down inside of me
So suddenly I started realising that you

You should have me
(Yeah, yeah, oh woah)

Tried so hard to get you off my mind
But I couldn't help but find you girls
That weren't your type (I)
Hooked you up with Nina cos see wasn't so smart
And I got you with Maria
Cuz I figued she wasn't right (then)

You should have me
(oh, oh)

You should have me

That you should have me and I gotta make you see
Give we a try and maybe you will have me

You should have me
(oh, oh)

You should have me
(oh, oh)

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 26/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/06/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 29/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 28 June 2015 23:18:06(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 3.13
Genre: Pop, R&B
Written By: Naomi White
Produced By: Will.Rocca, Daley
Sounds Like: Trevor Moran - The Dark Side

"Wide Side" is the seventh track on the album and brings album to a more pop sound, the track is the only track on the album not to be written by Amy herself instead the track was written and given to Amy by SYNCO member Naomi White, the track is about love and how things in a relationship can sometimes get a little wild and crazy hence the tracks title, the track was produced by Amy's fiancée Will.Rocca and there good friend Daley, whom each added different elements to the aongs production, Will add a more pop sound while Daley added the slight urban sound.

LYRICS

It should be our world
Baby just you and me
Forget everyone else
Fuck what they think

Cause you got that mind
And damn boy you're fine
I won't leave cause I know I'll be back again
Cause you got that mind
And damn boy you're fine

Baby lets take a stroll out on the wild side
I'm hooked you got me feigning for you all night
Baby we can do anything, fuck what anybody thinks (oh)
A stroll out on the wild side

You're hit me harder
So fuckin' hard baby
I'll never not want you
You got me on my knees

Cause you got that mind
And damn boy you're fine
Cause you got that mind
And damn boy you're fine

I'm hooked you got me feigning for you all night
Baby we can do anything, fuck what anybody thinks (oh)
A stroll out on the wild side

You got me stuck, got me stuck
Your touch feels so good
Your touch feels so good
You got me turned up, so turned up
You know that you do
You know that you do
You got me stuck, got me stuck
Your touch feels so good
Your touch feels so good
You got me turned up, so turned up
You know that you do
You know that you do

Come get it baby

Baby let's take a stroll out on the wild side
You got me feigning for you all night
We can do anything, fuck what everybody thinks (oh)
The wild side, lets take a stroll out on the wild side

SOUNDS LIKE
UserPostedImage
Welat65 on 29/06/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#9 Posted : 02 July 2015 03:44:10(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Teardrops
Length 3.11
Genre(s): Electo-R&B, Dance-Pop
Produced By: Will.Rocca, Max Martin
Sounds Like: Kat Graham - Heartkiller

'Teardrops' is the latest single by American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne, the song marks her ninth overall release in terms of singles as well as serving as the second single from Amy's upcoming second album 'Cosmic Love' which is slated for release next year, the song it's was written solely by Amy-Jayne herself amd the production was handled by Amy's fiancé Will.Rocca as well as Max Martin who was brought in to give the song a more dance oriented sound, the song has a total lengh of three minutes and eleven seconds, the lyrics speak of a man that is being disloyal and that enough is enough and standing up to the man, the song will be released via Titanic Records on November 11th.

The song is an electo-r&b song that incorporates dance-pop in its production, this shows a new side to Amy as well as almost retuning to her original sound which could prove fatal as the last time she released a dance based track it failed to reach the top 20 anywhere, but it could also turn in her favor amd carry on the success she has had woth her pervious single which also had a dance elem2 to it Max Martin was brought in to give the song it's dance vibe he was also brought in because Amy wanted to work with more than just her fiancé Will and Den Walnut whom produced most of Amy's debut album 'Spotlight'.

