logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2016 15:59:34(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: LEDGE
Label: Safe Haven Records
Genre: Indie-pop. pop
Length: 3:33
Writer(s): Danielle "DREAM" Minami, Alec Cole
Producer(s): Alec Cole
Released: January 15th 2016

"LEDGE" is the debut single by singer/songwriter DREAM on her new label Safe Haven Records she had released a single a few years prior to "LEDGE" but chooses not to claim that song as her own as she had no writing or creative input on that record at all and was unhappy with the lyrics and style of the track though this is technically her second single she remains to call it her "true debut" "LEDGE" was written by both DREAM and Alec Cole and produced by Cole

Lyrics

The track itself speaks on the topic of a relationship where the couple is constantly up and down what DREAM calls a "Roller-relationship" as she goes through the song we hear her starting to get tired of the relationship but every time she tires of the relationship she ends up loving it again until it finally gets to the point to where she doesn't know what the two should even do anymore as she shown in the bridge of the song with lyrics like "Further then closer to you/Do we make love or fight?/Building then crumbling on/Your kiss, your lips, your bite" the high points in the song lyrically are definitely the bridge as DREAM truly gets across what it feels like to be in a "roller-relationship" the pre-chorus is also a pretty decent point in the track with lyrics like "Gone off the tracks/From light to dark then back" once again capturing the feel of an up and down relationship where things can be good then bad then good again there is also a line in the first verse "Say my name then curse it/Then tell me that you love me" which also really gets the point across rather well while giving us that catchy poppy side like the previous lyrics mentioned however there are also low points with parts of the chorus and the second verse there are a few but putting those aside the lyrics are rather good with a few sloppy parts here and there but this is only the lead single from DREAM's upcoming album/EP so lets see what she has to offer next

Production

The song does a better job production wise than it does lyrically giving us that indie-pop vibe that a lot of artists have been going for recently while also giving us the plain old pop vibes that gives it a slight edge this could definitely be one of the most radio friendly tracks produced by Alec Cole with production that isn't overly dark or overly jumpy or too mellow the track manages to find a middle ground instead with fun synths throughout the song and other fun little instrumentation throughout the track that doesn't take over the entire track but is definitely present this is definitely different for an Alec Cole produced track and hopefully we get to hear more of this style of indie-pop on DREAM's upcoming album/EP and maybe even on some of Alec's music in the future because again the production here is done extremely well managing to step right on the line between indie and pop without totally crossing over it

Vocally

Vocally DREAM gives a rather good performance sure some people may have expected a little better after hearing her and Alec perform on Real Talk with Ezra but not every song needs a standout vocal performance she's actually done a perfect job on layering her vocals over the production over here and just tying the whole song together if I were to pick a more standout moment it'd probably be the bridge which you can hear the tensions of the relationship finally begin to take a tole on her as she sings in higher pitch but giving us a more stressed out sound from her as she sings about being unsure where to go and what to do next but throughout the song DREAM does a very good job of blending her vocals along with the production and lyrics of the track and as I said before keeping it tied together

Overall

Overall the song isn't amazing but it has it's moments and gives us little glimpses on how good DREAM could possibly become in the future and though it may not be the song of the year compared to releases from Barbie Doll, Austin Nimmo. label mate Chantal Hayes, and even mentor Alec Cole it definitely is good it's very catchy which might get it some airplay but I believe the purpose of this song was more to get people ready for DREAM than anything else and though it may not be amazing again it does have it's really great moments and it's got me excited and looking forward to see what comes next from DREAM

Start a little fire (hotter)
In between you and me (ooh, ooh)
Say my name then curse it (ah, ah)
Then tell me that you love me (ooh, ooh)

Gone off the tracks
From light to dark then back
(It keeps getting hotter, it keeps getting hotter)

This ledge you've got me on
The same old song, it never stops
This ledge is what I want
The same old song, I love it though
I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

Keep me high up on the (wire)
Tensions running high for me (ooh, ooh)
Kiss me like you've never (ah, ah)
Never hated me (ooh, ooh)

Gone off the tracks
(Keep me on this wire, keep me on this wire)

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

Further then closer to you
Do we make love or fight?
Building then crumbling on
Your kiss, your lips, your bite

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

Edited by user 23 January 2016 11:57:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Welat65 on 15/01/2016(UTC), GirlSpice on 15/01/2016(UTC), erich hess on 15/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 15/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 16/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/01/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/01/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/01/2016(UTC), DistortedAudio on 17/01/2016(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 20/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 15 January 2016 20:06:35(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Valentina: Giiiirl! wowow. What a debut! If I don't hear this everywhere soon enough then... the world is even shittier than I thought heh. So much faith in you as an artist though, 2016 could really be your year. Get 'em tigaaaah.

OOC: I love the lyrics and soundalike, great job. :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 16/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2016 07:43:23(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Valentina: Giiiirl! wowow. What a debut! If I don't hear this everywhere soon enough then... the world is even shittier than I thought heh. So much faith in you as an artist though, 2016 could really be your year. Get 'em tigaaaah.

OOC: I love the lyrics and soundalike, great job. :D

DREAM: Excuse me is this a dream? Is the queen of Alt/indie-pop digging my song? Is the person who inspired me to get back into the industry digging my song? Nah this is a dream thank you so much Valentina Hart I'm not religious but oh my god!

OOC: Thank you so much I'm really glad you like it :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2016 11:28:19(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Joziah: So many good viiiibes. Gonna be bumping this one for a long time.

OOC: Such a great format for the track description! It's so organized lol! Good job on this, I really dig it.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

thanks 1 user thanked Clampdown for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 17/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 19 January 2016 05:36:10(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Joziah: So many good viiiibes. Gonna be bumping this one for a long time.

OOC: Such a great format for the track description! It's so organized lol! Good job on this, I really dig it.

DREAM: Yeah man that's what it's all about tbh thanks glad you like it :)

OOC: Thank you I did something similar with SYNCO's last album this is basically a shorter version of it I find these easier to do and read rather than the long descriptions :P I'm glad you dig it thanks again :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline Welat65  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2016 07:42:37(UTC)
Welat65

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
CosmaMendoza: Yaaay this is amazing!! I loved you alooot on the show with ezra and this made me love you even more! I loveeee your voice son much omg I can't even handle it
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 20/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 21 January 2016 05:41:24(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Welat65 Go to Quoted Post
CosmaMendoza: Yaaay this is amazing!! I loved you alooot on the show with ezra and this made me love you even more! I loveeee your voice son much omg I can't even handle it

DREAM: Thank you Cosma I'm glad that you liked it and I'm glad that you liked watching me on Ezra I'm super happy that you love my voice thank ou so much :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 23 January 2016 01:29:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Another great release by you, John. I remember when you use to only have pop acts and use pop sound-alikes and only write pop lyrics but look at you now, experimenting with, and slaying other genres ;) I think this is another indication of that. I think the lyrics are great and I enjoyed the sound alike and the neatness of the RP itself. I look forward to getting to know DREAM some more in the near future :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 23/01/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#9 Posted : 23 January 2016 05:49:25(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Another great release by you, John. I remember when you use to only have pop acts and use pop sound-alikes and only write pop lyrics but look at you now, experimenting with, and slaying other genres ;) I think this is another indication of that. I think the lyrics are great and I enjoyed the sound alike and the neatness of the RP itself. I look forward to getting to know DREAM some more in the near future :)

OOC: Thank you Jaime and yeah I remember I wouldn't even claim people from different genres before I remember R&B lyrics terrified me because I sucked at them back then I wouldn't even think of writing a song like this or even having a character like DREAM or Alec it's fun though going out of my comfort zone lol and thanks again it really means a lot :) hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of her on here soon thanks again for checking this out and I'm really glad you liked it :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage
Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 23 January 2016 11:56:55(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

ooc: there may be a few mistakes here I re-did some parts and left others so I apologize for that in advance I also apologize for the poor picture/gif placement and sizes I had to work with what I had that being said enjoy :P

