logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 25 July 2015 18:35:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “The Saviour They All Think I Am”
By: Riot! In The Boulevard
From: Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (August 2015)
Release Date: July 25, 2015
Length: 4:32
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada - June 2015
Genre: Alternative Rock, Rock, Soundtrack
Label: Studio60 Records
Written: June 2015
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin, Jason Greenberg
Producer(s): Riot! In The Boulevard, Avil Hartman

“The Saviour They All Think I Am” is a song by American rock band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’, written and recorded exclusively for the Evangelion: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. In May 2015 the band put themselves forward to contribute a song to the English Movie adaptation of the popular Japanese Anime series Evangelion, it’s rumoured that the band were delighted to be given the opportunity to contribute a song to the Movie, they reportedly finished writing the song within days of being officially offered the opportunity due to drawing inspiration from the original TV series, they quickly came up with a chorus that they felt they could build the song around and it’s title “The Saviour They All Think I Am” came directly from the songs chorus.
When talking about contributing a song to the Movie, lead singer Amy Meyer stated her falling in love with the story as a driving force behind the rapid pace at which the band wrote the song, “It’s a story that I really fell in love with, at it’s core it’s about finding a courage and strength in yourself that you didn’t know you had and certainly over the last year it’s something that I can relate to strongly. When we heard they were looking for people to contribute to the soundtrack, we just had to do whatever we could to be involved in the Movie in some small way and I hope that we have done it justice with our song.”

The song was written in early June 2015 by all three members of the band, Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg and was recorded during the sessions for their upcoming fifth studio album “Boycott Love”. The track was produced by the band alongside regular collaborator Avil Hartman and sees the band venture into new territory with a soundtrack song. The song will become part of the Evangelion soundtrack and is released as the third official single from the movies album, following the first “Shine” featuring both Aaron Styles and Mister_b and the most recent “Postpone” by Hannah Beth.
It’s also expected that the track will be made available on Riot!’s upcoming album “Boycott Love” as a bonus track, which the band are still currently working on in the studio with an expected release date of September. Whether the song becomes a major part of the bands ever-growing music collection remains to be seen, but it’s sure to be seen as another plus for fans that had previously thought days of hearing new music from the Las Vegas trio were over at least for a while.

“The Saviour They All Think I Am” is the fourth single released from Riot! In The Boulevard since their unexpected return earlier in the year. It’s also the seventeenth single released in their career since breaking through back in 2011, picking up seven number one’s along the way. It continues the build and anticipation towards their next record which has so far seen the band release a brand new single each month since April and is expected to continue with a new single each month until the albums expected release date of September. The track was written in early June 2015 and was recorded at Half-Moon Studios in Las Vegas, Nevada. The song along with all the other songs being recorded for their next album was produced entirely by the band alongside long-time producer and collaborator Avil Hartman and will be released through Studio60 Records in formats that include CD Single, Digital Download and Weekly Airplay and will be released on July 25, 2015.

BACKGROUND & SONG DESCRIPTION;

The song opens up with a melodic piano introduction and is quickly accompanied by the soft emotive tones of the voice of Amy Meyer, it feels slow and sombre to begin with and sets the mood during the first verse as the female vocalist delivers the lyrics of the opening verse in her unmistakable voice, “Some people were born to love, others born to fight/Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved/I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice/I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice/Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour/I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders”. She sings with passion and as the first verse comes towards the end, the energy suddenly picks up with the introduction of lead guitar, bass guitar and drums as they combine to provide the fire-power to the song as Amy now raises her voice and shows real passion in her vocal delivery of the opening verse’s final lyrics, “Maybe I can make this right/I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone/But I’ve just got to fight!/Fight!/To fight!/To fight! To Fight!.”

Now as the second verse arrives and the true mood of the song has been set, the additional instrumental delivery from both Adam Benjamin and Jason Greenberg have changed what seemed to begin as a soft ballad has evolved into an anthemic rock track and Amy once more shows the very range of her vocal ability, delivering her next lines with such energy and passion, it feels as though she truly believes in what she is singing as she bellows out lyrics drenched in religious imagery, perhaps her Christian upbringing is being channelled in this track as she sings, “I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am/And I’ll fight with my soul/I’ll do what I can/For every child, woman and man/I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can/I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am.”
The end of the second verse is complemented with a back and forth between Amy’s vocal and the lead guitar provided by Adam Benjamin with a repetitive delivery of the lyrics, “Fight! Fight! Fight!/Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah.” and a brief opportunity for the instruments to get a bit of spotlight as the lead guitar and drums lead us into the next verse.