The song starts with a electronic intro before a drum beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song,she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive Trap beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her rapping ability by rapping in a swith and fast manner, after Amy stops rapping the beat again slows down and returns to the almost hand clap like beat as Amy begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming aggressive as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more aggression than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extraspecial vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her rapping had far more aggression and oower behind it as she was rapping the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and fast drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her rap, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song,Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the aggressive tones of the previous verse and bridge this bringing the song back to acalmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for afew sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to rap the bridge again, rapping with a lot of aggression to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once agaon dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of aggression in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

The music video for the song follows the same plot as Amy's previous video for her single 'Dancing Shoes' however the video for 'Teardrops' is a lot more high tech and fancy, the video is also a lot more in the way of costumes and make-up as Amy is seem in a warehouse were Amymales multiple costume changes through the video making four in total, the video like for ' Dancing Shoes' also have a high energy big choreography number with multiple dance secions happening through the video, the video is however very dark and gloomy with the scenes being in a poorly lit area this is probably usdd as an effect to translate with the lyrics of the song which are quite negative.

REVIEWS

Critics had mixed reactions towards the track. Amos Barshad writing for the New York magazine described "Teardrops" as "kind of a monster — aggressive and intense and totally committed". He also called the song declarative and felt that as the second single, it was "bluntly effective." Matt Donnelly of The Los Angeles Times compared "Teardrops" to several of Amy's' previous singles, stating that the song has a harder edge than "Dance Through The Night", nevertheless, it does not contain "the gritty, futuristic chic" of "Dancing Shoes". Jenna Clarke of The Sydney Morning Herald called it an "infectious sounding track" having a catchy dance beat with empowering lyrics and added that the song showcases "a grittier sounding Amy", yet still following the "power footsteps" of her other chart topping hit "Dancing Shoes". Kevin O'Donnell of Spin magazine described the song as "a rousing girl power anthem", which resembles her previous less known hit "Loopholes", and highlighted that "Teardrops" is "far rowdier" than that song because of its synth squiggles and raw chanting.vJarett Wieselman of the New York Post considered "Teardrops" to be one of the most exciting tracks Amy has ever released.

Jocelyn Vena of MTV News called "Teardrops" a "sassy song withbgirl-power lyrics paired with a club appeal", further writing that the song is "loud and proud in its relentless message", and that Amy "is clearly rallying the troops to her side". Nick Minichind of VH1 lauded the song for several pointed comments on empowerment which according to him, "are skillfully weaved into the lyrics, without feeling out of place." He also wrote that "Tearsdrops" restores girls' own subjectivity and that the bridge shows a "practically Cleopatra-channeling Amy." Lewis Corner from Digital Spy described "Teardrops" as "yet another female-empowerment revolution that is sure to dominate dancefloors during the winter months". Robert Copsey, also writing for Digital Spy, awarded the song four stars out of five, complimenting the "earthy beats, hypnotising hooks and militant drums pound ing relentlessly as Amy declares that no more tears will fall with more woman-friendly conviction than Geri Halliwell at a Spice Girls convention circa 1998." Tom Breihan of Pitchfork Media wrote that "Teardrops" is "as devotedly pro-female as the title would lead you to expect", and is as dancefloor-directed as Amy gets, in the tradition of "Dancing Shoes" and "Dance Through The Night. Slant Magazine's Sal Cinquemani wrote " Amy misses the mark big time here" and called the song "plain daft". He, however, praised the song's bridge and Amy's "warm, gooey harmonies". Maura Johnston of The Village Voice disapproved of the song's lack of structure, calling it "a bit overstuffed, but fairly enjoyable". Dallas Observer critic Shahryar Rizvi stated that the track "cribs a bit" from Major Lazer's "Pon de Floor" and M.I.A.'s track "Boyz", but added that Amy being a couple of years late in acquiring this sound was "a problem".

