logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 04 August 2015 02:06:32(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: August 10th, 2015
Recorded: 2013-2015; S.M. Studios, Seoul; Out Of This World Studios, LA; DAHLHOUSE Studios, NY
Genre: Hip Hop, R&B, Indie
Label: Studio60
Producer: FancyN

Quarter Notes N Shit is a collaborative studio album by American rapper Drew Westbrook and Korean actor and singer Dae Ho Park, released on August 10th, 2015, by Studio60 Records. Before the album, Westbrook and Park had ran into ech other many times in the studio and before long began collaborating. Once forming a friends and finding it ironic that both of them were highly-anticipated artists who were having a hard time pushing out the music, they originally sought out to record a mixtape together, but when the project evolved into something great, it became an official album. Recording sessions took place in new York, where Drew Westbrook resides, Los Angeles, where Dae ho Park resides and Seoul, where Dae Ho Park is from and visits frequently. Recording began as early as 2013. The album was produced solely by FancyN with additional piano arrangements by Drew Westbrook himself.

Expanding on the diverse production style of FancyN, Quarter Notes N Shit varies between Hip Hop and R&B but it incorporates electronic music, alternative and soul in its sound. Drew Westbrook's and Dae Ho Park's very honest lyrics are acquisitive, self-centered and yet self-loathing as the two go throughout the album sharing details on all the changes being made in their life and all of the relationships they've blown through during it.

With lyrics from all 2 rappers, they all use the song as a vent of their hectic year in the spotlight and each even throws what many would consider a New year's resolution into their parts. It starts with Drew Westbrook, of course. Aikya sings the hook, he comes in with his hard hitting verse, a real change from the soft piano and vocals that the song is introduced with, and doesn't take his time beating around the bush--getting right to business. In 2013, Drew Westbrook appeared out of literally nowhere when he was featured on both of the two rap phenoms Lotus and Sonyae, famous for their beef due to being to female rappers who could legitimately throw down on a track. When Alive and Forgotten Ceremony were on the charts within the same week, all of the headlines were on whether or not Yae or Lo won the round but everyone forgot one small detail--Drew Westbrook were featured on both of the hits and played a part that damn near made the songs. From there he went on to get involved with underground features, singing many hooks, and to serve even more rap verses for tracks by the likes of Tisha Jackson (Rehab) and Dominic (Rush). When the time finally came, January 1st, 2015, Drew Westbrook released his official debut single, giving it to fans an the likes as a free download as what he calls "a bribe for [them] to stick around for the album to come". Critics praised the song, calling it the perfect way to bring in the new year, especially surprising for Hip Hop. From there, official work on the collaborative debut album between Drew Westbrook and his best friend Dae Ho Park, a young actor, singer and model. For Dae Ho Park it's been almost 2 years since he was introduced to the business. Known remotely in 2013 for his supporting role on ALISTAIR: City Of Secrets as Caleb Lockheart, it wasn't soon after that when he landed a record deal with the major record label Studio60, just months after his twin sister Mi Sun Kim signed onto Five Pesky Kids with Mi•Mi. That same month, the demo that got him on Studio60 leaked onto the internet, a short song named "May Be Young" featuring guest vocals from the female rapper Lotus that went viral and even gained a little airplay with it's looped version. The buzz for Ho's singing career quickly went away as he focused more on his acting, landing another role on Consequences, this time serving the role of the co-star of the show as Lee Hatter. Not much has been heard from him since then, other than dating rumors here and there. That was until he was reportedly in the studio with Drew Westbrook. Now what initially started off as an EP, turned into a mixtape and when the songs became more than what they expected, it was now being dubbed as an official studio album. Quarter Notes N Shit began as a collection of 24 songs that were chosen from hundreds of tracks made by the two artists that procrastinated their way through Hollywood, but the finished product has been shortened down to 18 songs. Rumor has it that all the left over songs are quickly being produced into solo albums from the highly anticipated acts.