The song slows a little as we can hear the soft tones of the piano keys, still highlighted by the guitar and drums combination, the song finds a balance between ballad and rock track and Amy dominates vocally once again, “They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me/To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century/But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s/I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?/Suddenly I must find my place/Somewhere among the pantheons of greats/I may be scared/But I must be brave.” and as that verse comes to a close we’re treated to the songs pre-chorus and second verse lyrics repeat to the fade-out. It seems like the band have been clever related the Evangelion movies theme into their own evolution and status as a band, in particular that final verse where Amy sings about being a normal kid, but having people look to follow her. It’s a nice way to end the song and wrap up the connection between movie and music.

LYRICS;

“Some people were born to love, others born to fight
Maybe some were born to be heroes while others were born to be saved
I can’t figure out which path I’m on but I don’t think I have a choice
I’ve been chosen to be the one, it’s time to find my voice
Time is running down and they’re all looking at me to be their saviour
I’ve got the weight of a city upon my shoulders
Maybe I can make this right
I’m feeling a little out of my comfort zone
But I’ve just got to fight!
Fight!
To fight!
To fight! To Fight!

I’ll wear this cross close to my chest and I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am
And I’ll fight with my soul
I’ll do what I can
For every child, woman and man
I’ll hold this cross close to my heart and I’ll do what I can

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

They all need a saviour and they’re looking at me
To be the one to bring them the gospel of a brand new century
But I’m just a normal kid, unaware of destiny’s
I’m just a normal kid, is this really what I’m meant to be?
Suddenly I must find my place
Somewhere among the pantheons of greats
I may be scared
But I must be brave

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Woah-oh-woah-oh-woah
Fight! Fight! Fight!

I’ll do what I can

I’ll do what I can
I’ll try to be the saviour that they all think I am”

SOUND ALIKE;

PVRIS - HOLY

PERSONNEL;

Amy Meyer - lead vocals, lyrics, piano, composition, production
Adam Benjamin - lead guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg - bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Billie Langdon - drums, percussion
Avil Hartman - production, mixing, engineering
thanks 13 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Welat65 on 25/07/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 25/07/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/07/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/07/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/07/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 26/07/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/07/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/07/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/07/2015(UTC), erich hess on 26/07/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 26/07/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/07/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#2 Posted : 26 July 2015 05:52:55(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Always a treat when I find out you guys have a new song out. So you must know that I'm feeling pretty incredible right about now.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 26/07/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2015 05:53:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Another outstanding job with these guys. I've just recently gotten into listening to this band so I was excited to see them being used on here :) I really love the lyrics and the meaning of the song, I think it's what Riot! is essentially all about, even if unintentional.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline Clampdown  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2015 06:41:02(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
OOC: This is so rad, I think I said in my Coast 2 Coast review of "To Write Love on Her Arms" that every song Riot comes out with is better than the last and I definitely think that's true. You come out from nowhere with this incredible songs. I truly hope this is a chart topper! :):)
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2015 05:10:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Always a treat when I find out you guys have a new song out. So you must know that I'm feeling pretty incredible right about now.

Adam: Thank you Kourtney, we always aim to provide our fans with awesome treats! Next single we release is gonna come with a free bag of sweets, we are all about the treats! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 28 July 2015 05:15:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Another outstanding job with these guys. I've just recently gotten into listening to this band so I was excited to see them being used on here :) I really love the lyrics and the meaning of the song, I think it's what Riot! is essentially all about, even if unintentional.

OOC: Thank you, I feel like they're my easiest act to write for, probably because I've had them for so many years now! Kewl, I was aiming to just write a song based on what I thought the movie was about, but it's good that it relates to Riot!'s own ways! I love PVRIS, they were my favourite new band of 2014 :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 28 July 2015 05:22:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
OOC: This is so rad, I think I said in my Coast 2 Coast review of "To Write Love on Her Arms" that every song Riot comes out with is better than the last and I definitely think that's true. You come out from nowhere with this incredible songs. I truly hope this is a chart topper! :):)

OOC: Thanks! I always try to make each song they come out with be unique in some way. I think I've written better songs for them in the past, but I always try to make them at least on the same level as their previous work. Yeah, I'm not a big promo person tbh, I'm not very good at the whole anticipation and build-up side of things. Glad you like it! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Clampdown on 28/07/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 28 July 2015 07:51:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Yaaay! This is such a great song you wrote here for Riot and the album/soundtrack! They have made such a strong comeback this year and this is just continuing their awesome year after coming back into fruition. Nice work as always Andrew :)

Edited by user 28 July 2015 07:52:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 29/07/2015(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 01 August 2015 23:00:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Yaaay! This is such a great song you wrote here for Riot and the album/soundtrack! They have made such a strong comeback this year and this is just continuing their awesome year after coming back into fruition. Nice work as always Andrew :)

OOC: Thanks! I've tried my best to make their return worthwhile!