Eric Henderson of Slant Magazine also gave "Teardrops" a positive review, favoring its "infectious upbeat spirit" and comparing it to the styling of Stevie Wonder, Anita Baker and Whitney Houston. He also complimented the fact that the various key changes throughout the song "force Amy out of her scold range and into some winningly girlish soprano whoops." Similarly, Joey Guerra of the Houston Chronicle commented that "Teardrops" is a "bouncy jam" which finds Amy in "diva mode". He added that it might have turned up on early albums from Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey. Guerra concluded that Amy "rarely has sounded so charming, even as she soars through several key changes." Mikael Wood of Spin magazine noted that the song "imagines a perfect genetic splice" of Whitney Houston's eponymous debut album and Michael Jackson's Off the Wall. Ricky Schweitzer of One Thirty BPM stated that "Teardrops" is instantaneously reminiscent of Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder, and favored Amy's numerous key changes

Alexis Petridis of The Guardian stated that "there's nothing like Teardrops on the charts" and that the brass arrangement "stab the one moment you hear anything resembling the influences mooted in the advance publicity". Ryan Dombal of Pitchfork Media wrote that the best elements, thematically and sonically, burst ahead on "Teardrops", which he described as a sequel to "Dance Through The Night". James Reed of The Boston Globe viewed "Teardrops" as a radio-friendly song, having the potential of being one of the biggest hits from Amy's upcoming second album. Echoing Reed's sentiments, Joanne Dorken of MTV UK wrote that "Teardrops" is "faced-past, original and bound to be a massive tune in clubs across the globe". Dorke also noted it to be "a refreshing break from the slower part of the Amy's career". Michael Cragg of The Observer commended her song "Teardrops which features Amy' near rapping over ecstatic horn blasts".

Lyrics

How can you live with yourself
You have broken my heart, broken it in two
you don't understand the power you have over me
You have a force that simply only a lover cannot have
You leave bruises and scares all over my body
And tell me that I deserve them for just being me
Yeah just for being me you use and abuse me till your satisfied

You leave me in tears, but I'm all cried out over you
All out of love for you and your aggressive bad nature
I used to love you but now I don't anymore
Not after all that you have put me through, through
I have no teardrops left to cry, yeah no teardrops left to cry
You have left me with nothing but my mind
And my battered body and soul

You don't realise how much damage you cause to my body
You seem to think it's ok to leave me in pain and hurt
You find it funny that's just so sick and twisted what made you this way
You don't understand that your so demanding
My body is damaged but my mind will never be
Yeah just for being me you use and abuse me and over use me
You overreact about everything thing I do
Yeah you use me and abuse me just for being me

Yes I'm all cried out and out of tears, tears
I don't think I can force a teardrop to fall
Fall from my face, I'm all cried out, out
Now I'm gonna stand up and say enough is enough
You can use me but you never ever corrupt my mind
Never ever will you take my mind or my soul
I'm all cried out and out of tears over you
I have no more teardrops left in me to cry, cry over

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 02/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#10 Posted : 04 July 2015 21:50:22(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Title: Dancing Shoes
Length: 4.25
Genre(s): Trap, Electro-R&B
Written By: Layla Raine
Produced By: Will.Rocca, André Andrews

'Dancing Shoes, is the brand new single by Amy-Jayne, the song itself was written by Layla Raine, the song is about going out to party and boasting about your dance moves, the song was produced by Amy's fianceé Will Rocca along with there good friend AAndré Andrews, the song has a total lengh of four minutes and twenty-five seconds, the song will be released by Titanic Records on August 18th, this song now also serves as the first single from Amy's second album 'Cosmic Love', after previous release 'Glow' was scrapped.

The song has two main genes, Electo-R&B and Trap, two styles that Amy has never done before, Electo-R&B, is incorporated though the distorted vocals that are heard throughout the song, Trap is incorporated through the beat of the song.