Tracklist
1. 0.08% ft. Tatiana
2. ONE ft. Rum and Aikya Balan
3. 2nd
4. ..3 ft. Allison Cooper
5. 4
6. 777
7. 8
8. 9
9. NINE 2 FIVE ft. Tisha Jackson
10. 10-4
11. 11/1 ft. Rum
12. 12 ft. Misu
13. 14/88
14. 24k
15. 40 oz.
16. 87 ft. J-Pain
17. 143
18. 5820 ft.

Edited by user 04 August 2015 02:36:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2015 03:17:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

0.08% ft. Tatiana
Length: 2:27
Genre: PBR&B
Written by: Dae Ho Park
Produced by: FancyN

All 50 states in the United States impose penalties for driving with a BAC of 0.08% or greater, which is where the title of this track comes from. Talking about a non-committed girl who Dae Ho Park got himself involved with, he takes the time in this song to warn other's to not be fooled by her addictive scent and instead steer clear of her malice, or at least to not fall in love with her and get too serious. He does this with the help of the famous Hollywood personality, Tatiana, best known on Twitter and Instagram as @LegitDontLikeYou. She raps the words of the femme fatale but it's clear with the references "Damn right I'm named after liquor" and "I do this sh*t on my Downtime (wordplay on a single released by rapper Rum earlier this year)" that the lyrics are about Rum, one half of the duo Rum & Coke. Many rumors of them dating have been reported at an earlier time but now it's made clear by this that their relationship (if it even was one) is a thing of the past. There has yet to be any comment on Rum's side of the story but it's obvious that she knows the track exists and exactly what it's about since she produced it herself.

Going along with the title, the lyrics flow with the theme of being an alcoholic or addict even (yet another reference to Rum & Coke), as the song sharply swifts through the lines "Sip, sip low/.../Pour, pour up/.../Cause when you overdose...". Dae's words are used subtly and they cut right to the chase. They start off very hesitant and vulnerable but once Tatiana comes in and the beat introduces itself, things quickly take a vulgar turn, revealing that the only part of the relationship that was so addictive was the lust. The music of the track itself is very sharp but melodic. It relies mostly on the intense layering of Dae Ho Park's voice. The instrumental is full of synths and snaps, reminding one of a pure PBR&B with a beat that makes the song and a bass that supports it well.

Dae Ho Park
Tatiana

"Sip, sip low"
Don't hesitate
Just walk away
That's the only way
Save yourself from her pain
"Pour, pour up"
You never know
What she has in store
Eyes are closed
You're just another string to her bow

Cause when you overdose
It's not her fault, she swears it's not her fault
When you overdose
You're on your own, all on your own
And no, you're not alone
Never took too much effort for her to do us wrong
Spends all that time teaching you how to walk
Just to send you off

(haaa haaaa haaaaa)
(haaa haaaa haaaaa)

She says, "remember how you miss
Then fuck em like they dissed me
Don't try to picture yourself with me,
Just close your eyes and breathe
You said this was your first time
I'm making precious memories
Teaching you all I know
You won't mind, it don't take long
Damn right, I'm named after liquor
I do this shit on my Downtime
Handle my own figures
Still keep the cookie tasting how you like it
Don't need a man but I don't fight it,
You know you like it, baby why you fighting?
I see you don't talk much when this pussy tighten"

Boy tighten up, act like you know!

Cause when you overdose
It's not her fault, she swears it's not her fault
When you overdose
You're on your own, and no, you're not alone
thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Welat65 on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2015 03:22:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single : ONE
Artist : Drew Westbrook, Rum, Aikya Balan
Release Date : January 1st, 2015
Genre : Hip Hop
Length : 4:21
Label : Studio60, Tric-Jam Records
Written by : Drew Westbrook, Nina Tarantino, Aikya Balan
Produced by : FancyN

ONE is a song by American Rapper-Singer-Songwriter Drew Westbrook, released on January 1st, 2015 as the long awaited debut single of the up-and-coming rapper/singer. The song features a verse from the Hip Hop mogul, Rum of the duo Rum & Coke and the hook is sung by the alternative singer turned reality TV star, Aikya Balan, all of who have made waves within the industry throughout the year of 2014. The song was written by the Drew Westbrook and Nina Tarantino and produced by Nina Tarantino as well, under her producing name FancyN, formerly known as NinaT.

