logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 02 January 2016 04:30:14(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Fix Myself
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Alternative Pop, indie-pop
Length: 3:53
Writer(s): Alec Cole, Edin "BANKS" Kastrati
Producer(s): Alec Cole, Edin "BANKS" Kastrati
Released: January 1st 2016

Alec
Banks
Both

"Fix Myself" is the third single from 17 year old American singer/songwriter/producer Alec Cole's debut album "INTO..." the song features fellow up-and-coming singer/songwriter/producer BANKS and was co-written and co-produced by him along with Alec the song speaks about trying to move on from the relationship however it also shows the side that still wants to stay in love Alec portrays the side that wants to move on while BANKS portrays the side that can't seem to do so as Alec sings about trying to move on throughout the song we hear Banks come in with doubts about moving on and questions why he still loves the person he's in love with

"Fix Myself" is the third single from Alec's debut album each track was centered around the same relationship however it seems that everybody fell in love with Alec's sad break up half of the album which is titled "INTO: The Storm" because this is the third singe from that section this track was also voted on to be the next single on twitter garnering over 100k votes the track was chosen over "The Wild" and "Drown" to be the next single which was a pretty tough decision considering these three tracks are three of the strongest on the album however lets talk more about this track the song was produced and written by Alec Cole who has writing and production credits on each song and Banks who has recently released his successful debut single "Blowing Glass" which he has writing and production credits on as well and these two did a great job on this track together with the production being the strongest part on this track giving us smooth laid back sounds throughout the verses and a steady build up during each chorus which leads to an amazing instrumental break with different synths flying around along with a steady drum beat it brings up the tempo of the track but manages to keep the laid back smooth vibe going through it the two definitely did an incredible job there vocally the boys sing in a style which definitely fits along with the sound as the boys show us two different sounding smooth voices that come together in the chorus for an incredible harmony that sounds like they've been doing this for years the boys definitely have a chemistry working together which shows on this song that seems to go perfectly lyrically the song has very high moments but also a few low moments however nothing low enough to completely ruin the song as the boys' production on this one along with their balanced vocals layered over it really hold the song together

Alec seems to have had quite a bit of success already with songs like this "Fucked Up" reaching the top 5 on both digital and airplay charts despite it's mature lyrics and with "Too Cool To Care" topping both charts bringing him his first ever #1 on both of those charts there are no doubts in my mind that this'll be another successful single I don't see it going #1 but it could definitely hit the top 5 especially with the production and vocals the boys delivered here and the song does definitely have quite a few great moments here lyrically but there are also moments where it falls a bit short all in all this is a very good song and could possibly be a strong single

Heart is cold but it's fitting
I was caught in your rain
May have almost lost me breath
May have almost felt regret
Infected in the beginning
Lost myself in our sinning
Had my heart beating slow
I could feel you in my bones still
In my bones still yeah

Was caught up in the beauty of the storm
The way that you formed
Intoxicated by you hips
Overdosed on your lips
But no more for me I
I'll fix myself up

Instrumental

My mind was absent
So my heart done the thinking
It drowned in your love
But it's time that I swim
And I'm ready for the shaking
That comes without your addiction
I can calm myself down
I'll make my bluff real now

My eyes are adjusting
I can clearly see you
I was blinded by your light
But now I see the truth

I let you in my bloodstream
But what's past stays in the past
Far past you
Now I choose
To fix myself up

Instrumental

What they all say is wrong, feels right
What has darkened my heart, gives light
When I try to forget it all, I recall
What I try to surrender, I fight
We can never change what was
And I can't wait forever, but only because,
All time will expire, it's a promise, a liar,
Though I wish that my love wouldn't last, It does.

All that was fantasy, felt real.
And if all that is hurting could yet heal.
If there's just empty space, that I can try and replace,
Why does my heart belong to you still?

