logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2015 06:10:27(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Genre: Synth Pop, Electropop
Songwriters: Austin Nimmo, Aiden Davis
Producers: Shellback
Label: FREEDOM

Passenger is a single recorded by pop artist Austin Nimmo taken from his sophomore album "Unscripted" as an instant download after a pre-order has been made. "Unscripted" will be released on Thanksgiving Day but the available to pre-order the album was made on November 6th, 2015. Weeks before the album is officially released. Passenger is also rumored to be serviced to radio stations sometime after the album is released. Passenger was produced by producer Shellback and was written by Austin Nimmo with well known songwriter and producer Aiiden Davis receiving a cowriting credit for the song. Passenger was recorded in July of 2015 after Aiiden Davis sent in the undone record to Austin that just had the written chorus in tact. Austin fell in love with the initial feeling of the record although it had no beat or production as of yet. Over the next few weeks Nimmo wrote the verses to the song and even re-wrote the original chorus. When the song was done being written in early August and after a long meetin with Shellback about the direction and sound Austin wanted for his new album, a few beats were sent to Austin from Shellback and one of those beats were chosen to be the initial sound for "Passenger" among others that appear on the album. Over the next few days in August of 2015, Austin flew out to LA to beginning recording "Passenger". The record was done within the next few days and was sent for mixing and finalization just days later. When the song was completely finished, Austin expressed that the record was one of his favorites from the album for numerous reasons and as a gift to the fans who pre-order Unscripted, the single will be included instantly with every pre-order download.

Passenger is a Synth Pop and Electropop record that tells a story about a very complicated relationship that experiences hardships, one of these many hardships is that the catalysts in the record questions whether or not they actually have made the protagonist happy all along as they struggle to stay together as they are both traveling all over the world the bigger picture of the song as a whole is speaking of a boy who really just enjoys being in the company of this person but the other person is like a passenger since they come, and leave and their relationships seems to be built upon that and is causing the actual problems. During the record Austin sings out: And I'm going to the other side of the country|And you're going far away too|Who else can make you happy?|I don't even know if I ever did. Production wise, the record screams 80's pop and gives us an instant throwback vibe from the very start of the record and as the record continues on, it grows bigger with the 80′s style drums, sax and synths that build up an infinite energy that make this song impossible to not sing along to.

Promotion and Live Performances
Austin Nimmo performed the single for the first time during his performance on Good Morning America on December 23rd, 2015. A day later Austin Nimmo spoke about the single "Passenger" during his interview with Anniken Dahl Smith on "Dahl Hour". The following night, Austin performed the record along with Real, Control, City That Never Sleeps, What Happened and Boyfriend during his set at the Macy's Christmas Bash.

UserPostedImage

Definitely and easily one of my favorite tracks on the album. Really loved the way that the record turned out and I must give Shellback a pat on the shoulder for working with me on this record. It took a while to do this record. It started out as a totally different type of record and then I really wasn't happy with it so I scrapped the whole other song and then re-wrote something else that became "Passenger" and all the while Shellback waited for me to finalize the writing of the record to record it with him! Shellback and I have been working together since the last album so we really know eachother, he knows all my stregths as a performer and really know what I look for with my sound. Through all the trial and tribulation, maybe that's why I love this song so much. I think I've grown an attachment to it because it was in the works for a while and when you have something close to you that you've worked on, and then got rid of and then started working on again and finally have it finished and turns out just the way you imagined it, it tend to stick you and that's the deal with Passenger. I'd also like to thank Aiiden Davis for working on the song writing of the record with me. Anyway, on Track 4 the album takes a more vulnerable approach with Passenger. It has a big chorus but the lyrics talk about a deeper story that feel needs to be heard.

