logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 09 December 2015 04:20:49(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Vanity presents her twelfth studio album
D O M I N A N T

01. "New York"
02. "Technicolor Tears"
03. "Hallucinate"
04. "Crashing Down"
05. "Dare to Question"
06. "Control"
07. "Eyelids"
08. "Rage"
09. "Night Dreaming"
10. "Infinity"
11. "New Religion"
12. "Human Right"
13. "Curtain Call"

Released via Kaleidoscope Records

Edited by user 22 December 2015 03:54:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 15 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 09/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 09/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 09/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 09/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 09/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/12/2015(UTC), kandii on 09/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 09/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 09 December 2015 07:05:02(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"New York", track one on the album's track list, is a euphoric song that kicks off the record in a wild, upbeat fashion. Featuring breezy guitars at the start and end of the track, you might think "New York" is a surprisingly mellow beginning to a Vanity record, but after just a few seconds, she soon washes away those questions as layers of hard-hitting beats come to the forefront of the track. This builds and builds to the song's explosive chorus where the beat evolves into something more chaotic, and Vanity's vocals grow stronger, even slightly erratic at moments.

"Sink into the pop culture, dance into the nightlife / We're at the roots of the skyline / And we light it up at night," Vanity sings proudly in the song, passionately singing about the atmosphere and blinding lights that she's become so accustomed to from a young age. The beautiful thing about "New York" is not only to see a native New Yorker like Vanity dedicate a song to it, but because it may be one of the most authentic songs we've heard to date from her. The lyrics are clearly coming from a passionately loyal place in Vanity's heart, and the song overall is a catchy earworm that's a little left-field from her peers, something Vanity's always managed to excel at.

VANITY: "In all my career, I've always wanted this song... it's as if it were the longest birth ever. I had to thank the place that made me who I am, and I really do thank New York for the career that I have now. It ignited so much passion and determination in my heart from such a young age, and I never stopped fighting from this, all thanks to my surroundings. I was taught that I could be whoever I wanted to be and my hard work would pay off, and there's nothing sweeter when it does. 'New York' was a real joy to finally write, it wasn't that I found it difficult creating this song, but it just had to come at a certain time. I'm at a stage in my career now where I'm happy with what I've achieved, so I felt it was the right time to dedicate my love to NY. I hope my fans enjoy this one as much as I do."

"New York"

Sounds like:

Just another city girl
Tryna find her way in the world
Wearin' a scent of vodka and weed
All eyes on me when I walk into the jungle
Where the crowds shuffle along to the trouble
Dreams laid out on the concrete
And we're wide awake while the world's asleep

Drink in the adrenaline
Oh, there's no comparison
That's why they all talk
About New York
Hear the atmosphere downtown
Where the blinding lights are all around
That's why they all talk
About New York

And you hear 'em talk, you hear 'em say
They wanna getaway today
Ooh, from the everyday
We're built for adventure
And we're ready to venture into the neon lights
We're just a taxi ride away from smoky wild nights

It's a love affair that's never ending
And there's no faking, no pretending
Cause I wouldn't wanna be anywhere
But New York
We're just a taxi ride away from the story of this NY soul
A taxi ride away from the center of the world
Oh, I wouldn't wanna be anywhere
But New York

Drink in the adrenaline
That's why they all talk
About New York
That's why they all talk
About New York

Grey picture fantasies now in reality's vivid colour
Sink into the pop culture, dance into the nightlife
We're at the roots of the skyline
And we light it up at night
We bring the buzz
And we're the heart of the noise
You gave me the voice and there's no other choice
I'm nothin' till I'm on the soil
Of you, New York
My sweet New York

Drink in the adrenaline
That's why they all talk
About New York
That's why they all talk
About New York

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Following "New York", Vanity keeps the uptempo nature of the beginning of her twelfth studio album Dominant going, following it with "Technicolor Tears". The song itself could actually be called a contradiction to the title of the record, as we see Vanity in a very vulnerable, submissive position on the song - ultimately a melodically lush track where Vanity pleads to her lover to become as vulnerable as her for once. She sings proudly about being an open book and showing her emotions with ease, "My dirty laundry and haunting memories / I lay it all on the table, my horns and my halo".

Vanity’s voice has an air of melancholy to it, as her atmospheric voice pairs perfectly with the thumping house beat of the track. It's a rare kind of song for the pop superstar, but one that fits into her discography nicely. Despite its radio-friendly sound, "Technicolor Tears" doesn't at all suffer from being generic with its meaningful, artistic lyrics that are at heart of the song. Due to her songwriting, hardcore fans are still able to identify it as a Vanity track, thanks to Vanity's unique stamp that she puts on her music, rather than it being a throwaway pop song that "Technicolor" could have suffered from, if it were to be judged on the beat alone. While well produced with its throwback house feel, it's not Vanity's most groundbreaking song, but perhaps that's what works in its favour. After all, a quirky Vanity track like "Space Lover" may be appreciated, but its songs like these that remind us just how good Vanity can be doing good, old fashioned dance music.

VANITY: "Hearing everyone's feedback to the last record, it was important for me to stay away from a concept record, at least for a while. I think what so many of my fans find beautiful in my music is how varied and diverse it can be, I believe the last era helped me to find a strength in my artistry; this time, I let it happen naturally, instead of forcing myself down one lane. 'Technicolor Tears' is a song about how I've changed as a person, someone who was perhaps once afraid to be honest and true to herself... now formed into this open book where secrets and heavy emotions don't pull her down. It's about wanting to share that enlightenment with someone else, a key if you wish, to a future where you truly feel free. House music is something I experimented with two albums ago on The Sound of Living, and it sounds so beautiful to me, alive, powerful, yet often dripping in emotion, whether that be sadness or joy. Creating a song like this has really helped me to craft a song that can get you deep in thought on the dance floor - I find those are the best."

"Technicolor Tears"

Sounds like:

A whisper bursting out of the shadows
Your cold hands feel the warmth of my skin
Let your barriers down
The walls you build will break away
Uncover yourself, show me your scars
And we'll go so far
Somewhere we can dance for the stars

And when I cry, cry, cry, don't ask why, why, why
Don't wonder how I feel, just know that I will heal
And when I cry, cry, cry, don't even try, try, try
Can't try to stop the pain, I'll never be the same

Pull me closer and closer
And surround me with your aura
I'll surrender to you
Because for you, I come alive
And for you, I light up the night
With these technicolor tears

Your candle burns bright under a starry sky
Illuminating every dark corner of my heart
You heard I was scared to let you see all of me
Exposed like a documentary
My dirty laundry and haunting memories
I lay it all on the table, my horns and my halo
Hold onto me like an angel

And when I cry, cry, cry, don't ask why, why, why
Don't wonder how I feel, just know that I will heal
And when I cry, cry, cry, don't even try, try, try
Can't try to stop the pain, I'll never be the same

I'll surrender to you

I'll let down my walls, if you do it too
Don't be afraid to be vulnerable for once in your life
Lay down and let the wheel slip out of your hands
Cause there ain't no stopping us
From being here, here
And feeling what we feel

I'll surrender to you
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 12 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 09/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 09/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 09/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 09/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 17/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2015 07:40:56(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Hallucinate" is track three on Dominant, released as the second single from the album and becoming arguably Vanity's most successful single to date, topping both the airplay and digital chart, the former for two weeks so far, the latter for a whole month. In comparison to Vanity's lead single to the record, "Eyelids", Hallucinate” features many of those same qualities, featuring trippy lyrics and a hard-hitting electronic beat, though it has to be noted that it's musically much more radio-friendly, with its heavy pop influences that have helped the song to become such a huge success.

Although we're able to pick out similarities within the two singles, it's important to stress that these songs are absolutely their own identities and bring something completely new to Vanity's discography. "Hallucinate" in particular features sounds that have never been heard on a song by the pop singer before, such as the notable Arabic guitars in the track and African vocal samples that are heard in the background, providing an atmospheric, eerie sound to the track. Though with the modern day electronic influences evidently heard within the beat, it's likely to go down well with some of Vanity's older fans who have supported the singer since her more pop-oriented days.

VANITY: "This song is a chance for me to let my hair down and really showcase a more flirty, fun side to me on the new album, while still maintaining that darkness and mystery you heard in the first single. The last album was so focused on a particular topic and sound, so I wanted to do the complete opposite this time round and make a true variety. I wanted a collection of songs that would cover many lyrical themes, each having its own sound, but still working together like a team to form a real consistent record. "Hallucinate" is really otherworldly in the sense that it feels like you’ve taken some heavy drugs the moment you hear it… the sound, the lyrics, it really takes you to a sleazy, trippy underground club where you have no idea what’s happening, but you go along with it anyway. It’s all about the temptation, giving into a craving that may be frowned upon."

"Hallucinate"

Sounds like:

Tattooed strippers in Cinderella slippers
Don't you know? Woah, oh
There's more than meets the eye
Just like a Christian girl spills all her vodka and lies
Just like the truth buries deep behind a victim's eyes
I take substances that block out my mind's cries

My heart rattles like an earthquake
Don't tell me to wait, don't tell me to wait
There's nothing I can do, nothing I can do
My mind melts into oblivion
It's all at stake, it's all to take
There's nothing I can do, nothing I can do, ooh

One special concoction, you're yelling caution
I watch the chains break, now I'm wide awake
Technicolour vision, I have no solution
It's toxic, but it may just be the greatest mistake
Cause I slip into a dream when I hallucinate

Innocent eyes with an Amsterdam style
Just call me glamorous garbage
A wench in leather or a lady at your leisure
Come and pierce me with your kiss
Taste what's been on my tongue
I'll get you high off my love

Gimme something to get me elevated
Wait for it to sink deep, deep into my system
I don't need to be evaluated
Just let my body move, move to the rhythm

My heart rattles like an earthquake
My mind melts into oblivion
It's all at stake, it's all to take

Fill the void with a taste of something holy
You could be lonely or my one and only
And we can get so out of control
I'll unleash what I've been hiding deep in my soul
I think you've been waiting, waiting for the call
Waiting for me to bare it all

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Following "Hallucinate" on the track list is, appropriately, a track titled "Crashing Down". Though it's not just a coincidence, Vanity stresses that the decision to put the tracks side-by-side was a conscious decision, "Crashing Down" simply a part two to "Hallucinate" - the powerful lyrics documenting Vanity's comedown from an extreme high. Sonically, "Crashing Down" is the first softer moment to the album that we see, a soaring electro ballad where Vanity's vocals are distorted, she almost sounds attached from what she's singing. Creating a cold, distant mood to the track where Vanity's trapped in a lifeless, hazy mindset - confused and longing for the high that she once had.

"Just don't open the curtains / Don't show me that blinding light", Vanity speak-sings over the track's moody, throbbing synthesizers, underneath her vocals is a simplistic, dark production that builds and builds, pulling the listener in until we reach the chorus, Vanity's vocals sounding a little more lively for the first time in the song as she sings, "But the morning always comes, no matter how hard I try / I fall from the clouds / And I come crashing down". The layers of vocals gives the song some much needed oomph, and while we've come accustomed to hearing Vanity's powerful vocals over the years, the relaxed approach she's taken towards this song really gives it a unique spin and manages to work successfully.

VANITY: "This was the last song I wrote and recorded for the record... not that I felt I didn't have enough songs for a complete record, but it was as if this song was screaming inside of me and needed to come out, so I allowed it to. It was before the huge success of 'Hallucinate', I wasn't writing for demand, I was writing to really cover the range of emotions one goes through during the highs and lows of life - no matter how you get to those stages, that wasn't the point. It was the power of those feelings that interested me in exploring them within music."

"Crashing Down"

Sounds like:

I'm all outta luck
And you're a sick and twisted fuck
But you do me right, so that's alright
Just don't open the curtains
Don't show me that blinding light
It's just another reminder
That I'm spiralling down
And I'm not alright

I'm addicted to the high
Keep on running from your lies
I'm clinging onto the night
But the morning always comes, no matter how hard I try
I fall from the clouds
And I come crashing down

The sanctuary that is my mind
Used to be my one true place where I'd reside
But you come on storming in
Rip it up like fragile skin
You gimme a quick fix, like medicine
Then fuck me up all over again

And on that cold, confusing morning
Where I lie in a hazy state
I'm just thinking, thinking of those nights of ecstasy
I'm hunting for it recklessly
Cause I feel like it's my destiny

I'm addicted to the high
I fall from the clouds
And I come crashing down

You say I'm perfectly okay
But why'd I feel the way I feel every day?
Untamed and always running into trouble
I watch the good in my life crumble
On the hunt to ruin everything that's good
And the only reason I haven't destroyed you yet
Is because you're just as broken as me
Tell me what you want, I'll do whatever I want
I won't remember in the morning
So gimme that hit and I'll be so above and beyond
Reality and even fantasies, that's all gone now
There’s only one thing that I want right now

(x2)
I'm addicted to the high
I fall from the clouds
And I come crashing down
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 9 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 12/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 17/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 16 December 2015 07:00:26(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Track five, "Dare to Question" steers away from typical pop song subjects such as love and sex, and instead explores the themes of knowledge and enlightenment. Vanity searches for answers in the song from someone who's closed up and bottles away a lot of their emotion, never daring to question in order to find out more about their story. Sonically, the song follows a more predictable pop structure, meshing well with previous song on the track list "Crashing Down" thanks to its dreamy, electronic pop sound - this one however, with a warmer, slightly more joyful sound and more raw vocals from Vanity.

Vanity's role in "Dare to Question" is somewhat similar to a guardian angel, loving, encouraging and eager to guide. Her vocals are unusually soft and inviting, not at all intimidating or powerful as fans may have grown accustomed to over the years. "Just answer my questions / I'll be your angel of light to lead you in the right direction," she sings passionately, right before the track's explosive final chorus into a sudden end.

VANITY: "This song is extremely beautiful and meaningful to me. As a role model and almost motherly figure to some of my fans, I've been in the position where a lot of them have come up to me on the street or in a meet and greet or even just contacted me on Twitter - asking for help, advice, guidance. A fan told me that they saw me as an angel of light, and it moved and inspired me so much that I wrote this song that very night. For someone like me who's seen and felt such darkness, I found it fascinating that I could radiate such light to others. It was a truly touching moment and I hope this song allows everyone to feel comfortable with being open and vulnerable with how they're feeling. Let the angel of light in your life in, and things will always work out."

"Dare to Question"

Sounds like:

There's a mystery in every story
A lie behind every eye
But I never stop asking why
Why should we dare to question?
A desire for adventure, a need to venture
Find me an answer, find me an an answer
No, I don't dare to question

So what are you prepared to do to hide?
Hide, hide, hide away inside
Keep your truth close to your chest
Cause we're becomin' undressed
The cards are on the table
And my heart's in the wide open

I've been hunting down the answers
Looking for the rare beauty of truth
Like a needle in a haystack
Been wandering for many years
Never knowing why you hold back those tears

A lie behind every eye

So what's the worst that you could say?
Sanity is temporary and memories don't always stay
What I can bring could last forever
A piece of history built for all eternity
Constantly hoping and endlessly seeking
Searching for all the words you're not speaking

Yeah, I've been hunting down the answers
Looking for the rare beauty of truth
Feeling like a fish out of water
Screaming why, why won't you let me in?
I need to know what you hold within

A lie behind every eye

I don't know your story, so open the book
Let me take control and we can write the ending together
Behind your eyes lives the biggest mystery
So let me see from your perspective, let me know how you feel
Don't let your sadness deepen
Let me cure you of your demons

Cause I, I, I just wanna know the way you think
All your thoughts and your needs
All that hopeless depression underneath
Take down your walls and drop your weapons
Just answer my questions
I'll be your angel of light to lead you in the right direction

A lie behind every eye
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
erich hess on 16/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 17/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 17 December 2015 05:39:25(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Control" is one of the most appropriate songs on the record when relating back to the album's title, a hypnotically mellow R&B song that's a rare sound in Vanity's discography - mostly filled with pop, dance and electronic music. Though if there's one thing that Vanity's taught us over her years as a singer, it's to never doubt her when it comes to keeping the listener on their toes. The track itself plays with the roles within a sexual relationship - submissive and dominant, and Vanity toys with her lover, teasing with the control that he thinks he has over her, while she proudly sings about having it from the get-go.

For such an arousing song, Vanity's lyrics could have easily paired up with a harder-hitting beat, but she's chosen to take the sensual, relaxed root with it, and it helps to make "Control" one of the standouts on the album - even if it does come right before polar opposite "Eyelids" on the track list. However, this only helps us to appreciate Vanity's softer moments, while they're rare, they certainly shine when she lets them happen. "You play it cool, love me like a fool / And you think you got me under control," Vanity whisper-sings over the simplistic beat of the song, ending the chorus with a strong, yet playful statement that's enough to put a smile on the listener's face, "But I ain't gonna let him blow, cause he don't know / Who's really in control".

VANITY: "This is the only pure sex song that I wrote for this album. After the Tease EP and Odyssey, I knew I couldn't possibly put out another concept record with the same themes. Though while those releases were a lot more sensual... focusing more on intense emotions and lust, this one is a lot more headstrong and sure of itself, I wanted to put a twist on a sex song and focus on other subjects, because really, it's about more than sex. I questioned and thought about who really is the dominant one when it comes down to it, who holds that power? Who has that complete control over the other person? While it may be assumed it's always the man, that's certainly not always the case. I think the song speaks for itself in that sense and tells you why..."