Was caught up in the beauty of the storm
The way that you formed
Intoxicated by you hips
Overdosed on your lips
But no more for me
I'll fix, I'll fix myself up

Edited by user 02 January 2016 04:31:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 02/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 03/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 03/01/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 05/01/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2016 04:49:55(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
OOC: Fucking Shit John, You really got something with these Alec Cole and sound alike this shit is really on point. Like I don't even have a snappy witty think to say but if you have to keep a character I would petition that you keep Alec Cole as much as I like your group I feel like this guy is a real person that will tear up the chart in real life.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2016 08:07:18(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: I think we have a young star here. Relentless, hardworking and extremely talented. You have the tools to go a long way, I'm sure of it.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 02/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2016 07:38:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Banks: Whoa, I had no idea this would be chosen as the next single but I'm nonetheless very excited about it. It was great working with you, here's to us performing the song live somewhere since it's a single now? That'd be cool man.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/01/2016(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2016 07:57:07(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
RaniShreela: This is amazing! I'm seeing another #1 in your discrography. But for real, the fact that MY BOSS is so talented makes me happy and feel good. The sound of the song is amazing, It has something relaxing to it and yet I'm feeling so emotional. The lyrics is top, there is literally nothing bad I can say about it. Both of your voices match with eachother, and yeah. It's a amazing song.

OOC: I'm slayed. Applause
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 03/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#6 Posted : 05 January 2016 06:09:21(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Fucking Shit John, You really got something with these Alec Cole and sound alike this shit is really on point. Like I don't even have a snappy witty think to say but if you have to keep a character I would petition that you keep Alec Cole as much as I like your group I feel like this guy is a real person that will tear up the chart in real life.

OOC: Wow thank you so much I'll definitely keep him then in case the trsg Apocalypse actually happens thanks again I'm really glad you enjoyed this :)

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott: I think we have a young star here. Relentless, hardworking and extremely talented. You have the tools to go a long way, I'm sure of it.

Alec: Thanks Scott as you already know I've been a big fan of your music for awhile so it always means so much to hear things like this from you

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Banks: Whoa, I had no idea this would be chosen as the next single but I'm nonetheless very excited about it. It was great working with you, here's to us performing the song live somewhere since it's a single now? That'd be cool man.

Alec: Of course this is one of my favorite tracks on the album and it helps that the everybody else loved it too haha we definitely gotta perform it live sometime it'd be fun

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
RaniShreela: This is amazing! I'm seeing another #1 in your discrography. But for real, the fact that MY BOSS is so talented makes me happy and feel good. The sound of the song is amazing, It has something relaxing to it and yet I'm feeling so emotional. The lyrics is top, there is literally nothing bad I can say about it. Both of your voices match with eachother, and yeah. It's a amazing song.

OOC: I'm slayed. Applause

Alec: Thank you Rani I really do appreciate all of the kind words here it's always nice to be called talented by a talented individual so thanks again :)

OOC: I am happy to have slayed Dancing
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Online BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 11 January 2016 14:58:57(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
OOC: Not to offend you or any Troye fans but I could do without him and his music. That being said, I do enjoy the work you've been doing with Alec Cole regardless of sound alikes. You seem to put in a lot of time and effort with him. I can tell that he's one of your favourite characters or at least one you have a real passion to write for. I applaud your consistency not only with his releasing and touring schedule but the quality of his lyrics. The collaboration was a great idea too as Alec Cole and Banks (if they were real life artists) do seem like they would work well together :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 11/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 12 January 2016 02:10:28(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Not to offend you or any Troye fans but I could do without him and his music. That being said, I do enjoy the work you've been doing with Alec Cole regardless of sound alikes. You seem to put in a lot of time and effort with him. I can tell that he's one of your favourite characters or at least one you have a real passion to write for. I applaud your consistency not only with his releasing and touring schedule but the quality of his lyrics. The collaboration was a great idea too as Alec Cole and Banks (if they were real life artists) do seem like they would work well together :)

OOC: No offense taken we all have our different tastes in music especially on this forum lol but thank you I'm glad you're enjoying what I'm doing with this character your guess would also be correct he has be come one of my favorite characters and one of the funnest for me to write for and thank you again I'm once again glad that you're enjoying what I've been doing with the character I'm also happy that you think they'd make good collaboration partners I thought the same thing when I asked Jaime lol thanks again really glad you liked this and the other things I've been doing with him :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage