logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2015 10:12:27(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single: Keep It Clean
Artist: Rum & Coke
Label: Studio60 Records, Tric-Jam Records
Release Date: October 30th, 2015
Genre: PBR&B
Written by: Niña "Rum" Tarantino Airemese "Coke" Smith
Produced by: FancyN
Length: 4:26

Rum
Coke
Both

Muzzle on, clothes off
Damn right, you're subjected to it
Play nice, take loss
Don't you know this a cat eat dog world?

These casting couches only get wider, watch that dental turn whiter
Something to make that smile brighter and a little more convincing
Shutting up is the smart thing
Straight to the top, even if it will always remain the far thing
Cash crop, and once you hit your date, there's no need for bothering

For now, we should all unite, then cat fight, then sing about our sad lives
"I'm bored here, they toy hearts" only to keep quiet about the worst parts
This formula is it's own poison,
And those who fake immunity are the chosen

Well it's only called a secret, if you actually plan to keep it
The point is that you make it, no stars are known for subduing
To survive when victimized, sometimes you put yourself through it
They want the shine but never grind, stupid

There's a world out there
Most of us are unaware
The rest are few and far between
We like to muddy the waters but sometimes we keep it clean

Don't it make you feel better?
Being in the know is always better
Smart enough not to soak in your own filth
Privileged to contrast between what is and what isn't real
This wheel,
wasn't invented in a day
A cycle is a circle, you can never find your way out
Vicar of Bray, switch out
Some are made, some are concocted
Just like how the world twirls, there aint no real way to stop it
You just adjust your axis, there's a preference to positions
Find dependence on lean and chase linear angel visions
Only find a problem when believing in superstitions
Mirrors crack and black cats exist, there aint a need for pretension

See you nod along, yet you believe in something special
Feel a fire burning and mistake it for the devil
Doing what they've all done, these are "boundaries you're breaking"
No stars are known for being dull, baby, fake it til you make it

Most of us are unaware
Long as you keep it clean
That conscious of yours reeks
Can you feel the soap sting?
Baby, come over here and rinse it out, rinse it out

Rinse it out, rinse it out (scrub it down, scrub it down)
Rinse it out!

Most of us are unaware
That conscious of yours reeks
Something in the way you think
Just leave that up to me
Baby, come over here and rinse it out

(scrub it, scrub it, down)
Come over here and rinse it out..
(scrub it, scrub it, down)

UserPostedImage

"TAKE 5."

Coke sits impatiently, fidgeting around with the material on the edge of the cushion before lifting her feet up on the couch and lounging. You can tell she's a little nervous, the quiet setting in front of the camera intimidating just a bit as the camera man sits behind his camera and watches her boil under the slightest pressure. He sits up and cracks a smile at her.

"All eyes on you, eh?" He chuckles, a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

Coke looks up at the camera timidly. "Feels like it." She says, darting her eyes away with a nervous smile.

"Tell you what, how about we get you to loosen up. Just relax, make yourself comfortable. I'll ask you a few random warm up questions before we get started. Will that do the trick?"

She hesitantly pokes her head up again. "Completely random questions?"

The camera man nods his head. "Yup."

She looks and nods her head back. "Fire away.." Coke says, sitting up a bit avoiding the eye of the camera.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

"It's almost Halloween." He mentions after another awkward pause of silence.

She nods her head lightly again. "Yup."

"You celebrate it?"

"Halloween?"

"Yup."

"Well, I like candy."

"You don't like the holiday itself?"

"What's there to like about it?"

"Candy?"

"Touche."

"Costumes?"

"I'm too old for real costumes now. It's either sexy this or sexy that."

"What about spirits? You don't like that eery feeling that makes Halloween Hallow's Eve?"

Coke pauses, a noticeable change in pace after shooting out brief answers before. "I mean.. I feel the same way about spirits as I do about aliens. I like to keep my feelings very neutral about them."

"Why? I think they're cool."

"I think they're dangerous."

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

"Spirits who linger without agenda? Nope."

"Demons?"

Coke nods her head. "Sure."

"How come?"

"I've seen.." She looks away at the floor, "some."

UserPostedImage

"Wow, really?"

She continues looking away, fidgeting a little with the edge of the cushion.

The camera man clears his throat. "Angels?"

Finally Coke looks up, nodding her head a little more enthusiastically. "Of course."

"So you've seen angels too?"

She pauses yet again before shaking her head and shrugging. "No."

The camera man pauses too. "...well, how do you...--"

"Know?" Coke finishes his sentence before answering herself. She shrugs a bit. "Everything has a polar opposite. That's how things stay balanced. For every spec of darkness, there's light."

"Sounds like you've just been in the dark for a long time."

"So how could I possibly believe in light?"

"Hope."

She bursts out laughing in his face. The camera sits back and watches her, letting her take her time to gather her chuckles before she continues. "No sweetie, hope is but delusion. Light is light only in comparison of the dark."

"Delusion, balance, agenda, "no"... you even commented on the expectations of pointless sexualization. Your vocabulary is quite topical here, don't you think?"

All expression on Coke's face evaporates as she once again remembers the room she's in, looking around and sinking into the couch. "Wh.." She clears her throat. "What are you trying to say?"

"Nothing." He says, a smirk slowly creeping on his face. "Just keeping it clean."

UserPostedImage

The moon is shown hanging high in the sky, providing a light for what looks like a post apocalyptic world. But for some reason the moon slowly begins to back away, going so far that it isn't long before the full moon looks a lot like a star and then slowly becomes nothing but a spot in the sky before it's gone completely. There in the still darkness, an electric guitar riff fills in the eery mood, sounding as if the wind was whispering it's deepest secrets. Nothing can be seen in the darkness except for a quick movement when a wolf runs across the screen, an action that could almost make the viewer jump. Suddenly, 2 flames rise from lighters held by Coke. She stands there and takes the time to stare at the flames that dance before she eventually bends over and lights a candle sitting up straight on the rigid ground. The light of the candle reveals hundreds of candles next to it, all of them so closely packed together that they help light each other. One by one, a new space of light spills into frame. So far they reveal to be in the formation of a circle, the light they provide replacing the moon that ran away and disappeared. Then out of nowhere, an array of candles in the middle of the circle forms a pentagon.

UserPostedImage

A skull lies within the middle of the light show reveals itself. Out of nowhere, Rum steps over the fire dressed in a white folklore dress, her straightened hair bouncing over her shoulders. She picks the skull up, examining it closely before kissing it. The minute her lips pull away, the skull bursts into flame. She throws it back down and suddenly the flames from the candles surrounding her began to rise viciously, crackling and trapping Rum. Coke widens her eyes at the sight and runs away, but Rum stays, gracefully dancing to the beat as the flames dance behind her.

UserPostedImage

Smoke quickly fills the setting but it isn't long before one realizes that it isn't just smoke rising but spirits dressed in all white floating around the sky, their glow providing it's own light. The ghostlike figures all land in formation, joining in with Rum and the flames, beginning to dance in a circle, their every move releasing even more smoke which gives birth to even more of the spirits.

UserPostedImage

It isn't soon until the whole ground is covered in smoke, enough to even put out the fire and evaporate Rum as the ground in fact becomes the visible gas. The spirits continue to trot around until one by one the "ground" swallows them. The camera stays locked on one particular spirit and follows its journey "down" the rabbit hole. The setting changes to a portal of white shadows. The spirits whom are now in different gear are still dancing as if nothing happened. It's almost like they're waving over guests to come and visit them because standing right behind him is a more dangerous looking spirit, covered in smut from fire with a bat in his hand that is topped with spikes. It's looks intimidating indeed, standing in front a minimalistic gate that stands as a wall with bulbs of light on it that flicker on and off. Beside him on the floor, some of the spirits seen dancing before are struggling to crawl between what looks like portals. Slowly they are transported back to the post apocalyptic world as before, but this time, they are dressed in black, no longer containing a spec of white on themselves. Except for one.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Coke and all of the other spirits that lost their way in the portal are dancing again, but this time they look more like a gang, the all black, darker theme giving them a smuttier look. You can see the fire still burning bright behind them as they dance ritualistically. All of the spirits seem to be completely rid of their "purity" but Coke's legs are still white. Though the more she dances the more it seems to chip off and it only makes her moves sharper. She seems to be angry, hitting every move with a stomp, dust flying whenever she changes her footing. The dust flies around and lands on the other spirits, burning them the minute it touches their skins. Soon, they are too injured to dance, all of them on the floor screaming in agony as Coke continues to live out her anger through the choreography. Suddenly, she stops after sensing something strange in the winds. She takes a minute to look around before yet again running away.