"Control"

Sounds like:

Who chooses the role?
When it comes to domination
And who chooses to take the suffocation?
(Closer, closer) Press our bodies tight
Let the distance between us vanish from sight
(Closer, closer) Whispers dance throughout the night
Lemme know what I can do to make you feel alright

(Closer, closer) Come a little bit...
Now back up just a little bit (I said)
Promised you'd show me what you're working with
Now come and get me in the way I wish

You play it cool, love me like a fool
And you think you got me under control
Pretty face, oh, he likes the taste
Of feeling like he's in control
Loves me rough, he plays it tough
Thinking he got me under control
I can see what's on show
But I ain't gonna let him blow, cause he don't know
Who's really in control

Hold on for just a little longer (I said)
Take it out and wait it out
You ain't gotta rush when you work it out
(Do it, do it) In the way that I want it
You think you're gettin' it in the way you just got it
(Do it, do it) The way I want, I was just warmin' up
You say you control, but I don't think you got what it takes
Got what it takes to make me vibrate

Now back up just a little bit (I said)
Promised you'd show me what you're working with
Now come and get me in the way I wish

I can see what's on show
Who's really in control

Good things come to those who wait
And if you're in my sights, I'm gonna take it
I'm just waiting for you to have it
Just don't think that cause I take your hand
That I'm not the one giving the command

I can see what's on show
Who's really in control
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
JohnnyBBB on 17/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 17/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 17/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#6 Posted : 17 December 2015 06:09:52(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Eyelids" shows Vanity at her most extreme yet, showing a side to her that her fans have never seen in her music. Though it's not a surprise based on Vanity's unexpected antics, it's a great moment to see her as an artist delivering something as wild as we all knew she was capable of. In terms of sound, "Eyelids" really doesn't fit anywhere within the mainstream pop sound, which is why it was such a surprise to see the track become a big hit for the singer, Vanity's promotions for the song clearly paid off, including that bleeding eye performance at the most recent Fan Choice Awards. The song features wild, untamed vocals from Vanity, pairing with a wall of electronic noise that runs throughout the song. While there's gentle breaks in the track amid all the chaos, it's only an opportunity to build things back to the song's explosive nature, crashing to the forefront even harder than before.

Vocally, this is one of Vanity's most experimental, extreme songs to date, her vocals are front and center alongside the powerful, stabbing electro that sweeps in and out of the track with little warning. Her voice is brutal, harsh and even strained at some points in the song, only adding to the dark, eccentric vibe of the song. "Put me in a permanent dark" Vanity declares in the track's opening, her voice urgent and clear, instantly commanding the attention of the listener. Later in the song's wild, noisy chorus, Vanity delivers the lyrics in near screams, "Stab out my vision / Like shutting off the television".

VANITY: "I will be the first to admit that 'Eyelids' is a very love or hate song within my fan base, some were very supportive and embraced this song, luckily it was received well enough to become a success, though others were very alienated by it... and that's okay. It's not an accurate representation of this record, just a spur of the moment thing where I was in a chaotic frame of mind, searching for a release, which I did in particular with this song and another, called 'Rage'. This was the original direction I went in with the record, noisy, loud, explosive electronic chaos. Though as I opened my eyes to my surroundings more and had more life experiences along the recording process of this album, I realised that wasn't an accurate portrayal of my current life. It's too deep, too dark... that's not where I'm at. Though I'm pleased to give a glimpse into the original direction of this record, the final sound to Dominant may not be as consistent and flow like my other releases, but its extreme variations in sound really create something truly diverse and special."

"Eyelids"

Sounds like:

Put me in a permanent dark
So far from the light, give me vision for the night
To see and believe, to discover and uncover
The truth in what lies deep down
Deep down in my frantic mind
I am, I am undefined

Don't hold me at the mercy of, no
Don't hold me at the mercy of, oh
Don't hold me at the mercy of my wild soul

Like blinds on the windows
Clouds over the sun
I blackout the harsh reality
With my eyelids
Stab out my vision
Like shutting off the television
With my eyelids

The greatest collision
My vivid dreams and the real extremes
No more tunnel vision, it's my decision
To flee from this power in the final hour
I ride away from the world's existence
Into the distance
Away from the sounds, away from the crowds
Into underground

And I make peace with the silence
The voices in my mind and all the questions unanswered
What used to be at war underneath
Is all now at ease, at ease

Clouds over the sun
With my eyelids
Stab out my vision
With my eyelids

Draw the blinds, no more reasons to define
The problems of the girl and the way the world works
Take out my sight, no more reasons to fight
Against the system, I shut off my television
I flip the switch and this time, I quit
And I drift off to a silent trip

Clouds over the sun
With my eyelids
Stab out my vision
With my eyelids

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Track number eight "Rage" can be considered the sister track to previous song on the track list and lead to the album, "Eyelids". Sonically very similar to the track, it's clear from just the two songs alone what Vanity was trying to go for during the album's original recording sessions, and while they don't exactly fit in with the other tracks that were likely tailored after the huge success of "Hallucinate", they give an insight into the frantic, explosive mind and sound of Vanity at her most extreme to date. Once again featuring those similar, sharp synthesizers that pierce through the listener's ears every time the chorus rolls around, it's hard to argue with the fact that Vanity's created a song perfectly suited to its title.