Drew wasted absolutely no time addressing being on everyone else's songs but his own with the lyrics Wasn't singing hooks I was teasin' some/My collaborations been anointing them like the Holy One and goes on to do a little self-evaluation and a promise that from here on out, he'll be the main attraction with I admit that I was holding out--holding back--but you's a nun and Look, fuck all them details, I'm here for good and it's all good. NOTICE that Drew Westbrook is not even singing his own hook. But on a side note, with the line where he thanks everyone's who's helped him get to where he's at, you just might notice a little more that they're all females like countless of other people of Twitter, sparking tweets like: "Drew, AND BE HONEST, how many of them have you smashed?"

After the hook is sung for the second time, Rum comes in with her verse in a more laid back way than Drew's, although it does get more intense towards the end. For the Cuban rapper, 2014 has been all about her relationship drama--sided with surprise albums, 3 hit singles (1 promotional) that managed to carry out through the year, urban airplay domination and a couple of Twitter beefs of course. But there was nothing more intense for the rapper than when CBB4 aired her former girlfriend cheating with 2 other women on national television, and this rap proves it. While many people attacked the Big Brothers contestants, practically cyber-bullying the cheater, Rum has yet to show any real anger with the situation. In fact, she often tweets her ex and lightheartedly answers all Q&A's on Twitter. Yet, the shade. THE SHADE. It's there you guys, so apparent that we just might have to call it spotlight. But that of course is not all she manages to rap about, speaking on how she's managed to deal with fame and all of the "perks" that comes with it. Only true Rum & Coke fans understood the pun, thankyouverrrrmuch. "If it's Better In Tongues, I'm done keeping it in like a locker" She says in response to what all her enemies will say in response to her retort to their hate while also shamelessly plugging in that self promo for her pending album, Better In Tongues. Her New Year's resolution? "Telling myself that I'm too sick to give shits 'bout shit that ain't music"

Drew Westbrook
Aikya Balan
Rum

There's nothing here to run from, run from, run from, run from
Except where you come from, it's true
So accept all that comes or run, or run, or run, or run
Because there's nothing here to prove
When you know you're the one..

Shit, I've been there and I've done that
I don't need a gig out in Dunlap
To prove to you that I've done laps
'Cause my buzz is trapped in my bee sting and right now I'm just floating--

Helium
Wasn't singing hooks I was teasin' some
My collaborations been anointing them like the Holy One
And when I get my own damn music out? Like the Holy One, I'll be the only one
Looking at the stats, they can't tell me nun'
I admit that i was holding out--
holding back--but you's a nun
Draft day, I'm afraid you're losing 'em
Top pick yet they still choosing, son
Just keep throwing your tantrums
I'm swinging high for home run
Hate the fact that yall always got some smart shit to say
With your rhetoricals, hypotheticals and
"would he even be here without 'Yae?"
Look, fuck all them details, I'm here for good and it's all good
If I wanted, I could live off these features, I'm eating good in my small hood
Yes I got a small car with 2 seats and no hood
Yes, I'm getting the recognition that we all know I been should
Tell Lotus, Liyah, Sonyae, Tisha, can't forget Aikya--even Rum--that I owe them one
I hope Kidd knows where I'm coming from, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't the one

When you know you're the one..

For some reason my name always gets them hot & bothered
And for the same reasons, I don't even fell like being bothered
If it's Better In Tongues, I'm done keeping it in like a locker
Only speaking English for the White Man like my father--
Turns out it's just me and all of my punchlines
I been running shit since before time, I don't need your vote
Rum & Coke but no homophones,
"can you hear me now ?" like I'm on the phone
Don't be blowing up my phone, nah, when the fuck was you last here?
9 to 5 now that my time's a little nearer
Now that my stocks experiencing expansions, don't be tryna come nearer
Imma make this shit clearer since it's taking up so much of your attention
Damn right I've been locked up in my mansion
Telling myself that I'm too sick to give shits 'bout shit that ain't music
Such a nuisance, just move trick
I thought I told y'all about first pitch
I thought I taught y'all about malfunctions with no glitches, clean cuts but no stitches
Bitches always tryna bring me down but I've been down with 6 figures--go figure

Giving my thanks to Big Brother, I should've been had these hoes figured

When you know you're the one
Look, it's a new year, not my year
But I doubt the rest will last here
Don't come here, how do I say this?

