logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 01 November 2015 13:36:21(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Fucked Up
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Alternative Pop, Pop
Lenght: 3:45
Writer(s): Alec Cole
Producer(s): Alec Cole, Brandon Grey
Released: November 1st 2015

"Fucked Up" is the newest single from singer/songwriter/producer Alec Cole the song was written by Alec Cole and produced by Cole and Brandon Grey it was taken to be the lead single from the singers upcoming untitled album which is expected to be released early next year it's also the singers first time experimenting with a more alternative pop sound

After releasing his platinum selling debut EP only a few months ago with the accompanying follow up single "Restraints" a few months later Alec Cole seemed to go quiet for sometime giving no promotion to his EP or single it was later revealed the young singer/songwriter was in talks with music mogul Scott Rose-Hilton the two had apparently been planning to open up a label which is now known under the name Safe Haven Records Alec and Scott managed to sign some of the bigger names in the industry such as GirlsSpices' Chantel Hayes andJames Urie along with a few others Alec's plans for the label was to give himself and other artists a safe place to record and release their music after this Alec seemed to once again disappear for a little while until recently it was revealed that he had been in the studio but not only that he'd apparently been in there since before SHR was even launched it was also stated that he had gone into the studio with fellow singer/songwriter/producer Brandon Grey which some took shock to as Alec seemed to feel indifferent to working with other producers however he has stated that he'd be coming back with a completely different sound and that he did

Onto the song though the sound and production may seem different the lyrics are actually an expansion to a song from Alec's EP titled "The Great Fall" which was the last song from the EP the lyrics touched on a relationship ending and though Alec didn't like the idea he knew it was best however with his new single "Fucked Up" Alec delves deeper into his emotions and thoughts on the relationship giving us a more realistic vision into the relationship and though the chorus may seem rather repetitive and offensive to some others might relate seeing the person you loved and thought loved you being happy so easily after a break big enough to be called "The Great Fall" it's a little "Fucked Up" (puns for days) and though you don't want to see the person miserable you can't help but hate how happy they seem so quickly meanwhile Alec talks about how he's tried to move on or fake his emotions but is still caught up in a carousel with them and though his voice isn't the strongest the emotion in his voice can easily be heard as he sings the lyrics over simple yet unique alt pop synths even over a piano in the beginning which pulls at those heart strings just a bit more

All in all the song is very different from what Alec would usually released and it's good to see him exploring his sound a bit more the lyrics are great there are a few rough parts lyrically and the repetitive chorus is a slight downfall but the good in the lyrics easily outweigh the bad and vocally Alec has impressed me yes he may not be riffing it out or belting every note but that isn't what his vocals are Alec's smooth vocals are perfect for a song like this and he actually knows his limits unlike some singers in the industry which is always a good thing the highest point though in the song may be the near flawless production which is done by both Alec and Brandon giving us a dreamy, relaxed sound that is easy on the ears the only thing Alec should be worried about now is the fact that this isn't the most radio friendly song but good luck to him and hopefully we'll be hearing more from him like this

Feel confused
In a daze
With this sudden change
watched it shine
Watched it fade
Watched it be replaced
Half my whole
It has died
All in the great fall
I'm okay
I insist
But I'm not at all

And this change of hue
And change of you
Isn't okay
I've held it in too long
Pictures of you
Framed in my brain
And these quiet nights
Are not alright
The silence stings
And everything came crashing down
I've just gotta say

It's fucked up what you do
It's fucked up
It's fucked up how you're so cool
It's fucked up oh
It's fucked up
It's fucked up oh

All this time
I have tried
To move on from this
But round and round
I'm stuck in
A carousel with
The little things
We both said
And the things we'd do
I don't know what's up
But I'm stuck
Round and round I go

It's fucked up
It's fucked up oh
It's fucked up
It's fucked up oh

And this change of hue
And change of you
Isn't okay
I've held it in too long
Pictures of you
Framed in my brain
And these quiet nights
Are not alright
The silence stings
And everything came crashing down
I've just gotta say

It's fucked up how
It's fucked up what
It's fucked up how
It's fucked up what

It's fucked up
It's fucked up oh
It's fucked up
It's fucked up oh

Edited by user 01 November 2015 13:38:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 01/11/2015(UTC), kandii on 01/11/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 01/11/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/11/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/11/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 03/11/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 02 November 2015 14:24:56(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Mandy: First I want to say that I loooove the artwork, you look so cool! Other than that I think its great that you are trying new things, growing up and experimenting with new sounds! As artists we seem to easily get bashed for those types of things but I respect your bravery. I also think the song is really cool and catchy and your vocals are so nice :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 02/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 04 November 2015 09:19:20(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. I feel like I'm listening to the story of my life. It's just an amazing song and I'm just jamming to it. To be honest, as much as I loved the EP, I feel like there is something much better about to come. I am not ready.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 04/11/2015(UTC)
Offline JohnnyBBB  
#4 Posted : 04 November 2015 23:35:38(UTC)
JohnnyBBB

