logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 15 September 2015 09:39:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
ME

Anaís Lorena Pasquez (stylized as Anaísz) was born in April 22nd, 1998 in Moreno Valley, CA. She is very head strong and determined to succeed in the industry. She believes in hard work and no shortcuts, so she's more than happy to wait until it's her time to shine. She believes strongly in herself and her talent, music is her number one passion. She's taken vocal lessons and dance classes because she knows that her voice alone won't just sell her, she needs to be the total package. She's very much outspoken but very friendly but isn't afraid to show a little attitude. She loves Hip Hop but also tries to incorporate her Latin roots in her music. She comes from a big family but her immediate family includes her parents, her sister and two brothers one of which is Autistic, one of the reasons she's very much against bullying and takes part in special autism fundraisers. Anaís found her love of music through her upbringing as her parents were very loving and accepting of any type of music.

Her family lived in a middle class neighborhood where her mother worked as a waitress and her father was a mechanic. Whenever you describe Anaís, one of the words that comes to mind is 'family' as she's very family-first in all her choices. She graduated Moreno High in 2014 and then decided to pursue her musical career. With no distractions, she looked to build a name for herself with creating a small fanbase through social media. "We weren't a poor family but we weren't rich either. We made ends meet. My parents went to work every single day and sometimes on holidays just to support us and I've always admired that. I swore that I would work my butt off if I ever got the chance to release music." While she was in school, she was involved in sports, mainly soccer and volleyball. She also enrolled in a local dance class which was free of charge. She attended every day after school and learned Hip Hop dancing as well as Latin. She was part of Chorus during her high school years where she also learned several instruments such as piano and guitar. "I've always been in love with everything music and that's why I was determined to learn how to dance and sing. I will be the first to say I wasn't naturally born with the talent but I learned it and I know how to execute it, so it's all good." She has a vast range of influences ranging from Beyonce to Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam to Demi Lovato, Ciara to Shakira, Johnny Cash to Kanye West, and her biggest influence, Selena Quintanilla. "I fell in love with her when I was waaaay little. She was like the holy grail of Tejano music and the way she carried herself and her music, she was perfect in my eyes. People always say my music taste is crazy and weird but I love what I love. I think that will translate into my own music because I have so many ideas."

Now 17, the young singer was signed to her first record label, FREEDOM, after impressing the label execs and owner Ms. Nevaeh Martinez. "I got to meet her personally and she was really sweet and nice. I think she believes in me almost as much as I do. I think I honestly believe that I will do great things but I know the road will be so hard and bumpy. I want the challenge, I want it. I want to prove myself and be able to show everyone my talents. I have a story to tell, like so many other artists but I want to tell it in my own way with my own twist. Trust me, you'll be hearing about me for a long time."

MY MUSIC

NEWS

VIDEOS

LIVE

Edited by user 25 December 2015 00:07:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 10 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 15/09/2015(UTC), kandii on 15/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 15/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 16/09/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 13/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 15/10/2015(UTC), FiveT on 22/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 15 September 2015 10:21:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Expected Release Date: October 2nd, 2015
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 15/09/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 15/09/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 15/09/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 16/09/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 22/09/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 06 October 2015 06:41:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single: "Better Days"
Artist: Anaísz
Label: FREEDOM Records
Release Date: October 2nd, 2015
Genre: Dancehall, EDM, Pop
Written by: Jasper Moore, Talia Moore, Tiffany Mackenzie, Anaís Pasquez
Produced by: The Outsyders
Length: 3:32

Description
"Better Days" is the promotional single by up and coming artist, Anaísz. Anaís Lorena Pasquez was signed to FREEDOM records earlier this year by owner Nevaeh Martinez along with a few other artists. The 17 year old built up a small following through social media which allowed a somewhat small buzz of hype to reign over the internet as she prepped her debut single. Although it is only a promotional single, the singer announced it would be the debut to introduce herself to the world and all she can bring to the table. The track put up on iTunes for preorder and was released on October 2nd, 2015. It debuted at #80 on itunes overall and #63 on Pop. It has so far peaked at #35. The song itself is a mixture of dancehall and edm which was produced by The Outsyders and written by Anaís, Jasper Moore, Talia Moore, and Tiffany Mackenzie. The Outsyders are a fairly accomplished duo who have worked with Isabel on her last album and plenty other artists. They have a very recognizable sound, known mostly for their dancehall and EDM influences. The track is mostly midtempo with Moombahton influence as well, similar to Isabel's, "Bounce Back." It features chanting throughout the background of the chorus as she sings of seeing 'better days' eventually. Lyrically, the song focuses on a sort of 'awakening' of Anaís as she starts to hold her metaphorical and literal head up high to prepare herself for the good fortune she feels is coming to her. The song is all about being optimistic of the future. The lyrics mixed with Anaísz's almost ethereal like vocals make for a perfect combination. The song impacted radio's October 5th and there are rumors of a video being possibly filmed to assist the track.