(10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2..)

Edited by user 04 August 2015 03:24:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Welat65 on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2015 03:53:12(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

2nd
Length: 3:23
Genre: R&B
Written by: Dae Ho Park

The track 2nd comes in on a much darker and deeper level of "the climb" that both Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park illustrate within this album of numbered songs. Dae Ho Park this time around sings about how the level of determination and focus and persistence it takes for a real artist to make it anywhere in the business has an effect on those around them and an even heavier effect on themselves. As the saying goes, "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is taken to an extreme as "Jack" loses all his friends, support from his own family and in the midst of everything loses touch with himself and a world outside of music, the title coming from the song's lyrics being about putting music first and everything else coming in second to it.

The R&B song really shows itself during it's entrance, it's mellow bass and catchy 808 immediately pulling the listener in for a smooth track that's easy to vibe out to. But the lyrics themselves aren't so easy to digest, the first verse pressing on all the pressure from the people around him to pay more attention to his surroundings and the second verse pressing on the psychological warfare he's having with himself who seems to be changing involuntarily to fit in the mold of Hollywood. Asking himself to pay more attention and take control of his life again, Dae dismisses the rational side of him, his mind set on making it and being satisfied with life. Vocally, Dae gives a very laidback delivery but you can still hear the bitterness seeping out of the back of his throat with each word. It seems that in this particular song and speaking on it's specific scenario, it makes him sick of the whole world, himself included.

Dae Ho Park

These reflections don't look similar
Not even my family feels familiar
Suddenly these old habits are back
Unlike the friends I thought I had
And I guess it's my bad
No one takes the distance lightly
And the path of least resistance only fights me
Still they claim I take the easy route
But I'm done holding out
Go and eat your heart out

Oh, shouldn't have to explain myself
Who cares how you feel? I already hate myself
If I can't keep up with fate, I shouldn't have to chase myself
You call it a highway to hell

Think of it as my path to fame
You think we're one and the same but still can't understand
Why I put it first, I put it first, I put it first
When you didn't even place
I've got the world to gain with my head buried in the sand
I put it first, I put it first, I put it first
But still don't know if I even placed

These reflections feel look similar
There's even a slur in my silly words
The cat's out of the bag somehow
That this isn't just for now
I've been like this for a while
And all I wanted, I just can't have
And all my dreams have proved to be nothing but that
And that I've achieved, just isn't much
Feels like I've settled down for wanderlust
Fit in just to readjust

Oh, shouldn't have to explain myself
Who cares how I feel? I already hate myself
If I can't keep up with fate, I shouldn't have to chase myself
You call it a highway to hell

Think of it as my path to fame
To think I'm one and the same but one half still can't understand
But don't care what else placed
I've got the world to gain with my head buried in the sand
But still don't know if I even placed

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 04 August 2015 04:27:46(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

..3 ft. Allison Cooper
Length: 3:36
Genre: PBR&B
Written by: Dae Ho Park, Drew Westbrook

Taking the whole, "stop, breathe and count to 10" method but shortening it up to three, Dae Ho Park makes the track 3 to mock the temper of an unstable mind. For obvious reasons this song is the theme song of the upcoming HBO series that Dae Ho park stars in Consequences: Dead Man Walking and it features his co-star Allison Cooper. Showing how the world looks through the opposite of rose-tinted glasses, where Dae calls out the deranged soul for seeing the worst in people and knowing that it was going to end well. Taken as a track that guides one through the steps and thoughts of snapping on the world and being ready to take karma into one's own hands, freezing in time and thinking about calming down but finding it completely useless and a waste of time.

