logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2015 04:17:11(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Hooked on You
Artist: Carmen V
Writer(s) Carmen V, Melanie Houston
Producer: Melanie Houston
Label: FREEDOM Records
Length: 3:15
Genre: Pop, R&B
Released: July 8th 2015

Carmen V teases her upcoming album with new free single "Hooked on You" the song was written by Carmen V and Melanie Houston and produced by Melanie Houston lyrically the song brings a whole new meaning to repetitive with the same lyrics being recycled again and again which brings up the question where is the chorus? However if you can look past the repetitive lyrics which most people probably will/already do the tracks production is done rather nicely with a simple laid back sound that really shows off her vocals which most of us didn't even know was there she definitely brought something different here after releasing two upbeat songs it's sort of refreshing to see Carmen release something slower like this and I suppose it is just a free single so the repetitive lyrics can be overlooked here however let's just hope there's at least one more song like this on the upcoming album with less repetitive lyrics 2.3/5

The song starts out with Carmen singing along with a light piano in the back her voice is obviously edited on this part however it does pull the listener into the song after the first few lines we hear a backup vocal kick in before the song finally starts now with Carmen's voice sounding normal and the piano playing in full the backing vocals stop as she get's to this part she continues singing throughout the first part changing up some lines going slightly higher at then end and breaking up the part before she then heads into the next part of the song starting out higher then going into a slightly lower tone before heading into what seems like the chorus she sings in a lighter voice as she holds the last few lyrics for a few seconds during each line we then hear another layer added to the beat sounding somewhat like a drum as she sings the part she opened up with once again however she sings it the same vocally despite the beat change we then hear her go into the next part once again which is done the same way however the beat once again has that drum to it before she heads into what once again is going to be assumed the chorus this part is done the exact same apart from a few ad-libs done by Carmen once again really showing off a new side to her vocals here after finishing this part Carmen gives a short outro before the beat begins to fade out bringing the song to an end

Baby I'm hooked on you
You're the only drug that I need
These other boys are like Tylenol
You're Ecstasy

Baby I'm hooked on you
You're Ecstasy
Baby I just want you
You got me feigning

You're no good and I know it, you're no good and I know it
But without you I can't breathe, without you I can't breathe
But without you I can't breathe, without you

Without you I'm fallin' down
Without you I'm fallin' down
I'm trapped in your hallucination
Without you I'm falling down

Baby I'm hooked on you
You're Ecstasy
Baby I just want you
You got me feigning

But without you I can't breathe, without you I can't breathe
But without you I can't breathe, without you

Without you I'm fallin' down (Fallin down)
Without you I'm fallin' down )Fallin down)
I'm trapped in your hallucination (I love it though0
Without you I'm falling down (Falling down!)

I'm falling down, ohh but I love this hallucination, ohhh in love with this hallucination, in love this this hallucination

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
V I D E O

UserPostedImage

The song begins playing as the video starts we hear Carmen's voice open up the video with the intro for the song as we see her wandering around a room full of feathers and giant windows which illuminate Carmen to the point that she's barely visible the video is also seen in black and white throughout most of it she continues walking around the room in a curious fashion as the feathers continue flying down onto the ground and on her

UserPostedImage

After the intro of the song is finished we finally see Carmen lip syncing the lyrics in the video this time she's shown standing against a brick wall this time we can fully see her despite the light behind her with the purpose to illuminate her she's wearing the same outfit she had on in the first scene a white collared button up and nothing else

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As she goes into the next part which is considered the chorus we see her in a different scene this time with a boy both of them have their arms wrapped around each other again the light around them is illuminating so their barely visible Carmen contniues to lip sync throughout the chorus before the scene once again changes to it's once again her and the boy however this time the boy is facing away from her and she has her arms around him as she continues to sing throughout the chorus she moves her hands up until she reaches his neck with her head pressed against his back the mans face still cannot be seen apart from the lower half of it

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

After finishing the previous part we see Carmen in a different scene this time on a bed looking more serious almost scared the camera then pans out to the man who is now holding a phone starting the camera up on it it then zooms back into Carmen after the camera starts she looks slightly different now as if she was happy or perhaps pretending to be as she sings throughout this part

UserPostedImage

after finishing the last part we see Carmen in the same scene as the beginning this time the camera is zoomed out as she continues wandering around throughout the feathered room as the track continues to play Carmen doesn't lip sync it she just continues wanderinf around the room with curiosity

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

After finishing that part we see Carmen this time naked in a bathtub as she sings the final few parts her hair is up in a bun this time unlike previously when it was down she looks directly at the camera as she lip syncs the last part of the song before the camera pans up to a closeup on her face we see her looking up directly into the camera now not lip syncing anymore before she closes her eyes

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As the outro of the song begins we see Carmen standing in a black room this time with a light behind her her hair is now wet and she's wearing a white tank she has a small design on her eye she almost looks confused as she looks around the black room not lip syncing at all she continues looking around the room before finally looking at the camera before the entire screen fades to white bringing the video to an end
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 14 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 09/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 09/07/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 14/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 19/07/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2015 04:38:04(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: I expected there to be far more drug usage in the video. There was none. Instead we get two people fucking. Where were the drugs?!

Karoliena: maybe it was a hallucination? I'd prefer to hallucinate far more black leather.

Erich: smashing idea
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 09/07/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2015 06:14:58(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: I expected there to be far more drug usage in the video. There was none. Instead we get two people fucking. Where were the drugs?!

Karoliena: maybe it was a hallucination? I'd prefer to hallucinate far more black leather.