[Verse 1]
Gray skies, they come and they go
But it's all eyes ahead of the road
Every time I've gotten so close, I've stumbled

I've hurt enough to know there must be something else for me
Not hurt enough to go numb or cancel out the sting
Even when I close my eyes it's always in my dreams
Sometimes it's not enough to just say that you believe

[Pre-Chorus]
And I pray for better days
And I can't wait to see change
Tear me down cus it's worth all the pain
In the end when I'm living better days

[Chorus]
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
I pray for better days

[Verse 2]
Bottled up my every thought until I made the moves
And now they get to be deciphered among the chosen few
All the bad and hurt are memories that I keep
Sometimes it's not enough to just say that you believe

[Pre-Chorus]
And I pray for better days

[Chorus]
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
I pray for better days

(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)

I pray for better days

[Bridge]
We're living on borrowed time, don't know when it's taken back
Don't wanna waste it on you or waste it being sad
I've got too much potential to my name, potential to my name

[Pre-Chorus]
And I prayed for better days

[Chorus]
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
I pray for better days

(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)
Better days
(y-y-ye-e-eaah)

I pray for better days

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 26 December 2015 11:29:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 06/10/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 06/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 06/10/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 13/10/2015(UTC), chaotic_princess on 15/10/2015(UTC), FiveT on 22/10/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 25/12/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 07 October 2015 04:21:50(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Groups: Registered
Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
Johnny Carter: wow I like it! It's a really good debut girl. I really like the lyrics and I'm sure that you have a bright future!! Can't wait for the video ;) congrats Anaísz!!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 07 October 2015 05:23:26(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: This is actually a really cute little song. I think it's a great start of your hopefully long career, and I think we can expect a lot more of you! I love the better days coming kind of thing, because I feel like everyone can relate to that and what's better than listening to a song like this when you're feeling down except eating food? As I said, great song!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 07/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 13 October 2015 03:05:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: Considering the fact that you are one of the most hyped new artists coming out of the gate in the past few months this is very mediocre, but better than I thought you were going to present us with. If I heard this on the radio, which I have, I probably won't switch the station. The next single I want to be ...better though. For a promotional single, it's a pretty good start hunty. Don't ruin it.

Edited by user 13 October 2015 10:27:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 13/10/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 13 October 2015 03:53:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erich: I thought this was going to be far more dirty,seeing as the artists name is analz. Its a rather boppy little number.

Karoliena: I assure you,her name isn't analz.

Erich: how could you possibly know that?

Karoleina: reading is succeeding. It says so right on her web page.

Erich: oh!....well,I guess we all know what OTHER browser tab I had open now.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 13/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 22 October 2015 04:29:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

With 2015 almost over, it's no surprise to see new artists coming out of the woodworks. It's been no different in the case of 17 year old Anaísz, who after auditioning for Nevaeh Martinez, broke out into the music world out of nowhere. Her current single, "Better Days" has already successfully reached number one on the digital charts and topped airplay lists respectively. This would send most new artists into a frenzy but the singer has managed to keep her cool as well as stay humble about what she's achieved so far.

Currently, the singer is working on her debut EP but she also finds time to be the teenager she is, without all the glitz and glam. She reflects on how she got where she is today by perseverance and talks about what she likes to do during her free time away from music. Seventeen sat down with Anaísz for her first ever interview.

UserPostedImage

17: How does it feel to have a number one single already?

A: I feel incredibly blessed! honestly, I know a lot people say this, but I didn't think it would do so well. It was literally discussed as a promo single to get everyone warmed up to the actual single and then it just took off like I never expected. I didn't even know I had fans, to be honest. (Laughs).

17: Do you think this will put even more pressure for your upcoming music?