3 is one of the standout tracks on Quarter Notes N Shit, not only for it's sinister lyrics but it's brilliant production. Despite being accompanied by random clicking sounds (almost as if there were twigs and the likes in the background literally snapping), the song is grounded in an arrangement of several layered pianos, all played by Drew Westbrook and composed by FancyN. The multi-talented rapper notably plays the piano all throughout the album but he hits his peak with the perfectly placed keys that add as much emotion to the song as the actual vocals. Speaking of, Dae's delivery of his rich tone remains very nonchalant yet sung in a matter of fact way as he continues taunting the fragile mindset. The chills of the track comes in when Allison briefly shows up, singing her part in one of the most vulnerable and shakiest of voices, really selling the role of someone who's completely broken and trying really hard to not lose it. Her plead of course doesn't stop Dae and when Allison fades out of the song (which does take a minute as Drew Westbrook flexes his piano skills), Dae comes back in, continuing to read the nutcase cover to cover.

Dae Ho Park
Allison

It's that spark of red, that flash of hope
That reminds you you're better off alone
And you're trying, you're really trying
But with thoughts like that, it's already gone bad
It's that flash of blood, that spark of rage
That reminds you the world's gotta pay
For everything, damn right, everything
All those chances you gave and not one change was made

You're stuck on 1
Nobody really expects you to make it to 3
You're stuck on 1
There's no way you can fake it to 3

Look...
I've been tightening up all my screws!
I've been-I've been cleaning up my whole act!
I've been-I've been burying my bad blood!
How you just gone bring it back up just like that?

Gathered your twigs, fixed yourself
You're so broken, you can't afford hell
And I have to give it to you..
You tried.
But there's a difference between slipping up and snapping hard
And you my friend, you never had a heart
Just consequences and different levels of pain
For that void hiding behind your rib cage

You've been stuck on 1
And I bet it pisses you off just thinking of 3

erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 04 August 2015 05:21:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Length: 1:50
Genre: Hip Hop, Trap
Written by: Drew Westbrook

"Tell me that it's all for me" Drew smoothly chants during the interlude 4 while FancyN subtlety guides the track with the sounds of creaking bedsprings, Drew Westbrook puts off making music to engage with a groupie while ironically enough complaining about groupies. It's a brief freestyle with a catchy melody about not only procrastinating and getting caught up with the random females that comes with Hollywood but as he repeats the hook over and over again, it's obvious that Drew confirmation and even acceptance from anyone willing to give him the time of the day.

Drew Westbrook

She wonder why I live this life, almost like I think it's good for me
Look I've been on the road, maybe there's been a few in my sheets
I number the days, lose count every night
Make it tap out, bring it back to life every time
They always in the club like this
Always, always, always on the floor like this
And they, always end up on they knees, prioress
I can cater to your needs, but you know what I wanna see
Gon' and drop the kitty, baby get me on my feet
It's all for the cake, are you gon get your piece today?
Came to see you wine but you could you do your dance on me?
Baby could you dance for me? Baby could you prance on me?
Nothin' but them heels on, stepping all over my chest
Breakfast in bed, let me take it to your head

I've got melodies to create, lyrics to write
Quarter notes to place, bigger fish to fry
A lot of blanks to fill, but I've got you on my mind
You need something to feel, I need something to pass the time

So tell me that it's all for me
And we can make it all about you
Tell me that it's all for me
Let me see you at my point of view
Re-mi, re-mi
Do-re-mi
We can make it all about you
Let me see you at my point of view
Re-mi, re-mi
Do-re-mi

erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 04 August 2015 09:42:49(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Length: 3:12
Genre: Hip Hop, R&B
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Dae Ho Park

7 is said to be a lucky number and if you've ever been to a casino, then you know 777 is even luckier. It's easy to see why Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park would name this track after the favored numbers, 777 playing the role of needing someone to accompany you during the holidays with the possibility that it's something that could last longer than winter. At least that's the story Dae Ho Parks follows in the chorus and the outro. In the verses, Drew Westbrook takes a page out of Dae's book and raps about 2 relationships of his, one of an ex he abandoned and the other of the girl he's with. He drops obvious hints at the girls he's talking about in this song, with lyrics like "Damn I used to love her lil' Asian glow/The way her braces blinded me at the right angle" that obviously show that the first verse is about his past with the female rapper Liyah. In the second verse Drew raps, "How I can hardly breathe until addressed by my 25 queen?" which reveals the second verse to be about Tisha Jackson, his current girlfriend.