Erich: smashing idea

Carmen: You know what don't even worry about it we were all pregaming before the shoot everyone mystery guy, director, makeup artists, hairstylists, lighting crew, camera crew safe to say there wasn't any food at the end of the shoot should've been there #HookedOnYou
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2015 08:14:48(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Nevaeh: Yet another priceless and special song and video from you, Carmen! From the moment we laid eyes on you we knew you were a superstar in the making, and we are certainly not surprised that you've grown into your own and you continue to show growth musically everyday! Hooked on You is a great one, your vocals are lengthy and the lyrics are easy to understand. What's even better? It's FREE! :)

OOC: Nice work John, I love everything you've been doing wth Carmen!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 12/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 12 July 2015 21:44:11(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: I love this song. It's so good for a free single and the music video is really awesome. Like, it's so simple and yet so different, that it makes it unique. I love it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 13/07/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 12 July 2015 22:05:55(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: The drug analogies in this song are pretty cool. Not something you expect in a pop song but still quite cool and used well. Nice work :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#7 Posted : 13 July 2015 06:40:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Dominic: Got you writing songs about me now huh? Lol I'm playing. This is sick though.

Ooc: Love those lyrics. :P
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 14 July 2015 06:04:11(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Nevaeh: Yet another priceless and special song and video from you, Carmen! From the moment we laid eyes on you we knew you were a superstar in the making, and we are certainly not surprised that you've grown into your own and you continue to show growth musically everyday! Hooked on You is a great one, your vocals are lengthy and the lyrics are easy to understand. What's even better? It's FREE! :)

OOC: Nice work John, I love everything you've been doing wth Carmen!

Carmen: Thanks boss you have no idea how much hearing all of that means I'm really happy to be part of the label and being on of the many people to be putting work in on it and of course who doesn't live free? It's one of my favorite words right in front of "sale" tbh :P

ooc: Thank you the character definitely got bigger than expected so gotta try to follow up now :P

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: I love this song. It's so good for a free single and the music video is really awesome. Like, it's so simple and yet so different, that it makes it unique. I love it!

Carmen: Aye mami thank you I'm glad you liked it and as I said free is one of my favorite words so I figured the crew would enjoy it thanks again :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: The drug analogies in this song are pretty cool. Not something you expect in a pop song but still quite cool and used well. Nice work :)

Carmen: Ah no definitely not that's why they had to be there #GottKeepItFresh right? Thanks :)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Dominic: Got you writing songs about me now huh? Lol I'm playing. This is sick though.

Ooc: Love those lyrics. :P

Carmen: Hahahaha that's funny Dom you wish tho and thanks :)

ooc: Thank you :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#9 Posted : 14 July 2015 06:44:35(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Chantal: 2.3 is being generous IMO, I'd give it a 1.8 and that's on a good day. About as bland as a sandwich with no filling.

Sophia: Chantal that's soooo mean babes! Don't listen Carmen hehe! Hiii by the way! :) I'm a big big fan of you babes and I loooove this song! Actually I think it's my new fave! Don't fall down too hard though babes because it'll hurt! Oh and who's Tylenol? It is a person right??? I'd love to meet him because he sounds sooo nice if this song is about him! Hehe!

Nadia: Oh my gaaah, you look gorgeous in the video, sweetie. I'm green with envy! Wanna casually swap faces sometime? Hahah. ;) I've been hearing you non-stop on the radio lately and I don't think things are gonna change any time soon if this is the stuff you keep coming out with. You're turning into a huge star and it's always lovely to see someone who seems genuine like yourself make it big. All the best!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 14/07/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 14 July 2015 07:16:14(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Chantal: 2.3 is being generous IMO, I'd give it a 1.8 and that's on a good day. About as bland as a sandwich with no filling.

Sophia: Chantal that's soooo mean babes! Don't listen Carmen hehe! Hiii by the way! :) I'm a big big fan of you babes and I loooove this song! Actually I think it's my new fave! Don't fall down too hard though babes because it'll hurt! Oh and who's Tylenol? It is a person right??? I'd love to meet him because he sounds sooo nice if this song is about him! Hehe!

Nadia: Oh my gaaah, you look gorgeous in the video, sweetie. I'm green with envy! Wanna casually swap faces sometime? Hahah. ;) I've been hearing you non-stop on the radio lately and I don't think things are gonna change any time soon if this is the stuff you keep coming out with. You're turning into a huge star and it's always lovely to see someone who seems genuine like yourself make it big. All the best!

Carmen: @Chantal With all due respect and I do have an incredible amount of respect for you and GirlSpice this was just a free track to get the crew a bit hyped and hold them over for the bigger releases I've got coming and while I love the crew more than anything I'm not about to drop the best song I've recorded as a free track still gotta get that money somehow Whistle but thanks for the honesty and giving your feedback

@Sophia Hey S what's up? Thank you it's amazing to know that I'm also a huge fan of you and the ladies you've been killin' it lately and don't worry I won't be falling too hard if I do I'll grab some Tylenol and no Tylenol is just a medication for pain, headaches and fevers babe

@Nadia Wow comments from 3/3 of GS wait til I tell my girls haha thank you Nadia I'd swap faces in a heart beat mami wow thank you so much I'm glad Nadia Berry is listening to me on the radio and digging my music thank you again :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 17 July 2015 13:18:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: Clearly you don't know how to have a good time with Tylenol but it's not your fault, you're just a child. I personally like this much better than your first two singles and I guess I like the other video better than this one. You're not bad, so I'll take a chance on your album which means you're doing a good job so far or I wouldn't really give it a listen. I just hope each song isn't going to be a simple love song though.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 17/07/2015(UTC)