UserPostedImage

Hiding behind a huge shipping container, Coke begins to tiptoe her way to the other side. There she finds a transparent raincoat laying on the ground. She ties her hair up into a ponytail right before she suggestively picks up the jacket and puts it on. As soon as it's on her, it begins to shine, providing a light as she struts down the narrow dark "alleyway" in between the crates. Shots of her legs are shown, the places where her "purity" chipped off becoming more and more apparent.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

She dances her way through the path, focusing on her footwork as she twirls and quickly her moves become raunchier, cupping her breast, turning around to slap dat azz, turning back around just to drop to the ground and throw her leg in the air, all through the tight space. Her body executes these moves perfectly making it as sexy as can be but the feisty look on her face makes it seems as if she's doing it out of spite. Coke makes her way back up to her feet, rolling her hips until she stood stall. She looks up at the camera with new eyes, turning her head up towards the sky, closing her eyes and ripping off her jacket. Once it's off, the jacket loses it's shine and Coke continues to stare above her. The camer begin to pan over to exactly what she's looking at, revealing that the once vanished moon has reappeared, now bigger than ever.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

TO BE CONTINUED
thanks 13 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 30/10/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/10/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 30/10/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 30/10/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/10/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 30/10/2015(UTC), Matticus on 30/10/2015(UTC), PANIC! on 30/10/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 30 October 2015 17:26:14(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
OOC: wow! That was incredible! Well done you!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
kandii on 30/10/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 30 October 2015 21:56:35(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: WHERE IS MY WEAVE AT?! I AM SNATCHED. Bitches, THIS is by far your best song and music video ever. I wasn't ready, the whole world wasn't ready. I'm gonna take some notes and pray that I can do it half as good as you guys did this.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
kandii on 30/10/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 31 October 2015 02:26:03(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Naomi: Was prepared to call you both out for making us wait so damn long for this but after hearing/seeing it I understand and it was worth the wait and I'll just to sit in that corner while you both sell my entire fucking head on eBay or something because this snatched more than just hair it snatched heads great job ladies
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
kandii on 31/10/2015(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 19 November 2015 05:22:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post
OOC: wow! That was incredible! Well done you!

OOC: Thank you Matt! I appreciate it so much!

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: WHERE IS MY WEAVE AT?! I AM SNATCHED. Bitches, THIS is by far your best song and music video ever. I wasn't ready, the whole world wasn't ready. I'm gonna take some notes and pray that I can do it half as good as you guys did this.

Rum: Yaaas Aliya, come to your sensesss! Lol thank you so much, we were really excited to release this one since it was like what we used to do back in the Epiphany days but better. It's dope af to see we exceeded expectations, really means something, ya know?

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Naomi: Was prepared to call you both out for making us wait so damn long for this but after hearing/seeing it I understand and it was worth the wait and I'll just to sit in that corner while you both sell my entire fucking head on eBay or something because this snatched more than just hair it snatched heads great job ladies

Coke: First of all, I just want to inform you that your head and scalp will be sold separately to the highest bidder so sorry bout that, I sincerely apologize :( But thanks to the gods Naomi because that long ass wait equally suced the life out of me. Music is what I love and it hurts when we can't bombard everyone with our art lol. Sure wont be pulling that shit again haha!