DREAM - LEDGE (Official video)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The video opens up on the side of a bed in a pink room hanging over the bed we see some long blonde hair and two hands outstretching then we see the fingers begin to intertwine anything beyond this point in the background is out of focus the camera stays focused on focused on the two hands for a few seconds in silence before we finally hear DREAM speak in a soft monotone voice finally breaking the silence "I love you" the silence comes back for two seconds before a small kiss is heard after the kiss we see the camera pan out a little bit to where we can see two girls laying on the bed together one being DREAM who has her hair in up in a bun we then see the other girl reply to DREAM she speaks in the same soft monotone voice that we heard from DREAM repeating the words "I love you" to her before we hear the beat to DREAM's song LEDGE begin to play

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

After the song finally starts we see the scene change this time we see two different quick shots of the girls the first is DREAM and the girl's hands fingers intertwined as DREAM moves her hand slowly up the girls thighs before it cuts to a scene of the two holding hands moving in two kiss each other which fits with the lyrics DREAM sings "Start a little fire (hotter)/In between you and me (ooh, ooh)" however after these two scenes we see the video switch over to a lake for a few seconds in the lake stand four dark figures three men and one woman the woman being DREAM together they dance to the beat in the water in a synchronized odd style as the lyrics are now speaking on a bad part of the relationship "Say my name then curse it (ah, ah)/Then tell me that you love me (ooh, ooh)"

Start a little fire (hotter)
In between you and me (ooh, ooh)
Say my name then curse it (ah, ah)
Then tell me that you love me (ooh, ooh)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As the pre-chorus begins to kick in we see the girls in a different setting this time in an arcade room with video games all around it however the lighting remains pink from the bedroom as the pre-chorus is sung "Gone off the tracks/From light to dark then back/(It keeps getting hotter, it keeps getting hotter)" we see the girls in a few different quick shots the first being a close up of the other girls face looking in the distance seductively, the second from behind DREAM shows the two girls walking towards each other before the girl grabs DREAM, the third shows the girl holding DREAM's hands against the wall, the fourth is a close up of their lips only inches apart before it zooms out to show both the girls faces, and finally we see DREAM place her hands on the girls hips/bottom as the two are now extremely close to each other after the build up we finally get to the chorus where we see DREAM turn around and take control kissing the girl before moving down to kiss her neck as the chorus plays out in the background

Gone off the tracks
(It keeps getting hotter, it keeps getting hotter)

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

after the chorus we're brought back with the second verse where this time we see a few scenes of DREAM and the men dancing in the lake the men serve as a representation of DREAM's insecurity, anger, and doubt she dances with these negative emotions the emotions dance along with her following her every move seeming as though she currently had these emotions in check and is leading them as the lyrics "Keep me high up on the (wire)/Tensions running high for me (ooh, ooh) are heard we also se her dancing in the lade on her own after this part we see her once again with the girl this time back on the bed DREAM lays over her as the two stare into each others eyes seeming in happy and in love as the second half of the verse "Kiss me like you've never (ah, ah)/Never hated me (ooh, ooh)"

Keep me high up on the (wire)
Tensions running high for me (ooh, ooh)
Kiss me like you've never (ah, ah)
Never hated me (ooh, ooh)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

As the pre-chorus goes on we now see DREAM miming the lyrics to the song for the first time in the video as the shot remains with DREAM laying over the girl she does this in a more playful way as the other girl can be seen laughing at DREAM's over acting going along with the miming of the song to her before it cuts over to a scene where DREAM is once again dancing with her emotions in the lake however this time the emotions and DREAM seem totally out of sync with with each other it almost seems as though they're attempting to drown her she's once again seen dancing by herself however these scenes quickly cut back to the pair in the room they seem to be getting along well here as we see them smiling at each other and laughing once again despite what we had just seen for a few split seconds with DREAM and her emotions as the chorus arrives we once again see the girls kissing and expressing their love for one another throughout the chorus

Gone off the tracks
(Keep me on this wire, keep me on this wire)