However, unlike "Eyelids", Vanity's vocals are layered, echoed and a whole lot more easier on the ears - surprising, considering we assume to hear fury in her voice from the lyrics, but it's quite the opposite. "I'm sweetening up my buttercup / Just don't mistrust my acts of love", Vanity sings passionately in the gloomy electronic track, detailing a relationship that's turned sour. Imagine Vanity having her take on a Glamazon song with a more experimental, industrial sound and this is what you'll get. In the chorus, she sings softly, "You're poisoning the air I breathe / This building rage inside of me / It's all about to break free". Her relaxed vocals are almost creepy and unsettling given what she's singing, but it's a powerful technique from the singer to create a song that's both effective and unexpected.

VANITY: "This is one of my biggest loves on the album... it sounds extremely aggressive and furious, and I just find it a hell of a lot of fun to sing to, and I imagine the stage performance of it already and it's just insanity. Recording it was extremely inspiring, it was one of those songs that just took over my body and made me realise why I do what I do, because it brings me such joy and evokes such passion within me. I find bad breakups so fascinating and I think the whole public do, it's exciting and it makes us all curious when we hear about a big celebrity couple part from one another... it makes you think about how heightened the emotions are because it's all in the public eye, and I wanted to create a song from that perspective. Just pure aggressive emotion from being betrayed and hurt. Sometimes you don't need to feel it first hand, you just live the song through another soul."

"Rage"

Sounds like:

I'm a pile of idle explosives
When you're whispering in my ear, I'm
The fire next to the gasoline
You're poisoning the air I breathe
This building rage inside of me
It's all about to break free

Raging red on my lips, you're
Getting my lipstick kisses on your neck, I'm
Sweetening up my buttercup
Just don't mistrust my acts of love
You don't know it, but when I run
This rage will keep me moving
These feelings are everlasting
Feels like I'm overloading

So I keep on faking while we're love making
Screaming until I see the ceiling shaking
Feels like your liquid bursts into my veins
And I'm always trying to break these chains
Heels on so high, feels like I can touch the sky
Feelin' unstoppable like I'm never gonna die

I, I, I, I breathe the fire in and out
I, I, I, I wanna scream and shout
Rotten to the core, but I'm all that you adore
Don't you wanna know what I'm all about?

It was always bubbling under the surface
You thought you'd get a warning
But when you least expect it
It all comes breaking free
No more oppression
All the passion, aggression, my deadly venom
It all comes breaking free

I, I, I, I breathe the fire in and out
I, I, I, I wanna scream and shout
Rotten to the core, but I'm all that you adore
Don't you wanna know what I'm all about?

Edited by user 17 December 2015 08:46:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
erich hess on 17/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 17/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 18/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 18 December 2015 06:21:42(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"Night Dreaming" is somewhat of a transitional song on the record, leading the album away from the aggressive sounds of "Eyelids" and "Rage", back into the more gentle, dreamy electronic sounds that are heard more during the first half of Dominant. However, "Night Dreaming" certainly has its own place on the record, with its ambient, airy sounds that add a heap of mystery around the song and its lyrics. If it was Vanity's aim to capture what a dream would sound like in a song, she's done a great job of it. Clocking well over five and a half minutes, "Night Dreaming" is more like a poem than a traditional song with the way Vanity speaks the lyrics over the instrumental, rather than singing, as well as the song itself having no real chorus or structure to it.

The eerie sound of the song pairs perfectly with Vanity's spoken words that are put through a vocoder, she sounds distant and emotional with her delivery, even somewhat haunting, like a ghost in a desperate attempt to be heard. The lyrics deal with the subject of fate, as Vanity's mind is flooded with memories with a certain somebody, the dramatic, rave-inspired ending of the song pairs with Vanity's realisation that the two of them can no longer be together. While the song doesn't go into much more detail than that, the vagueness of the lyrics are extremely effective alongside the track's mysterious electronic soundscape.

VANITY: "This is a beautiful song that I wrote a long, long time ago, well before my mind was even set on this album. I connected with it so much that I couldn't part with it and just throw it out as if it wasn't good enough, because to me, it was. It just needed to have a space on a record where it would thrive and I could fully realise its potential. It's far more poetic than the stuff I usually write... usually I go straight to the point and don't shy away from what I want to get across, but coming out of my comfort zone to write a piece like this was truly refreshing and invigorating. I realised after writing this, that sometimes it works best to keep a song mysterious and vague rather than in-your-face, and I learnt to appreciate it for that reason."

"Night Dreaming"

Sounds like:

I sat by the moon and the light faded too soon
Bathed in the sea and searched for what is to be
Now I'm night dreaming of you and me
Walked down to the shore, where we met before
The stars sing a lullaby, nearby
Where we used to stand and hold hands
We looked to the sky and searched for what is to be

When the pitch black came to cover up
All I used to know and you're no longer there
Standing with your loyal hand held out
Your blue eyes shinin' in the moonlight
You're worth the fight, it's alright
The battles to come are nothin'
And I'll be telling everyone
Laying under the setting sun

No need to wonder, whether you’re here or out in space
I know you’ll be night dreaming of me and you
And nothing else matters, so keep on thinking, dreaming of me
I know I’ll be night dreaming of me and you

Staring at the stars and they burnt out so soon
I wondered if that’s what we were always destined to be
Questioning an unclear future, am I gonna lose ya?
Now I mourn for us and this love
Making the most of the way we hold hands
And as we look to the sky, we know what is to be
An ending written for you and me

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Following "Night Dreaming" comes "Infinity", an explosive club banger with a beat drop that's perhaps one of the most memorable moments on the album and shows that Vanity certainly isn't ready to step away from the dance floor anytime soon in her career. While we've heard Vanity at a lot more experimental and extreme on Dominant, the straight-forward dance formula of "Infinity" is very welcome after the experimental sound and lyrics to "Night Dreaming". While it's nice to hear Vanity do something different every now and again, it's crucial to hear her on songs like this, giving her long-term fans a glimpse of what the pop star was really like in her early days.