Man
Greece

Was thanked: 1727 time(s) in 443 post(s)
JohnnyCarter: OMG first of all I'm in love with the artwork!! It's so cool!! Secondly I love your new sound and the song is perfect. I really wanna hear your new music. Great job Alec!
thanks 1 user thanked JohnnyBBB for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 05/11/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 06 November 2015 03:54:59(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Lemme tell YOU what's fucked up, Alec Cole. Gettin me this fucked up emotional on a weekday that's right!!!1 When'd you get so grown up huuuuh?!?! I feel like I've just missed 10 years of life but it's happened in the space of like... a few months. Does that even make sense? Idk don't judge. This is such a grown up sound for you and I'm li-ving for it though, you look fly as hell on the cover and the lyrics are literal perf. Like... "And this change of hue / And change of you / Isn't okay"... nOOOO brb while I weep.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 06/11/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2015 03:34:11(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: First I want to say that I loooove the artwork, you look so cool! Other than that I think its great that you are trying new things, growing up and experimenting with new sounds! As artists we seem to easily get bashed for those types of things but I respect your bravery. I also think the song is really cool and catchy and your vocals are so nice :)

Alec: Thanks Mandy I'm actually really happy with how it came out glad that you liked it as well :) and I couldn't agree more it's either "you're too young to say this", "you're too old to act this way" or "what's with the sudden change?" And sure changing your style, sound or whatever might make some people angry at times you have to do what you think is best so thank you I'm really glad you enjoyed this and I've also got so much respect for you as well for also having the bravery to do something different and thanks again I'm glad you liked the song :)

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS. I feel like I'm listening to the story of my life. It's just an amazing song and I'm just jamming to it. To be honest, as much as I loved the EP, I feel like there is something much better about to come. I am not ready.

Alec: Hey Cosma thanks for checking it out I'm really glad that you like the song and that you can relate to it also your feeling is correct I've been working so hard on this album and I'm so excited for everyone to get to hear it there's a lot more to come so watch out for it ;)

Originally Posted by: JohnnyBBB Go to Quoted Post
JohnnyCarter: OMG first of all I'm in love with the artwork!! It's so cool!! Secondly I love your new sound and the song is perfect. I really wanna hear your new music. Great job Alec!

Alec: Hey Johnny thanks I'm really happy you like the artwork :) I'm even happier that you like the new sound though and don't worry the wait shouldn't be too long ;) also thanks again :)

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Lemme tell YOU what's fucked up, Alec Cole. Gettin me this fucked up emotional on a weekday that's right!!!1 When'd you get so grown up huuuuh?!?! I feel like I've just missed 10 years of life but it's happened in the space of like... a few months. Does that even make sense? Idk don't judge. This is such a grown up sound for you and I'm li-ving for it though, you look fly as hell on the cover and the lyrics are literal perf. Like... "And this change of hue / And change of you / Isn't okay"... nOOOO brb while I weep.

Alec: Valentina what's up lol yes I have managed to do a little bit of growing up in the past few months I'm sorry if it fucked you up that was not the intention haha I've gotta say though I think yours and a few other artists' music was what really inspired me to venture into this new sound so thanks lol and don't worry this is a judgment free zone :P also thanks I'm really glad everyone is digging the cover for this :) and wow you're just full of compliments thank you so much again I'm really happy you enjoyed it :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 07/11/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#7 Posted : 07 November 2015 04:59:32(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
OOC: Damn it John, the feels. The feels of that thing I get sad all over again. Still you did a great job tieing this music to your lyrics, now you need to do a video to this, it been a while and I want to see Alec get a pushed and have him get an album.

Sarah: Man, Alec really knows how to fan girls screams going. Really I had to get Jake to cool me off over here.

Chris: Alec is a home wrecker, it fucked up what he did.

Jake: *cough* *cough* it wasn't that bad, you know she can listening to it any time.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 07/11/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/11/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 09 November 2015 04:35:18(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Damn it John, the feels. The feels of that thing I get sad all over again. Still you did a great job tieing this music to your lyrics, now you need to do a video to this, it been a while and I want to see Alec get a pushed and have him get an album.

Sarah: Man, Alec really knows how to fan girls screams going. Really I had to get Jake to cool me off over here.

Chris: Alec is a home wrecker, it fucked up what he did.

Jake: *cough* *cough* it wasn't that bad, you know she can listening to it any time.

ooc: I know I'm so sorry for bringing the feels back I write this before the third video came out though I thought they'd have a happy ending :P and also thank you so much :) I'd actually love to make a video for this but that might take some time still have no charger for my laptop lol

Alec: Woah woah woah guys I'm not trying to wreck any homes here I'm sorry haha but thanks Sarah I'm glad you liked the song and @ Jake you're welcome lol
My Acts

UserPostedImage