logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 03 August 2015 09:35:38(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: You Want This?
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Genre: R&B
Lenght: 3:35
Writer(s): Melanie Houston, Naomi White, Jamie Jackson, Nina "Rum" Tarantino
Producer(s): Melanie Houston

"You Want This?" is the eight track and fourth single off of girl group SYNCO's third studio album "Our World" it also serves as their thirteenth single overall the song was written by Naomi White, Alex Grey, Nina "Rum" Tarantino and Melanie Houston the track was also produced by Houston this song is another role reversal song usually we'd hear a guy talking about not wanting anything further than a one night stand however the girls switch it up here singing as if they're the ones who want the one night stand instead the girls claimed to have drawn inspiration from Rum's track "Downtime" which talks about Rum wanting a no strings attached relationship however the girls don't even want that kind of relationship here as they warn the guy that they're not one to stay and straight out tell him that this is only a one night stand

Lyrically: As said before the song speaks about only wanting a one night stand rather than a full relationship which is something that'd usually be looked down on for a girl however the girls just seem to not care as they continue to stress the point that the relationship they have with this guy will go nowhere after the one night stand the lyrics flow pretty well and the girls managed to switch it up a bit except in the chorus which gets a bit repetitive but I suppose we're going to have to get use to that because though it's a bit repetitive it's also pretty catchy plus it's not like the verses are repetitive like some of the other songs on here the song tells the story rather good through the lyrics and it's really just not a bad song however lyrically it's not the best on their album so far but compared to some of the other songs we've already heard it is pretty high up there plus Rum definitely did kill it on her part anyway overall this song gets a 7/10 for the lyrics

Production: The production of this song actually sounds like something we would possibly hear from Rum which is definitely a good thing it's also probably the reason they asked Rum to join them on this track it's more current than their previous tracks which leaned more towards mid/late 2000's which is definitely a good thing I mean yes it was nice to hear the nostalgic sounds from some of the previous tracks but it's also great to hear a more current sound on the album as well the production is very smooth and another more relaxed track which gives us a break from some of the higher energy tracks on the album that we've previously heard however despite being one of the few laid back tracks on the album it also has this energy to it that most of the laid back tracks like "Love Me Right" and "Won't Forget About" doesn't this song will and beat flows rather well with the girls' vocals and the lyrics bringing a different level of catchiness to the album this song is definitely one of the better produced tracks especially considering that it was done by only one person this track gets about a 9/10 overall for production as Melanie brings a completely different sound to the SYNCO girls here

Vocal delivery: Finally a track where each girl brings something to the table and holds their own Naomi is the clear standout on this track as she takes the lead on the chorus which of course is slightly backed up by Layla as she adds these high pitched "ooh's" in the background which actually shows off the uniqueness in her vocals surprisingly even Layla brings it vocally on this track as she takes the pre-prechorus on this one showing a more urban side to her vocals Alex definitely did a great job as well as her and Naomi have rather similar voices plus hers is pretty versatile Jamie shows a different side to her vocals as well on this track which definitely sounds good and despite having a smaller part Nicole did well on her part as well then you have Rum come in rapping and killing it I wanted to add that because she definitely did kill it and despite the girls giving one of their better vocal performances here she also held her own on this track without even really singing vocally the girls get an 8.5/10 on here showing that they're better vocally on more laid back R&B tracks like this which also shows on the other more laid back R&B tracks as well however this is one of the more standout R&B tracks on the album

Synopsis: We hear Layla start the track out on this one with those high pitches "Oooh's" that play over the muted beat in the background we then hear Naomi coming in starting the song out as the beat finally kicks in we hear Layla's "Oooh's" continue in the background two more times before Naomi finishes up this part by herself after the intro/chorus we hear Alex come in not completely showing us that deeper voice that she usually sings in this time she goes slightly higher than that as she sings the first verse of the smooth R&B track after finishing up her parts we hear Layla come in for what could only be called the pre-prechorus showing improvement on her vocals here as she goes slightly higher than Alex did Alex can be heard in the background singing "Ah yeah's" in that huskier voice as well Layla continues singing in her higher more unique vocals for a little before we hear Jamie come in singing in a style we would usually hear from Nicole however she definitely proves that she can pull it off as well as she sings the pre-chorus the beat also slightly changes here as Jamie's vocals and the beat build up to the chorus after the pre-chorus finishes we hear the beat fully kick in along with Naomi's smoother urban vocals which are backed up for the first few parts by Layla's "Oooh's" once again however after the first few parts we hear Naomi sing slightly faster in the chorus telling the guy that "Nobody can do it like the way she can" and then latter telling him "You know this ain't going nowhere, boy we ain't going nowhere, it's a one night stand" then finally asking him once more "So you want this?" which brings the chorus to an end and starts us up on the second verse which is lead by Jamie who brings out a smoother deeper side to her very versatile range throughout her verse we then hear Layla come in once again singing her part in the same way we've heard before, before we hear Nicole come in for her only part in the song which she does rather well as it's more suited to her we then hear the chorus once more which is done the same way as before, before we hear Rum come in starting out her verse a bit slower however the beat then stops for a few seconds as Rum continues her part when the beat kicks back in we hear Rum rap a bit faster now she then slows down once again a little before the beat stops again Rum now raps faster than before the beat kicks back in when we hear Naomi come back in for the chorus she also adds ad-libs along in the chorus which again is backed up by Layla's "Oooh's" after she finishes the chorus the beat slows down a bit and we hear Naomi sing the chorus once more however this time Layla's backing vocals aren't heard before the song comes to an end

Sound Alike

Layla
Alex
Nicole
Jamie
Naomi
Rum
All

Oooh, oooh, oooh
Yeah so you want this? (oooh, oooh, oooh)
So you want this? (oooh, oooh, oooh)
So you want this?