In pain and tears
I remember the night
When you passed the door
I'm now lost in the picture
Crying below this town
Today you love me
The next day you blow away

All I do now is cry under the rain
You took your baggage, and jumped on the plane.
And I can still hear you calling out my name
How I loved your corner smile, your attitude and your sweet ways

And I'm going to the other side of the country
And you're going far away too
Who else can make you happy?
I don't even know if I ever did

And you come like a passenger then you leave
You said you fell in love
Was I dreaming?
I will never have the taste of your lips
On mine again

You go there for 3 months and leave me unwaged
Then you come back I got mad at you
And you beg me to forgive
And I'm ending believing what you said
You're such an expert for making believe what you say
How I loved the way you guessed all the things I'm going to say

And I'm going to the other side of the country
I don't even now if I ever did

Was I dreaming?
On mine again

And I call you in the middle of the night just to hear the sound of your voice
To remember you the times we used to be happy
To show you how much you meant to me
And how much you still do

It's quiet where I am
I'm watching at the blue sky
And some perfumes reminds me of you, and the food that you love
I'm trying to make you understand it's never too late
And I'll never forget you, it never crossed my mind

Tomorrow I'll go to the other side of the country
I don't even now if I ever did

Was I dreaming?
On mine again
Come like a passenger then leave, I will never have the taste of your lips
On mine once again
Like I used too

Edited by user 31 December 2015 06:11:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 5 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 31/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 31/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 31/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 01/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 01/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2015 07:44:33(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alec: Personally this song is what I imagine to be pop perfection everything just flows so well you sound very convincing singing this which gives it a more personal feel then there are the lyrics which I'm pretty sure many people can relate to but the icing on the cake for this for me is honestly the production it's so different but also familiar and the way that it blends in with your vocals is amazing as well I also love the fact that this isn't only about the production though because as I said the lyrics actually have meaning and are personal to you yet relatable and I'm really glad you've released this as an official single but anyway let me stop rambling here and just end this with great job Austin
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Welat65  
#3 Posted : 31 December 2015 09:57:32(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
AliyaRose: I think you already know that I'm a huge fan, but I can't say it enough! Your music is perfection. Everything you do, is perfect for my ears and I can't even explain it. The song is catchy, it's produced amazingly and the lyrics is perfect.
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 01 January 2016 03:06:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alec: Personally this song is what I imagine to be pop perfection everything just flows so well you sound very convincing singing this which gives it a more personal feel then there are the lyrics which I'm pretty sure many people can relate to but the icing on the cake for this for me is honestly the production it's so different but also familiar and the way that it blends in with your vocals is amazing as well I also love the fact that this isn't only about the production though because as I said the lyrics actually have meaning and are personal to you yet relatable and I'm really glad you've released this as an official single but anyway let me stop rambling here and just end this with great job Austin

Austin: Thanks man! I find that I should make all my records relatable so listeners can have a connection. So I try to make sure everything flows well whether it be the lyrics, the production and even my vocals so I'm very happy you recognize that. Thanks for the kind words dude, best of luck and happy new year :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 01 January 2016 03:09:28(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
AliyaRose: I think you already know that I'm a huge fan, but I can't say it enough! Your music is perfection. Everything you do, is perfect for my ears and I can't even explain it. The song is catchy, it's produced amazingly and the lyrics is perfect.

Austin: Thank you Aliya, that's a huge compliment and I appreciate that greatly. I'm a fan as well :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 11 January 2016 13:38:46(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Lincoln: I'm a huge fan and you have such an awesome first name :) This is probably my favourite song you've released...well alongside City That Never Sleeps. You are one of the many people who inspired me to follow my dreams so I'm really thankful for your music and I will always support it. I love the album, Austin and I'm so glad that this is a single :)

ooc: I'll pretend you didn't steal a sound a like from me Whistle Great work on all of this. I think that Austin's album really shows a growth in his music, not only sonically through the sounds you've used for it but lyrically too. It's a nice transition, seems like a very natural progression and the lyrics reflect or at least hint at what's going on in his RP relationship rather than just being a random song made for a pop album. Shows a bit more thought has went into it :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 11/01/2016(UTC)