logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 09 December 2015 06:19:47(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Neon Lights
Length: 3:08
Genre(s): Pop Rap, Dance-Pop
Label: Five Pesky Kids Records
Written By: Elyar Black
Produced By: Ryan Tedder, Max Martin
SOUNDS LIKE: Jake Miller - Yellow Lights

With 2015 drawing to a close many artists are getting in there releases in time for Christmas and for Elyar Black it means it's time to start his new album era, 2015 has been a quite year for the younger of the two Black brothers, with Elyar ending off his last album era in January of this year, when he released "In Your Head", for the remainder of this year Elyar has been busy making a new album set for release in 2016 and his stint in Celebrity Big Brother as well as having time to start a family of his own, but now the 23 year-old is back and ready to kickstart his new album era with a new single.

"Neon Lights" is the new single in question and is the lead from his upcoming second studio album "Changes In Me", the single marks are rather big change from the stars past material, with "Neon Lights" boasting a heavy dance/pop mix while his past material had a more urban flavor, "Neon Lights" was written by Elyar Black himself and like some of his older material production was handled by Max Martin and Ryan Tedder, who bring the song to life with an infection hook, the track will be released through Five Pesky Kids Records on the 8th of December and looks to warm up the cold winter.

"Neon Lights" is a Pop Rap song with an infection Dance beat present in the chorus, the track features less auto-tune and vocal alterations than his previous material and also shows of Elyar's cheeky and fun side with his rapping that he was discovered for coming into the song, which wasn't present at all in his first era, the track boast a slightly less explicit vibe as the lyrics are slightly more tame than we usually see from the 23 year-old who's known to occasionally go into depth about his junk in his pants and sex, this song is no different but is certainly far more subtle when it comes to the topic of sex.

CRITICAL RECEPTION

"Neon Lights" received positive reviews from music critics. Jezebel's Bobby Finger described the song as "the cold fusion of pop songs, a track that will keep its listeners moving and jamming for a long time, a great lead single if ever there was one." Consequence of Sound applauded the collaboration with Ryan Tedder and Max Martin, saying "the results are beyond promising. It’s a funky number marked by warm dancy rhythms and half arsed rapping that surprisingly works." Brennan Carley of Spin wrote that the song "starts with a dull drum-n-bass sound before exploding into an infectious burst if pop goodness in the chorus." USA Today's Maeve McDermott wrote: "Neon Lights"' is just as much of an earworm as his previous single 'In Your Head', but with a electronic rap infused production." Jikael Wood of the Los Angeles Times called it "airy dance/rap banger that makes the singer's first big hit, the puppyish 'Sex Babe', seem like an artifact from a different era entirely so progress is being made." Time's Nolan Feeney also appreciated the song saying: "With a beat as funky as this song boast, there is no way this song will leave your head for days." Dee Lockett of Vulture.com wrote: "it's a rap-flavored dance beat over which Elyar raps and sings without any real effort at all."

Carly Mallenbaum, who heard "Neon Lights?" in early November, described it as "catchy". Similarly, a writer for The Daily Beast said, "Neon Lights" is a pretty damn catchy; and instantly recognizable tune, that will stay in your head for days". Gil Kaufman of MTV News also called it a "banger", explaining, "the track is classic Elyar: seductive, earnest, pleading and just the right amount of sexy without being to rude". Idolator's Mike Wass praised the song's "instantly memorable chorus", and added, "Vocally, Elyar has never sounded better". Digital Spy's Lewis Corner felt Elyar's vocals were "plain and bland" stating that his voice lacked, well a voice, further stating that Elyar should leave the singing to his brother or go back to the auto-tune. Andrew Unterberger of Spin opined the song was "really a catchy infectious tune". Jason Lipshutz of Billboard gave the song a four star rating and commented that it was "positioned as Elyar's huge bid to reignite his career for his second album era", and said, "Neon Lights" synthesizes the positive components of Elyar's past music but bring in a more calm free and more infectious pop sound to the stars musical repitore, as well as introducing Elyar's music to a whole new audience of fans.

LYRICS

Look, works it up on the regular
4 AM and she calling up my telephone
Every night my phone be ringing like brrr brrr
So I'm bout to get it up, like a predator
Lately I've been loving you just right
Cause she gets to have it every almost night
She in the house, laying on the bed
Sending pictures to me
Like "I'm ready, want you now?"

