logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 30 December 2015 11:44:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: December 29th, 2015
Format: Digital Download
Recorded: 2014
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 3:44
Label: Permanent Reminder
Writer(s): Lacy Ward, Tina Davis, Harmony Samuels
Producer(s): Harmony Samuels

Background & Description

"Constant" is the second official single from the girlgroup LUSH. It was first introduced at the second annual Fall Festival where the girls performed it for the first time. It was met with rave reviews as critic applauded their amazing vocals and charisma when performing live. Although the girls are no stranger to the stage, there was a worry they had lost their spark and spunk but their performance was quickly able to confirm they hadn't missed a beat. The single is three minutes and fourty-four seconds long and there is a rumored remixed version featuring a famous rapper but no details or word on who that is and when it will be released. It was announced as a single in October but it wasn't officially released on streaming services and iTunes until December 29th.

"Constant" is described as a Pop and R&B single which features samples from Lil Kim's "Crush On You" and "Rain Dance" by The Jeff Lorber Fusion. It was written by LUSH member Lacy Ward with Tina Davis and Harmony Samuels. Production wise, Harmony Samuels, who has worked with artists such as Chris Brown, Kelly Rowland, and Ne-Yo, took on the role as sole producer. When it comes down to the division of singing parts, Bianca Hughes sings majority of the song, due to her high soprano range and Danielle has the second verse which she sings alone. The song stats off with a male, distorted voice for the outro, "Been there from beginnings, and you'll be there til the end" to which Bianca picks up afterwards and softly croons, "And baby that's love." Aubrei then comes in to sing the first verse, her light and mezzosoprano vocals. Bianca then takes the reigns with the pre-chorus and a clash of "aye's" to follow up behind her. Bianca sings with a lot of power but has not quite yet honed her vocals to unlock the max potential of them. Even though she is not 100%, she still manages to captivate the listener. The girls only sing together when they are singing the chorus and the hook of the song, allowing for their playful harmonies to take over. Danielle then comes in on the second verse, with her unique tone front and center. Dani has a lower and huskier voice and is limited when going higher so far, but she's able to mix well with the other women. There's a playful bounce at the end of every note she sings. Lacy then comes in to sing the pre-chorus, her only part in the song even though she co-wrote it. Lacy's delicate and sweet vocals really give balance so the song doesn't sound too gritty or aggressive but she's also able to serve some power and fieriness when she needs to and she does exactly so in the song. For the remainder of the song, it's Bianca's playground. She shows off her amazing range and even hits some whistle notes with the other girls surrounding her with their harmonies, but, this doesn't mean the rest of the ladies are left out. Each girl is given a time to shine and each girl does so with class. The song ends with all four of them together singing the last line of the song, "Never change."

Lyrically, the song speaks about the admiration for another person, but the girls don't necessarily think of it as a love song. Instead, they believe the song represents what love is all about rather a male and female, male and male, or female and female, it doesn't matter. It's all about having that stableness in your life, that constant, that allows you to feel like you can depend on them for anything and everything. While the lyrics tug on the typical, romance song, the girls insist it's much more than that.

Danielle Aubrei Lacy Bianca

(Been there from beginnings, and you’ll be there ‘til the end)
And baby that’s love (baby that’s love)
(oh oh ooh oh)
And baby that’s love (baby that’s love)

My constant, my constant babe
My constant, you’re my constant, yeah
My constant, you’re my constant

As everything changes around me
I can always look to you
Not many are up to the task
But, you’re one of the chosen few
You managed to break on through

Know what all I want (aye)
Before I open my lips (aye)
Only one to steal my breath
And seal it with a kiss (hey)
Promised I’d never fall
So deep into this thing
But I’m only human
I’m only human, oh
And you’ve been there all this time…

People come and go
They’ll walk right out of my mind
But you seem to be that type
To have me in the palm of your hand (your hand)
Your hand (your hand)

You don’t want me, to bow down
You’re never looking, to parade me around
And I swear it on my life
I’ll always feel like that
Cause babe, you’re my constant

It’s a little funny how the world works
It’s spinning every day, 365
But you never slip away, you’re always beside
Always beside me

Know what all I want (aye)
Before I open my lips (aye)
Only one to steal my breath
And seal it with a kiss
(hey)
Promised I’d never fall
So deep into this thing
But I’m only human
I’m only human, oh