777 is a mid-tempo hip hop and R&B song. It is set in common time with a moderate tempo of 95 beats per minute and composed in the key of F major. The song begins with a medium tempo followed by its melody, a cascading piano medley performed by Drew Westbrook, once again an arrangement by FancyN. The instrumental remains in a loop of sorts as the light-hearted track is played. Drew raps with a slight hint of angst in his voice as Dae sings in a higher register, softly approaching his falsetto on the mellow track.

Drew Westbrook
Dae Ho Park

And I just don't see what's so special about the snow
She probably sitting at home serving some other dude cocoa
I know I told y'all I'm over that hoe
Even though I traded her for the studio
Stopped calling and didn't know just how long ago
Until I started back and she simply ain't answer the phone
I was tryna act like I was moving on
Yet and still I was listening to all of her songs
You think she gon' drop something for Christmas though?
A little Jingle Bell Rock to her crazy flow
Damn I used to love her lil' Asian glow
The way her braces blinded me at the right angle
Can you kiss with them things on? Man, I'll never know
Or maybe I don't remember, there's just something about the winter
Yea

And I just don't see what's so good about the cold
And I just don't see
what's so special about the snow
But that's the thing, this year we don't have to be alone
Stay with me, we just might end up being lucky

Somebody told me it's cuffing season
Christmas without Mrs. Claus ain't a good way to start the season
Don't nobody want a Christmas card with a lone heart
Late nights t yet another club don't really bring season's greeting
But I promise that ain't the reason
Sometimes I wake up and still think I'm dreaming
I know me being a coward has thrown you in the deep end
But I think it's OK as long as I keep you from sinking
You gon' hate my ass when you figure out these secrets I've been keeping
If it helps, sometimes I tell you everything when I know you're sleeping
You ever noticed how everyday you wake up with your bangs swept perfectly out of your face?
How everyday you wake up clinging on to me
How I've never slipped out of bed even when I knew I was late
How I can hardly breathe until addressed by my 25 queen?
Uh

And I just don't see what's so good about the cold
And I just don't see
what's so special about the snow
But that's the thing, this year we don't have to be alone
Stay with me, we just might end up being lucky
I know I'll probably never make it to heaven
But I was thinking you could be my lucky 7
I don't care about the presents, I just wanna feel your presence
I was thinking you could be my lucky 7
7, 7, 7
Oh, oh

Edited by user 04 August 2015 09:52:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/08/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 05/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 07 August 2015 04:49:13(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Length: 3:29
Genre: Hip Hop, R&B
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Dae Ho Park

In the track 8, Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park spend 3 minutes and 30 seconds describing a girl who is shaped like the number 8, reminiscing on all of her manipulative and malicious ways. But when one steps back and puts the song into perspective, it becomes something way more than yet another song about yet another girl. It becomes a song about living in the fast lane and how glorified people make it seem, until you experience it for yourself and realize that the life is everything they say but only temporarily, and when that time approaches, it's proven to send you to your lowest point.

Featuring an obvious sample from My Heart Belongs To U by Jodeci, 8 is a upbeat hip hop and R&B song with a tempo of 120 beats per minute. Drew raps in a stern vice as he spends the whole rap trying to convince himself that he's done being the puppet of a figure 8. Meanwhile Dae Ho Park's voice howls through the track, especially when he approaches the outro, singing about losing his soul to the very life that promised it all. Lyrically in the first verse, he takes the metaphor and it's personification literally, especially with the last 4 lines where he talks about not having trust in the "girl" and tracking down her movements. The hook goes on to describe a figure 8 with lots of qualities to distract you from "her" twisted ways. In the second verse Drew Westbrook drops the literal sense an begins to dive right into the process and risk of seeking confirmation and acceptance in a life that promises girls and drugs. Throughout the album Drew Westbrook proves he is prone to putting his trust in the wrong people or in this case, the wrong things.