The song starts with a electronic intro before a drum beat comes in as Amy begins to sing the first verse of the song, she sings with a very sutle and light tone to her voice which is a tone we haven't heard in a while from Amy, after she finishes the first verse the beat changes to a more sutle and light sound as Amy then begins to sing the second verse of the song,she sings this verse with more fire and pasion in her vocals something were used to seeing from Amy, as she continues to sing this verse the beat behind her changes again to a slightly heavier more aggressive Trap beat, Amy then begins the first bridge of the song by showing of her rapping ability by rapping in a swith and fast manner, after Amy stops rapping the beat again slows down and returns to the almost hand clap like beat as Amy begins to sing the first chorus of the song, she sings the chorus with the light and soft tone that she used in the first verse of the song, as she is singing the first chorus the beat occasionally picks up and dies down while she is singing, after Amy finishes the chorus the beat again picks up slightly becoming aggressive as she begins to sing the third verse of the song Amy sings this verse with a lot more aggression than she did in the first two verses, in this verse Amy also adds a few extraspecial vocal tricks to add to the sound of the music, after Amy finishes the third verse she heads straight into the bridge again rapping with the same swift and fast pace as she did in the first bridge but this time her rapping had far more aggression and oower behind it as she was rapping the bridge the beat behind her changes to a more quick and fast drum beat as she continues to rap, after Amy finishes her rap, the beat again dies down as she begins to sing the second chorus of the song,Amy sing s this chorus with a lot of softness rather than the aggressive tones of the previous verse amd bridge this bringing the song back to acalmer pace, in this chorus Amy again adds in show adlibes and vocal trills to show of her vocal ability, after she finishes singing the second chorus everything goes silent for afew sconds before the aggressive beat drops back in again and Amy starts to rap the bridge again, rapping with a lot of aggression to her tone, after she ends the unexpected bridge the beat once agaon dies down but soon picks up again as Amy begins to sing the chorus one final time again singing it with a lot of aggression in her vocals, after Amy stops singing the beat plays out for twenty seconds before the song ends.

The music video for the song was filmed originally months ago but has since been filmed again, the new video is much simpler than the original video and has a lower budget, the video consists of three scenes one has Amy standing in front of a garage dooranother scene were she is a dance studio with a group of dancers were they so off a full dance routine and the last scene consists of Amy and three female dancers performing more of the dance routine.

Upon its release, "Dancing Shoes" received critical acclaim from music critics. Many of them praised the song's radio appeal in contrast with some of Amy's passed music and hailed it as single worthy. Mike Wass of the website Idolator described it as a "radio-ready anthem which is impossible to beat". Vanity Fair writer Michelle Collins described it as "the most upbeat and catchiest song of the lot". Ryan Dennehy from the website AbsolutePunk opined that "Dancing Shoes" was a guaranteed, triumphant hit.. Andrew Hampp and Erika Ramirez of Billboard magazine described "Dancing Shoes" as "magical" further calling it the most radio-friendly song with its traditional pop structure. Peter Tabakis from the website Pretty Much Amazing listed the "magnificent power tune" as one of the "potential chart-toppers" of the upcoming album. Michael Cragg of The Guardian called the track a "joyous, echo-laden heart burst," and an immediate choice for a single. Rob Harvilla from Spin found "monster-single potential" in "Dancing Shoes". Marc Hogan of the same publication described the song as a potential radio hit "that looms largest" from the anything that's out right now. He further went on to praise its "grandly swaying hook". Lindsay Zoladz of Pitchfork Media praised the song's "big, boundary-obliterating" pop appeal and hailed it as a blockbuster and hit. She went on to praise the singer's vocal performance in the song concluding "all of the flawlessness here is brilliantly undercut by that gravelly croak". The song's pop and sing-along sound and production received praise by critics. Greg Kot from the Chicago Tribune described the song's production as "predictable" and opined that the audience sing-along chorus sounded like it was created specifically for being performed during an arena encore. Similarly, Nathan S. of the website DJ Booth wrote that the song was suitable for "ecstatic" fans to sing along without efforts during a stadium concert: "This is the kind of chorus that's going to be sung at full force in traffic jams for months to come, and while Dancing Shoes may be relatively more subdued, that call and response is destined to be a monster when performed live, right down to the way her voice shows a little wear, just like it would at the end of a show." Jody Rosen writing for Vulture found a "cavernous widescreen" anthemic pop sound in the song further saying that its chorus sounded like it was specifically made for an Olympics opening ceremony. Carrie Battan of Pitchfork described the song as a "stadium-filling" one and classified it as one of Amy's "decorous moments". Joe Lynch from Fuse described "Dancing Shoes" as the "most uplifting" pop song of this year so far". He praised the electronic flourishes, saying that they managed to "keep the music from veering into banal territory" and concluded that the song has a "quirky" sound previously unheard on other material by Amy-Jayne. Many critics considered "Dancing Shoes" to be a highlight in Amy's career. Drowned in Sound's Robert Leedham opined in his review of the song, "Most glorious of all is 'Dancing Shoes' a supermassive, dumbstruck ode to being dancingand caring about fuck all else. It's the one track that's linear enough to withstand a drunken singalong." Lavanya Ramanthatan of The Washington Post described the song as a "swelling anthem" and one of the highlights of 2014 so far Caitlin White from the website The 405, hailed "Dancing Shoes" as "the as the singers crowning track... it feels like even more of a triumph". Philip Cosores from Paste magazine noted that the song is "probably the best of her career". Jordan Sargent from Complex magazine described "Dancing Shpes" as the "newest dance song" out. However, a more mixed review came from Claire Lobenfeld of the same publication who felt that it was the only skippable track of the album due to its "mawkish" feel. Similarly, Chris Kelly of Fact magazine wrote that the song "reeks of Will.Rocca's paint-by-number hitmaking".

Lyrics

Let my hair down for the night, yeah
The smell of sex is in the air
I won't, be worrying about him
I see, my newest fixation

Don't be scared, heard you talking like the big boys
Come show me, what it is that you're good for
Body's yearning for an equal on the dancefloor
No you can't, no you can't try to ignore

Put your hands all on my hips
Feel my neck all on your lips
I know you can't handle all this
But I'll let you test drive me

Oh, you know what to do
Don't even have a clue
When I put on my dancing shoes
I'm the only one in the room
Stop, then I drop it on ya, make ya body go numb
But you still can't take your eyes off
Let me pick it on up, drop, pick it on up
If you don't get a taste, your loss

Put on my dancing shoes
(Your loss)
Put on my dancing shoes
Put on my dancing (your loss)
Put on my dancing shoes
(Your loss)
(Your loss)
Put on my dancing shoes
Put on my dancing (Your loss)

Pour up, got you feeling unsteady
Round two, still got you tryna sweat me
Throw down, like it's second nature
By the, end of the night you won't be a stranger

Don't be scared, heard you talking like the big boys
Come show me, what it is that you're good for
Body's yearning for an equal on the dancefloor
No you can't, no you can't try to ignore

Put your hands all on my hips
Feel my neck all on your lips
I know you can't handle all this
But I'll let you test drive me

Oh, you know what to do
Don't even have a clue

Put on my dancing shoes (My dancing shoes)
(Your loss)

[Rap]
Turn up my song
And watch me work it boy (Work it boy)
Put your hands on me
And watch you love it boy (Love it boy)
Make my body your private wonderland (Wonderland)
Make your fantasies only start to begin (To begin)

Oh, you know what to do
Don't even have a clue

(Your loss)

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
Atonic Records on 04/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 05/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#11 Posted : 07 July 2015 22:46:15(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Length: 3.28
Genre: R&B
Produced By: Tricky Stewart, The-Dream
Sounds Like: Jordin Sparks - One Step At A Time

"One Day In Our Stride" is the tenth track on the album and once agains slows things down with a nice slow R&B ballad which ones again showcases Amy's strong and powerful vocals, the song was written by Amy-Jayne who claims the song was the last one to be written for the album, the song is about taking things as they come and not rushing into things to quickly, the track was produced by production team Tricky Stewart and The-Dream

The song starts with a simple up beat piano section with Amy-Jayne sing the opening of the song, the beat then changes slightly and speeds up as Amy-Jayne begins to sing the first verse of the song in a very mellow way singing also in a higher octive to showcase her vocal range, the guitar beat then returns as Amy-Jayne sings the chorus in a very aggressive tone which is completely different to the early mellow sound of the verse, the beat then once again slows down as Amy-Jayne sings the second verse once again switching back to the early mellow tone which she used in the first verse, this verse however is not sung in a higher octive like the first verse was instead this verse is sung at a regular octive, the beat then again comes back in as Amy-Jayne once again sings the chorus again in the aggressive tone like the first chorus but also adds in so slightly raspy vocals to the second chorus, Amy then raps a little bridge section of the song before once again singing the chorus with the aggressive tone, before singing the last two lines of the chorus twice before the music plays out until the end of the song.

LYRICS

Don't wait up or pray
So near, yet no right of way
Everything you start dreaming of
Near enough for you to see
But you just can't reach

You wanna take the throne, but no one understands it
Wonder how and when your gonna, gonna take it
You know you will if you make a stand
In your heart you'll know you'll make it
Now you're wondering around in circles
And you're getting all sorts of depression, forsaking

We live and die to take
One day in our stride
You have no need to cry
It's like making a dime
Or taking the pride
It's gonna come when its
Supposed to come
And define the logic behind
One day in our stride

You don't see, what they see
You're confused, you gotta all fuzzed out
Everything that you wanna be boy
Could come true, should come true, would come true
If they understood

You wanna take the throne, but no one understands it
Wonder how and when your gonna, gonna take it
You know you will if you make a stand
In your heart you'll know you'll make it
Now you're wondering around in circles
And you're getting all sorts of depression, forsaking

We live and die to take
One day in our stride
You have no need to cry
It's like making a dime
Or taking the pride
It's gonna come when its
Supposed to come
One day in our stride

When you can't escape any longer
But there's no fear inside
when you gotta find the courage
It's your faith that prolongs you
The only way you make it
Is one day in our stride

We live and die to take
One day in our stride
You have no need to cry
It's like making a dime
Or taking the pride
It's gonna come when its
Supposed to come
One day in our stride

We live and die to take
One day in our stride
You have no need to cry
It's like making a dime
Or taking the pride
It's gonna come when its
Supposed to come
One day in our stride

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
JohnnyBBB on 07/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 08/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 29/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#12 Posted : 25 July 2015 09:07:22(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

(OOC - Kinda forgot about this when CBB started so I figured I'd finally get it done!)

UserPostedImage

Length: 4.20
Genre: Trap
Produced By: The-Dream, Max Martin

"Safe For Me" is the eleventh track on the album and speed the album back up following on from a few ballad, the song was written by Amy herself and lyrically the song describesdescribes how love is found and then asking your partner to keep your love and heart safe at all times, the song was produced by The-Dream who has worked extensively with Amy for this album, the song also has production credits from Max Martin who added a little extra to the track when it was completed.

LYRICS

You have a special place in my heart
I wonder do I have the same in your heart
If I don't I will be disappointed
You gotta show me that I'm the only girl for you

You gotta make it seem like I am your bait
Once you hook me, keep me safe
Make sure you keep my heart
Keep it safe for me
If you ever set me free
Mkae sure that you validate the reason
If not make sure you keep me safe

I know you love me, at least I think you do
You better prove me right
Or else there will be hell on earth
You won't want to see me when I'm angry
So you gotta show me that you will be there fof me

Keep it safe for me
If you ever set me free

Keep it safe for me
If you ever set me free

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 25/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 26/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 29/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 25 July 2015 09:29:57(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: I Will Be There
Length: 3.39
Genre: PBR&B
Produced By: RedZone, The Underdogs

"I Will Be There" is the twelfth and final track on the and takes the album right down a new route bringing the album to a close with a PBR&B sound running throughout the track, the track again like all but one track on the album was written by Amy-Jayne, lyrically the track speaks about Amy will always be there for a friend even when the times get tough, production for the track was handled by RedZone and The Underdogs, whom both worked with Amy on different tracks for the album.