Written about the promising future of a relationship and the extreme feelings of love, it's ironic how "Infinity" comes after a song on the album's track listing that talks about the eventual end of one. Whether "Infinity" is about an entirely different person or things managed to somehow work out in the end, the cutesy, romantic lyrics to the song are surprising, coming from an eccentric artist like Vanity. Though it's fun to see her more natural, human side on songs like this, writing about the same topics that we all read, hear and experience in everyday life. "We're gonna get the key to control this love / Just know it's not gonna wait for us," she sings energetically in the club-friendly song, and while it's a love song, we still get those little references about power, something common within a lot of the songs on the album, as Vanity sings about being in control of the emotion she and this person share.

VANITY: "As I've said previously, this album was really my chance to create a body of work that's diverse, featuring many sounds and lyrical subjects. So you can go from an extreme like 'Eyelids' to the complete opposite... 'Infinity', just a simple, straight-forward EDM song that you'd hear in a club. Over the years it's a genre that I've grown to love more and more, and working with mISTER_b on my last record really gave me a lot of insight into those sounds and how effective they can be to create a perfectly punchy dance song, rather than something that sounds boring and predictable. This is just one of the many faces of Vanity as an artist, sometimes I'm more aggressive, sometimes I'm sexual, sometimes I'm romantic and sometimes I'm experimental... this time, it just so happened to turn into a hopeful, romantic dance track."

"Infinity"

Sounds like:

If you're looking for me
You'll know where I'll always be
Basking in the sound of forever
And moving into it together
Hear my heartbeat dance to the rhythm of your breathing
And when I exhale, that's my past that I'm leaving

Said if you're looking for me
You'll know where I'll always be
Standing next to you to face the world
Standing by my promises, my faithful words
Hear my heartbeat dance to the thoughts that I'm dreaming
Giving my life a whole new meaning

(x2)
We go, go, oh, oh
To infinity, yeah, you and me
I can feel the chemistry
We'll reach divinity
We go, go, oh, oh
To infinity

If you're wondering how
We managed to stand here after all this time
Just know that we can't be parted
And we're never divided
This love is forever
These memories I treasure

Cause all I see from here and now
Is the golden future
And from this day forward, I know how
We're gonna get the key to control this love
Just know it's not gonna wait for us

(x2)
We go, go, oh, oh
I can feel the chemistry
We'll reach divinity
We go, go, oh, oh
To infinity

Cause all I see from here and now
Is the golden future
And from this day forward, I know how
We're gonna get the key to control this love
Just know it's not gonna wait for us

To infinity...
To infinity...
To infinity...

(x2)
We go, go, oh, oh
I can feel the chemistry
We'll reach divinity
We go, go, oh, oh
To infinity
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 18/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 18/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 18/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 18/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 18/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 18/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#8 Posted : 22 December 2015 03:53:24(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Vanity keeps the tempo high following "Infinity" with track eleven, "New Religion" - another song on the record where Vanity showcases smooth, accessible vocals in comparison to some of her more wild, untamed moments on the album, alongside a thumping dance beat that entices the listener from the very beginning. The song serves up a sonic piece of a side of Vanity that fans have loved since her early days, and that nostalgia is likely to make the song a fan favourite, featuring her trademark lyrics, a strong, synth-heavy beat and powerful, yet clear vocals from the superstar.

"New Religion" lyrically shows Vanity completely infatuated by a person, turning away from society norms and 'fairytale fiction' love stories for her hungry desire to make someone her religion. The message is clear in the song and Vanity doesn't shy away from it, in fact, with her bold vocals on the track and the constant repetition of the line "I got a new religion" in the song, it's safe to say Vanity's proud of the fact and wants the world to know about it. It's borderline creepy and obsessive, but it's not hard to see that's what Vanity was going for in the song - a feeling towards someone that's untamed and uncontrollable.

VANITY: "A lot of my music deals with, perhaps extreme forms of emotions. So if it's a sex song, it ends up being very much about sex, and if it's a love song for someone, it ends up being very over the top and dramatic, which is what 'New Religion' really shows. We grow up with crushes... people who we're extremely attracted to, but would never dare tell them in fear of rejection. This song really addresses that, without focusing on that fear and rejection side of it, it's more of a mentality than a song declaring love."

"New Religion"

Sounds like:

No more following the past
All the fairytale fiction, let's change the system
Replace the rumors for a change in the future
I write my own rules
And I've got nothin' to lose
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

You, you're a star in the dark
You, you're my work of art
The way you express yourself
In a way like no one else
From the heat of your blood
To your precious touch
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

Preachers would always preach to me
And teachers would always teach to me
I made my own mind up
And my eyes are on you
I made my decision
The story is written
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

Don't question false truth
Well that's the power of youth
Always searching for answers, a hungry desire for more
And when I'm not looking, you're knocking at my door
Don't you know that it's always been you…
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

To your precious touch
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

Didn't think I'd be in this deep
But I'm not backing out this time
Don't turn around, put your coward down
I'm gonna stick it out, say it loud
Cause this time, my eyes are on you
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

Didn't think you'd light up my life
But I'm not hiding behind my darkness
Don't stop, cause I'm feeling it now
I'm gonna let my guard down
Cause this time, I've got nothing to lose
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

To your precious touch
I got a new religion
I got a new religion

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Track twelve is the powerful "Human Right", still just as catchy as any of the other radio-friendly songs on the album, but with a deeper, more heartfelt meaning coming from Vanity, wrapped up in a melodic pop song that Vanity's core fanbase is likely to appreciate. The verses are minimal and eerie in sound as Vanity expresses her lyrics with perhaps the most passion we've heard from the singer, singing about a subject that's evidently close to her. While it's a celebration song, likely written about the legalisation of same-sex marriage in the United States, the song has an air of melancholy around it, as if she's sad that it's taken this long in the first place. As the chorus hits, the beat explodes, becoming more punchy and elevating Vanity's vocals to new heights.