No baby don't you tell me how to do it
You should know by now I can do it all
Boy I won't even lie once you get this
You'll never wanna quit, never wanna quit

Forget what you think I'm the hottest, the best that you'll get
But you should know right now how it's about to go down
I ain't one to stay

Baby believe me you ain't gonna wanna stop
Once you get a taste you'll be hooked for life

You sure boy? (oooh, oooh, oooh)
Yeah so you want this?
Can't nobody do it like the way I can
So you want this, you want this?
You know this ain't goin' nowhere
Boy we ain't goin' nowhere
It's a one night stand
So you want this?

He already know I can ride it
Boy don't you worry just watch me now
Hope that you ain't lookin' for a wife though cause that just ain't me no it ain't me

Forget what you think I'm the hottest, the best that you'll get
But you should know right now how it's about to go down
I ain't one to stay

Baby believe me you ain't gonna wanna stop
Once you get a taste you'll be hooked for life

Yeah so you want this?
It's a one night stand
So you want this?

Ah, heard you're wanting this
But I just might have to warn and shit
Put it down like I'm the Kong and shit
Make them feel like we can't coexist
I ain't nothing like them other chicks
Tryna rate me from 1 to 10
But compared to them other women
I got you thinking that the scale was rigged
Let me do my thing, papi, watch me work, I'ma get you on your feet
Got you on your knees with a nice lil smirk, how does it feel in the hot seat?
0 to 100 with a quick switch, even as a makeshift, I can take you there
Don't play dumb, I'll have you sucking on your thumb, building castles in the air
We're going for the long run, are you up for a little More?
Start on the bed end up on the floor, do you feel it in your core?
Fuck around and wake up sore, that's how we reap what we sow
Who cares if you saw some sparks fly or read the signs, go when I say go

Yeah so you want this?
It's a one night stand
So you want this?

So you want this?
So you want this?
So you want this?
Yeah so you want this?
It's a one night stand
So you want this?

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 03/08/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 03/08/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 03/08/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 03/08/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 03/08/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/08/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 04/08/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/08/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 07/08/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 04 August 2015 09:31:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
SpittersAreQuitters: SYNCO. I'm going to need you to stop being so damn flawless. Did yall really try to put Rum on this and revoke our lives? Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/08/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 04 August 2015 14:20:31(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
SpittersAreQuitters: SYNCO. I'm going to need you to stop being so damn flawless. Did yall really try to put Rum on this and revoke our lives? Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!

Naomi: Come on now you know that's like asking Nicole to stop reading the bible or Layla to stop eating pizza it ain't gonna happen smh and we didn't try to do so we succeeded in it boo I'll go sit in that corner but because I want to and not because you told me to *storms off like a flawless five year old to the corner*
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 06/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#4 Posted : 06 August 2015 04:06:53(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: OH WOW. Naomi snatched my wig hard on this record! I still can't believe that it's the fourth single of the album already. But yeah, keep on doing what you guys are doing because I feel blessed as fuck.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 06/08/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 06 August 2015 12:27:19(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: The SYNCO slayage continues! Love the video and the song :) can't believe it's already been the fourth single and it better not be the last! Each of your releases for them have been unique and noteworthy and I want to see what he rest of this era holds!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 06/08/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 06 August 2015 18:35:00(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: OH WOW. Naomi snatched my wig hard on this record! I still can't believe that it's the fourth single of the album already. But yeah, keep on doing what you guys are doing because I feel blessed as fuck.

Naomi: Let me go and add this to my collection of snatched wigs Laugh thank you so much yeah it's crazy this is our fourth single off this album and thirteenth in generel pretty sure we were put together yesterday but I could be wrong LOL but for real glad we could bless you with this and that you like it now go download and request babe ThumpUp

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: The SYNCO slayage continues! Love the video and the song :) can't believe it's already been the fourth single and it better not be the last! Each of your releases for them have been unique and noteworthy and I want to see what he rest of this era holds!

ooc: Yass gotta have my faves slay in the fictional world if they can't in the real one LOL thank you so much and I know right? Look at Naomi's comment literally it's hard to believe they even got to their third album some of my characters are lucky to get a debut album LOL but seriously though that's true and you know this isn't the last I have a few more lined up lol
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 07 August 2015 03:12:02(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Gaaaahh!! I'm so proud of you girls and it was lovely meeting you the other night, like obv Layla is a 10/10 but I weren't expecting you all to be such cuties, it was lovely and refreshing to meet super famous people who are super genuine and groovy. This is gonna be yet another huge song for you laydeeez and I can't wait for it to blow up, Naomi kills it on this one and Rum is a sexy lyrical beast. Go giiiirls. <333
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
kandii on 07/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 07/08/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 07 August 2015 03:29:01(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: synco synco synco..such filth. I thought you guys were all about pizza and jammies.

Mariko: Nina Chan is everywhere these days. I think I saw her rooting in my sock drawer today.

EricA: Marikoi I think that violates the distance clause.

Mariko: not like that!

EricA: I was talking about you. You aren't supposed to joke like thst..after..

Mariko: *glares* you aren't supposed to have sex with your best friend.

Erica: exactly.

Mariko:...oh..I walked into that one.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 07/08/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 07/08/2015(UTC)