The song starts with a simple up beat guitar section with Amy-Jayne sing the opening of the song, the beat then changes slightly and speeds up as Amy-Jayne begins to sing the first verse of the song in a very mellow way singing also in a higher octive to showcase her vocal range, the guitar beat then returns as Amy-Jayne sings the chorus in a very aggressive tone which is completely different to the early mellow sound of the verse, the beat then once again slows down as Amy-Jayne sings the second verse once again switching back to the early mellow tone which she used in the first verse, this verse however is not sung in a higher octive like the first verse was instead this verse is sung at a regular octive, the beat then again comes back in as Amy-Jayne once again sings the chorus again in the aggressive tone like the first chorus but also adds in so slightly raspy vocals to the second chorus, Amy then raps a little bridge section of the song before once again singing the chorus with the aggressive tone, before singing the last two lines of the chorus twice before the music plays out until the end of the song.

LYRICS

Whenever you are far away
Just know that'll be there for you
No matter how far you have to travel or roam
There will always be a connection that never dies
I will be a shooting star shining bright in the sky
I will never let anyone cause you harm
If you ever need me just shout my name
I will be there for you
Forever and always my friend

If the night sky gets too dark for you
I will be there with my torch to guide you home
If it gets to cold for you to handle
I will be there with my blanket to warm you to the bone
Just know that i will be there always and forever
I will always be there to help you along the way
Because that's what true friends are for

If your ever feeling down or low
Just know that I am only a telephone call away
I will come pick you up and cheer you up
I will take on the world and help you out
You better belive that I will always have your back
Even when times are tough I'll be there
If you need me just holla my name
I won't ever be scared of what you life might throw at me
I will come running out to save you
Because that is what I am there for

Just know i will be there always and forever

When you need a shoulder to cry on I shall be there
I will be by your side through thick and thin
Even if you lose you head
I will be there to put you back on track again
No matter what our connection stands strong
Nothing will ever break us apart
So if you need me just holla my name
Whenever, wherever you know I got your back
I am not scared to face the light
I will be your ride or die

Just know i will be there always and forever

SOUNDS LIKE:

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 25/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 26/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 29/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#14 Posted : 26 July 2015 05:14:58(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: My girls and I have been jamming to this nonstop. ;)

Ooc: Woooo it's finished! Congrats! :D
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#15 Posted : 26 July 2015 06:29:37(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: This is such a great album! I really love that you are sticking with R&B. R&B really suits you.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#16 Posted : 27 July 2015 04:53:20(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Lexi: My girls and I have been jamming to this nonstop. ;)

Ooc: Woooo it's finished! Congrats! :D

Amy-Jayne: Aww thanks Lexi, you ladies keep jamming away!

OOC: I know finally, thanks :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 27/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#17 Posted : 28 July 2015 09:06:35(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: This is such a great album! I really love that you are sticking with R&B. R&B really suits you.

Amy-Jayne: Aww thanks Aliya, yeah I love R&B music
UserPostedImage
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#18 Posted : 28 July 2015 09:22:38(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: Amy-Jayne it's a great album and it's definitely on repeat! Keep up the good work.
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 28/07/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#19 Posted : 29 July 2015 08:53:53(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
JohnnyCarter: Amy-Jayne it's a great album and it's definitely on repeat! Keep up the good work.

Amy-Jayne: Thanks Johnny I am glad your liking the album, you keep it on repeat hun!

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 29/07/2015(UTC)