People come and go
But you seem to be that type
Your hand (your hand)

You don’t want me, to bow down
It’s a mutual respect
And I’m in the palm of your hand
Everything can change but you’re my constant

People come and go
(right out of my mind)
But you seem to be that type (boy you seem the type)
Your hand (your hand)
(Oooh)

You don’t want me, to bow down (no)
It’s a mutual respect
And I’m in the palm of your hand
Everything can change but you’re my constant

My constant, I’m in the palm of your hand
You got me in the palm of your hand

My constant, you’re my constant
Never change

Sounds Like (No Rap):

Edited by user 30 December 2015 11:45:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 12 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 30/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 30/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 30/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 30/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 30/12/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 31/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 31/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 31/12/2015(UTC), genocidal king on 31/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 31/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 31/12/2015(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 03/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2015 01:36:19(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Giiiirls, I love this so much! Yaaaaas!!! As someone who grew up obsessing over pop groups, it actually kinda makes me squeal with excitement to see you girls around, building up your name and killing it. The samples on this are genius and this is one of my fave girl group singles in a while soooo yeah, not that it means much comin' from lil old me, but have the compliment away. 2016 is gonna be the year of Lush waaahooo. :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/12/2015(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2015 04:14:02(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Chris: see polls don't lie, people said you girls were going to be big so we will see,

Sarah: Are you really going to judge them off of a poll we did on a small show

Chris:Yes, is that wrong it was our show,

Jake: Next Year is going to be full with girl groups

Chris: Get ya sleeping bags we going to have a lot of slumber parties 2016,

Sarah & Jake: What the Hell Happen Last Time!!!

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 31 December 2015 06:50:18(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: Ladies you all did an excellent job here you all nailed it vocally and to add to the excellent vocals you've got great production and really good lyrics I'm so happy that you've all come back because I really feel like now is your time like you know what you want and you've got everything needed this time to help you so it'll be incredible to finally get that album and see what's next in 2016 great job ladies (:

Layla: Girls this is soooooo incredible like you have no idea I watched the video of you all performing this and you did incredible I'm so happy that this is finally a single and I'm probably going to be listening to it forever thank you for this blessing!

Naomi: I definitely feel like 2016 will be the year of LUSH and it's about time people start realizing what you women have to offer you're all incredibly talented individuals and your vocals blend so well together and I feel like you're gonna be putting out bop after bop after bop in 2016 so I cannot wait to be slayed by you four all year

Jamie: Girls this is soooo good you all really deserve this so much and I'm happy you're getting another chance to make your dreams come true and this time it really feels like THE time it's going to happen and I hope everybody else is prepared for it ;)

Nicole: Y'all this song is so amazing and each of us love it so much I love how you each have such distinct voices but how well they each come together for your harmonies being in a group especially a girl group we know how much practice it takes to get to the point you girls are at but y'all make it seem so effortless and it's just wonderful keep doing what you're doing I cannot wait to see what's next :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 31 December 2015 09:10:23(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: You girls are so pretty and your voices are so good! I get goosebumps everytime I hear Bianca sing, and your voices just match with eachother. The production is sick, and the lyrics close to perfection.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 31 December 2015 12:27:55(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: I like. the artwork and the lyrics presented here. It's like that spin on a love song that could represent something else other than it being just a love song, which I find unique. LUSH are very much so anticipated on here so it nice to see you guys getting around to releases by them. Excited to see what else in store.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2016 08:09:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Aubrei: So proud of us all! 2016 is going to be our year for real, girls! I feel it.

Ooc: Nice work on this rp. Well written and a really good song :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 11 January 2016 14:20:59(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Danielle: Ew, what is this mess! These girls want to be SYNCO so bad ;) Lolz! Ah, I'm so glad that everyone went ahead with this as the new single. One of my favorites that we have recorded together and we've recorded hell of a lot over the years! It's been said before but I'll say it again, 2016 is the year of LUSH ;)

OOC: Great work as always with the girls. I feel a bit guilty having my mind focused on other projects while you've been putting in a lot of work with this band. I must say that you are doing a great job and always impress me whenever anything LUSH orientated pops up in my private messages haha.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/01/2016(UTC)