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel m-

UserPostedImage

The music suddenly comes to a complete stop after the girl is seen turning of the radio out of frustration we now see the two in a car the silence fills the air the tension between the two girls can now be felt just by the looks they're giving each other they seem to be in an argument at this moment after three seconds of complete silence we finally hear the two girls yelling over one another the girls are yelling so loud at this point that neither of their words can really be heard finally though the argument comes to an end as we hear DREAM scream at the top of her lungs "I hate you!" which the girl seems to be extremely upset by she then leaves the car DREAM seems to immediately regret letting those words slip out of her mouth though she's still looks frustrated we see her also run out of the car to go chase after the girl

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

After DREAM leaves the car the music once again starts we now see the girls outside arguing however it's unclear what either girl is saying as the music is playing over their argument towards the end of the bridge we see the girl move in to kiss DREAM as the bridge begins to build up back into the chorus DREAM doesn't seem to take too well to this and stands there looking like an emotional wreck as the girl walks away bringing the bridge to an end

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Throughout the chorus we see a few more scenes the first of the girls sitting together both still looking clearly upset DREAM's love interest's mascara seems to be running from her tears we then see the girl hugging DREAM however looking at DREAM she seems to be emotionally detached from the girl we see another scene of the girls this time the girl is kissing DREAM's neck as she lies on one of the arcade machines DREAM still has that emotionally detached look on her face there are a few more scenes like this showing that the relationship is nowhere near as happy as it once was there are no more smiles in their moments shared no more laughs everything just seems to have died out the love seems to be gone

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

I wanna feel you feel me
I wanna feel you feel me

UserPostedImage

After the song finishes we see one final scene in the video the camera is focused on the lack for a few seconds the only sounds that are heard are that of whatever wild life is around there this goes on for about two seconds before we hear the crunching of leaves and sticks which gives the listener a clue that someone is walking towards the lake finally we see it we see one of the dancers who played one of DREAM's emotions walking towards the lake facing away from the camera with DREAM in his arms DREAM seems to be unconscious almost looking dead as soon as he takes her half way into the lake the video turns to black bringing the music video to an end
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/01/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 23/01/2016(UTC), kandii on 23/01/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 23/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 23/01/2016(UTC), erich hess on 23/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 23/01/2016(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#11 Posted : 23 January 2016 12:22:55(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
Tyler: Ah no, no. Do we really need another pop singer talking about relationships but put sex in the video. This is the reason why I thought Human was better, I mean the song wasn't great and the video seems like ALL the other pop songs with videos girls pretending to kiss and make out.

OOC: I actually like the video it always good to try and get another character going and I like this one so far.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 23 January 2016 14:01:00(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica: oh my god! That guy totally killed her! He was probably pissed she was stealing his girlfriend from him.

Nina: I think it's that thing cAlled symbolism,love.

Erica: syphilis?! You can tell that just by watching a video?!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline mebeme101  
#13 Posted : 24 January 2016 05:27:57(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Tyler: Ah no, no. Do we really need another pop singer talking about relationships but put sex in the video. This is the reason why I thought Human was better, I mean the song wasn't great and the video seems like ALL the other pop songs with videos girls pretending to kiss and make out.

OOC: I actually like the video it always good to try and get another character going and I like this one so far.

DREAM: First of all I'd like to say thank you for checking out the video and listening to the song so yeah thank you for that and I'm sorry that "sex" is all you could takeaway from this video because there's so much more than just that but I suppose people will takeaway whatever they want from it thanks again

OOC: Thank you I was actually really nervous about this character because she's got a similar genre to Alec and I'm pretty sure I wasted all my inspiration on him :P glad you like her so far though :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: oh my god! That guy totally killed her! He was probably pissed she was stealing his girlfriend from him.

Nina: I think it's that thing cAlled symbolism,love.

Erica: syphilis?! You can tell that just by watching a video?!

DREAM: Woah wait what? There is no syphilis involved in this video I promise haha thanks for checking out the video ladies :)
My Acts

UserPostedImage