Drew Westbrook
Dae Ho Park

Wonder why mama always warned about them pretty girls
Fuck around and drive stick, I just might make it to the end of the world
Take on the world for them and then watch as they slowly turn around and get ya
Like damn, we all should've figured, man, we all should've figured
You say you're ride or die, but who really trusts pretty girls anyway?
Gotta GPS on ya ride just in case you ever feel the need to get away
That's how I know you ain't with your friends every night you stay out late
But I still let ya hoein ass back in everyday

You're a figure 8

With an hourglass frame, and a pretty lil' face
Aw, do it so good with them hips I forget my own name
You're a figure 8
With an hourglass frame, and a slim lil' waist

Aw, do it so good with them lips, I forgot about those fangs
God dang,
you're a figure 8
You're a figure 8
Go figure,
should've figured, you're a figure 8

...My soul belongs to you

666 right there on your forehead, they always told me to have the courtesy to look up
But you know what you're doing, the way them twins pop out every time you get dressed up
You always got on them high ass heels almost as if you tryna give a fool a better view
And I hear what they say about me, I was just tryna give someone in this world my point of view
I was just tryna show you that I could be the man, if I really wanted, I could've gone through with the plans
Cause I aint have the music and I aint have the fame, always had the quarter notes and shit, just didn't know how to sang
Always knew the people, just aint never had the friends, that's why I really hoped you'd stick around in the end
And if this is the end, I guess I'll have to accept that, because I'm the main one who understands that sometimes it gets like that
Sometimes you gotta backtrack just to tell them how you feel
I heard it loud and clear that that's the only way you feel
I knew it wasn't real, I just didn't think it was too late
"Murder," She Wrote, I was just too stupid to flip the damn page

Cause you're a figure 8

With an hourglass frame, and a pretty lil' face
Aw, do it so good with them hips I forget my own name
You're a figure 8
With an hourglass frame, and a slim lil' waist

Aw, do it so good with them lips, I forgot about those fangs
God dang,
you're a figure 8
You're a figure 8
Go figure,
should've figured, you're a figure 8

...My soul belongs to you
You took that from me
My soul belongs to you
You took that from me
We can't always get what we want

('Cept for you!) You showed that to me
My soul belongs to you

(It's all for you! It's all for you!)
You took that from me
My soul belongs to you...

Edited by user 08 August 2015 12:22:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 07/08/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 07 August 2015 05:10:04(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single: 9
Artist: Dae Ho Park
Label: Studio60
Release Date: July 1st, 2015
Genre: Indie Rock, R&B
Written by: Dae Ho Park, Drew Westbrook, Airemese Smith
Length: 3:36

9 is the debut single of the Korean singer, actor and model, Dae Ho Park (not to be confused with Dae Na Geum, a member of the Kpop group Mi•Mi) for his debut studio album Quarter Notes N Shit, a collaborative record with Drew Westbrook. It was released on July 1st, 2015 through Studio60 Records. Produced by FancyN, the song was written by Dae Ho Park, Drew Westbrook and Airemese Smith. A song about Dae Ho park's past experiences with 3 different women and how he coached himself through the heated situations, the song is rumored to be about a number of women in Hollywood.