A: Honestly, I don't care. I'm releasing music to please myself and my fans. Not exactly to please critics or negative people. I won't lie, I take the criticism into consideration and if I feel like I could've done better then I will, but I put myself first always. I'm sure people will expect me to top every chart now and if I don't, I'm a failure but I don't see it like that.

17: You said "Better Days" wasn't originally planned as the first single, and was also considered a promo single until the actual single. What was the actual single like and when will we hear it?

A: Yeah, "Better Days" was never meant to be released first but then we decided to test the waters and see if there was like a demand for that type of pop music. The original single, which we've decided to release as the next single, is actually more upbeat and combines my love of Pop and Hip Hop. BUT, I'm going to focus on my current single now. I'm just so excited to share everything I've been working on so far.

17: What can listeners expect from your EP?

A: It's got a variety but focuses mainly on Pop. I, like I intend on doing with all my music, like to infuse my roots into whatever I make so I like to add maybe a little rapping, a little latin flavor, a little bit of me so it's MY song and not just a song you hear. If I don't rap then I'll ad something that makes the song affiliated with me. You can expect some good music (Laughs).

17: For your currently single, you got to work with NOVA. How was that?

A: We didn't actually meet, we just sort of emailed back and forth for the song. She seems awesome and cool. I'm a fan of her music too and she did a great job with helping me so she's a friend if she wants to be.

17: You said last week that you were going to the Fall Festival. Who are you looking forward to see the most?

A: Definitely Synco! I love them. I also can't wait to see Kato and The Stat Nerds, Kim from Star Factory, like I can't wait to just go see everyone. I love music concerts and festivals.

17: Do you see yourself performing on that stage one day?

A: I do! Hopefully next year. Maybe I'll be huge by then and can get a time slot. Who knows?

17: You said before that you like to incorporate your own style into your music, do you feel as if there aren't enough latin artists representing in the mainstream music scene?

A: I think there's a lack of them but most of them are doing their own thing and killing it elsewhere. I definitely want to be one of them that can breakout here. I think Latin music is so underrated and under appreciated. It's my favorite type of music to listen to. So I definitely want to make sure people know that I'm proud of my Latin roots and I'm not going to turn away from them. I'm not saying every Latin American person needs to shout they are "Latin and Proud!" every day but I'd like to see it being represented more, especially by people who are very influential. It's definitely not something to be ashamed of.

17: So when you're not in the studio (which seems rare), what do you like to do for fun?

A: I love sports, soccer, basketball, football, I'm a sportsy girl. I love eating, like I LOVE eating so I'm always in the kitchen with my mama or siblings. Without music, I'm pretty much I guess "lazy" like I love chilling. I love parties too but I'm always down for a "netflix and chill" type of night. I actually just finished binge watching "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" and "Orange Is the New Black" so I'm pretty serious about my chill time. And I'm secretly addicted to online shopping.

17: The "Better Days" video is being released on Halloween, what can we expect?

A: It's going to be almost like an introduction to who I am so it was shot in my hometown and I included all my friends in it. I guess it's the life before my dreams of making it. You'll see me in my natural habitat (Laughs). Just having fun and stuff. I will admit, it's not all fancy or whatever but it's real.

17: Your friend and label mate, Carmen Vilo, has also had a pretty successful year and she's been very supportive of you on social media. Do you think you two are the next generation of stars?

A: That sounds amazing, I hope so. (Laughs). Carmen and I have known each other growing up so there's a lot of love there. She's one of my best friends and probably my only friend in the industry right now besides Lexi, who I know is also interested in doing music. She's been a great friend and supportive for sure just like I've been with her. We know that it can be cutthroat and people are always pitted against each other or trying to shade everyone but we'd rather just be friends through it all. You need a good support system and we just have no interest in the drama. You don't have a lot of women supporting each other out there, which is a shame, and then when you do, people try to turn it into a bad thing. It's like, "We're trying to support each other, why is suddenly 'Such and such is kissing ass!' No it's called support. People have lost sight of what it means to support someone without making it a bad thing. I just don't deal with the drama. I'm too focused right now, you know? But I feel like...there's a new generation of stars that's coming so the world should prepare. I'm not saying the other legends are out but we're definitely going to make names for ourselves.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 22/10/2015(UTC), FiveT on 22/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/10/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 25/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 22 October 2015 04:49:48(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: nobody is ever excited to see us.ever.

Nina: face it,love. We aren't popular with the kids anymore. We gotta motor off into the sunset and all that.