The song subject isn't so unheard of from Vanity, as we've heard her sing empowering, supportive lyrics in the past on her previous records, so "Human Right" fits in perfectly in her discography. "Old scriptures and hateful teachings / Can't silence the sound of human feelings", Vanity sings beautifully in the opening verse, sounding like she's still on a mission for equality. "Cause we've waited enough time / For equal to be legal, and we're not out of line", she follows in the track's powerful chorus, one of the most memorable moments on the album with its moving lyrics.

VANITY: "This song is one that I'm extremely passionate about, well, I'm passionate about them all, but this one is me really baring my heart. I adore the message of it and I truly believe that while progress is being made in the world, there's always somewhere and someone else that needs more support... that's who I fight for. Not just my country, but the people in our world. 'Human Right' is a celebratory song, but the fight is far from over."

"Human Right"

Sounds like:

We could change the world, boy or girl
Light up the skies with glitter and gold
And all that they say
Won't matter today
Old scriptures and hateful teachings
Can't silence the sound of human feelings

Instead, we silence the sound of hate speech
Now we've got new rules to teach
The doors are wide open to break the norm
We'll change history
And a new era is born

Cause we've waited enough time
For equal to be legal, and we're not out of line
It's just a human right and through all the fights
We can raise our fist to a victory won (we are, we are one)
Don't let history repeat itself, let it come undone (we are, we are one)
It's just a human right
There's no wrong or right
Just a human, human right

We could dance tonight, into celebration
Boy with boy and girl with girl
Living how they want, in a home we all call the world
Cause all that they say
Won't matter today
Call it disobeying a higher power
But this life is ours
And love's our superpower

It's just a human right

New found confidence
Up against the same old arguments
We're just living to be who we are, and that's alright
Don't feel so uptight
It's just a human right

It's just a human right
It's just a human right

It's just a human right

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Rounding off the album at track thirteen is "Curtain Call", a moving ballad that may be a predictable ending to your average pop album, but it's a beautiful highlight on the record that shows off Vanity's incredible vocal talents that may sometimes be drowned out on her more electronic-focused tracks. The track sees Vanity throw in those synthesizers and overly-processed vocals for real, authentic vocals that are gritty and raw, paired with an emotional combination of piano, drums, violins and guitar.

The song could be written about either a dying romance or Vanity's outlook on life, depending on the way you interpret the lyrics, either way we can only assume that Vanity wrote the song in a fragile, emotional state of mind, as it's rare when we hear the singer in such a vulnerable way. The lines "This life is fading and nothing's changing / Time is precious and we're careless / We never realise until we're breathless" both open and close the song, it's not the most joyful endings we've ever heard on a Vanity album, but it certainly leaves its mark on the listener with its blunt message. Though it's not all bad in the track, as there are hopeful undertones, such as in the lines "We can work with whatever we have left / The little time and the endless debt" and "We can see everything we've ever wanted / Achieve all of our dreams".

VANITY: "I wanted to round the album off with a good, old fashioned ballad, something I haven't done on an album of mine in a long time. 'Curtain Call' isn't a song I would usually create, the vocals were done in one take and the lyrics didn't take very long either, but I really appreciated the raw beauty of the song when listening back to all of the tracks that I created for this record, it definitely stood out to me. In fact, it was close to not making the album at all, and I think that's why so little attention was given to it as it was recorded right at the beginning of the album process, and I was expecting to scrap it, right until the end when it came to making the track list. Though I feel it really adds something that otherwise would have lacked on this record, so I'm proud of my decision."

"Curtain Call"

Sounds like:

This life is fading and nothing's changing
Time is precious and we're careless
We never realise until we're breathless
We want the world, so why do we settle?
Why make do when we've got potential?
You can't shift the blame
If you let yourself burn out like a dying flame

We can see everything we've ever wanted
Achieve all of our dreams
And if we can move the mountains
That we can paint the perfect outcome

What if it's the last dance?
I thought we still stood a chance
Don't say it's as final as the writing on a grave
Cause babe, I think we got time to save
All that we wanted to do
Be who we wanted to be
What if there's still time to see?
That we can do it all before curtain call

We do the nine to five to visualise
A different reason to survive
A new meaning to live this life
We want the dream, the high, the prize
But there's always someone to name the price
We can work with whatever we have left
The little time and the endless debt

We can see everything we've ever wanted
Achieve all of our dreams
And if we can move the mountains
That we can paint the perfect outcome

What if it's the last dance?
I thought we still stood a chance
Don't say it's as final as the writing on a grave
Cause babe, I think we got time to save
All that we wanted to do
Be who we wanted to be

But if we're still holding on, then there's gotta be a reason
Otherwise we woulda caved in by now, we woulda gave up
Maybe we shoulda by now, cause we're weak and tired
We're wilting and drifting
Holding on til curtain call
Holding on til curtain call

Is it as final as the very last dance?
What if we still stand a chance?
Is it as final as what's written on a grave?
What if there's still time to save?
All that we wanted to do
Become who we wanted to be

This life is fading and nothing's changing
Time is precious and we're careless
We never realise until we're breathless
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 8 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
genocidal king on 22/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 22/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 24/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 22 December 2015 05:11:28(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alec: I am honestly so happy that there is an artist like you in the industry right now someone that has a lot of talent and probably the biggest fanbase right now and that uses her talent and platform not only to spread joy but to open up about other messages and topics rather than love or breakups I also have always loved how versatile you are and how you're constantly pushing boundaries and setting the bar for pop music anyway I guess what I'm trying to say here is this album is incredible and you're an incredible artist which you've probably heard a million times and is probably not a big deal coming from me but I felt the need to say it anyway

ooc: Great job as always loved all the different sounds and all the different lyrics also I'm convinced you're a professional writer which is unfair to me so yeah I think you're gonna need to start writing my lyrics Whistle
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 22 December 2015 06:35:03(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
mISTER_b: Still can't believe I had the privilage to work with you years ago, you're still wonderfull after so many time and this new album it's just a reflection of what you're capable of, reinventing itself its such a hard task, but you do it marvelously.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 22/12/2015(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#11 Posted : 23 December 2015 22:53:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Sometimes your RPs cause me to run out of superlatives to use. I'll Google some more...jk, but this is wonderful, as always. Your RP is always incredible and you've made Vanity such an icon over the years. These are easily among the best lyrics I've ever seen from you, I reckon. Really great work :)