She gets so horny
That's why she ringin'
She got me speeding

All through neon lights
She craving, wanting me to give it right
I'm running, craving for the morning light
Hence why I'm speeding through these neon lights
Can't second guess, she wants me bad
She wants me bad
Can't second guess, I'm loving that

Can't second guess cos she wants me bad
Full throttle, need for speed on this running bag
Cop chasing in my lane boo
Tryna stop me now, ha, no chance of that
I'm swerving lanes, think quick
Roof off, fast and furious type shit
I'm driving nearing every second
She keep the pictures coming to my phone
Like "I'm ready, give it to me"

She gets so horny
That's why she ringin'
She got me speeding

All through neon lights
She wants me bad

Girl, I'm coming ba, ba, baby
Just hold up for me, me, me
I got the thing you, want, want, want
I can't wait till I'm inside of you
So I just keep speeding

All through neon lights
She wants me bad
She wants me bad, so bad

SOUNDS LIKE

Welat65 on 09/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 09/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 10/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 10/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 10/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 10/12/2015(UTC), Matticus on 11/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/12/2015(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2015 11:34:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Scott: I think that your music is definitely maturing and you seem to be exploring with your vocal delivery and style. A vast improvement from when you first joined the label, I must say. I think that this pop rap style suits you and it's why you caught Pesky's attention in the first place. Going to be blunt, the lyrics aren't going to help you remove your creepy/sleazy factor. Everyone thinks you want to hump anything and everything but hey, to each his own. Some artists make a career out of singing about their exes so why not make a career out of being horny? Do your thing, I guess.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 10/12/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2015 07:28:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Elyar Black - Thanks for the kind words Scott, I am always trying to better myself so the fact that you noticed maturity is great, but as for lyrics I just write like that but its no biggie!
UserPostedImage
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 11 December 2015 09:24:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Chris: I don't think this is going to work for you. I mean the was different for you, but I just thought that it was kind of clunky with the word play the pattern was a little off. I'll give it a 2 and half beat nods out of five.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 11/12/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 12 December 2015 05:30:10(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Chris: I don't think this is going to work for you. I mean the was different for you, but I just thought that it was kind of clunky with the word play the pattern was a little off. I'll give it a 2 and half beat nods out of five.

Elyar: Fair enough Chris, it's matter of opinion and I respect that :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2015 04:57:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Adam: Let's go little bro! Man, every song you release gets better and better and Neon Lights is probably my favorite.

QueenAlexis: Your best song to date but you always talk about sex in your songs. Change it up a bit. Very repetitive alright?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 14/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#7 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:04:16(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: I really like this song! It's catchy and nice to hear in the car. Hopefully, you get a lot of success with it!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:22:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica_rox:nothing wrong with wanting to nail anything with a pulse. im rather that way myself. even though i hate you and everything you stand for.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:50:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Kai: I'd respect your perseverance if it weren't for the fact you're an absolute wankclown. No matter the criticism you rightfully get though, you always come back. Fair play for that like.

Ooc: Nice work on this :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#10 Posted : 17 December 2015 09:42:17(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Adam: Let's go little bro! Man, every song you release gets better and better and Neon Lights is probably my favorite.

QueenAlexis: Your best song to date but you always talk about sex in your songs. Change it up a bit. Very repetitive alright?

Elyar: Thanks Ads, it's nice to have you support bro!

Elyar:
rm thanks but my music is MY music so if I wanna sing about sex then I am, I'm not changing it up for the sake of your ears

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: I really like this song! It's catchy and nice to hear in the car. Hopefully, you get a lot of success with it!

Elyar: Thanks Aliya, Well It's about driving a car so I guess playing it on the car works :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica_rox:nothing wrong with wanting to nail anything with a pulse. im rather that way myself. even though i hate you and everything you stand for.

Elyar: I don't roll like that, but what did I do I thought the Hesses hated Adam?

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Kai: I'd respect your perseverance if it weren't for the fact you're an absolute wankclown. No matter the criticism you rightfully get though, you always come back. Fair play for that like.

Ooc: Nice work on this :)

Elyar: Thanks.....I guess I'm tougher than I look words are just words I choose to ignore them and focus on what I love and that's family and music

OOC - Thank you :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/12/2015(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#11 Posted : 17 December 2015 10:18:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica:meh.I need an enemy other than gemma.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.