Erica: could it be we aren't Latin enough?! I'm an ethnicity ,dammit. I'm out there trying.

Nina: you are? I always just assumed you were a white girl who was gifted with makeup.

Erica:don't lump me in with you,Nina! I don't even like pumpkin spice things

Nina: neither do I. You skank! In fact, I don't know anyone who does. Its like bloody candy corn. Nobody really likes it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 25 December 2015 00:48:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single: "Miss Me"
Artist: Anaísz
Label: FREEDOM Records
Release Date: December 24th, 2015
Genre: Electropop, Hip Hop
Written by: Shellback, Anaís Pasquez
Produced by: Brandon Grey
Length: 3:32

Description
"Miss Me" is the second single released from Anaísz's debut EP, 4Corners. After the shocking instant success of her debut single, which was meant to be a buzz single, the young pop singer was shocked by the positive reaction. Written by Anaísz & Shellback, and produced by Brandon Grey, "Miss Me" is an electropop track with hip hop elements and a fun 90's backbeat. The lyrics show a fun yet tough attitude when it comes to dating. The playful lyrics make for a catchy track. It continues on with Anaísz rapping after the second verse, showing her versatility as a Pop artist. Joined by horns and trumpets, listeners are treated to the vocal stylings of Anaísz who sings with a soprano tone and bounces to the beat of her own drum. Lyrically, the song focuses on Anaísz trying to tell a guy what it takes to win her over. She croons in the first verse, "Sorry but your tricks and tales/Don't impress me much/Think you can just flash that smile/But boy that ain't enough". Each line's delivery is the just as lively as the instrumental playing underneath it. The beat slows down when she gets to the pre-chorus and she switches from her rap/sing style to singing in a breathy and baby style. During the rap verse, Anaísz shows off her slick lyrical skills as she continues to give the guy more advice on what it takes to get her attention. Suiting Anaísz's personality, the bubbly singer shares a laugh towards the end of the track and it fades out.

Sit back, and learn
Uh huh, Here we go

[Verse 1]
Look at you think you're big and bad
Can have any girl you'd like
Step to me like a real gentleman
Or you can kiss me goodbye
Sorry but your tricks and tales
Don't impress me much
Think you can just flash that smile
But boy that ain't enough

[Pre-Chorus]
So take my advice if you wanna know
What it takes to get me all alone
I'll tell you what these other girls won't, ooh

[Chorus]
You're gonna miss me
When I walk out and leave
You're gonna miss me
And the air that I breathe
But if you want her then you better miss me (go, go)
Miss me, boy
So you better miss me
With all of that drama
You better miss me
And go back to your mama
Cus if you want her then you better miss me (go, go)
Miss me boy

And that's the truth

[Verse 2]
Take two, now you got a little game
I guess you been taking notes
Never lacked with your courage
But now you got the right approach
Oh, doing good then you opened that mouth
And started spitting trash (Uh oh)
"When we gonna hang out again?"
You don't even need to ask

[Pre-Chorus]
So take my advice if you wanna know
What it takes to get me all alone
I'll tell you what these other girls won't (no they won't)

[Chorus]
You're gonna miss me
You're gonna miss me
Miss me, boy (Whoa)
So you better miss me
With all of that drama
You better miss me
And go back to your mama
Miss me boy

[Rap]
Now, have to break it down for the hearing impaired
But don't get it twisted, you don't need to be scared
Just take time with your skills and keep that 'tude in check
All a girl really wants is a little respect
Uh, it ain't a race but nice guys finish last
Best believe ain't nobody checking for a dude that's fast
Have some manners and some class
And you might get that as..k for your name and number, that's if you're a grad
Yes you gotta graduate from Anaísz101, come dressed to impress
If you wanna be my number one
So now you know what it takes
Do you think that you can hang, or try to write your name,
All across my heart before it's somebody elses to claim?
Do you see me in your future?
Will you get rid of them other dames?
Then you better miss me

Ye-eah

[Chorus]
You're gonna miss me
You're gonna miss me
Miss me, boy
So you better miss me
With all of that drama (oh, yeah)
You better miss me
And go back to your mama
Miss me boy

You're gonna miss me

Miss me, boy

You better miss, you better miss, I said you better miss, miss me

Miss me boy

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 26 December 2015 11:17:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 25/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 25/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 25/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 25/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 25/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 25/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/01/2016(UTC)