Katie: You can always rely on Vanity to turn Katie from a responsible adult and mother to a screaming teenage fan girl. Star power on point, and these songs...man you are just timeless, Vanity. Pure class unmatched.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 24/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#12 Posted : 24 December 2015 05:16:19(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alec: I am honestly so happy that there is an artist like you in the industry right now someone that has a lot of talent and probably the biggest fanbase right now and that uses her talent and platform not only to spread joy but to open up about other messages and topics rather than love or breakups I also have always loved how versatile you are and how you're constantly pushing boundaries and setting the bar for pop music anyway I guess what I'm trying to say here is this album is incredible and you're an incredible artist which you've probably heard a million times and is probably not a big deal coming from me but I felt the need to say it anyway

ooc: Great job as always loved all the different sounds and all the different lyrics also I'm convinced you're a professional writer which is unfair to me so yeah I think you're gonna need to start writing my lyrics Whistle

Vanity: Thank you, Alec. It seems a waste to be in the position that I'm in and not use it for the greater good to bring awareness to issues in society that are close to my heart. X

OOC: Heh I wish I was :p thank you!

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
mISTER_b: Still can't believe I had the privilage to work with you years ago, you're still wonderfull after so many time and this new album it's just a reflection of what you're capable of, reinventing itself its such a hard task, but you do it marvelously.

Vanity: Don't be silly, darling. It was my pleasure to work with you! I'm so proud of all the music we created together, and hope that we'll get that opportunity again in the future. Thanks for your brilliance.

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Sometimes your RPs cause me to run out of superlatives to use. I'll Google some more...jk, but this is wonderful, as always. Your RP is always incredible and you've made Vanity such an icon over the years. These are easily among the best lyrics I've ever seen from you, I reckon. Really great work :)

Katie: You can always rely on Vanity to turn Katie from a responsible adult and mother to a screaming teenage fan girl. Star power on point, and these songs...man you are just timeless, Vanity. Pure class unmatched.

OOC: Hahah awh, thanks Scott. =)

Vanity: I've been running away from being a responsible adult for what seems like all my life, so that's acceptable, darling... and very flattering. Thank you for always being so kind and supportive. 💋

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Welat65  
#13 Posted : 24 December 2015 06:55:30(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Ezra: When Eyelids was released, I thought it's the perfect song. But then, you released Hallucinate and you showed me that this one is even better. AND now, you released the album and just blowed my whole mind. I thought that nothing could be better than Hallucinate but after listening to the album , I STRONGLY disagree. This Album is a masterpiece and every song is better than the previous one. I also need to say that the songs get better and better when I have them on repeat. I don't know what you did but I call this magic. This is just perfection.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 28/12/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 30 December 2015 13:01:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Yeah, this pretty much shits on anything I've ever written lol. But it's fine, I don't know how you do it. I guess you have a gift or maybe you're just very good at this game. Either way, I don't really expect anything short of amazing from you. It's really funny because I thought after all these years, your songwriting quality would decline but it seems to have only gotten better. Please slip me some of what you're drinking to get this good, I need it badly. I enjoyed this rp from start to finish. I've always had a hard time sometimes understanding your songwriting and lyrics which I think is a good thing because it shows how complex and meaningful your lyrics are. I don't know, I think I was trying to compliment your roleplay but it's starting to sound like jealousy :P Anyway, amazing job as always.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#15 Posted : 31 December 2015 01:05:05(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
Ezra: When Eyelids was released, I thought it's the perfect song. But then, you released Hallucinate and you showed me that this one is even better. AND now, you released the album and just blowed my whole mind. I thought that nothing could be better than Hallucinate but after listening to the album , I STRONGLY disagree. This Album is a masterpiece and every song is better than the previous one. I also need to say that the songs get better and better when I have them on repeat. I don't know what you did but I call this magic. This is just perfection.

Vanity: A masterpiece? That's so very kind of you, Ezra. Thank you for believing in my music, I'm really proud of all my releases, but this one in particular just feels... special to me. :)

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Yeah, this pretty much shits on anything I've ever written lol. But it's fine, I don't know how you do it. I guess you have a gift or maybe you're just very good at this game. Either way, I don't really expect anything short of amazing from you. It's really funny because I thought after all these years, your songwriting quality would decline but it seems to have only gotten better. Please slip me some of what you're drinking to get this good, I need it badly. I enjoyed this rp from start to finish. I've always had a hard time sometimes understanding your songwriting and lyrics which I think is a good thing because it shows how complex and meaningful your lyrics are. I don't know, I think I was trying to compliment your roleplay but it's starting to sound like jealousy :P Anyway, amazing job as always.

OOC: Oh gaaahd, all this flattery, Tequila! Careful before you inflate me ego hahah. All of that was so sweet though, thank you so much and I'm glad you liked it. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Atonic Records  
#16 Posted : 04 January 2016 18:48:22(UTC)
Atonic Records

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2278 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Medina: I need to give rolling stones a call and tell them to coronate the new queen of pop..no, queen of everything. I love this album and I love how you keep everything so diverse. Most album get boring by the 4th or 5th track, but yours just kept getting better and better. I'm really proud to be in a industry that has a woman like you, the industry no longer belongs to old middle age white guys but to one woman..VANITY. Keep on doing what you're doing, of course add a twist to it once in a while since that's what you're known for, but just keep on making good music.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Atonic Records for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 05/01/2016(UTC)