A young actor, singer and model, it's been almost 2 years since Dae Ho Park was introduced to the business. Dae was known remotely in 2013 for his supporting role on ALISTAIR: City Of Secrets as Caleb Lockheart. It wasn't soon after that when he landed a record deal with the major record label Studio60, just months after his twin sister Mi Sun Kim signed onto Five Pesky Kids with Mi•Mi. That same month, the demo that got him on Studio60 leaked onto the internet, a short song named "May Be Young" featuring guest vocals from the female rapper Lotus that went viral and even gained a little airplay with it's looped version. The buzz for Ho's singing career quickly went away as he focused more on his acting, landing another role on Consequences, this time serving the role of the co-star of the show as Lee Hatter. Not much has been heard from him since then, other than dating rumors here and there. That was until he was reportedly in the studio with a number of people, mainly Drew Westbrook. Recently announcing the release of his debut album Quarter Notes N Shit to be a collaborative album with the buzzed rapper, while Westbrook dropped his promotional single 12 a few weeks ago, Dae Ho Park has hinted at the release of his debut single for the last month, tweeting "random" numbers back and forth with the rapper. 9 was one of those numbers tweeting and referred to. Now revealed as the long awaiting debut single from the teen magnet, 9 serves as the third single from Quarter Notes N Shit, the first two being ONE and 12, both performed by Drew Westbrook. This is the first track released from the album where Dae Ho Park reveals himself as a contender to the highly anticipated album.

Speaking on 3 different periods in his life with 3 different women who've left impressions on him, Dae Ho Park makes a bold move for his first single. Instead of taking the time to introduce himself and explain why he finally debuted like Drew Westbrook does in ONE, Dae Ho Park decides to flips the little relevance he has had in the tabloids into a hit, the song 9 explicitly sharing details of his experience with the few women he's been with in Hollywood, doing everything short of namedropping the women. The song itself is a slick bop, lead by a bass that gives it a nice groove with claps and soulful brief vocals that back it up, as Dae walks you through the song, putting you in the intense moments of intimacy that he was in when faced with these scenarios. But it's obvious that it's aim is to get the listener to wonder exactly whom the verses are about and when the listener isn't trying to gather hints and decipher lyrics, they can easily put themselves in the same position, his third person vibes to the explicit lyrics really setting a nice tone for them. The song has been praised by critics for it's laid back yet sexy approach to the kind of riff that is bound to catch on and hook new fans, not to mention many speculators.

Dae Ho Park

I used to know this girl, a childhood friend
Who, when it all went south, helped me play pretend
A blindfold for the things I didn't want to believe
A peephole just in case I wanted to see
You see, I've played doctor, I've even played house
But she was the one who taught me all about Cat & Mouse
We got bored, swapped places
Suddenly the game seemed to change it's basics
Didn't pout, couldn't yell, "no fair!"
When she started to just not care
Started to waste her time with all the other boys
Who had the Big Wheels, Lunchables, and Game Boys
See back then, that stuff I just couldn't afford
I thought I'd have a chance now that I'm flexing in my Tom Ford
Going crazy in the back of my mind
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head
The pressure's in between those legs
When the temp's just right
You should dive right in"

Known you for a couple weekends, still don't know what I'm feeling
But I've been told I can make those toes curl up to the ceiling
Spent your whole life without Dae, I can tell you need some healing
I've heard about that soft skin, I was just tryna get my feel in
But now I'm staring blankly into space, still don't know what to fill in
I can feel my ribs beat and I can hear my head spinning
It's only 9, why you gotta dance like that?
Swaying your hips side to side, you should just sit up on my lap
You know we could really use less clothes
I can tell this denim is getting in the way of what you really want
You didn't really need that zipper on your dress, am I right?
Came in here looking so fly, dressed to the nines
But for now I'm just blinded by the way you look me in the eye
Tossing around on this couch, we could do this all night
Kissing on your neck, sinking in just right
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

(CLACK CLACK CLACK) When you walked on by
Strutting in those heels, had me hypnotized
Your chin music up, you could tell you had my eye
I was young but that didn't change the fact that you were fine
You really looked like you knew your stuff
And I liked how you could hold it all down on your own
But you underestimated what I'm capable of
And we both knew we wouldn't have been talking if you really wanted to be alone
I forgot exactly which one of us had cast the first stone
All I know is those meetings with your label got postponed
And we both left fake numbers in each other's phones
But in that hour, it felt right, even though we were going bout it all wrong
That quick moment we shared between us, nobody else will ever know
And running into you here, something told me to just go back home
But these looks you're giving me from across the room keep telling me you feel like breaking the rules
This time...

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

"Can't mess this up
The stakes are too high
When the temp is right
Just dive right in, yeah
Start with that head

thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 09/08/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2015(UTC)